Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

MurDawg wrote: »
    Bookies have Trump and Biden as evens

First time ive seen them level
    Odd since Biden hasn’t even been declared the democrat candidate. What would happen to those who bet on Biden today and the DNC picks someone else... Do you automatically lose on your bet?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

notobtuse wrote: »
    Please show where someone was calling for people to be massacred.

I think you just proved the poster's point.
    Here you go, feel free to condemn them if you can bring yourself to.
    ELM327 wrote: »
    Dirty scumbags of the highest order
    Should be shot on sight by the army.
    It would have been unfortunate if they had done that:

https://twitter.com/alexsalvinews/status/1267679018469351425

Here you go, feel free to condemn them if you can bring yourself to.
    Thanks, please give me the post number so I can delve more into it, as I must have missed it. I can understand people defending themselves but can't condone massacring people.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Thanks, please give me the post number so I can delve more into it, as I must have missed it. I can understand people defending themselves but can't condone massacring people.

It's 4,176 - you can get to them quickly by clicking the '>' sign beside the username in the quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Again with the deliberate twisting of the facts.

He said that if she WAS NOT his daughter, he would date her.

That is a seriously sick and pervy thing to say. Yet you have to go the extra mile and twist it to make it worse.

Why do that? It's awful in its own right. But twist it and now it sounds even worse, but it's "fake news".

It's like the bleach drinking saga all over again.

Are you really that in to him or are you trolling? For a father to say that about his daughter is sick and morally wrong, do you say the same thing about your children? He is a sick individual with no moral compass and what looks like the symptoms of dementia. He despises his base and plays them for his own personal gains his presidency was all about how he can extract the maximum amount of money from the knuckle dragging portion of American society and enrich his family further. I feel sorry for fools that follow this idiot and hang on his every word thinking that he is the messiah. And before you call me a leftie, snowflake, Liberal or whatever you like to call people that don't agree with you I have a centrist point of view I have no political allegiance but I know see a snake oil salesman when I see one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    It comes down to people taking the view that the ends justify the means which I struggle to rationalise.

I get the Conservative vs. Liberal viewpoint , but suggesting that Trump is the ONLY choice available to them is disingenuous.

They could have voted for one of the other candidates during the primaries back in 2016 .
    They could have voiced their displeasure with his behavior at any time during the last 3 years providing the rest of the GOP the requisite air-cover to rein in his baser instincts.
    They could have supported an alternate candidate for the primaries for 2020.

They didn't do any of those things , so it's not that he's the only choice for them to get the policies they want , it's that they have decided they like him.

That's the problem.
    Bang on

No fan of Maher by any means but he's spot on here

Here's another lowly pastor condemning Donnie's little photo op at the church yesterday

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/baffling-and-reprehensible-dc-archbishop-condemns-trump-photo-opportunity-at-saint-john-paul-ii-shrine/

Did I say pastor?

Sorry, meant Archbishop of Washington

• Registered Users Posts: 38,599 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Billy Mays wrote:
    Here's another lowly pastor condemning Donnie's little photo op at the church yesterday
    Are you religious?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

eagle eye wrote: »
    Are you religious?

Is the several times divorced, cheating, perverted liar?

Are you religious?
    No

Does it make a difference?

• Advertisement

Billy Mays wrote: »

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/baffling-and-reprehensible-dc-archbishop-condemns-trump-photo-opportunity-at-saint-john-paul-ii-shrine/

Did I say pastor?

Sorry, meant Archbishop of Washington
    Mark my words: a huge chunk will leave their church before leaving Trumpism, if it comes to it.

It's 4,176 - you can get to them quickly by clicking the '>' sign beside the username in the quote.
    Thanks. I don’t read that thread as the situation makes my blood boil. I wasn’t aware of the ‘>’ feature. Learn something new every day.

Now about the post. From what I gather the poster was in support of someone’s right to defend themselves from a home invasion by rioters who where causing physical violence and mayhem, and NOT CALLING FOR A MASSACRE. I know I would do everything in my power to protect my family from people trying to break into my house intent on doing bodily harm. Wouldn’t you? That is the primary reason why I own a Smith & Wesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,612 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

New poll: 72% of Americans believe Trump favors white people. Including 58% of Republicans.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/whopping-72-percent-of-americans-think-trump-favors-white-people-including-58-percent-of-republicans/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,359 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Billy Mays wrote: »
    I understand what you're saying about evangelicals holding their nose and voting for Trump. For a large amount of them though it's not just that, they actually worship the guy and think he's been sent to Earth as part of God's plan.

The same people who donate tens of millions of dollars to conmen from the tv who live in massive mansions and fly around the world in private jets preaching the word of God.

Maybe stupid is the wrong word. Let'd go with gullible instead.

Oh I'd agree with stupid on those. But I wouldn't class them as a large amount. But they are a vocal minority, like the Westboro Baptist crowd.

But the majority as you say can't stand the man, but will always vote for the party.

I love this tweet over the riots in New York City last night. Hammer meet nail!
    Trump: If the mayor of NYC doesn't do his job, I'll intervene.
    Media: BOOOO! FASCIST!!!
    Cuomo, 12 hours later: If the mayor of NYC doesn't do his job, I'll intervene.
    Media: YAAAAY! HERO!!!

Billy Mays wrote:
    Does it make a difference?
    I'm just wondering why you are constantly quoting them.
    It means you go out of your way find something anti-Trumo to be post. Why do you feel the need? He's a horrible human being, most of us know it. A religious person saying something isn't going to change anybody's mind about it.
    It's just unnecessary extra crap imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,359 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Are you really that in to him or are you trolling? For a father to say that about his daughter is sick and morally wrong, do you say the same thing about your children? He is a sick individual with no moral compass and what looks like the symptoms of dementia. He despises his base and plays them for his own personal gains his presidency was all about how he can extract the maximum amount of money from the knuckle dragging portion of American society and enrich his family further. I feel sorry for fools that follow this idiot and hang on his every word thinking that he is the messiah. And before you call me a leftie, snowflake, Liberal or whatever you like to call people that don't agree with you I have a centrist point of view I have no political allegiance but I know see a snake oil salesman when I see one.

Did you even read what I said before going off on that? That's a serious question, because your rant makes absolutely no sense.

What he actually said was sick and perverted. I made that VERY clear.

But taking that sick and perverted statement and deliberately twisting it to make it seem even worse only feeds the fake news claim that is his first line of defence.

Is the several times divorced, cheating, perverted liar?
    Are you against divorce?

I love this tweet over the riots in New York City last night. Hammer meet nail!

Trump wants cops to use gas, run over protestors, shoot people.

Cuomo is calling for civility and dignity from the NYPD.

I’m not the least bit shocked this fact is lost on you.

Are you against divorce?

I'm a live and let live kinda guy

Evangelical Christians aren't as forgiving as me though.

Do you think pervy Donny is religious? Or is he just playing up to his evangelical Christian followers?

• Advertisement

Are you against divorce?

When the wife is getting beaten like Trump has done to his before, then divorce is probably for the best.

You disapprove of wife beating, right?

If you think evangelicals are nice quiet and forgiving people you should go see what happens when one of their sons or daughters openly admits to dating outside of their race...

Overheal wrote: »
    If you think evangelicals are nice quiet and forgiving people you should go see what happens when one of their sons or daughters openly admits to dating outside of their race...

Many evangelicals are no more than the yin to the wahabbist sect of Islams yang.

I'm a live and let live kinda guy
    Well you out it in your rage post like there was something wrong with divorce.
    Evangelical Christians aren't as forgiving as me though.
    It doesn't really concern me what they are.
    Do you think pervy Donny is religious? Or is he just playing up to his evangelical Christian followers?
    No, I think he uses everything as much as he can for his own self-interests. He's a horrible human being and worst POTUS in history.

You are similar to him the way you go on though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

https://twitter.com/MorningConsult/status/1267854943064645635?s=19

I posted earlier that 90% of black people who voted in the last election, voted for Hilary Clinton. That accounts for 10% of all the vote and if Biden wants to win, he needs that demographic to come out and vote. The black vote may be diseffected and not vote after all of this.

66% of black people think Joe Biden would be a better president for addressing racial inequality. 10% Trump. The rest don't know/don't care. Similar numbers for black people for police reform.

If the "don't knows" don't show up or lean to Trump, Joe Biden is in big trouble. 66% looks great but those numbers need to be higher.

I'm getting the feeling trump will be a shoe in after all this..

When the wife is getting beaten like Trump has done to his before, then divorce is probably for the best.
    I didn't quote and ask you did I? Are you only for divorce in specific circumstances?
    You disapprove of wife beating, right?
    Yes I am. What a horribly insulting question to ask me.
    You are on the same level as Trump now imo.

Well you out it in your rage post like there was something wrong with divorce.

It doesn't really concern me what they are.

No, I think he uses everything as much as he can for his own self-interests. He's a horrible human being and worst POTUS in history.

You are similar to him the way you go on though.

It's ok, you're angry, I forgive you.

It's ok, you're angry, I forgive you.
    I'm not angry, just disgusted by your horrible posts.

• Advertisement

I'm not angry, just disgusted by your horrible posts.

Nah you're angry, I can feel it, fret not my child, I forgive you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement