Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,599 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Nah you're angry, I can feel it, fret not my child, I forgive you.

I'm starting to question your mental state now. I don't lie.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Overheal wrote: »
    If you think evangelicals are nice quiet and forgiving people you should go see what happens when one of their sons or daughters openly admits to dating outside of their race...

Or comes out as gay... I always laugh when I hear evangelicals being described as "deeply religious". They're about as far away from christian values as you can yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm starting to question your mental state now. I don't lie.

Question everything, it's the way to enlightenment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Of all the hills for Trumps diehards to die on citing Biden's dodgy sexual assault claim is an odd one given Trumps own repeated incidences.

But given they are Trump diehards its not suprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

pjohnson wrote: »
    Of all the hills for Trumps diehards to die on citing Biden's dodgy sexual assault claim is an odd one given Trumps own repeated incidences.

Zealots can't see any wrong in their chosen one, it's literally a case of do as I say not what I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

You seem to have completely missed the point. It involves hypocrisy from Biden, Democrats, and the Mainstream Media. When Brett Kavanaugh was accused by a woman who had sketchy details and couldn’t get one collaborating testimony, Biden was all about ‘Believe All Woman’ but now that a more credible claim of sexual abuse is made against him, Biden’s stance has become don’t believe all women, JUST BELIEVE ME (and no you can’t see what is in my archives). The same goes for the mainstream media and democrats who were on the same page as Biden back when the accusations were against Kavanaugh, but since sexual abuse accusations have now been made against Biden, it’s only trust women who make claims against republicans.

All we republicans want is the same attitudes from Biden, democrats, and the mainstream media as they had with Kavanaugh, or they should admit their shameless hypocrisy. What we want is equality. A congressional hearing for Kavanaugh should mean a congressional hearing for Biden, right? See, simple!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,612 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the scary thing is a lot of his supporters are dumb enough to swallow that.

The clearing of peaceful protestors for Trumps photo op was explicitly ordered by AG Barr

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/02/george-floyd-protests-live-updates/

Long past time for his resignation paper.

pjohnson wrote:
    I'd love if they kept pushing it tbh. Only chance Trump has is against Biden, anybody else and he's toast.

• Advertisement

notobtuse wrote:
    You seem to have completely missed the point. It involves hypocrisy from Biden, Democrats, and the Mainstream Media. When Brett Kavanaugh was accused by a woman who had sketchy details and couldn’t get one collaborating testimony, Biden was all about ‘Believe All Woman’ but now that a more credible claim of sexual abuse is made against him, Biden’s stance has become don’t believe all women, JUST BELIEVE ME (and no you can’t see what is in my archives). The same goes for the mainstream media and democrats who were on the same page as Biden back when the accusations were against Kavanaugh, but since sexual abuse accusations have now been made against Biden, it’s only trust women who make claims against republicans.
    Where are you getting that the accusation as more credible?
    I do agree though, the #metoo movement has now been shown to be a political stunt and not in favour of women.
    notobtuse wrote:
    All we republicans want is the same attitudes from Biden, democrats, and the mainstream media as they had with Kavanaugh, or they should admit their shameless hypocrisy. What we want is equality. A congressional hearing for Kavanaugh should mean a congressional hearing for Biden, right? See, simple!
    I gotta agree with this but shouldn't we have the same for Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

notobtuse wrote: »

This isn't even close to what happened. Do you honestly belive that this post is a genuine representation of reality?

I'd love if they kept pushing it tbh. Only chance Trump has is against Biden, anybody else and he's toast.

Americans don’t historically vote for Presidents who unleash the military on citizens. Add to that 40M unemployed, trade war, stronger China, stronger DPRK, stronger Russia, Stronger Iran, $5T of debt, hostile domestic atmosphere, unanswered subpoenas, and a wicked golf expense bill.

“Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?”

MadYaker wrote: »
    This isn't even close to what happened. Do you honestly belive that this post is a genuine representation of reality?

You will find this is a common theme.

Overheal wrote:
    Americans don’t historically vote for Presidents who unleash the military on citizens. Add to that 40M unemployed, trade war, stronger China, stronger DPRK, stronger Russia, Stronger Iran, $5T of debt, hostile domestic atmosphere, unanswered subpoenas, and a wicked golf expense bill.

“Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago?â€
    I know all this stuff, well I disagree that China will be stronger as I think they are going to suffer over covid-19 and disagree that North Korea is stronger.

I'm pointing out that Joe Biden is the weakest Democrat candidate in history, I'd love if somehow he wasn't the nominee and then we could all rest easy knowing it's going to be a landslide Democratic victory. We can't do that if Biden is the nominee.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I know all this stuff, well I disagree that China will be stronger as I think they are going to suffer over covid-19 and disagree that North Korea is stronger.

I'm pointing out that Joe Biden is the weakest Democrat candidate in history, I'd love if somehow he wasn't the nominee and then we could all rest easy knowing it's going to be a landslide Democratic victory. We can't do that if Biden is the nominee.
    Trump v Biden

Who do you hope wins?

Billy Mays wrote:
    Trump v Biden

Who do you hope wins?
    Neither.

I’m interested in hearing your argument for this thesis.

Biden is no spring chicken but he was the VP of a largely successful 2-term presidency.

Overheal wrote:
    I’m interested in hearing your argument for this thesis.
    I honestly think he'll fall apart in the debates.
    Overheal wrote:
    Biden is no spring chicken but he was the VP of a largely successful 2-term presidency.
    I'm a huge fan of Barack Obama the man, long before he was POTUS and will always be but I honestly thought he wasn't strong enough as President. Felt he needed to be tougher than he was.
    Too nice of a guy to be as tough as he needed to be and wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Neither.
    By neither you mean Trump

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

Everyone saw what happened yesterday with Trump made the situation worse. It's the hunger games over there now and bad for all concerned. 2020 literally on crack.

Where are you getting that the accusation as more credible?
    I do agree though, the #metoo movement has now been shown to be a political stunt and not in favour of women.

I gotta agree with this but shouldn't we have the same for Trump?
    Ford had no one able and no information to back up ANY of her claims. Reade had her mother’s call to CNN, her brother backing up her story from back then, and her roommate from back then, also a neighbor from back then, and even testimony included in her divorce hearing. I’d say that has far more credibility than what Ford had.

The thing with Trump accusations is the democrats let it all play out in the civil courts of law hoping for the worst possible outcome for Trump. It didn’t happen as democrats hoped and for them to say ‘well, since we didn’t get the outcome we wanted from the courts we’ll now go get the outcome we want from our own biased congressional hearings.’ Even the mainstream media would have a tough time spinning that one. I think the democrats instead figured they’d put all their eggs in the Russian/Collusion hoax and subsequent bogus impeachment basket.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

You see but they aren't pushing rape allegations against Biden, they're pushing for fairness and equal measures for Biden as there was for Kavanaugh.

notobtuse wrote: »
    Ford had no one able and no information to back up ANY of her claims. Reade had her mother’s call to CNN, her brother backing up her story from back then, and her roommate from back then, also a neighbor from back then, and even testimony included in her divorce hearing. I’d say that has far more credibility than what Ford had.

The thing with Trump accusations is the democrats let it all play out in the civil courts of law hoping for the worst possible outcome for Trump. It didn’t happen as democrats hoped and for them to say ‘well, since we didn’t get the outcome we wanted from the courts we’ll now go get the outcome we want from our own biased congressional hearings.’ Even the mainstream media would have a tough time spinning that one. I think the democrats instead figured they’d put all their eggs in the Russian/Collusion hoax and subsequent bogus impeachment basket.

When you take the Rose glasses off I’d like to remind you that the law and order President refused to let investigators rule out his DNA as being that on a stained dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

When you take the Rose glasses off I’d like to remind you that the law and order President refused to let investigators rule out his DNA as being that on a stained dress.
    its big picture law and order ;)

MadYaker wrote: »
    Well, that's what happened. You have different information?

its big picture law and order ;)

Oh that’s what I’ve been seeing all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Trump has armed guards fire teargas so he can go to church now that's what i call a right wing god

notobtuse wrote:
    It's a he said she said thing at best. I don't like how she has been treated because she is a possible victim but we'll never know for sure unfortunately.
    notobtuse wrote:

And what about the Epstein stuff? And Epstein's very suspect suicide? There's loads of stuff to have a congressional hearing over with Trump.

• Advertisement

Trump has armed guards fire teargas so he can go to church now that's what i call a right wing god
    The Secret Service fired teagas? When did this happen? The Secret Service are the only armed guards I know he has. Man, nobody tells me nothing!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement