Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Brian? wrote: »
    The civil rights act killed the Democratic party in the south. The GOP stepped in with the Southern strategy that played directly on the latent racism in the South. This is also historical fact.

The GOP ended slavery. The Dems ended segregation. So yes, they did swap.
    The military was the first to end segregation in 1948. And the democrats just swapped physical slavery with economic slavery in order to maintain control.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

notobtuse wrote: »
    The military was the first to end segregation in 1948.

Clearly, we are talking about the constitutional end to segregation, passed by lawmakers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Wasn't Obama black? Wasn't he president? Wasn't he a Democrat?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

People who wave the Southern, pro slavery Confederate* flag... do they tend to vote Democrat or Republican?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do tell oh knowledgeable one. But be warned I've saved all the truth.

And before you make yourself look even more foolish than you already do, here's the post that did me in...

"What's Reddit?"
    Ummm... Nobody mentioned your name and you're not threadbanned in that thread, forget to log back into the Outlaw Pete account there Notobtuse? Care to explain what you're on about there?

• Advertisement

Can you imagine in 2024 (after Trump's second term ends) if Nikki Haley ran and won the presidency with Richard Grenell as her vice president? The first woman, and of Indian decent, as president and the first gay vice president coming from the republican party? Liberal journalists and media personalities would be throwing themselves off rooftops. I'd vote for them. :)

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

Can you imagine in 2024 (after Trump's second term ends) if Nikki Haley ran and won the presidency with Richard Grenell as her vice president? The first woman, and of Indian decent, as president and the first gay vice president coming from the republican party? Liberal journalists and media personalities would be throwing themselves off rooftops. I'd vote for them. :)

Why bother posting your daydreams?

You'd vote for them because of their race, gender and sexual orientation? Weird.

Thargor wrote: »
    Ummm... Nobody mentioned your name and you're not threadbanned in that thread, forget to log back into the Outlaw Pete account there Notobtuse? Care to explain what you're on about there?
    Oops, my bad. Looked back and it was about Pete, not me. Oh, well, mid 1980's and now 2020. Mistakes do happen.

You'd vote for them because of their race, gender and sexual orientation? Weird.
    Nope, always liked Haley. And I’ve been impressed recently with Grenell's work exposing the abuses of Obamagate.

• Advertisement

Nope, always liked Haley. And I’ve been impressed recently with Grenell's work exposing the abuses of Obamagate.

What's Obamagate? Can you explain it to me please?

She abandoned her post, as governor, to serve another post, which she then abandoned, because of her abuse of power.

All roads point to her taking a deal. It's going to hang over her if she chooses to return to a public office.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/10/09/despite-serving-trump-nikki-haley-somehow-avoided-public-humiliation-and-legal-jeopardy/

You know what?

I don't think Trump is going to get his parade.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The military was the first to end segregation in 1948. And the democrats just swapped physical slavery with economic slavery in order to maintain control.

I shouldn't, but... explain this economic slavery argument to me.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And before you make yourself look even more foolish than you already do, here's the post that did me in...

"What's Reddit?"

Has notobtuse just outed himself as having another account? Stay tuned for further updates.

Has notobtuse just outed himself as having another account? Stay tuned for further updates.

No I can see where he got mixed up. Given as how he never got over the banning, he leaps at every opportunity to gripe about it like its an 800 year war.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?p=109470543

#aslongaswereonthesubject

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,650 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

What exactly has he exposed ?

Do you mean when he released all the details of the unmasking requests that everybody on Fox got all excited about only to find out that Flynns name was never redacted anywhere by the FBI in the 1st place?

So if by "Exposing the Abuses of Obamagate" you mean "exposing Trump for creating and abusing the term 'Obamagate" for absolutely no purpose" , then yes , Top work by Grenell

• Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Quin_Dub wrote: »

So if by "Exposing the Abuses of Obamagate" you mean "exposing Trump for creating and abusing the term 'Obamagate" for absolutely no purpose" , then yes , Top work by Grenell

Amazing considering Trump is the Russian ambassador to the United States.

Study of tweets pushing America to reopen shows that most of them were from bots.

https://gizmodo.com/twitter-bots-drove-the-push-to-reopen-america-study-fi-1843614589

Which leads directly in to Trump mulling testing nuclear weapons for the first time in decades.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-administration-discussed-conducting-first-us-nuclear-test-in-decades/2020/05/22/a805c904-9c5b-11ea-b60c-3be060a4f8e1_story.html

To think, a russian botnet could be convincing Trump of the mistaken belief that millions of Americans on twitter support such a measure. Yikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,770 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Russian troll farms in action.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

White People telling Black People what they should be ! And that ain’t Racist ! ! !

How could the Democrats could not come up with a Young Candidate ? The Democrat Establishment do not want anything to change and that is why they picked the candidate that will change nothing if he wins ! ! !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMhck1uAGL8&frags=pl%2Cwn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Easily the most cringeworhty thing lately is the cuomo brothers love in on cnn during his daily briefings, in the middle of a pandemic update he the governor brings on his idiot brother to recall of times gone by and share unfunny stories. Then Chris reciprocates on his prime time show,2 clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Nice to see Biden feature in the headlines for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,458 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

"What's Reddit?"

Wait, so you're telling me either you're both the same person or that the two biggest trump blowhards here are banned from the politics Forum??

Well colour me shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Idiotic comments by Biden, which he is now apologising for.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

his handlers let him out of his bunker and he put his foot in it and managed to anger the entire black vote in The US by insulting and taking them for granted.
    Roll on the debates, will be must see TV, epic car crash for Biden awaits

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

osarusan wrote: »
    Idiotic comments by Biden, which he is now apologising for.

No harm sure he just misspoke, or he was joking or insert any other excuse Trumps supporters have used over the last 3 years :pac:

Telling how little the press have gone for Joe. Yes it's being reported on, but if we are being honest, they aren't going for the jugular in they way they would if it was the candidate on the other side of the aisle.

Last week when trump asked a reporter of Asian heritage to "ask China" it was reported on as racist.

But on the flip side, fox news are of course capitalising on this.

It's really **** that there is no unbiased media any more. News reporting should be factual and opinions left at home. I have no issue with Greg gutfeld or Don Lemon having their own opinion based shows on the networks, but at least give us 30mins a day for a fact based news programme with no spin.

One can only dream...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Telling how little the press have gone for Joe. Yes it's being reported on, but if we are being honest, they aren't going for the jugular in they way they would if it was the candidate on the other side of the aisle.

Last week when trump asked a reporter of Asian heritage to "ask China" it was reported on as racist.

But on the flip side, fox news are of course capitalising on this.

It's really **** that there is no unbiased media any more. News reporting should be factual and opinions left at home. I have no issue with Greg gutfeld or Don Lemon having their own opinion based shows on the networks, but at least give us 30mins a day for a fact based news programme with no spin.

One can only dream...

“I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat — it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,”.

I'm struggling to remember as much media coverage of the many Trump quotes like the above.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement