Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

amdublin wrote: »
    What's this now?
    The morbidly repugnant human being called Trump morbidly obese regarding his taking of hydroxychloroquine under a doctor’s supervision for the last 10 days as a preventative caution against COVID-19.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

notobtuse wrote: »
    The morbidly repugnant human being called Trump morbidly obese regarding his taking of hydroxychloroquine under a doctor’s supervision for the last 10 days as a preventative caution against COVID-19.

What is he? 235lbs or so? Yep he's obese for sure.

Morbidly obese? Yep very close to it

#fact

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

All of the Washington Post's articles are opinion pieces, whether they label them that way or not. They still all need to be approved by the editorial board and we all know they'd never allow something to slip by that goes against their basic ideology.

Ah, ok.. can't defend the fact that the spurious "Health"
    Issues" story line that the GOP have returned to again are just that - Spurious. You pivot to " But, but The Washington Post are biased"

Fact - Thiessen wrote an article 4 years ago, giving his reasons and theories why questioning the Democrat candidates health was valid. He's now written almost exactly the same article about the current Democrat candidate

It was arrant nonsense 4 years ago and it's arrant nonsense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

He called himself morbidly obese??!!

Wow...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

#fact

He's 77 pounds away from being morbidly obese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

#fact

235? you must he having a laugh. trump is an inch and a half taller than me and has a much bigger stomach. Not to mention that massive ass. He is 300lb all day long

235 :pac: :pac:

Is that what he claims he is?

Bless

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Mod: no video dumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Ok some googling tells me he is 6ft3 and 243lbs. Eek he is a right old fattie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

She's considered a nutcase and job killer by many here. A new poll conducted by SSRS for CNN shows that in the battleground states (which includes Pennsylvania) Trump is favored by 52% to Biden at 45%. As I said, his pick of AOC will hurt him here in PA. Biden is still up in the nationwide poll but you don't win on total vote, you win getting the battleground states.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/13/politics/cnn-poll-2020/index.html

So you trust CNN when they put Trump ahead, brilliant. I go to 538 for all my polling needs, by far the best source.

The fact that many people consider AOC, doesn't make it true. The fox news hut jobs are doing their job though.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

This cries of desperation on your part. Biden's mental fitness is very much in question. Do a google search of 'Joe Biden mental fitness.' You'll come up with about 10 million hits. Even the Washington Post, no friend of Trump, is publishing articles saying it is fair to speculate if Biden is mentally fit to be president. Or do you put the Washington Post in the same vein as the National Enquirer?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/03/12/its-fair-speculate-whether-biden-is-mentally-fit-be-president/

Search for 'Donald Trump mental fitness' and you get pretty much the same results. What's your point?

#fact

Claims to be 235, probably closer to 265

Brian? wrote: »
    So you trust CNN when they put Trump ahead, brilliant. I go to 538 for all my polling needs, by far the best source.

The fact that many people consider AOC, doesn't make it true. The fox news hut jobs are doing their job though.

Amazing how CNN is a valid source for him when it suits :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

she did not ....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Danzy wrote: »
    Ahh come on lad.

Biden is a Godsend for Trump.

He may or may not have early dementia but he certainly has severe age re li ated cognitive decline.

Enough that it is a problem for him and leaves him very vulnerable come the debates.

Show me an unedited full speech that clearly shows cognitive decline. I know you can't. This has been asked a million times on this thread and nobody can provide anything. Its a fantasy. Nothing new about trumpists engaging in fantasies I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Clearly Trump shouldn't be taking the drug whatever his weight is.

The question is if something averse happens to him, does the doctor that prescribed it face criminal charges?

Because at best it is medical malpractice.

Boggles wrote: »
    Clearly Trump shouldn't be taking the drug whatever his weight is.

The question is if something averse happens to him, does the doctor that prescribed it face criminal charges?

Because at best it is medical malpractice.

even if it has no detrimental effects it is malpractice a drug with serious side effects where the use of that drug is not indicated. whatever about the use of the drug in people who have covid19 there is no indication that it has a prophylactic effect for covid19.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

MadYaker wrote: »
    Show me an unedited full speech that clearly shows cognitive decline. I know you can't. This has been asked a million times on this thread and nobody can provide anything. Its a fantasy. Nothing new about trumpists engaging in fantasies I suppose.

That same poster you are quoting was trying to claim Obama introduced the family separation policy. Then when shown it was Trump wh odid so, directly, by executive order, they claimed Trump had no choice despite the fact that the number of illegals in the US has been going down since 2007. Despite repeated requests they refused to expand on why they tried to claim it was Obama who introduced this.

They also claimed that anyone not supporting Trump wants to see millions of Americans die of coronavirus.

Just a heads up regarding the level of 'honesty' you are dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

even if it has no detrimental effects it is malpractice a drug with serious side effects where the use of that drug is not indicated. whatever about the use of the drug in people who have covid19 there is no indication that it has a prophylactic effect for covid19.
    Here in Ireland, if pharmacists get prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine for the likes of coronavirus they have to report it directly to the HSE (if I recall). I know of one doctor who was not fully qualified for very long who won't be writing any prescription for a long, long time after doing so for his dad.

That is the level that stuff is at. Meanwhile in the US, their president is literally a salesperson for the stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Here in Ireland, if pharmacists get prescriptions for hydroxychloroquine for the likes of coronavirus they have to report it directly to the HSE (if I recall). I know of one doctor who was not fully qualified for very long who won't be writing any prescription for a long, long time after doing so for his dad.

That is the level that stuff is at. Meanwhile in the US, their president is literally a salesperson for the stuff.

That's kind of how the medical system seems to be over there.

Every other advert on TV is for drugs for fairly obscure medical conditions where they list off a whole bunch of random symptoms that most people could answer yes to

Ever feel tired? , Ever feel a bit stiff and sore? - If yes then you might have "Random Impressive Latin name" Disease - Ask your Doctor about Oxy-Methyl-Horsedung. followed by a voice running at 10x speed warning you that side effects include ****ting your own organs.

You ask your doctor about said drug and he sees that the Pharma company will slip him a few quid for every prescription he writes for this muck and away we go.

It's a complete racket over there..

I have no doubt that the sales reps from various producers of Hydroxychloroquine have been on the phone pushing it like crazy to their pet GP's - I mean the President thinks it's worth a shot after all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

I linked to a video yesterday, and it had a response or two, was there some conversation deleted here?

Is it now a thing if messages are deleted without any notice?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

2u2me wrote: »
    I linked to a video yesterday, and it had a response or two, was there some conversation deleted here?

Is it now a thing if messages are deleted without any notice?

Yes, if it goes against the will of our Lizard Overlords, we delete it, preciousssssss.

*licks eyballs menacingly*

Igotadose wrote: »
    Yes, if it goes against the will of our Lizard Overlords, we delete it, preciousssssss.

*licks eyballs menacingly*

we need to turn up the power on the memory erasing device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I mean you aren't even trying a new playbook

This time in 2016 you had the GOP media and open sewers like the National Enquirer telling us that Hillary wasn't healthy enough to be President , that she only had months to live , that she wasn't physically up to the job etc. etc. etc.

This went on ad-infinitum.

Oddly enough , Hilary seems perfectly healthy to me , 4 years later. She was a crap candidate , but her health was never actually in question.

Now , we have exactly the same bull**** story from exactly the same places - "Joe Biden isn't well" , "He's just not up to it" blah blah bloody blah.

There are plenty of things that Biden could be challenged on Politically just as there were for Hilary , but this kind of utterly baseless attack on the opposition candidates health is just infantile..

And absolutely no-one buys it , just like no-one outside the Trump fever dream bought the Hilary is near death stories 4 years ago.

Utterly Pathetic.

The reason those attacks worked on Hillary is because she handled them terribly and because this video appeared at the right time

Current Affairs is better than the Politics forum bubble here but I know people will try to downplay the impact this had but imagine if a video of Trump had appeared that showed him collapsing, a lot of posters would have been all over it showing how it makes him a liar about his health claims.

In terms of the Biden attacks, can someone go back and watch him in say 2016 or before and see how sharp he is, this video here is a good example.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Li4PG7nmlyM&feature=youtu.be
    Or go back and look at him debating Paul Ryan in 2012.
    Can somebody watch these and in good faith say that the Biden we have seen recently is at the same standard, it's crazy that thinking a 77 year old has declined is considered pure partisanship when if it was said about a less heated topic people wouldn't have an issue with that view at all.

For the record I also think Trump's mental state has also declined, Trump's a different beast to normal politicians but to judge him on the things he was successful at he is also showing a serious decline. His insults and belittling of his opponents isn't hitting the mark the same way, he was very successful at this in the Republican primaries but the last two years he has has been missing the mark, same thing for the rallies and speeches, transcribed Trump's speeches always sounded terrible but if you watched them you could see him bouncing of and responding to the audience's reaction, they weren't coherint but they were effective, that's missing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,596 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Every other advert on TV is for drugs for fairly obscure medical conditions where they list off a whole bunch of random symptoms that most people could answer yes to

Ever feel tired? , Ever feel a bit stiff and sore? - If yes then you might have "Random Impressive Latin name" Disease - Ask your Doctor about Oxy-Methyl-Horsedung. followed by a voice running at 10x speed warning you that side effects include ****ting your own organs.

You ask your doctor about said drug and he sees that the Pharma company will slip him a few quid for every prescription he writes for this muck and away we go.

I have no doubt that the sales reps from various producers of Hydroxychloroquine have been on the phone pushing it like crazy to their pet GP's - I mean the President thinks it's worth a shot after all?

But its the greatest country in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The reason those attacks worked on Hillary is because she handled them terribly and because this video appeared at the right time

Current Affairs is better than the Politics forum bubble here but I know people will try to downplay the impact this had but imagine if a video of Trump had appeared that showed him collapsing, a lot of posters would have been all over it showing how it makes him a liar about his health claims.

In terms of the Biden attacks, can someone go back and watch him in say 2016 or before and see how sharp he is,
    this video here is a good example.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Li4PG7nmlyM&feature=youtu.be
    Or go back and look at him debating Paul Ryan in 2012.
    Can somebody watch these and in good faith say that the Biden we have seen recently is at the same standard, it's crazy that thinking a 77 year old has declined is considered pure partisanship when if it was said about a less heated topic people wouldn't have an issue with that view at all.

For the record I also think Trump's mental state has also declined, Trump's a different beast to normal politicians but to judge him on the things he was successful at he is also showing a serious decline. His insults and belittling of his opponents isn't hitting the mark the same way, he was very successful at this in the Republican primaries but the last two years he has has been missing the mark, same thing for the rallies and speeches, transcribed Trump's speeches always sounded terrible but if you watched them you could see him bouncing of and responding to the audience's reaction, they weren't coherint but they were effective, that's missing now.

You can do exactly the same with Trump if you want , I've posted links to them in this thread. Trump today is clearly less coherent , less polished , less measured than he was before

The fundamental point is that the GOP aren't challenging on any kind positive message - The whole campaign is "Biden is Not Well/Corrupt/beholden to the radical left/Going to take your guns"

Everything they do is about stirring up fear of change , fear of "the other".

Their message is not "Vote for us , we'll make it better" it's "Vote for us, because the other side is worse".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You can do exactly the same with Trump if you want , I've posted links to them in this thread. Trump today is clearly less coherent , less polished , less measured than he was before

The fundamental point is that the GOP aren't challenging on any kind positive message - The whole campaign is "Biden is Not Well/Corrupt/beholden to the radical left/Going to take your guns"

Everything they do is about stirring up fear of change , fear of "the other".

Their message is not "Vote for us , we'll make it better" it's "Vote for us, because the other side is worse".
    Of course our message is 'vote for us." But it's also 'open your eyes, wake up and smell the coffee, and stop drinking the Biden flavored Koolaid' to those hypnotized by the lying and biased media handmaidens of the democrat party.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Of course our message is 'vote for us." But it's also 'open your eyes, wake up and smell the coffee, and stop drinking the Biden flavored Koolaid' to those hypnotized by the lying and biased media handmaidens of the democrat party.

The point is that the message is always the negative slant - "Vote for us, because the other side are terrible" rather than "Vote for us , we'll make it better"

You could of course argue that those are both the same message - "Vote for us" , but it's the continuous monotonous negativity that grates with me.

I have the same view with the (actual) Socialist parties here in Ireland , they only ever complain about everyone else , they never tell people why they'd be a better choice.

Promote the positives of voting for your candidates , not exclusively the negatives of voting for the other side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement