Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

notobtuse wrote: »
    What King is most known for...

He also said "the ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” He'd be turning in his grave looking at that waster in the White House.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I remember way back in my hippie days (when hippies were targeted by the establishment with disgust and violence) being hit across the side of the head with a billy club by police while peacefully sitting and watching a Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention concert. Riot, destruction, stealing and physical violence never crossed my mind.

Yeah

Because that happened :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The press shouldn't bother showing up and giving him more opportunities to stoke disorder and chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Yeah

Because that happened :rolleyes:

Yup, Allentown fairgrounds, 1974. Zappa stopped the concert and went on a tirade condemning the police actions.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The press shouldn't bother showing up and giving him more opportunities to stoke disorder and chaos.
    Yeah, right. The press would never miss an opportunity to produce anything that might make Trump look bad. And if he doesn't give them what they want they'll just make $hit up.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Yup, Allentown fairgrounds, 1974. Zappa stopped the concert and went on a tirade condemning the police actions.

Oh I'm aware a concert took.place there

I'm aware of the police actions that day

It's the rest I call B.S on.

Edit, looking now and am not seeing any concerts there in 74 or Zappa playing there that year.

Yeah, right. The press would never miss an opportunity to produce anything that might make Trump look bad. And if he doesn't give them what they want they'll just make $hit up.

Oh you're a fakenewser I see. They don't need to make him look bad. He's well capable of that himself.

In somewhat defense of the police actions, it was the guy with drugs behind me they were targeting. They just got a little overzealous in getting to him.

And to blow your mind a little further, and provide more opportunity to call me a liar, I went to Woodstock, Live Aid, protested the Vietnam war, lived shortly on a commune, and very briefly hooked up with one of the girls from the Manson family.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If that's the case, you must be in your 60s. I would have put you down as a teenager based on your posts.

If that's the case, you must be in your 60s. I would have put you down as a teenager based on your posts.
    Age is only a state of mind. Peace!

• Advertisement

Age is only a state of mind. Peace!

So why do you constantly bring up Bidens age?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,279 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

I remember way back in my hippie days (when hippies were targeted by the establishment with disgust and violence) being hit across the side of the head with a billy club by police while peacefully sitting and watching a Frank Zappa and The Mothers of Invention concert. Riot, destruction, stealing and physical violence never crossed my mind.

You're an American Boomer. That explains a lot.

If the 100,000 dead, the 40m unemployed, the race riots, the armed occupation of democrat institutions doesn't make Trump supporters stop and think..... nothing can.

So why do you constantly bring up Bidens age?
    It not his age that concerns me, it's his mental capacity.

You're an American Boomer. That explains a lot.

LOL. What is this 'Ok, Boomer' thing people keep saying to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

What time?

Do you have linky?

Supposed to be 7 our time

Parental Advisor though that is a link to the White House youtube, who knows what kind of stuff they will say or do :)

It not his age that concerns me, it's his mental capacity.

But you mention his age.

And if you want to talk mental capacity shall we start throwing out Trumps brain farts for you to go over again?

Edit, looking now and am not seeing any concerts there in 74 or Zappa playing there that year.

It's a simple search (locals also called it Allentown Fairgrounds and Ag Hall)...
    https://rocktourdatabase.com/content/allentown-ag-hall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Just remember looters in Hong Kong are freedom fighters. Armed white men taking over democratic legislatures in the US are standing up for their rights. But those in Minneapolis are thugs and rioters.

Can you point me to one incident of looting by HK protestors over the past 12 months?

But you mention his age.

And if you want to talk mental capacity shall we start throwing out Trumps brain farts for you to go over again?

The only time I remember mentioning his age was when I used the term 'old.' Hell, he is old... so am I.

• Advertisement

Can you point me to one incident of looting by HK protestors over the past 12 months?

Have a look at the post is literally there. Videos on social media readily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Neither Trump nor Biden are suitable candidates to be Presidential candidates. Yes, straightforwardly in my view, they ARE too old. This Covid age presents an obvious risk to them, but also both men indicate the early stage symptoms of various age related maladies and one of them is a malignant narcissistic sociopath.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Neither Trump nor Biden are suitable candidates to be Presidential candidates. Yes, straightforwardly in my view, they ARE too old. This Covid age presents an obvious risk to them, but also both men indicate the early stage symptoms of various age related maladies and one of them is a malignant narcissistic sociopath.

Have a look at the post is literally there. Videos on social media readily available.

What post? There are not plenty of videos on social media of HK protestors looting. That has not remotely been a feature of HK protests.

I'm not saying this to criticise BLM or the Minneapolis protests in any way. I'd agree if you said it was massively hypocritical for those on the right in the USA to support HK protests and immediately condemn any protests again police violence on home soil. But Iooting is not something you see at HK protests, even when they descend into violence and vandalism.

I just saw your Tweet, it didn't load at first sorry.....and it's absolutely laughable. The Hong Kong people massively support the protests, pro-Dems won a huge majority at the district council elections last year.

Trump "supporting" Hong Kong isn't a reason to say the HK protests aren't legitimate. Hating Trump doesn't mean you should feel that HK have no real grievances.

Trump also likely doesn't really give two flying f*cks about Hong Kong. He'd previously been quoted been very deferential to Xi over Hong Kong, and only got "tough" when he thought it was more politically expedient to do so.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

If the 100,000 dead, the 40m unemployed, the race riots, the armed occupation of democrat institutions doesn't make Trump supporters stop and think..... nothing can.

Per million of population reland has more deaths.
    Half a million people in Ireland are receiving the covid payment alongside 200k on the live register.

That's 700,000 out of 4 million people compared to 40million out of 320 million

Race riots happening in the Us since the 60s.

The peaceful protest went off without incident. It's an open carry state

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

And FINALLY he turns up. So it's about China. "CHYYYNA"

Blowing on about China now. "JYYYNA"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,593 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

notobtuse wrote:
    But I respect your opinion. I have opinions too... I know Obama took over the title of worst US president ever from James Buchanan before his first term even ended.
    Well that's incorrect. Obama wasn't a great POTUS but he was nowhere near as bad as his predecessor and miles better than his successor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement