Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Just Trump once again riding the coattails of what he inherited. On most metrics the last 3 years have shown a slow down when compared to Obama's last 3 as president. Trump is a good self-promoter though and some will believe it.

Guys that own businesses are likely enjoying the Trump tax cuts for the wealthy. I'm sure they're speaking glowingly of him.

Look, I've been so misinformed I don't believe I can offer anymore than what I have, the guys that I know are small business owners who would typically voted Democrat, these are not rich individuals who didn't at the time have any time for Trump (like most of us) are telling me something completely different, apparently Trump has made it much easier for small business to expand or open up which is the backbone of this economic surge...it would make a little sense because the Corporate America, which has been flooding the lobbying industry are gaming the system to allow them dominant positions in each and all of their fields.

I am far more critical of the Obama Administration than I was, he did very little for those ordinary Americans, the people who elected him....he is absolutely responsible for the College Debt Crisis which is affecting both young women and young African Americans....$1.7 Trillion at last count, the man should be shunned by young people.

The Opiod crisis is a creation of both Democratic and Republican parties, have a look at a few of the online documentaries about it, it has destroyed a huge amount of middle american cities.

We were told that the sky would fall in if Trump got elected, if the economy is anything to go by, the fact that he hasn't gone to war with anyone, one could argue he is bringing much needed stability to a country that was going way off track.

I don't believe for a second that Trump is some genius, I think the solutions were just that easy it took a political outsider to affect change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

They take issue with the content of what he says, not his slurring, ticks, rambles, inability to retain information...

On a daily basis they could discuss at length how he seems unable to form a thoughtful response, instead they focus on one soundbite from an incoherent word vomit he provides.

The headlines on a daily basis are 'Trump says X horrible new thing', not 'Trump shows further signs of mental decline'.

They didn't do the latter for 6 years, you can't expect them to start doing it for Biden.

Give me a break! They take issue with everything Trump says and does... speech, gesture, tweet, the look in his eyes and the ground he walks on. And if they have a slow news day they just go ahead and make $hit up about him.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

They take issue with the content of what he says, not his slurring, ticks, rambles, inability to retain information...

On a daily basis they could discuss at length how he seems unable to form a thoughtful response, instead they focus on one soundbite from an incoherent word vomit he provides.

The headlines on a daily basis are 'Trump says X horrible new thing', rarely 'Trump shows further signs of mental decline'.

They didn't do the latter for 6 years, you can't expect them to start doing it for Biden.

Did they treat the Obama Administration the same way, or any administration for that matter...the Bush years were corrupt he got off very lightly in comparison... if not why not.

Did they treat the Obama Administration the same way, or any administration for that matter...the Bush years were corrupt he got off very lightly in comparison... if not why not.

The Obama Administration was pretty efficiently run, Obama definitely never behaved like Trump does during a speech. But they did for some bizarre reason go after him wearing a tan suit. Bush got lots of flack over both stupid statements he made and his politics.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

notobtuse wrote: »
    Give me a break! They take issue with everything Trump says and does... speech, gesture, tweet, the look in his eyes and the ground he walks on. And if they have a slow news day they just go ahead and make $hit up about him.

They don't on a daily basis focus on his mental health.

Look at the below for a sample of Trump struggling with speaking. That doesn't even get close to his inability to express himself outside of rambles, when you compare him to his younger days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Covid-19 is affecting the entire world’s economies.

The biggest threat to the fairness of the election is not from Russia but from the leftists that run Google, Facebook and Twitter. They already are steering traffic to liberal and democrat friendly sites .

I've some shares in an aluminium millinery factory should you be interested in buying some

Look, I've been so misinformed I don't believe I can offer anymore than what I have, the guys that I know are small business owners who would typically voted Democrat, these are not rich individuals who didn't at the time have any time for Trump (like most of us) are telling me something completely different, apparently Trump has made it much easier for small business to expand or open up which is the backbone of this economic surge...it would make a little sense because the Corporate America, which has been flooding the lobbying industry are gaming the system to allow them dominant positions in each and all of their fields.

I am far more critical of the Obama Administration than I was, he did very little for those ordinary Americans, the people who elected him....he is absolutely responsible for the College Debt Crisis which is affecting both young women and young African Americans....$1.7 Trillion at last count, the man should be shunned by young people.

The Opiod crisis is a creation of both Democratic and Republican parties, have a look at a few of the online documentaries about it, it has destroyed a huge amount of middle american cities.

We were told that the sky would fall in if Trump got elected, if the economy is anything to go by, the fact that he hasn't gone to war with anyone, one could argue he is bringing much needed stability to a country that was going way off track.

I don't believe for a second that Trump is some genius, I think the solutions were just that easy it took a political outsider to affect change.

But the numbers show there is no economic surge, if anything it is an economic slowdown. Trump has cut down on regulations which is good for business owners but terrible for employees and consumers.

The Obama Administration was pretty efficiently run, Obama definitely never behaved like Trump does during a speech. But they did for some bizarre reason go after him wearing a tan suit. Bush got lots of flack over both stupid statements he made and his politics.

I get the difference in Trump, I actually do...if I were to give him any credit it's that he has copped on that Americans no longer trust media, who now all sell emotive content to their readers all day every day....he is giving them the content they need to keep that hysteria in motion in the knowledge that it ultimately will not effect him....the amount of negative media coverage he received in 2016 was off the charts....and he still got elected and it is not because people are dumb or what was on DMC servers...

It is hysteria that drives news content in this age and we are only in the beginning of this new strategy media operators have engaged in, what remains to be seen is how that strategy will affect their long term viability...because already it is evident it is killing their credibility.

The Obama Administration was so well run that Fox News had to resort to segments of anti-Obama segments that he wore a tan suit and another that he put dijon mustard on his food.

No administration has been the absolute mess the Trump one has been. What would have been a huge scandal in other administrations is buried among the litany of other scandals. See the judge basically calling the current AG a liar.

But the numbers show there is no economic surge, if anything it is an economic slowdown. Trump has cut down on regulations which is good for business owners but terrible for employees and consumers.

Well then if you are right Americans will decide for themselves....the economy is surging because ordinary people have more money in their pockets which is normally what makes an economy grow or surge....the employment rate is extremely low...

I can only tell you what I hear from guys operating on the ground they tell me a different story.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    Stern basically just goes around interviewing racist nutters and lets them rant and rave unchallenged. It's a terrible documentary, I haven't seen the other one.

If they are being called racist homophones the chances are that is because they are, but they aren't the reason Trump won the general election, they are the main reason he won the nomination though, and by God did he pander to them.

Republicans will vote Republican and Democrats will vote Democrats even if they put up a shít on a stick for the GE.

The reasons Trump won are far more complex, it's probably easier to look at the reasons why Clinton didn't win and her failings.

The reality is the next President will either be Trump, Sanders or Biden. Candidates all over 70.

America is going backwards, both parties badly need an injection of actual talent based on ability and not likeability if the country is to move forward and fix it's glaring societal problems.

TBF to Sanders he is actual a good person, and he believes what he wants to do, but his plans will go nowhere.

In the trailer, there was a Cuban man, who didn't want any more illegal immigration, he was no more a racist than you are.

It is easier to fool a person than it is to convince them they have been fooled.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

In the trailer, there was a Cuban man, who didn't want any more illegal immigration, he was no more a racist than you are.

It is easier to fool a person than it is to convince them they have been fooled.

Cubans are some of the most racist people on the planet.

Cubans are some of the most racist people on the planet.

Jesus Christ....

So America should allow more of them in illegally?

That man expressed reasoning that was believable, it took him years to get citizenship he had to learn English and American History and it was a proud day when became an American, we all know people like that who moved to the Sates.

Jesus Christ....

So America should allow more of them in illegally?

Where did I even hint or suggest that? :confused:

You have an awful habit of reading something and applying whatever is in your head, it's bizarre.

The majority of illegals come in legally and not through the Mexican border like the Orange man would like people to believe.

You know how I know that? because I watch the fúcking news. :)

Where did I even hint or suggest that? :confused:

You have an awful habit of reading something and applying whatever is in your head, it's bizarre.

The majority of illegals come in legally and not through the Mexican border like the Orange man would like people to believe.

You know how I know that? because I watch the fúcking news. :)

Ya....I can tell.

You are tripping over yourself mate, read the posts again.

All of the illegals enter illegally....either by deception or by illegal crossing a border and enough illegals cross that border to make it a problem Obama deported a s##tload of them....both are illegal.

Cuban are racists!!!! Did you see that in the news?

Well then if you are right Americans will decide for themselves....the economy is surging because ordinary people have more money in their pockets which is normally what makes an economy grow or surge....the employment rate is extremely low...

I can only tell you what I hear from guys operating on the ground they tell me a different story.

I live in the states and I don't see any noticeable 'surge' of anything like there was during the Obama years coming out of the economic crisis.

There has been steady growth but I don't see it being felt at the middle or bottom much more than the later Obama years, definitely nothing like 'a surge'. All the issues you've highlighted, like the Opiod crisis and college debt, are as bad as ever and healthcare has gotten even worse.

Admittedly the economy was doing well enough that I felt moderates/middle class wouldn't risk a vote for Bernie. Now with COVID-19 it is hard to know where it'll be by November

I live in the states and I don't see any noticeable 'surge' of anything like there was during the Obama years coming out of the economic crisis.

There has been steady growth but I don't see it being felt at the middle or bottom much more than the later Obama years, definitely nothing like 'a surge'. All the issues you've highlighted, like the Opiod crisis and college debt, are as bad as ever and healthcare has gotten even worse.

Admittedly the economy was doing well enough that I felt moderates/middle class wouldn't risk a vote for Bernie. Now with COVID-19 it is hard to know where it'll be by November

Fair enough...if you live there you will have a better indication than anyone here.

Ya....I can tell.

You are tripping over yourself mate, read the posts again.

All of the illegals enter illegally....either by deception or by illegal crossing a border and enough illegals cross that border to make it a problem Obama deported a s##tload of them....both are illegal.

No they don't.

The majority enter the country legally and are overstays.

How does a "big beautiful wall" stop that?
    Cuban are racists!!!! Did you see that in the news?

Yes.

Cuba acknowledges 'vestiges' of racism, launches program to fight it

See your problem is, and it's a pretty obvious problem with your average Trump fan is, on one hand they call all media toxic and on the other they champion a pathological liar.

It's beyond bizarre.

No they don't.

The majority enter the country legally and are overstays.

How does a "big beautiful wall" stop that?

Yes.

Cuba acknowledges 'vestiges' of racism, launches program to fight it

See your problem is, and it's a pretty obvious problem with your average Trump fan is, on one hand they call all media toxic and on the other they champion a pathological liar.

It's beyond bizarre.

Ha ha haaaa... So do you not think then that the Americans should build a wall to stop those very racists entering their country illegally and if so is that racist?

How can I be a Trump fan, I don't get to vote in American Elections, I have no skin in that game....I just no longer buy into the hysteria surrounding Trump....that is a BIG difference....

You are buying to hysteria....I am not....what is bizarre is this obsession with Trump you and many like you can't let go...I'm sure you can rattle off a large number of the recorded lies he has told in office, or two dozen other incidents, the outlets feeding you this depend on you maintaining this obsession!!!!!

Ha ha haaaa... So do you not think then that the Americans should build a wall to stop those very racists entering their country illegally and if so is that racist?

How can I be a Trump fan, I don't get to vote in American Elections, I have no skin in that game....I just no longer buy into the hysteria surrounding Trump....that is a BIG difference....

You are buying to hysteria....I am not....what is bizarre is this obsession with Trump you and many like you can't let go...I'm sure you can rattle off a large number of the recorded lies he has told in office, or two dozen other incidents, the outlets feeding you this depend on you maintaining this obsession!!!!!

The POTUS being a compulsive liar is not news worthy? :confused:

• Advertisement

The POTUS being a compulsive liar is not news worthy? :confused:

I can't speak on behalf of Americans....you do understand that right...I'm a nobody living in Ireland...my opinion on who holds office in the US is irrelevant.

I am aware of how toxic media can behave, I have seen that right up close in my own life, they are well capable of misrepresenting anything and everything.

Is Trump a compulsive liar? Truth is, I don't know or care.

If it important to Americans they can express that in the ballot box....if it is not important to Americans then what does that say about the state of the opposition....

Now, do you think Americans should stop racist Cubans from entering the country from the Mexican border? If so, how?

Is Trump a compulsive liar? Truth is, I don't know or care.

No the truth is he is. This is verifiable and fact checked. So again championing a pathological liar whilst calling all media toxic is bizarre. You do understand that right?

Telling the lies about crowd sizes is one thing, but when he starts bullshítting about a potential epidemic that's quite another, so in fact it does matter.

Whether you care or not doesn't matter.

And just because you are Irish doesn't mean your opinion doesn't have value, there is only 2 Americans actively participating on this thread AFAIK.

No the truth is he is. This is verifiable and fact checked. So again championing a pathological liar whilst calling all media toxic is bizarre. You do understand that right?

Telling the lies about crowd sizes is one thing, but when he starts bullshítting about a potential epidemic that's quite another, so in fact it does matter.

Whether you care or not doesn't matter.

And just because you are Irish doesn't mean your opinion doesn't have value, there is only 2 Americans actively participating on this thread AFAIK.

Ya...politics is wall to wall with what could be described, through the lens of media as pathalogical liars, can you name any others?

I read a book recently about Bill Clinton recently, a prolific sex offender while in office and managed to serve 8 years in office....I had no idea how brutal a sex offender he actually was and for how long it was going on...was he a pathalogical liar?

I am not informed enough to discern what is a lie and what isn't....and I don't trust media to inform me as life experience has taught me how abusive and toxic media can be, I can't be any clearer than that.

I trust ordinary Americans to decide for themselves who to elect for what office...and I have vowed to do better than call them racists or idiots or homophobes or deplorable...who are any of us to judge them.

I read a book recently about Bill Clinton recently, a prolific sex offender while in office and managed to serve 8 years in office....I had no idea how brutal a sex offender he actually was and for how long it was going on...was he a pathalogical liar?

Who did Bill Clinton sexually assault when he was President?

:confused:

Seems Orange Man Bad has picked up a surprising supporter.

At a recent rally Joe Biden, on camera, said the following…

"If you want a nominee who will bring this party together, who will run a progressive, positive campaign, and turn, turn this primary from a campaign that's about negative attacks into one that's about what we're for -- because we cannot get -- re-elect -- we cannot win this re-election -- excuse me. We can only re-elect Donald Trump..."

Of course Trump, who never misses an opportunity, took a dig at his political rival and tweeted...

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

I agree with Joe!

And with that the democrat’s media handmaidens heads collectively exploded. Complaining how the Donald took poor old Joe’s words out of context. And went into overdrive to analyze Biden’s entire speech and explain, ad nauseum, what he meant.

Did Trump take use Biden's words out of context... of course. But it was done to make a display of the greater issue... that it’s just another example indicative of Biden’s competency defects.

And let’s not kid ourselves... If Trump said something like this democrats would have capitalized on it in a heartbeat, already made numerous political ads, and used it for seeking campaign donations.

It will made for a great Trump 2020 ad campaign, dontcha think?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Seems Orange Man Bad has picked up a surprising supporter.

At a recent rally Joe Biden, on camera, said the following…

"If you want a nominee who will bring this party together, who will run a progressive, positive campaign, and turn, turn this primary from a campaign that's about negative attacks into one that's about what we're for -- because we cannot get -- re-elect -- we cannot win this re-election -- excuse me. We can only re-elect Donald Trump..."

Of course Trump, who never misses an opportunity, took a dig at his political rival and tweeted...

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

I agree with Joe!

And with that the democrat’s media handmaidens heads collectively exploded. Complaining how the Donald took poor old Joe’s words out of context. And went into overdrive to analyze Biden’s entire speech and explain, ad nauseum, what he meant.

Did Trump take use Biden's words out of context... of course. But it was done to make a display of the greater issue... that it’s just another example indicative of Biden’s competency defects.

And let’s not kid ourselves... If Trump said something like this democrats would have capitalized on it in a heartbeat, already made numerous political ads, and used it for seeking campaign donations.

It will made for a great Trump 2020 ad campaign, dontcha think?

Except that the video used (that Trump retweeted) was doctored
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51799366

duploelabs wrote: »
    Except that the video used (that Trump retweeted) was doctored
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51799366
    I guess the use of forensic scientists to dispel humor is always a good use of a biased media's time and political campaign dollars. Perhaps they could also use some of that time and money to find Joe a good geriatrician.

I guess the use of forensic scientists to dispel humor is always a good use of a biased media's time and political campaign dollars. Perhaps they could also use some of that time and money to find Joe a good geriatrician.

Do you even read these post back to yourself to see if you make sense before you post them?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Do you even read these post back to yourself to see if you make sense before you post them?
    Oh, cry me a river.

The video was flagged by Twitter because they claimed it was "manipulated media" which violates their new policy to warn users of doctored videos. But it wasn’t ‘manipulated media.” Biden did actually say those words! The only thing missing was the latter part of the sentence. Does anyone with half a brain not know Biden doesn’t want Trump reelected? It was humor from Trump! Your remember humor, don't you? Sadly, it it is a rare commodity from snowflakes in the age of Trump.

But oddly on Sunday the Biden actually did tweet a manipulated video of Trump to make it appear as though he said multiple things that he didn't actually say. But Twitter ignored it. There is no question Twitter is biased against Trump and in support Biden. You'd have to be brain-dead not to see it.

• Advertisement

Oh, cry me a river.

The video was flagged by Twitter because they claimed it was "manipulated media" which violates their new policy to warn users of doctored videos. But it wasn’t ‘manipulated media.” Biden did actually say those words! The only thing missing was the latter part of the sentence. Does anyone with half a brain not know Biden doesn’t want Trump reelected? It was humor from Trump! Your remember humor, don't you? Sadly, it it is a rare commodity from snowflakes in the age of Trump.

But oddly on Sunday the Biden actually did tweet a manipulated video of Trump to make it appear as though he said multiple things that he didn't actually say. But Twitter ignored it. There is no question Twitter is biased against Trump and in support Biden. You'd have to be brain-dead not to see it.

What actual point are you trying to make? Can you link to said Biden tweet?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement