Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Overheal wrote: »
    And you have the gall to call the other the metaphor? Wow.

I've asked many times already, no-one is kind enough to answer perhaps you can.

If that's not what he meant "Diseases aren't stopped at borders" What did he mean?

I'll remind you that in that USA article published Jan 28th (3 days before Trump's policy of quarantining anyone coming from Hubei was enacted-which Biden knew was coming).

Also the entire first paragraph of that USA article was talking about how Trump has mismanaged the situation, then ambiguously adds the text "Diseases don't stop at borders or walls".

If he wasn't criticizing Trump's policy what was he doing?(A policy now nearly the whole world uses) What did he mean?
    Because in my mind that's exactly what he was doing criticizing Trump and spreading false science.

And I was using the word 'metaphor' as ribbing at another poster.
    It's a metaphor. If you can't see the point he's making then that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

it's good to know where your priorities lie and the levels youre willing to go to for an outright lying scumbag.

Trump calls the pandemic a Democratic hoax while 100,000 people have died. encouraging people to refuse to wear masks, spreading the disease and killing more people.

He calls a man a murderer without proof (worse than no proof, an investigation was carried out and either way, the guy was 900 miles away) , heaping pain on a family.

Thats just 2 of a litany of scumbaggy **** he does without even getting in to him being a giant snowflakey baby.

and your biggest issue is an argument of semantics about a commonly used phrase? ****ing hell, you need perspective in your life and a reality check of what actual issue are.

it's good to know where your priorities lie and the levels youre willing to go to for an outright lying scumbag.

Trump calls the pandemic a Democratic hoax while 100,000 people have died. encouraging people to refuse to wear masks, spreading the disease and killing more people.

He calls a man a murderer without proof (worse than no proof, an investigation was carried out and either way, the guy was 900 miles away) , heaping pain on a family.

Thats just 2 of a litany of scumbaggy **** he does without even getting in to him being a giant snowflakey baby.

and your biggest issue is an argument of semantics about a commonly used phrase? ****ing hell, you need perspective in your life and a reality check of what actual issue are.

What's more important than anything else is the truth.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

I believe he said that the democrats were politicising the virus.
    Guess what. They were.
    Everything is politicised

2u2me wrote: »

Thats all you took from that?

Youre beyond help

How come the truth doesnt matter when its donalds lies?

you two are defending the indefensible.

It's funny that everything that you throw at Biden is stuff that Trump has done numerous times.

His tweets are proof for all to see (well all those that can see) what a childish , despicable person he is

Ill stick it in again, for the umpteenth time and im sure itll be ignored like all the times before, If he was still a Democrat, youd be attacking him for all the stuff he does. Whether you admit in on here or not, you know it yourself, and thats pathetic.

• Advertisement

Thats all you took from that?

Youre beyond help

How come the truth doesnt matter when its donalds lies?

you two are defending the indefensible.

What indefensible was I defending exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,578 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And the truth is:

Diseases can cross borders.

Blueshoe wrote: »

Biden is confused, nervous and not up to the job

Biden's behaviour is, well, presidential.

What indefensible was I defending exactly?

ignoring lies because they dont suit is as good as defending it. You'll say it isnt but youre only fooling yourself.

You moved off the charity stuff pretty quick and back to ignoring what Trump does wrong to drag on a stupid argument about a phrase in the effort to bury Trumps **** in the thread.

"Diseases aren't stopped at borders" What did he mean?

You are surely misremembering what it is Joe Biden wrote.

Joe Biden did not say "Diseases aren't stopped at borders," unless we are talking about 2 different events. I looked up your complaint initially and found an op-ed Joe Biden wrote in USA Today where he said"

"Pandemic diseases are a prime example of why international cooperation is a requirement of leadership in 2020. Diseases do not stop at borders. They cannot be thwarted by building a wall. We cannot keep ourselves safe without helping to keep others safe as well and without enlisting the help of other nations in return. And here’s the truth — the United States must step forward to lead these efforts, because no other nation has the resources, the reach or the relationships to marshal an effective international response."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2020/01/27/coronavirus-donald-trump-made-us-less-prepared-joe-biden-column/4581710002/

Perhaps this is a misunderstanding, if so it would explain why there seems to be a great deal of confusion about fact and truth here.

• Advertisement

And the truth is:

Diseases can cross borders.

What was Biden trying to say?

WHat was his point? Obviously virus' on the nanoscale can cross borders it the most literal definiton of the sentence. But what did he mean?

All of you guys will know exactly what Trump means when he says it. That's the problem; twitter is exactly the same. This new policy from twitter will not work out well, mark my words.

WHat was his point? Obviously virus' on the nanoscale can cross borders it the most literal definiton of the sentence. But what did he mean?

All of you guys will know exactly what Trump means when he says it. That's the problem; twitter is exactly the same. This new policy from twitter will not work out well, mark my words.

Keep going, bury bury bury with Trumps ****. Ill wait till your done with that and repost it all for you.

Regarding "Diseases aren't stopped at borders," 2u2me, if you got that version of the quote from somewhere else, that either appeared to be quoting his Op-ed or didn't say where the quote came from, I'd be interested to see it, in the interest of understanding the extent of disinformation warfare in 2020, and not as a reflection upon you.

ignoring lies because they dont suit is as good as defending it. You'll say it isnt but youre only fooling yourself.

You moved off the charity stuff pretty quick and back to ignoring what Trump does wrong to drag on a stupid argument about a phrase in the effort to bury Trumps **** in the thread.

I ignored lies? I'm currently standing up to a lie. You tell me perhaps what did Biden mean when he said "diseases don't cross borders"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Keep going, bury bury bury with Trumps ****. Ill wait till your done with that and repost it all for you.

When Trump wins again it's going to be hilarious. Night

Regarding "Diseases aren't stopped at borders," 2u2me, if you got that version of the quote from somewhere else, that either appeared to be quoting his Op-ed or didn't say where the quote came from, I'd be interested to see it, in the interest of understanding the extent of disinformation warfare in 2020, and not as a reflection upon you.

You continually ignore the context of when the article was written and the date Trump enacted the Hubei policy. That stinks.

Stinks.

I ignored lies? I'm currently standing up to a lie. You tell me perhaps what did Biden mean when he said "diseases don't cross borders"

Youre arguing semantics about a commonly used phrase. You ignore trump lies and bull**** and swiftly move on. Just like the charity stuff on the last page. Youre really willing to put the leg work in over this one phrase but wont spend much time on Trumps crap

Blueshoe wrote: »
    When Trump wins again it's going to be hilarious. Night

Even if he does it wont change any of the points on the thread,

I think that's what he meant, in the one sentence. :o We can at least be common about that.

You'd have to review his op-ed to see what all his thrust was:

"Pandemic diseases are a prime example of why international cooperation is a requirement of leadership in 2020. Diseases do not stop at borders. They cannot be thwarted by building a wall. We cannot keep ourselves safe without helping to keep others safe as well and without enlisting the help of other nations in return. And here’s the truth — the United States must step forward to lead these efforts, because no other nation has the resources, the reach or the relationships to marshal an effective international response."

Youre arguing semantics about a commonly used phrase.

That's the whole point of where this discussion started. Twitter are adding 'fact-checking' to Trump's tweets. I was merely pointing out I'd like to see the policy fairly applied to everyone, but I doubt that will happen. I guess we can only watch this space.

• Advertisement

You continually ignore the context of when the article was written and the date Trump enacted the Hubei policy. That stinks.

Stinks.

I'm not gonna play hide the spoon.

If you think I missed something, have the common courtesy to explain your point without the cryptic snark, please.

I don't know what Hubei policy is and that's the first time I've seen the term.

Twitter are adding 'fact-checking' to Trump's tweets. .

Because hes telling outright blatant lies. all the time.

Youve managed to drag a conversation about 1 phrase from Biden for hours. The fact that youve had to harp on the same thing for hours shows its nothing more than bluster.

The video was posted 18 hours ago and I'm no facebook expert but it doesn't appear to have been a livestream, so the incident could be older.

https://www.facebook.com/darnellareallprettymarie/videos/1425398217661280/

If Jack Dorsey has brass balls, he will slap another fact check on this

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265427539008380928?s=20

"<!> Learn the facts about Free speech"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

His twitter rants really are a joke. What a child he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

If Jack Dorsey has brass balls, he will slap another fact check on this

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1265427539008380928?s=20

"<!> Learn the facts about Free speech"

He is the biggest whinger I've ever seen in my whole life.

How can anyone think this bum is presidential is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

The hydroxychloroquine kicking in, he's being attacked by covid19

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That's the whole point of where this discussion started. Twitter are adding 'fact-checking' to Trump's tweets. I was merely pointing out I'd like to see the policy fairly applied to everyone, but I doubt that will happen. I guess we can only watch this space.
    "Fact checking" only applies to the right though.
    The democrats/liberals etc don't get these nonsense bots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ELM327 wrote: »
    "Fact checking" only applies to the right though.
    The democrats/liberals etc don't get these nonsense bots.

perhaps they should try lying a little less and then they wouldn't have to fact check tweets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement