Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

notobtuse wrote: »
    Oh, I'll continue to do what I’ve always done, regardless if Trump wins or not… fight for what is right and condemn what is wrong. If I survived a President Obama, I can survive a President Biden... but just barely. :p

What will you do if Trump wins reelection? Cry?

Everything is always a fight, a confrontation.

"survived" Obama. For **** sake.

Anyway, your credibility is gone. You complain about the media lying and say its ok for the President to do it because hes a Republican (now, he'd probably switch back if he thought it helped him) , sorry, cos everyone else lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

As I said before it was a politically stupid comment by Trump. Tough position for her. Notice though the press doesn’t seem to care one iota that Joe and Mika claim Trump’s responsible for 100,000 deaths and have drug Trump’s family members through the mud. I guess with the press the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many... only as long as that one can do damage to Trump, that is.

And by the way... nothing to see here, please move along?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26WwTu28Ido

The same Trump family of which one member called Biden a pedophile? Sauce for the goose.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,578 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

As I said before it was a politically stupid comment by Trump. Tough position for her. Notice though the press doesn’t seem to care one iota that Joe and Mika claim Trump’s responsible for 100,000 deaths and have drug Trump’s family members through the mud. I guess with the press the needs of the one outweigh the needs of the many... only as long as that one can do damage to Trump, that is.

Because he is and they are mud. Duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

The same Trump family of which one member called Biden a pedophile? Sauce for the goose.
    It's politics. What is slimy and disgusting is the faux outrage the media only seems to have against Trump.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

would they be the family members that stole from a kids cancer charity? i'm not sure they have much of a reputation to ruin.

• Advertisement

Everything is always a fight, a confrontation.

"survived" Obama. For **** sake.

Anyway, your credibility is gone. You complain about the media lying and say its ok for the President to do it because hes a Republican (now, he'd probably switch back if he thought it helped him) , sorry, cos everyone else lies.
    Well, one thing is for sure, Biden only lies when he opens his mouth.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

As I said before it was a politically stupid comment by Trump.

Yeah, you keep saying that. You lack self awareness so much you actually think its a go position to take. Youre supporting the actions of a scumbag. I'll leave you to work out where I reckon that leaves you

Some people apparently say certain posters are scumbags, are they? People should investigate.

Again, If your only comeback is "but they do things too" , youve lost.

would they be the family members that stole from a kids cancer charity? i'm not sure they have much of a reputation to ruin.

Dont even have to go to Trumps family members for evidence of a Trump ripping people off.

Trump University is one. Theres plenty more.

Lies, damned lies and fake news? Seems like it flows like water from your side.

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/12/social-posts-distort-facts-on-trump-charities/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

https://www.factcheck.org/2019/12/social-posts-distort-facts-on-trump-charities/

I said family members. Eric Trump is a family member or had Trump disowned him yet for being such a miserable failure?

"President Donald Trump’s namesake charitable foundation agreed to cease operations in late 2018 as part of an agreement with New York’s attorney general, who alleged that the nonprofit organization was improperly leveraged to further Trump’s business and political interests. A November court order resolved the lawsuit, and Trump ultimately paid a total of $2 million in damages to eight charities, which also received equal portions of the foundation’s remaining $1.8 million."

Did you read this before you posting it thinking it disproved a point it actually proves?

lmao

"A November court order resolved the lawsuit, and Trump ultimately paid a total of $2 million in damages to eight charities, which also received equal portions of the foundation’s remaining $1.8 million."

That sentences alone, regardless of what else is said around it, should be enough for people to look poorly on him.

Probably fake news though, even though it was you that provided the link.

For those interested in the fact, here is the muddy patriarch of the family and his muddy deeds

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danalexander/2017/06/06/how-donald-trump-shifted-kids-cancer-charity-money-into-his-business/#65fe228c6b4a

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Remind me again, How many confirmed lies has Trump told since he took office?

Remind me again, How many confirmed lies has Trump told since he took office?

President Trump made 18,000 false or misleading claims in 1,170 days

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/04/14/president-trump-made-18000-false-or-misleading-claims-1170-days/

Overheal wrote: »

So pretty much every time he opened his mouth :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

See this "I know a lot of people" and "I've spoke with many people" with any issue he's talking about, where the hell does he get the time to be POTUS, be a Twitter nut, a golf nut, a rally nut, a news watching nut etc.. lol

The greatest most perfect bullsh!t artist I've ever heard.

Thats only 15 a day. Can any of us claim to be better people than him?

Spolier, I can.

Some more ramblings.

Probably just fake news by the media making him say stuff or something.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1265381045978968064

• Advertisement

Twitter slaps a fact check on Trump's tweets

514394.PNG

514394.PNG

Oh he is not gonna like that :D

Be ironic if he goes on a Twitter rant about Twitter :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

514394.PNG

I wonder will all the blue checkmarks get the same treatment. From what I've seen so far fact-checking organizations are never fair.

Biden says "Diseases don't stop at borders" and people call it a metaphor. Trump would be lambasted for such a statement. From everything I know of twitter they will not enforce this fairly. Expect to see many, many statements from the other side that don't pass the same fact-checking scrutiny in the weeks to come.

2u2me wrote: »
    Biden says "Diseases don't stop at borders" and people call it a metaphor. Trump would be lambasted for such a statement.

I'm not sure I understand your problem with this one. Diseases don't stop at borders. Do they? :confused:

Biden wrote (never tweeted):

"Pandemic diseases are a prime example of why international cooperation is a requirement of leadership in 2020. Diseases do not stop at borders. They cannot be thwarted by building a wall."

What's the fact error here? I'm not seeing it.

From his column: https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/01/27/coronavirus-donald-trump-made-us-less-prepared-joe-biden-column/4581710002/

I wonder will all the blue checkmarks get the same treatment. From what I've seen so far fact-checking organizations are never fair.

Biden says "Diseases don't stop at borders" and people call it a metaphor. Trump would be lambasted for such a statement. From everything I know of twitter they will not enforce this fairly. Expect to see many, many statements from the other side that don't pass the same fact-checking scrutiny in the weeks to come.

This doesn't need fact checking because it's the truth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

This is what is wrong with fact-checking. Plenty of you actually believe that virus' aren't stopped at borders because Biden said it and Trump enacted the policy.

What Biden said is anti-science. Virus do stop at borders if you make people who cross them quaratine. It's quite simple. Look at Taiwan. We now are doing it, pretty much every country is doing it.

To say "diseases don't stop at borders" is the exact same as saying "social distancing doesn't stop diseases". It certainly fecking helps. Diseases are stopped at borders and walls. He was clearly disputing Trump's early policy which many democrats called a racist policy at that time. Completely anti-science.

I like that you keeping the pressure on the bit where you think Biden wasnt being truthful because you know Trump is streaming lies all over the place.

This is what is wrong with fact-checking. Plenty of you actually believe that virus' aren't stopped at borders because Biden said it and Trump enacted the policy.

What Biden said is anti-science. Virus do stop at borders if you make people who cross them quaratine. It's quite simple. Look at Taiwan. We now are doing it, pretty much every country is doing it.

To say "diseases don't stop at borders" is the exact same as saying "social distancing doesn't stop diseases". It certainly fecking helps. Diseases are stopped at borders and walls. He was clearly disputing Trump's early policy which many democrats called a racist policy at that time. Completely anti-science.

AHHHHHH Now I get your confusion, you think Biden was the first to coin this phrase.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/news/health/coronavirus-viruses-don-t-recognise-boundaries-or-borders-1.4187303%3fmode=amp
    He said “viruses don’t recognise boundaries or borders”, 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.wired.com/story/border-wall-wont-stop-coronavirus/amp
    Despite Trump's hard-liner immigration rhetoric, infectious diseases do not, in fact, respect or abide by borders. And the physical barriers at the southern United States border can't perform any magic when it comes to stopping the spread of the novel coronavirus.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN20Y0NQ
    It will still spread even if you close all the borders.

And you have the gall to call the other the metaphor? Wow.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status/1265368692679983114?s=09

Biden is confused, nervous and not up to the job

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement