Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Apologies, I must have got distracted by the smell of bull**** off your posts.
    Apology accepted. Next time go downwind instead of upwind before trusting your sniffer.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Billy Mays wrote: »

It's just a stream of (semi)consciousness at this stage.

I'm kinda more worried for the 60k+ people (more probably bots) that have "liked" that tweet so far ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    It's just a stream of (semi)consciousness at this stage.

I'm kinda more worried for the 60k+ people (more probably bots) that have "liked" that tweet so far ?

A lot of them are known to be bots to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

But guys, don’t forget, Biden is senile ok!!! He’s not fit to govern!!11!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Biden is senile, and doesnt stand a chance of winning.

MadYaker wrote: »
    But guys, don’t forget, Biden is senile ok!!! He’s not fit to govern!!11!
    I think a lot of democrats have already come to that realization but are too afraid to say anything until the DNC comes up with a viable Plan B.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Short of giving him the old hilary "commits suicide" bump off, there's not much they can do at this stage.

ELM327 wrote: »
    Short of giving him the old hilary "commits suicide" bump off, there's not much they can do at this stage.
    I don’t know... If the economy substantially improves leading up to the election the DNC just might stick with Biden and decide to write the presidential election off, and instead concentrate on holding the House and making inroads to the Senate. Otherwise their best bet might still be Hillary Clinton. They’ll never go with Sanders and Cuomo ended his chances when he sent ten thousand seniors to their deaths with his mandate that nursing homes are required to take in COVID19 patients which then spread like the black death throughout the facilities. I don’t see any other democrat taking up the torch and drumming up any excitement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

That's why Trump felt he needed foreign dirt to try and halt Bidens momentum I guess.

Not sure i envy anyone taking over from Trump, country is in complete freefall. Millions unemployed, tens of thousands dead from virus, racial relations at lowest point in decades, nazis marching on the streets, journalists being arrested live on TV and a right wing media continually stoking up the flames.

notobtuse wrote: »
    I think a lot of democrats have already come to that realization but are too afraid to say anything until the DNC comes up with a viable Plan B.

Still pushing this when there's no realistic possibility of them doing that. Biden is also funnily enough coming across as more presidential than your president. Who instead is getting in fights with his preferred social media platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

rossie1977 wrote: »
    That's why Trump felt he needed foreign dirt to try and halt Bidens momentum I guess.

Not sure i envy anyone taking over from Trump, country is in complete freefall. Millions unemployed, tens of thousands dead from virus, racial relations at lowest point in decades, nazis marching on the streets, journalists being arrested live on TV and a right wing media continually stoking up the flames.

the Democrats are used to picking up the pieces after terrible republican presidents.

I don’t know... If the economy substantially improves leading up to the election the DNC just might stick with Biden and decide to write the presidential election off, and instead concentrate on holding the House and making inroads to the Senate. Otherwise their best bet might still be Hillary Clinton. They’ll never go with Sanders and Cuomo ended his chances when he sent ten thousand seniors to their deaths with his mandate that nursing homes are required to take in COVID19 patients which then spread like the black death throughout the facilities. I don’t see any other democrat taking up the torch and drumming up any excitement.

The delusion is strong. I guess this is part of the problem with America today. So many people living in a phantasy world in their own heads.

Edit: I should say I mean this in relation to politics not life in general

Still pushing this when there's no realistic possibility of them doing that. Biden is also funnily enough coming across as more presidential than your president. Who instead is getting in fights with his preferred social media platform.
    After emerging from his two week hiatus from hiding in his underground basement bunker he looks and acts nothing presidential. It's just sad at this point. His poll numbers would probably increase if his handlers kept him tucked away in his bunker and away from the cameras. Let his campaign and the democrat media handmaidens build him up.

You think hiding away during a national emergency is 'presidential?'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,985 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

MadYaker wrote: »
    The delusion is strong. I guess this is part of the problem with America today. So many people living in a phantasy world in their own heads.

It's just how things are. They'll moan about Joe Biden being senile or lecherous while defending Trump to the hilt for much worse and all the while any dissent is considered an "attack".

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 38,593 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It used to be for me the choice between the good(Democrats) and the evil(Repiblicans). I see no difference between them now sadly.
    If somehow Biden wasn't able to run and Cuomo got parachuted in it'd give me some hope that the Democrats could rise from the ashes.

Country big on patriotism yet somehow can't see the damage that this guy is doing on a daily basis.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,985 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

eagle eye wrote: »
    It used to be for me the choice between the good(Democrats) and the evil(Repiblicans). I see no difference between them now sadly.
    If somehow Biden wasn't able to run and Cuomo got parachuted in it'd give me some hope that the Democrats could rise from the ashes.

Why exactly? Sure, they're both evils but one is clearly vastly worse than the other.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 38,593 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why exactly? Sure, they're both evils but one is clearly vastly worse than the other.
    I don't see any difference anymore. Both deep in the murky abyss.
    Trump is the worst POTUS in history, Biden could be worse if he gets elected. I keep checking myself when I say that but I believe it's a real possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭housetypeb

What a fantastic democracy you have.
    Strange that your choice's seems have become so narrow, that the only thing you have to do is decide between either the aged buffoon or the senile old man to lead you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Trump selfish. Talking about taking down twitter for everyone yesterday because his tweet was fact checked. His self-centred and thinks of nobody but himself. Millions of people use the platform and don't care about his petty battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You think accusing people of murder, picking fights on social media, and calling for black people to be shot is "presidential"?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

After emerging from his two week hiatus from hiding in his underground basement bunker he looks and acts nothing presidential. It's just sad at this point. His poll numbers would probably increase if his handlers kept him tucked away in his bunker and away from the cameras. Let his campaign and the democrat media handmaidens build him up.

Shifty schiff, Sleepy Joe, Pochahantas, creepy Joe etc.... yeah your hero is really "presidential" :rolleyes:

If Biden walked out and just shouted "CHINA" at everyone and walked off, everyone on here slating him would dive in with more accusations of him being senile or he doesnt know what hes doing.

Thats effectively what Trump is doing on twitter.

You think accusing people of murder, picking fights on social media, and calling for black people to be shot is "presidential"?

Plus, how was he hiding if he was out in public for memorial day , Trump even abused him for wearing a mask.

How does one both hide and not hide at the same time? Schrodingers Biden.

Trump is the worst POTUS in history, Biden could be worse if he gets elected. I keep checking myself when I say that but I believe it's a real possibility.

Cant see how. Anything Trump has thrown at Biden applies to himself multiple times over. So if both continue as they have before, Biden is a much better option.

• Advertisement

I’m curious why you say that about Trump. What are your reasons? Up until the economy took a dump because of an act of God (or a Chinese bio-weapons lab) under Trump the economy was booming, unemployment was at the lowest point any of us have ever seen, blacks and latino unemployment was the lowest ever, we had negotiated better international trade deals, other countries were contributing greater shares to NATO, his maximum pressure campaign is crippling Iran’s terrorist activities, and his tariff threats forced Mexico to crack down on illegal immigration. Being blinded by one’s hate doesn’t make him the worst US president ever. He might actually be the best president of modern times.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement