Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ZorbaTheGreek

2u2me wrote: »
    I'm not the one attacking others from a sedentary position.

Hey as I said Hey, I'm not complaining about censorship in this thread whilst cheer-leading censorship in another. Certainly not bastardizing Orwell either.

Look up double think.

I'd take your correction. Perhaps I was using too strong words, belittled definitely.

I bet you would be surprised though at the amount of people that are pro chinese government, they favour the censorship and the state control.

He wasn't generally belittled either, he was a highly regarded journalist and author... You don't seem to be willing to backup your claim at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm not the one attacking others from a sedentary position.

Who or what is "the left"?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,594 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

wandererz wrote:
    Being so anti-immigrant, do you suppose that he realises that Elon Musk is a South African? And that in turning up to the launch he is supporting an immigrant?
    I don't think billionaires count. You know the wealthy elite that Trump makes sure to look after.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

He was against Stalin, but pro communism. So he was a leftist who was critical of the left. Just like I said.

Just like today most of you guys are pro China, despite the murderous and disgusting practices that are happening there.

He was never ostracised. He was critical of all authoritarianism, not just Stalin. That was the actual point of 1984 and Animal Farm. A point most people missed.

Most of who are pro China? China hasn’t been an actual communist country for a very long time, if it ever really was communist. I don’t know anyone who is pro Chinese government.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

wandererz wrote: »
    Being so anti-immigrant, do you suppose that he realises that Elon Musk is a South African? And that in turning up to the launch he is supporting an immigrant?

Musk will never admit it but he is a billionaire who leans very much to the right so and Trump will get on fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

He wasn't generally belittled either, he was a highly regarded journalist and author... You don't seem to be willing to backup your claim at all...

Try "Hope lies in the Proles: George Orwell and the left" John Newsinger.

In this book Newsinger rescues Orwell from the years of lies, slander and misrepresentation by his critics and detractors.

In this book Newsinger rescues Orwell from the years of lies, slander and misrepresentation by his critics and detractors.

You should be able to reference direct instances of some significant impact on his reputation. There's absolute nothing wrong with a person detracting or criticising Orwell by the way, it's something that Orwell would have been happy with. It definitely didn't create any substantial damage to his reputation.

Even a quick look at the reviews of the book, it doesn't seem to reference anything in relation to lies or slander. Have you read it?

So did anyone see what anonymous are up to today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

eagle eye wrote: »
    So did anyone see what anonymous are up to today?

No do enlighten us

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

What lies and slander? Orwell was hugely respected.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Tippex wrote:
    No do enlighten us
    I think you need to go on Twitter and read up. Basically released documents linking Trump and Weinstein. I haven't found it yet but they say that Trump was involved with the sex trafficking.
    Loads of other names released too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I think you need to go on Twitter and read up. Basically released documents linking Trump and Weinstein. I haven't found it yet but they say that Trump was involved with the sex trafficking.

I presume you mean epstein and stuff like this

https://twitter.com/Martina/status/1267143029640646663

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

That's serious stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Thanks for the pointer now I am down a rabbit hole and it's not one I particularly wanted to go sown *Sickening*

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Now that Trump has declared the non-existent "ANTIFA" to be a terrorist group (ANTIFA simply being short for anti-fascist) it is quite possible that come November that Trump would call Biden/Democrat voters "ANTIFA" members and arrest them for terrorism, and then call the election rigged because of "terrorist traitors and criminals voting" and cancel/redo the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

In fairness, that Jane Doe testimony has been out for years, there's nothing new in that release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ZorbaTheGreek

Just re-reading the thread. Can't believe the level of dishonesty here

Every country has its idiots. You can't say Ireland is as bad because you met one in a shop.

You've got the actual US president advocating injecting bleach and this isn't even surprising given his tenure. Don't even start me on the preppers and libertarians pretending to be oppressed because they can't stay in a few months with Netflix.

Have you got a source for that because to me it seems to be a lie that you are pedalling.

Telling a poster he is a liar. Weird accusation, because it was a pretty big story.
    Flash back a month though...
    I'd say our leaders saying masks are useless has caused far more harm then what Trump said about the bleach. Perhaps I'm wrong and this will be full of reports soon on people injecting themselves with bleach.

Such dishonest posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

duploelabs wrote: »
    In fairness, that Jane Doe testimony has been out for years, there's nothing new in that release

there was other information from Michael cohen, who was trumps lawyer, concerning multiple similar lawsuits settled by trump over the years, some concerning young boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

Just re-reading the thread. Can't believe the level of dishonesty here
    Telling a poster he is a liar. Weird accusation, because it was a pretty big story.
    Flash back a month though...
    Such dishonest posting.

I suggest you re-read the thread again. You've obviously not interpreted it properly. Just like my other posts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

The mainstream media is part of the deep state which have been unaccountable. Helped by past presidents, both houses, the FBI and CIA, this deep state has kept the US in constant wars and divided people by race, gender and culture for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

What’s all this twitter stuff today about Epstein and trump it’s hard to believe what’s real and what’s not these days

Can someone say if this stuff legit?

biggebruv wrote:
    What’s all this twitter stuff today about Epstein and trump it’s hard to believe what’s real and what’s not these days

They are court documents. Anonymous are going full scale after Trump because of the riots. They've hacked bunches of stuff yesterday and today..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭kyote00

The case was real.
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-elections/donald-trump-rape-sexual-assault-claims-court-republican-party-us-presidential-florida-a7360636.html

Epstein and Trump were 'pals' -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUDr_c2PalI

Epstein is now dead - as we know the dead rarely talk !

biggebruv wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That is tinfoil hat stuff until we see broader confirmation. Too salacious to take at photo value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

The mainstream media is part of the deep state which have been unaccountable. Helped by past presidents, both houses, the FBI and CIA, this deep state has kept the US in constant wars and divided people by race, gender and culture for years.

Exactly right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If it’s the law you’d think he would have prosecuted it even once in Charlottesville?

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1266796670609588225?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

TrumpFiddles.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Vague, paranoid, evidence free posting there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement