Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Brian? wrote: »
    They got the most votes, not the majority of votes. That's a pretty simple difference.

Clinton got the most votes and the majority of votes in 2016.

No they got the most. The highest number of first preferences.
    Our system is odd.
    Passing votes down and around.
    Ends up in the like of Eamon Ryan getting into a position of power.
    That's for another thread though

• Registered Users Posts: 83,599 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

notobtuse wrote: »
    You don't think he was trolling the biased media to make their collective heads explode? That's what he does... and they fall for it every time.

Igotadose has the gift

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

You don't think he was trolling the biased media to make their collective heads explode? That's what he does... and they fall for it every time.

No, no he wasn't.

There is absolutely zero evidence anywhere in the entire history of Donald Trump to indicate that he has a sense of humour or the ability to use sarcasm or anything close to it.

What we do have however are decades of examples of him blurting out something mind numbingly stupid and when called out for the stupidity attempting to cover it up by suggesting he was joking or being sarcastic.

To quote someone else on here recently - "Donald Trump isn't playing 4D chess , he's eating the pieces so no one else can play"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    No, no he wasn't.

There is absolutely zero evidence anywhere in the entire history of Donald Trump to indicate that he has a sense of humour or the ability to use sarcasm or anything close to it.

What we do have however are decades of examples of him blurting out something mind numbingly stupid and when called out for the stupidity attempting to cover it up by suggesting he was joking or being sarcastic.

To quote someone else on here recently - "Donald Trump isn't playing 4D chess , he's eating the pieces so no one else can play"
    Well, he obviously has you fooled. He is a master manipulator.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Are you familiar with the Irish word eejit?

He's a bit of an eejit. Actually no, what an awful eejit.

I am unclear why you are over the moon that you have an eejit as a President.

I ask myself. If Trump was a Democrat would I think he was an eejit or would I think he is great. Hmmm. Yeah definitely an almighty eejit.

• Advertisement

Well, he obviously has you fooled. He is a master eejit manipulator.

I fixed your post

amdublin wrote: »

I ask myself. If Trump was a Democrat would I think he was an eejit or would I think he is great. Hmmm. Yeah definitely an almighty eejit.
    Sure am. That was often my born and raised Irish mother's nickname for me. She, God rest her soul, would have loved Trump. She always admired people who go against the grain and didn't take any $hit from anyone.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

I fixed your post
    No, you sullied it. ;)

Do you know of any other politicians who are eejits in the US of A

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Blueshoe wrote: »
    Our system is odd.

Sweet Jesus blueshoe, do you just go around political threads giving out about the green party?
    You got a hell of a chip on your shoulder 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

https://twitter.com/NeverAgainActn/status/1265377215266664448

What a humanitarian Trump is to have this system in place to keep people safe.

Do you know of any other politicians who are eejits in the US of A
    They're easily identified. They all have a (D) behind their names... and sometimes an (I). :p

They're easily identified. They all have a (D) behind their names... and sometimes an (I). :p

Like when trump used to have a d behind his?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Still has the D behind him, it just so happens that it's millions of D's

Yup. Luckily one can overcome the stigma.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Now he's just a D

Still has the D behind him, it just so happens that it's millions of D's
    More like billions?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Our system is odd.

We've had this out before. Our system is proportional representation and as you might guess by the name, it represents minorities better .

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Sure am. That was often my born and raised Irish mother's nickname for me. She, God rest her soul, would have loved Trump. She always admired people who go against the grain and didn't take any $hit from anyone.

Ah the innocence.

Bless her heart

Sure bless your heart too while we're at it

Triangle wrote: »
    Sweet Jesus blueshoe, do you just go around political threads giving out about the green party?
    You got a hell of a chip on your shoulder 😂

I'm throwing darts at a photo of Eamon right now.

• Advertisement

Yup. Luckily one can overcome the stigma.

Not so sure. This is his 3rd go at being a Republican after a couple at being a Democrat and a couple of stops in between.

Its almost like he doesn't give a **** about any of you and will hitch his flag to whatever serves his interests best

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

So if I understand correctly you're criticizing the US for not having something you yourself don't even have?

You don't understand correctly.

Read what I said again.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

More like billions?

Even America doesnt have billions of dumbasses.

Who's willing to bet all these investigations that will definitely show Obama/ the clintons / every Democrat etc to be criminals all conveniently cant come out till after November? At which point they quietly disappear either way like they were just bull**** to try steer the election...............

Who's willing to bet all these investigations that will definitely show Obama/ the clintons / every Democrat etc to be criminals all conveniently cant come out till after November? At which point they quietly disappear either way like they were just bull**** to try steer the election...............

The Russian Trump investigation was a smoke screen to hide to Clinton email scandal.

I feel bad for how Trump’s words hurt the woman’s family. But you can’t have one set of standards for one party and another for the other.

So, was it okay with you when a US senator read into the congressional record accusations without any evidence, that an honorable and accomplished judge being confirmed to the Supreme Court was a gang-rapist? How do you think his family felt?

Or when nearly every single major mainstream news agency advocated for physical threats directed at a high school teenager for no other ‘crime’ than that of wearing a MAGA hat? How do you think his family felt?

How about when Joe Scarborough joked on the Imus show about having an affair with an intern and then killing her? Why aren’t you condemning that?

It is okay for Democrats and their media handmaidens to do those things but not Trump? So spare me your faux outrage.

That's a very good point

That's a very good point

Is it though? Trump tells us how despicable these people are and his supporters show how they do the same thing he does.

Doesn't that make him everything he calls them?

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    No, no he wasn't.

That's just not true.

The Russian Trump investigation was a smoke screen to hide to Clinton email scandal.

So you agree all the bluster by Trump is no more than baseless rubbish designed to garner favour from people in the election

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    You don't understand correctly.

Read what I said again.
    I don't care what you said. So I’m not getting this right? Mary Lou McDonald, with a popular vote of 535,595, beat the next candidate with the most votes, Micheál Martin, who had 484,320 popular votes. According to you Hillary Clinton should have become President of the US because she received more popular votes. How is Prime Minster McDonald doing? I mean, isn't how all the civilized countries do things?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement