Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Overheal wrote: »
    Notobtuse clearly means a latter ban than the first, where he wrote, “If you try to kill the King, you best not miss #HangThemAll

This was 2019 in reaction to the Mueller Report.

D4nQpX4UwAAmpOx?format=jpg&name=large

But Notobtuse rested his case, so he probably won't mention that.

and he wasnt banned for paraphrasing RWE. he was banned for the #HangThemAll.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

and he wasnt banned for paraphrasing RWE. he was banned for the #HangThemAll.
    Did you even bother to read the link I posted???
    The 74-year-old told The Daily Wire, “Twitter demanded that I rescind my tweet paraphrasing Emerson. It now seems they have chosen to delete that tweet from my account without my permission.”

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Woods comment (whilst being incredibly sexist and an insufferable arsehole) was at least sort of contextual , yours was nothing of the sort , it was deflection pure and simple because you don't have an answer to the question

You were asked several times what actions the Trump campaign might take to address their falling poll numbers and after trying to say that polls didn't matter (except when they were good) you then decide to throw in a completely unconnected school yard taunt about Biden.
    I answered your 'questions' regarding changing poll numbers in that polls change week to week and in another few weeks they could change again. You just didn't like my answer.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »

did you?
    You may not engage in targeted harassment or encourage others to do so.

it wasn't literary criticism

https://twitter.com/Millerita/status/1119655394899415040/photo/1

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You clearly missed the #HangThemAll

• Advertisement

You were asked several times what actions the Trump campaign might take to address their falling poll numbers and after trying to say that polls didn't matter (except when they were good) you then decide to throw in a completely unconnected school yard taunt about Biden.

Taunt about Biden? Biden deserves everything that is thrown at him. A Joe Biden recent exchange with a black voter...

“If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re voting for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

I guess you’ll still condemn me for attempting to make him seem unfit by merely using his own words. Luckily a staffer of his had the wherewithal to attempt to cut short the interview when the exchange happened.

Some recent news you most probably won’t be hearing from our democratic media handmaidens... a Ukraine judge has ordered that Joe Biden be listed as the alleged perpetrator of the crime involved in the unlawful firing of the Ukraine prosecutor who was investigating corruption in Joe's son Hunter's company Burisma.
    The ruling orders “a competent person of the Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine who conducts procedural management in criminal proceedings No. 62020000000000236 dated February 24, 2020 to enter information into the Unified register of pre-trial investigations … a summary of facts that may indicate the commission of a criminal offense under Paragraph 2 of Article 343 of the Criminal procedure code of Ukraine on criminal proceedings No. 62020000000000236 dated February 24, 2020, namely: information on interference in the activities of the former Prosecutor General of Ukraine Shokin, Viktor Mykolaiovych performed by citizen of the United States of America Joseph Biden, former U.S. Vice President.”

The judge added, “the order of the court may not be appealed.”
    https://justthenews.com/accountability/russia-and-ukraine-scandals/ukraine-judge-orders-joe-biden-be-listed-alleged

Some recent news you most probably won’t be hearing from our democratic media handmaidens... a Ukraine judge has ordered that Joe Biden be listed as the alleged perpetrator of the crime involved in the unlawful firing of the Ukraine prosecutor who was investigating corruption in Joe's son Hunter's company Burisma.

https://justthenews.com/accountability/russia-and-ukraine-scandals/ukraine-judge-orders-joe-biden-be-listed-alleged

Shokin who there was global support to remove from office? So no, that was literally him doing his job. So a judge in a judicial system that is incredibly corrupt, naming Biden amounts to nothing. Can't wait to hear what your breaking news is tomorrow?

Shokin who there was global support to remove from office? So no, that was literally him doing his job. So a judge in a judicial system that is incredibly corrupt, naming Biden amounts to nothing. Can't wait to hear what your breaking news is tomorrow?
    No breaking news tomorrow. Have to open up the swimming pool.

And it doesn't change the fact that Biden could be labeled an international criminal by an ally just in time for the election.

But if you need something to commiserate about, how about giving us your take on what the democrats will do now that it’s discovered Iran plans on disrupting the election to get Biden elected? Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil because it isn’t Russia?

Taunt about Biden? Biden deserves everything that is thrown at him. A Joe Biden recent exchange with a black voter...

“If you have a problem figuring out whether you’re voting for me or Trump, then you ain’t black.”

I guess you’ll still condemn me for attempting to make him seem unfit by merely using his own words. Luckily a staffer of his had the wherewithal to attempt to cut short the interview when the exchange happened.

You must have missed the rest of the news. He was being interviewed by Charlamagne tha God

"Charlamagne replied, “It don’t have nothing to do with Trump. It has to do with the fact that I want something for my community.” Biden said his record in that area was “second to none.”

In a statement to Mediaite, Charlamagne said his response stood on its own.

“We have been loyal to Democrats for a long time, black people have invested a lot into that party and the return on investment has not been great,” he wrote. “As Biden said in our brief interview when I asked him if Dems owe the black community ABSOLUTELY was his answer. So let’s see what you got!!! Votes are Quid Pro Quo. You can’t possibly want me to Fear Trump MORE than I want something for my people.”

Doesn't seem like he's turned off CTG with his remark.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/exclusive-charlamagne-tha-god-reacts-to-biden-saying-you-aint-black-if-you-dont-support-him-over-trump/

• Advertisement

No breaking news tomorrow. Have to open up the swimming pool.

And it doesn't change the fact that Biden could be labeled an international criminal by an ally just in time for the election.

But if you need something to commiserate about, how about giving us your take on what the democrats will do now that it’s discovered Iran plans on disrupting the election to get Biden elected? Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil because it isn’t Russia?

He's a district judge... I'm pretty sure a Ukrainian District Judge is not going to be on anyone's radar, particular when he's labelling a corrupt official as a victim of Joe Biden.

Your other stuff, you're really gonna have to provide further information on your claims.

He's a district judge... I'm pretty sure a Ukrainian District Judge is not going to be on anyone's radar, particular when he's labelling a corrupt official as a victim of Joe Biden.

Your other stuff, you're really gonna have to provide further information on your claims.

For all we know the judge is the Joe Arpaio of Ukraine. All it shows is Trump pulled off his quid pro quo, eventually.

Sure thing...

https://www.inquisitr.com/5921237/iran-trump-election-interference/

Let me guess. When the bogus story was about was Russia trying to help Trump, the democrats were all about investigation after investigation and an impeachment. But since it's an enemy of the US trying to disrupt the election and help democrat Joe Biden, the democrats attitude will probably be... nothing to see here, please move along. And the mainstream media, as usual, will oblige their democrat overlords.

Sure thing...

Let me guess. When the bogus story was about was Russia trying to help Trump, the democrats were all about investigation after investigation and an impeachment. But since it's an enemy of the US trying to disrupt the election and help democrat Joe Biden, the democrats attitude will probably be... nothing to see here, please move along. And the mainstream media, as usual, will oblige their democrat overlords.

Gonna stop you right there, obtuse guy. They *did* help Trump. The ICIG validated this conclusion. Both parties have vetted it. Republicans recently just published yet another committee report confirming it.

Is this deliberate lying of yours part of your "common and effective tactics in the social media political battleground?"

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Sure thing...

So , the evidence that Iran is going to interfere in the Election to hurt Trump is that some random bloke thinks they will??

Not intercepted communications , not leaks from insiders in the Iranian system , Some Economist reckons it'd be a good plan for them to do it.

Right oh...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

This sums up my thoughts on his pathetic comment

https://twitter.com/RubinReport/status/1263830277777850368

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Sadly not surprising. Democrats have a long history of speaking down to the black community as if they own their vote and that attitude has being allowed to prevail for so long and is no doubt why you hear the likes of Antifa today calling black cops Uncle Tom and Coons, as they have been raised/educated to think that the black community owe them (the left) something and that if they are not doing something they approve of, then they are traitor to their race, or implied by Biden, not really black at all.

Just not sure what exactly it is the democrats think they ever did for the African American community anyway, for them to think they should be so indebted to them, that their votes should be considered a mere formality. Was it the Solid South? The KKK? George Wallace? Filibustering the civil rights act? Must be something. Course the liberals will tell you that the parties swapped over and that Lincoln was really a democrat, and so technically it twas them that freed the slaves! Yeah, nothing but a well worn out concocted lie designed by the democrats to try and distance themselves from their sinful racist roots.
    solidsouth1.png

And it's not just in America that attitude prevails either, as here on Boards recently when I posted some clips of young black speakers and leaders at an event hosted by President Trump in the White House (largely ignored by the MSM of course) some of the replies openly referred to those black conservatives as Uncle Toms, and said in a manner which was indicative of it not even occurring to them that what they were saying was racist. Sure of course not. Tis other folk that engage it that kind of thing, you see.

Thankfully more and more black voters in America are waking up to just how their community have been let down over the last five to six decades by the democrats. Larry Elder in particular has led the march on this stuff and more and more young black leaders are starting to follow suit and pay heed to his message. Course Larry was hardly the first to see the democrats in a way that runs counter to how they would like to be seen. Indeed, while it's true Malcolm X walked back some of what he said in later years, he was for sure right about the democrats/dixiecrats of his time long before others mirrored his remarks in later years and has to be said, so much of what he had to say still applies today with regards to how democrats will pretend to be a friend to black America but actually never really were.

Enter propaganda hour from Pete...

Overheal wrote: »
    Gonna stop you right there, obtuse guy. They *did* help Trump. The ICIG validated this conclusion. Both parties have vetted it. Republicans recently just published yet another committee report confirming it.

Is this deliberate lying of yours part of your "common and effective tactics in the social media political battleground?"

well they are certainly common

Course the liberals will tell you that the parties swapped over and that Lincoln was really a democrat, and so technically it twas them that freed the slaves! Yeah, nothing but a well worn out concocted lie designed by the democrats to try and distance themselves from their sinful racist roots.

Oh, this should be fun. Please disprove the Southern Strategy as a historical event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,458 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Enter propaganda hour from Pete...

There's a reason why he's been banned from the Trump thread in the politics forum

well they are certainly common
    You really should remove that liberal media bias filter on your computer and reward yourself with the wealth of information out there other than what the likes of the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN and MSNBC spoon-feeds you. You do know committees will usually come up with the wrong conclusion when necessary intel to make the correct decision is manipulated and the key intel is hidden from them.
    House Intelligence Committee staff said former CIA Director John Brennan "suppressed" intelligence indicating that Russia wanted Hillary Clinton to win the 2016 election, according to John Bolton’s former chief of staff.

The Senate Intelligence Committee released a report on Tuesday that defended the 2017 intelligence community assessment on Russian election interference and determined with "moderate" to "high" confidence that Russian President Vladimir Putin and the Kremlin sought to boost President Trump's 2016 election chances.

One day later, Fred Fleitz, a former CIA officer and National Security Council chief of staff, wrote in a Fox News opinion piece that House Intelligence Committee members "found the opposite" motivations for Russia to interfere in the presidential contest.

"More gravely, they said that CIA Director Brennan suppressed facts or analysis that showed why it was not in Russia’s interests to support Trump and why Putin stood to benefit from Hillary Clinton’s election. They also told me that Brennan suppressed that intelligence over the objections of CIA analysts," Fleitz wrote.

"House Intelligence Committee staff told me that after an exhaustive investigation reviewing intelligence and interviewing intelligence officers, they found that Brennan suppressed high-quality intelligence suggesting that Putin actually wanted the more predictable and malleable Clinton to win the 2016 election," he added. "Instead, the Brennan team included low-quality intelligence that failed to meet intelligence community standards to support the political claim that Russian officials wanted Trump to win, House Intelligence Committee staff revealed. They said that CIA analysts also objected to including that flawed, substandard information in the assessment."
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house-intelligence-committee-staff-found-john-brennan-suppressed-russia-evidence-ex-nsc-chief-of-staff-says

duploelabs wrote: »
    There's a reason why he's been banned from the Trump thread in the politics forum
    Do tell oh knowledgeable one. But be warned I've saved all the truth.

And before you make yourself look even more foolish than you already do, here's the post that did me in...

"What's Reddit?"

So , the evidence that Iran is going to interfere in the Election to hurt Trump is that some random bloke thinks they will??

Not intercepted communications , not leaks from insiders in the Iranian system , Some Economist reckons it'd be a good plan for them to do it.

Right oh...
    Do you not think the democrats would ignore it even if it came from the Pope himself?

And did you stop reading after the first paragraph? You might have missed...
    As reported by BBC News, Facebook removed two separate networks of fake accounts last month that were determined to be the work of Iran and Russia. According to the report, the systems were designed to engage in “foreign or government interference.” In particular, the Iranian operation used Facebook and Instagram accounts to post about U.S. politics, including topics related to the 2020 election.

A blog post by FireEye, a U.S. cyber-security firm, revealed that the personas in the Iranian network posed as liberals for the United States and promoted content that aligned with “Iranian political interests.” One account reportedly went under the name “Ryan Jensen” and promoted a video of a protest of the controversial U.S. assassination of Iranian general Qasem Soleimani.

Do you not think the democrats would ignore it even if it came from the Pope himself?

you haven't shown that they are providing help. and you are projecting again. Trump would certainly accept any help no matter what the source and however illegal it was. not overybody is as corrupt as career criminal drumpf.

You really should remove that liberal media bias filter on your computer and reward yourself with the wealth of information out there other than what the likes of the NY Times, Washington Post, CNN and MSNBC spoon-feeds you. You do know committees will usually come up with the wrong conclusion when necessary intel to make the correct decision is manipulated and the key intel is hidden from them.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house-intelligence-committee-staff-found-john-brennan-suppressed-russia-evidence-ex-nsc-chief-of-staff-says
    "House Intelligence Committee staff told me that after an exhaustive investigation reviewing intelligence and interviewing intelligence officers, they found that Brennan suppressed high-quality intelligence suggesting that Putin actually wanted the more predictable and malleable Clinton to win the 2016 election,"

So hearsay from a *former* CIA person. In an opinion piece.

Have you actually seen this evidence?

So there's no media bias that favors democrats, eh? Katha Pollitt of The Nation stated: “I would vote for Joe Biden if he boiled babies and ate them

So there's no media bias that favors democrats, eh? Katha Pollitt of The Nation stated: “I would vote for Joe Biden if he boiled babies and ate them

She's not a journalist.

Don't let that spoil your thunder, though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Sadly not surprising. Democrats have a long history of speaking down to the black community as if they own their vote and that attitude has being allowed to prevail for so long and is no doubt why you hear the likes of Antifa today calling black cops Uncle Tom and Coons, as they have been raised/educated to think that the black community owe them (the left) something and that if they are not doing something they approve of, then they are traitor to their race, or implied by Biden, not really black at all.

Just not sure what exactly it is the democrats think they ever did for the African American community anyway, for them to think they should be so indebted to them, that their votes should be considered a mere formality. Was it the Solid South? The KKK? George Wallace? Filibustering the civil rights act? Must be something. Course the liberals will tell you that the parties swapped over and that Lincoln was really a democrat, and so technically it twas them that freed the slaves! Yeah, nothing but a well worn out concocted lie designed by the democrats to try and distance themselves from their sinful racist roots.

And it's not just in America that attitude prevails either, as here on Boards recently when I posted some clips of young black speakers and leaders at an event hosted by President Trump in the White House (largely ignored by the MSM of course) some of the replies openly referred to those black conservatives as Uncle Toms, and said in a manner which was indicative of it not even occurring to them that what they were saying was racist. Sure of course not. Tis other folk that engage it that kind of thing, you see.

Thankfully more and more black voters in America are waking up to just how their community have been let down over the last five to six decades by the democrats. Larry Elder in particular has led the march on this stuff and more and more young black leaders are starting to follow suit and pay heed to his message. Course Larry was hardly the first to see the democrats in a way that runs counter to how they would like to be seen. Indeed, while it's true Malcolm X walked back some of what he said in later years, he was for sure right about the democrats/dixiecrats of his time long before others mirrored his remarks in later years and has to be said, so much of what he had to say still applies today with regards to how democrats will pretend to be a friend to black America but actually never really were.

The civil rights act killed the Democratic party in the south. The GOP stepped in with the Southern strategy that played directly on the latent racism in the South. This is also historical fact.

The GOP ended slavery. The Dems ended segregation. So yes, they did swap.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement