Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

notobtuse wrote: »
    How so? Time to turn off the Trump hating MSNBC & CNN.

Because the dribblers who still blindly support him are listening and believing the absolute dangerous nonsense he is spouting.

Like I said, put the pom poms down, it's not funny anymore.

God help ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Terms like the "Chinese virus" and "wuflu" this is what it's doing to Asians..

https://i.imgur.com/JB1SUhw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

New York? The same New York with Democratic Party Mayor Bill de Blasio?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Boggles wrote: »
    Because the dribblers who still blindly support him are listening and believing the absolute dangerous nonsense he is spouting.

Like I said, put the pom poms down, it's not funny anymore.

God help ye.
    Hogwash! A devastated economy will be just as bad, if not worse, then the virus. All these business closing, stay-at-home decrees, and social distancing is meant to do is flatten the curve. We’ll all get it eventually. These draconian measures are being put in place so the health care system doesn’t need to deal with a spike in medial needs from COVID-19. The government just wants to make it that the health care profession has to deal with it in consistent form. If I could set the rules to deal with the pandemic for this country (which unfortunately I’m not) here is what I’d do in general terms:

• Everyone over 60, has a compromised immune system, or has respiratory problems... stay home until further notice.
    • Everyone who can work remotely from home... do so.
    • Businesses can stay open if they can ensure employees can maintain a 6 foot distance from each other. In addition, employers are required to provide N95 masks, gloves, and hand sanitizers to employees who work on site. All businesses, including eating establishments, can remain open as long as the establishment ensures customers maintain a distance of 6 feet or more.
    • Gatherings of over 20 people in close proximity is prohibited.
    • Anyone needing testing for COVID-19 will have it provided free of charge dependent upon the following: If you test positive and when you recover, you are required to give blood within 2 weeks so that your plasma (now containing anti-bodies against COVID-19) can be used to treat others.
    • Practice social distancing.
    Those measures will also accomplish a flattened curve and avoiding spikes. If we continue doing what is now being done and just open everything up at some point you will once again see a tremendous spike in medical needs.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

How many global pandemics have you dealt with?

Loony Tunes!

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

How many global pandemics have you dealt with?

Loony Tunes!

:rolleyes:
    And I'm sure if any of the democrats running for president would propose the same thing you'd think it was the greatest idea ever to deal with the pandemic and we should already start erecting statues to them.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Well, since Nancy Pelosi dropped the House's (controlled by democrats) coronavirus stimulus bil, after it was reported to the public she packed it with crazy liberal wish-list items that had nothing to do with the pandemic, the Senate (controlled by republicans) unanimously passed a $2 trillion coronavirus stimulus bill aimed at helping all Americans.

It just goes to prove Pelosi and House democrats gambled with Americans' lives and lost. Let’s hope Nancy stops playing politics for a day and passes this vital legislation so President Trump can sign it without any more of the democrat’s delays.

I guess democrats really don’t want to win the election, do they? Or do they think the voting public is plain stupid?

And I'm sure if any of the democrats running for president would propose the same thing you'd think it was the greatest idea ever to deal with the pandemic and we should already start erecting statues to them.

No.

Dumb is dumb, it will be called out as such.

God help ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Trump one month ago: "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done"

America now has 86,000 confirmed cases

The cretin genuinely believed he could outbluff a killer virus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭KilOit

The mind boggles how anyone with could be a fan of Trump after this, how are people defending him at this stage, i genuinely believe if Trump kept women in his basement and ate children these loony Trump fans would blame Democrats :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

KilOit wrote: »
    The mind boggles how anyone with could be a fan of Trump after this, how are people defending him at this stage, i genuinely believe if Trump kept women in his basement and ate children these loony Trump fans would blame Democrats :rolleyes:
    It's a cult, no doubt about it

Everything is black and white with them. You only have to read the posts on this thread. If you criticise the dear leader it's because you watch CNN and MSNBC. If you don't like Trump you automatically love Pelosi and the Democrats.

In the last couple of days Trump has said state governors should be nice to him if they want more federal help. He's basically willing to let Americans die unless he has his ego stroked.

Maybe the cultists will finally wake up when their friends and family start dying from COVID-19 due to his awful incompetency. I won't hold my breath though.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Billy Mays wrote: »
    It's a cult, no doubt about it

Everything is black and white with them. You only have to read the posts on this thread. If you criticise the dear leader it's because you watch CNN and MSNBC. If you don't like Trump you automatically love Pelosi and the Democrats.

In the last couple of days Trump has said state governors should be nice to him if they want more federal help. He's basically willing to let Americans die unless he has his ego stroked.

Maybe the cultists will finally wake up when their friends and family start dying from COVID-19 due to his awful incompetency. I won't hold my breath though.

They won't blame Trump, they will say it was "gods" will.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

This is a different situation to anything else that has happened in his presidency. It's not like DACA or when he signed the bill banning bump stocks or any of that stuff. Many of his supporters will literally be dying. Even the base will abandon him I think. Look at his rallies, it's all old fat white people.

It's killing him that he can't hold his hillbilly Nuremberg rallies anymore, absolutely killing him

He is telling his supporters the media are lying about the virus just to hurt his re-election chances.

Did anyone a short number of years ago think an American president would be that brazenly scrupulous and self serving during the time of a once in a generation global pandemic.

Like I said he isn't funny anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's killing him that he can't hold his hillbilly Nuremberg rallies anymore, absolutely killing him

Why do you think he's now started doing his Fox Town Halls on the grounds of the Whitehouse, surrounded by sycophants?

He is telling his supporters the media are lying about the virus just to hurt his re-election chances.

Did anyone a short number of years ago think an American president would be that brazenly scrupulous and self serving during the time of a once in a generation global pandemic.

Like I said he isn't funny anymore.
    Oh, bother.

Did anyone a short number of years ago ever believe a republican president would have the cajones to take on the corrupt media for their outright bias, lies, and agenda driven reporting?

According to a Gallup poll the media came in last place for their coronavirus handling. Almost every group the Gallup noted in the poll came up with positive approval ratings except for our media.
    Americans are generally positive in their evaluations of how each of nine leaders and institutions has handled the response to the coronavirus situation. Eight of the nine receive majority positive ratings — led by U.S. hospitals, at 88% approval. Only the news media gets a more negative than positive review.

gallup-covid-approval.png

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/03/26/gallup-guess-comes-last-place-coronavirus-handling/

A host at MSNBC’s said their greatest fear during the pandemic crisis is Trump’s rising poll numbers. So now MSNBC and CNN are considering not airing Trump’s daily coronavirus briefing. Gotta love our biased media… NOT!

And democrats are scared, also, as Nancy Pelosi tried getting into the coronavirus emergency stimulus a method where they could change the voting laws. Making sure democrats never lose an election going forward... EVER? How is that dealing with businesses going under and people not working due to the pandemic?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,762 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I can see Anthony Fauci resigning in the next few days.

Professionals and experts can only deal with Trump for so long because he is such a dumb ass.

"Everything open by Easter", lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Trump one month ago: "And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done"

America now has 86,000 confirmed cases

The cretin genuinely believed he could outbluff a killer virus

Surely people won't vote for him after how badly he has handled this whole pandemic, his fan boys aren't that stupid, are they

Sawduck wrote: »
    Surely people won't vote for him after how badly he has handled this whole pandemic, his fan boys aren't that stupid, are they

Read a couple of posts up.

• Advertisement

Sawduck wrote: »
    How exactly has he badly handled this whole pandemic? (Crystal balls, Ouija boards, and Zoltar Speaks machines do not count as confirmation)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Sawduck wrote:

His reelection still wouldn't surprise me

notobtuse wrote:
    How exactly has he badly handled this whole pandemic? (Crystal balls, Ouija boards, and Zoltar Speaks machines do not count as confirmation)

I can see Anthony Fauci resigning in the next few days.

Professionals and experts can only deal with Trump for so long because he is such a dumb ass.

"Everything open by Easter", lol
    Are you part of our biased media or just another poster living in Boggles Bubble? Why not trying the truth? It isn’t that difficult if you really try. What Trump said was he wants to begin lifting the current economic lockdown by Easter. He said his “goal is to ease the guidelines and open things up to very large sections of our country” and that “I hope we can do this by Easter,” but added that “our decision will be based on hard facts and data.”

What is wrong with that? Thank goodness an adult is running the country because Trump understands what his haters don't... The current lockdown is unsustainable!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,560 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Are you part of our biased media or just another poster living in Boggles Bubble? Why not trying the truth? It isn’t that difficult if you really try. What Trump said was he wants to begin lifting the current economic lockdown by Easter. He said his “goal is to ease the guidelines and open things up to very large sections of our country” and that “I hope we can do this by Easter,” but added that “our decision will be based on hard facts and data.”

What is wrong with that? Thank goodness an adult is running the country because Trump understands what his haters don't... The current lockdown is unsustainable!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Wrong he was advised to row back on his initial claim, now he is talking about certain counties that may have a lower risk and they may open before it was the whole country.

Do you live in the USA? The current lockdown is unsustainable from what point of view, the economy? Economies will recover they always do or unsustainable from a point of view of saving lives. What do you value more a human life such as your own, your wifes, your parents your children or the economy because thats where the choice is and we know where Trumps values lie. He couldnt care less if 1 million died as long as his economy is back up and running by next November.

ronoc wrote: »

People are concerned... SHOCK, HORROR, NEWS AT 11? Not at all shocking IMO the level amongst democrats given our biased media’s hysterical reporting and dem's love affair with them.

But Washington, DC (if that means Washington, DC and not the state... But the state does have reason to be concerned as their levels and lifestyle do warrant concerns) does have reason to be concerned. My youngest got the coronavirus in mid February. She’s a student at a large university in Washington, DC that has 26% international students... many of them from China and many who live on the same floor in her dorm. The city is filled with internationals and many are from the countries heavily hit with the coronavirus. She was in bed for a week and said it was the worst she felt in her life. She had gotten over it by the time I picked her up as the university closed down because of the number of students contracting COVID-19, and was no longer contagious at the time. But when I went to Washington I noticed there was still many people congregating together.

kilns wrote: »
    Wrong he was advised to row back on his initial claim, now he is talking about certain counties that may have a lower risk and they may open before it was the whole country.

Do you live in the USA? The current lockdown is unsustainable from what point of view, the economy? Economies will recover they always do or unsustainable from a point of view of saving lives. What do you value more a human life such as your own, your wifes, your parents your children or the economy because thats where the choice is and we know where Trumps values lie. He couldnt care less if 1 million died as long as his economy is back up and running by next November.
    Source?

Of course the economy is a major concern. The last time things were this bad it took 12 years to recover and a World War that cost 75 million lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭deaglan1

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)
    Not very likely to be a Coronation if he lets the good ole USA become the world's number one Corona Nation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Source?

Of course the economy is a major concern. The last time things were this bad it took 12 years to recover and a World War that cost 75 million lives.

So as I asked previously which do you value higher the ecomony or human life?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement