Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

sure Jan.
    Okay, Karen.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

notobtuse wrote: »
    Okay, Karen.

if anybody is a karen its a republican. the ones going around coughing and spitting on shop assistants asking them to wear a mask . the kind of behavior trump approves of and encourages.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

About to hit 100 thousand Covid deaths.

Wouldn’t have hit this figure under other presidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,578 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Please keep up. I said "I suspect," and I already listed the source of my information... Devin Nunes, the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee.

Well that explains a lot. He's not very credible now is he, having been implicated as a conspirator with lev parnas and company.

Clearly not a man of his word

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/16/politics/devin-nunes-lev-parnas-phone-calls/index.html

About to hit 100 thousand Covid deaths.

Wouldn’t have hit this figure under other presidents.
    It most probably would have been much more. Other presidents, well, democratic presidents at least, would probably have followed Cuomo and my governor Wolf's leads and sent massive amounts of elderly to their deaths in nursing homes.

Here's a lovely guy who was sent to a nursing home because nursing homes had to take in COVID-19 patients by order of the Michigan Democrat governor.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/22/care-home-patient-beaten-in-brutal-attack-caught-on-video/

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

It most probably would have been much more. Other presidents, well, democratic presidents at least, would probably have followed Cuomo and my governor Wolf's leads and sent massive amounts of elderly to their deaths in nursing homes.

Here's a lovely guy who was sent to a nursing home because nursing homes had to take in COVID-19 patients by order of the Michigan Democrat governor.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/22/care-home-patient-beaten-in-brutal-attack-caught-on-video/

When Obama was president we had, at most, 12,469 dead from a pandemic.

The facts don't suit you.

Making stuff up again, I see. Barr only said there probably wouldn't be an investigation into Obama and Biden. That doesn't rule out one or more of the Obama/Biden cronies ratting out their bosses in order to avoid jail-time.

Keep dreaming

I don't know about murder but I do know of a bunch of House members, Senate members, and the media calling for investigations into Trump for the baseless Trump-Russian collusion hoax. And if memory serves me correctly... they got that investigation. Hell, they even came up with a bogus impeachment that will go down as one of the greatest travesties and abuse of power of the Democrat controlled House.

Plenty of base, you just didn't like it so you pretend it doesn't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,610 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Followed the federal governments recommendation I guess.

Wait. There weren't any. Or if they were, they got redone and eventually dribbled out.

No responsibility leadership at its best.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

If it was any other president, there would have been

Honesty
    Reliability
    Decency
    Organisation
    Clarity
    Leadership

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

The president of America is still a citizen and guaranteed rights under the First Amendment, or so I’ve been told. Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t he just wondering why a more thorough investigation into the matter hasn’t taken place?

You can tell yourself that to try to make yourself feel better. But it’s a lie.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Hmmm... apparently criminal referrals are now imminent in the Obamagate probe. Looks like criminal referrals will even be added to some of Mueller’s DNC supporting and Clinton/Foundation lawyers who somehow got onto the Mueller suspect investigative team, according to Devin Nunes, the ranking Republican on the House Intelligence Committee. I suspect when faced with jail-time even some of Obama’s loyalists are now providing information into the attempted coup of Trump’s presidency.

No they aren’t. No they won’t. Your suspicions will amount to nothing. There was no attempted coup, that’s parroting hyperbole you read somewhere.

they/them/theirs

If it was any other president, there would have been

Honesty
    Reliability
    Decency
    Organisation
    Clarity
    Leadership
    Pipe dreams are alive and well and living in Current Affairs, apparently. I have to laugh. Many of the ‘expert’ journalists and democrats warned us Trump would become a pseudo dictator when he became president. Yet in the coronavirus pandemic he merely set federal guidelines and let each state decide what was best for themselves regarding how they handled COVID-19. Some dictator… Following the US Constitution regarding state’s rights?

Pipe dreams are alive and well and living in Current Affairs, apparently. I have to laugh. Many of the ‘expert’ journalists and democrats warned us Trump would become a pseudo dictator when he became president. Yet in the coronavirus pandemic he merely set federal guidelines and let each state decide what was best for themselves regarding how they handled COVID-19. Some dictator… Following the US Constitution regarding state’s rights?

So his lack of leadership was real leadership? 4D chess again....

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,771 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I wonder what people like you are going to do when this loser is tossed out in November.

He is a nasty debased individual with no dignity, no respect, no quantifiable intellect and the kick is he despises the very people who support him most.

They themselves don't have the requisite intellect or self respect to realise it.

A disaster of a man and president.

Enjoy these final months of this debasement of a once great office and nation.

I wonder what people like you are going to do when this loser is tossed out in November.

He is a nasty debased individual with no dignity, no respect, no quantifiable intellect and the kick is he despises the very people who support him most.

They themselves don't have the requisite intellect or self respect to realise it.

They go back to pretending they are the resistance of course, without any sense of irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

He's following the constitution because when he pulled that little stunt a few weeks back saying he had total authority he got bitch slapped down.

You already knew this though.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    He's following the constitution because when he pulled that little stunt a few weeks back saying he had total authority he got bitch slapped down.

You already knew this though.

The willful acts of disinformation are all part of his "common and effective tactics in the social media political battleground."

Oh, I'll continue to do what I’ve always done, regardless if Trump wins or not… fight for what is right and condemn what is wrong. If I survived a President Obama, I can survive a President Biden... but just barely. :p

What will you do if Trump wins reelection? Cry?

Oh, I'll continue to do what I’ve always done, regardless if Trump wins or not… fight for what is right and condemn what is wrong. If I survived a President Obama, I can survive a President Biden... but just barely. :p

So not about what's true or what's false, just what is right or wrong with your narrative. I see. We see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,735 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I think most republicans are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome with Trump as president.

It really is a case of any Republican will do, no matter how dumb, nasty, narcissistic and low brow he may be.

The latest "Trumpgate" shouting really is falling back to the "Come on people!" style of debating. nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Though you have to laugh at the previous poster thinking The Guardian was defending BoJo, talk about bubble living.

Biden within 3 points of Trump in Utah, which Trump won by 18 points in 2016

https://www.mediaite.com/news/joe-biden-within-3-points-of-trump-in-utah-trump-won-by-18-points-in-2016/
    a UtahPolicy.com/KUTV 2 poll that shows Trump barely ahead of Biden, with 44 percent support to the ex-veep’s 41 percent. The poll had a margin of error of +/- three points, making this a statistical tie.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Blueshoe wrote: »

The video is vile. Nothing to criticise for Trump here.

Edit: Didn't realise I was in CA. Eek. * runs *

• Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

astrofool wrote: »
    I think most republicans are suffering from Stockholm Syndrome with Trump as president.

It really is a case of any Republican will do, no matter how dumb, nasty, narcissistic and low brow he may be.

The latest "Trumpgate" shouting really is falling back to the "Come on people!" style of debating. nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Though you have to laugh at the previous poster thinking The Guardian was defending BoJo, talk about bubble living.

More like sunk cost fallacy

The bygones principle does not accord with real-world behavior. Sunk costs do, in fact, influence people's decisions, with people believing that investments (i.e., sunk costs) justify further expenditures. People demonstrate "a greater tendency to continue an endeavor once an investment in money, effort, or time has been made." This is the sunk cost fallacy, and such behavior may be described as "throwing good money after bad," while refusing to succumb to what may be described as "cutting one's losses

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost?wprov=sfla1

The video is vile. Nothing to criticise for Trump here.

Edit: Didn't realise I was in CA. Eek. * runs *
    Oh, the water's just fine... and we have cookies. :p

Looks like the latest press briefing was a trainwreck for that poor press secretary. Out of her league.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-pbs-yamiche-alcindor-grills-mcenany-on-trumps-scarborough-tweets-press-secretary-frantically-uses-her-oan-lifeline/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

No, the White House press corps have abandoned all professionalism and are more interested in grandstanding than getting any information from the press briefings. They’ve been biased against republicans and suck-ups to democrats for decades. But in the Trump era the press corps are practicing journalistic malpractice.

Are you mad because McEnany is calling them out for what they are?
    Overheal wrote: »
    Looks like the latest press briefing was a trainwreck for that poor press secretary. Out of her league.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-pbs-yamiche-alcindor-grills-mcenany-on-trumps-scarborough-tweets-press-secretary-frantically-uses-her-oan-lifeline/

notobtuse thinks she is doing a great job

And yeah its the press grandstanding, right

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/wh-briefing-chaos-kayleigh-mcenany-uses-oan-softball-to-go-on-wild-flynn-rant-complete-with-slides-then-flees-podium/

She rigged a softball from OAN to engage on a 1-woman diatribe, complete with powerpoint slides (who brings powerpoint slides to answer a question you didn't plan ahead of time?)

• Advertisement

As I said before it was a politically stupid comment by Trump. Tough position for her. Notice though the press doesn’t seem to care one iota that Joe and Mika claim Trump’s responsible for 100,000 deaths and have drug Trump’s family members through the mud. I guess with the press the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many... only as long as that one can do damage to Trump, that is.

And by the way... nothing to see here, please move along?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26WwTu28Ido

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement