Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

duploelabs wrote: »
    What actual point are you trying to make? Can you link to said Biden tweet?
    Of course I can...

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1234856304918663168

Read the comments people made below it... they're absolute gold.

Time to move the goalposts again?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,451 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

notobtuse wrote: »
    Of course I can...

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1234856304918663168

Read the comments people made below it... they're absolute gold.

Time to move the goalposts again?

The Biden video is clearly a montage to show the idiocy of Trump, Trumps video was cut to make it look like Biden was saying that. An nth of critical thinking will differentiate between the two

The Biden video is clearly a montage to show the idiocy of Trump, Trumps video was cut to make it look like Biden was saying that. An nth of critical thinking will differentiate between the two
    Biden did say all that incoherent stuff. The video just cut the end off, which was also incoherent.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Biden did say all that incoherent stuff. The video just cut the end off, which was also incoherent.

I find it quite laughable that you should be a judge of what's coherent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That clip of Biden getting in an argument over AR-14s was a peculiar one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭1641

From The Guardian live updates. Perhaps a typo?

"The Progressive Change Campaign Committee, which had backed Elizabeth Warren before she dropped out and encouraged voters to support Bernie Sanders, said that Sanders should shat in the race “until the March 15th debate at the earliest”.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,557 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

This virus will hurt Trump more than any rival. His downplaying of it will come back to haunt him.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

6 wrote: »
    This virus will hurt Trump more than any rival. His downplaying of it will come back to haunt him.

A strong and competent reaction where he finally showed some leadership could have been the making of his re-election. Instead he's gotten all the downside of the stock exchange carnage, while at the same time appearing as a reckless conspiracy theorist. As you say, if it gets any worse he deserves all the blame that will come his way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I wouldn't bank on those who previously voted for Trump blaming him for an act of God. Having said that no one knows where we be on the virus issue come November so it's hard to know what might happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

AllForIt wrote: »
    I wouldn't bank on those who previously voted for Trump blaming him for an act of God. Having said that no one knows where we be on the virus issue come November so it's hard to know what might happen.

Thought it was a democratic hoax?

:)

• Advertisement

1641 wrote: »
    From The Guardian live updates. Perhaps a typo?

"The Progressive Change Campaign Committee, which had backed Elizabeth Warren before she dropped out and encouraged voters to support Bernie Sanders, said that Sanders should shat in the race “until the March 15th debate at the earliest”.

Warren staying in till super Tuesday was probably one of the most important factors in Biden's ascendancy.

Ah well, no contested convention an all likelihood.

That clip of Biden getting in an argument over AR-14s was a peculiar one.
    Yeah, geriatric Joe lost that argument. The only person full of $hit in that exchange is Biden. Biden claims he supports the Second Amendment but he never says he supports our right to keep and bear arms. He wants gun owners to be fingerprinted, pay a $200 fee per firearm and magazine, and wait for government approval to continue to possess their arms. That process would take many years for approval in Biden’s world as people already wait up to nine months for NFA approval. Imagine the wait time if we’re going to have to register many millions of firearms at one time. PLus, Biden is full of $hit because he wants to criminalize the possession of commonly owned firearms and magazines, and wants to make the possession of a firearm a federal felony without a government-issued permission slip. Verdict: Biden – Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire.

Of course our mainstream media will provide cover for Biden’s lies. That’s their job as mere handmaidens of the democrat party.

Biden almost gone to evens in the Bookies.

Fox News has him +8 on beating Trump.

Boggles wrote: »
    Biden almost gone to evens in the Bookies.

Fox News has him +8 on beating Trump.
    The media is giving him a pass... Possibly because of his advanced age and confused state of mind. And he really hasn’t been vetted yet. Once that happens, especially when it comes out how his brothers, sister, and son made huge amounts of money on his name and making highly suspect political promises. But that depends on whether the media puts journalistic integrity above their own political agenda. Sadly, I don’t have much hopes for the media to report honestly.

Donald Trump was right, once again. He has been insisting for years that the US has been too economically dependent on China. And the coronavirus outbreak that has caused a global public health crisis has proven he was right all along. China should be worried and jump at Trumps renegotiated trade deal because the coronavirus will dramatically accelerate a manufacturing exodus from China to greener pastures with similar cost structures and lesser oppressive governments.

Donald Trump was right, once again. He has been insisting for years that the US has been too economically dependent on China. And the coronavirus outbreak that has caused a global public health crisis has proven he was right all along. China should be worried and jump at Trumps renegotiated trade deal because the coronavirus will dramatically accelerate a manufacturing exodus from China to greener pastures with similar cost structures and lesser oppressive governments.

Trump was bang on the money too when it came to his predictions of the infection rates of Covid19, he said “going very substantially down, not up."

How's that going for him?

Source: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-conference/

Trump was bang on the money too when it came to his predictions of the infection rates of Covid19, he said “going very substantially down, not up."

How's that going for him?

Source: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-vice-president-pence-members-coronavirus-task-force-press-conference/
    I would say not really that bad being it’s now a pandemic and just about everyone in the world will get it in the next 2-3 years. And a vaccine will most probably be produced in the US during his watch which will save the world from future ravages of COVID-19.

I remember when the coronavirus first became news and Trump immediately put in restrictions. Democrats and their media handmaidens immediately chastised Trump for overreaching, fearmongering and restrictions rights. Now those same shameless democrats and media idiots are chastising Trump for not doing enough.

Oh boy, Biden’s deputy campaign director is now saying that sharing videos of Biden’s speaking struggles ‘is a disgusting smear tactic.’

So the bumbling, stumbling, confused and incoherent democrat candidate for president should now be shielded from the public. Can’t let the people see who geriatric Joe really is, I guess.

Gawd, help us.

So, Bernie Sanders, after taking a shellacking from Biden on Tuesday, has vowed today to press on with his presidential campaign. Quick, someone, buy that guy another house so he can drop out and give old Joe a much needed rest from the campaign. Apparently Biden has asked that the next debate be done with the candidates sitting in chairs. Rocking?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

The democratics are in scatters, a commie and a guy wayyyy past.

Trump will eat them alive

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    The democratics are in scatters, a commie and a guy wayyyy past.

Trump will eat them alive
    You do realise the US economy is likely to collapse and we're now in the midst of a pandemic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Tasfasdf

You do realise the US economy is likely to collapse and we're now in the midst of a pandemic?

Do I look like a give a f**k

Tasfasdf wrote: »
    Do I look like a give a f**k

Well it's pretty relevant to his odds of being reelected.

So, Bernie Sanders, after taking a shellacking from Biden on Tuesday, has vowed today to press on with his presidential campaign. Quick, someone, buy that guy another house so he can drop out and give old Joe a much needed rest from the campaign. Apparently Biden has asked that the next debate be done with the candidates sitting in chairs. Rocking?

Will be interesting to see how the debate goes between them. Pity Gabbard isn't going to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,182 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

i know ..but the alternative is a cheeto

Will be interesting to see how the debate goes between them. Pity Gabbard isn't going to be there.

Why?

She is pretty much just self promoting.

All though if the virus is unkind to some elderly gentlemen she may win it by default. :)

Boggles wrote: »
    Why?

She is pretty much just self promoting.

All though if the virus is unkind to some elderly gentlemen she may win it by default. :)

She is pleasant to look at.
    On the other hand had Hillary one is 2026, Tim Kaine would be president today.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I remember when the coronavirus first became news and Trump immediately put in restrictions. Democrats and their media handmaidens immediately chastised Trump for overreaching, fearmongering and restrictions rights. Now those same shameless democrats and media idiots are chastising Trump for not doing enough.
    Are you serious? he did the complete opposite he was seriously downplaying it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,559 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

notobtuse wrote:

WTF!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement