Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

notobtuse wrote: »
    Right here, right now???? So it's really nothing more than just something to talk about this week? The election is months away. That's a millennium in US politics.

So again

Bad Poll for Trump - "It's meaningless , Election is months away"

Good Poll for Trump - "Hey , Check out those Swing State numbers!"

Either they're all pointless or they are what they are , an indicator of current opinion which is what the campaign teams use to determine where/how to react. Going in to the Memorial day week-end I know which campaign will be enjoying their BBQ more .

Covid isn't going to be gone come November, so his response is going to be as much of an issue come November.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Covid isn't going to be gone come November, so his response is going to be as much of an issue come November.

Yes but who knows what the world will look like.

A marked improvement in both death rates and economy will favour Trump. That still may happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    So again

Bad Poll for Trump - "It's meaningless , Election is months away"

Good Poll for Trump - "Hey , Check out those Swing State numbers!"

Either they're all pointless or they are what they are , an indicator of current opinion which is what the campaign teams use to determine where/how to react. Going in to the Memorial day week-end I know which campaign will be enjoying their BBQ more .
    Nope. The polls give each of us 'hand' for that respective week. Nothing more and nothing less.

Do you think Joe will be able to remember where the BBQ is?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Nope. The polls give each of us 'hand' for that respective week. Nothing more and nothing less.

Do you think Joe will be able to remember where the BBQ is?

That's twice today you've ignored the actual questions posed and tried to deflect by using the utterly pathetic infantile "Joe has dementia" tripe.

Like Trump, you have no actual substantive answers to questions posed so you revert to school-yard taunts.

You're well met.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tara Raede's lawyer washes his hands of the situation

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/lawyer-doug-wigdor-drops-biden-accuser-tara-reade-as-a-client/

This is the lawyer who represented O'Reilly and Weinstein accusers. Him dropping Raede tells us a heck of a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

That's twice today you've ignored the actual questions posed and tried to deflect by using the utterly pathetic infantile "Joe has dementia" tripe.

Like Trump, you have no actual substantive answers to questions posed so you revert to school-yard taunts.

You're well met.

Could be put in the column of a 5 letter word a long time ago.

Overheal wrote: »
    Tara Raede's lawyer washes his hands of the situation

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/lawyer-doug-wigdor-drops-biden-accuser-tara-reade-as-a-client/

This is the lawyer who represented O'Reilly and Weinstein accusers. Him dropping Raede tells us a heck of a lot.

And there are now suggestions that she misrepresented herself as an "expert witness" in domestic violence court cases that might lead to convictions being overturned
    Under the name Alexandra McCabe, Tara Reade has for years testified for the prosecution as an expert in domestic violence cases.

But a number of California defense attorneys are considering challenging the convictions of their clients amid questions about whether Reade misrepresented her credentials under oath.

Reade, the former Joe Biden staffer who recently accused him of sexually assaulting her in 1993, stated she had an undergraduate degree that her college says she never earned and appears to have exaggerated her role in Biden’s office, according to trial transcripts in two court cases reviewed by POLITICO.

Wonder is that the reason for the lawyer dropping her?

You're well met.
    Oh get off it. You know damn well my responses are common and effective tactics in the social media political battleground. They're simply my opinions and the way I sometimes go about getting them across for dramatic effect. This is under the ‘Social and Fun’ category, you know, it’s not ‘Politics.’ If you demand one to raise the bar of political discourse then how about reinstating me in ‘Politics?’

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

That seem's to be L&C's perception. I'd say in a court it torpedoes any probable court battle. Once we start hearing about cases vacated, I think it will vanish as quickly as the "Migrant Caravan Invasion" narrative did the day of the Midterms. If it turns out they have to vacate the conviction of someone put away for life because she lied about her credentials, that won't just end it but will shoot Biden up in the polls.

• Advertisement

Oh get off it. You know damn well my responses are common and effective tactics in the social media political battleground. They're simply my opinions and the way I sometimes go about getting them across for dramatic effect. This is under the ‘Social and Fun’ category, you know, it’s not ‘Politics.’ If you demand one to raise the bar of political discourse then how about reinstating me in ‘Politics?’

There's a word for this.
    If you demand one to raise the bar of political discourse then how about reinstating me in ‘Politics?’

Ah here we could raise the bar right now if you stopped putting so many people matching your points on here onto your ignore list. Reinstate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

i didnt know you were banned from there. that makes total sense.

i didnt know you were banned from there. that makes total sense.
    Yes, I didn't know what Reddit was. It's a tough crowd over there.

Yes, I didn't know what Reddit was. It's a tough crowd over there.

And you're still at it:
    Oh get off it. You know damn well my responses are common and effective tactics in the social media political battleground.

For those that are trying to defend an indefensible position..

For those that are trying to defend an indefensible position..
    Not at all. Sometimes sarcasm and humor is the best answer for the constant misleading tactics utilized by your side. Here’s an example from an actor, political activist, and verified genius, who did the same type of thing regarding Kamala Harris obvious posturing in her march to become Biden’s VP pick. Although James Woods does it a thousand times better than me, it’s all part of the US political game.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/WuhanCoronaVirus?src=hashtag_click

Not at all. Sometimes sarcasm and humor is the best answer for the constant misleading tactics utilized by your side. Here’s an example from an actor, political activist, and verified genius, who did the same type of thing regarding Kamala Harris obvious posturing in her march to become Biden’s VP pick. Although James Woods does it a thousand times better than me, it’s all part of the US political game.

is he not still banned from twitter for being an absolute dick?

This election ballot stuffing is also a big deal.

https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/philadelphia-election-judge-admits-to-stuffing-ballot-boxes-for-democrats-in-three-separate-elections/?utm_source=mostpopular

These weren't general or midterm election ballots but primary ballots. Where I'm concerned either party could cut the head of a chicken if thats how they wanted to pick who they put on their party's ballot, but lo and behold both parties have roped taxpayers into funding their internal party deathmatches by making themselves the commissioners of our national elections. So, then, it's a legal problem, and should be prosecuted. I'd be favoring much more severe criminal punishments if it was a actual election ballot stuffing and not primary ballot stuffing. The larger question is who paid him, and it will be fascinating to see if it leads to campaign finance reform, finally.

Woods received an email from Twitter stating that the tweet had "the potential to be misleading in a way that could impact an election." Woods refused to delete the tweet himself.[111] He was allowed to return in October 2018.[112]

Typical of your side... I rest my case. He was temporarily banned by the Twitter PC police for paraphrasing a famous quote by poet Ralph Waldo Emerson.

• Advertisement

Typical of your side... I rest my case. He was temporarily banned by the Twitter PC police for paraphrasing a famous quote by poet Ralph Waldo Emerson.

The meme that Woods posted in July said #LetWomenDecide and #NoMenMidterm. It claimed to be from a Democratic group, but it was determined to be a hoax campaign to encourage liberal men not to vote in November, according to the website knowyourmeme.com.

The meme that Woods posted in July said #LetWomenDecide and #NoMenMidterm. It claimed to be from a Democratic group, but it was determined to be a hoax campaign to encourage liberal men not to vote in November, according to the website knowyourmeme.com.

hmmm, that doesnt sound like paraphrasing a ralph waldo emerson quote.

Nothing about Ralph anybody in fact.

https://twitter.com/RealJamesWoods/status/1048389779375755264?s=20

Perhaps, in an effort not to look so foolish, do a little investigating first...

https://www.ntd.com/james-woods-responds-to-twitter-ban-in-new-statement-report_328376.html

But Notobtuse already rested his case, so, I guess we have to let the reader decide if Notobtuse told the truth or not.

Perhaps, in an effort not to look so foolish, do a little investigating first...

https://www.ntd.com/james-woods-responds-to-twitter-ban-in-new-statement-report_328376.html

But you rested your case?

Woods himself thinks it is nothing to do with a RWE quote. so you are right and he is wrong?

Woods himself thinks it is nothing to do with a RWE quote. so you are right and he is wrong?
    LOL. Moving goalposts again, I see.

It's always possible I could be wrong. It has happened in the past. I think sometime in the mid 80's was the last time it occured. :p

Woods comment (whilst being incredibly sexist and an insufferable arsehole) was at least sort of contextual , yours was nothing of the sort , it was deflection pure and simple because you don't have an answer to the question

You were asked several times what actions the Trump campaign might take to address their falling poll numbers and after trying to say that polls didn't matter (except when they were good) you then decide to throw in a completely unconnected school yard taunt about Biden.

• Advertisement

Notobtuse clearly means a latter ban than the first, where he wrote, “If you try to kill the King, you best not miss #HangThemAll

This was 2019 in reaction to the Mueller Report.

D4nQpX4UwAAmpOx?format=jpg&name=large

But Notobtuse rested his case, so he probably won't mention that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement