Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Ever see a more miserable looking First lady? She can't even hide it in front of the cameras, even when he tells her to smile...she can't stand him!

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1267848296481128448

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Also the bookies odds have shifted in the last 3 days, with PP Trump was 5/6 on but now he has shifted out to evens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Ever see a more miserable looking First lady? She can't even hide it in front of the cameras, even when he tells her to smile...she can't stand him!

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1267848296481128448

Watched terminator 2 recently.. the kid trying to get Arnie to be more human and relax/chill and showing him how to smile and Arnie failing miserably.. I wonder what's under Melania's skin

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Mod: @eagle eye, @Carfacemandog - quit it with the handbags, both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Donald Trump could become a transgender woman tomorrow and claim to be the first woman lesbian and transgender president and his evangelical Christian supporters would still find some way to justify his actions and their support for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,616 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Donald Trump could become a transgender woman tomorrow and claim to be the first woman lesbian and transgender president and his evangelical Christian supporters would still find some way to justify his actions and their support for him.

I thought he already was

6392b082-4b04-11ea-befc-ef9687daaa85_image_hires_142454.JPG

He looks like an old lady I used to know who lived in Rush! :D

This doesn’t look like an America I recognize. It’s not an America I would ever vote for more of.

https://twitter.com/eliclifton/status/1267962264872783873?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Overheal wrote: »
    This doesn’t look like an America I recognize. It’s not an America I would ever vote for more of.

Any monument you wouldn't mind them protecting?

Pretty much that whole area is dedicated to dead soldiers, my guess is those guys don't mind defending the area.

• Advertisement

HDMI wrote: »
    Any monument you wouldn't mind them protecting?

Pretty much that whole area is dedicated to dead soldiers, my guess is those guys don't mind defending the area.

half of them masked, like an occupying force. Against a bunch of unarmed protestors. Not very American. Not what those dead soldiers fought for.

half of them masked, like an occupying force. Against a bunch of unarmed protestors. Not very American. Not what those dead soldiers fought for.

As Chris Cuomo said earlier, come on people what do you expect there is a virus so the protesters wear face coverings. But a soldier wears one and looks like he is part of an occupying force?

As Chris Cuomo said earlier, come on people what do you expect there is a virus so the protesters wear face coverings. But a soldier wears one and looks like he is part of an occupying force?

That’s true.

It’s very bad optics though. Will show up in more than a few political ads.

That’s true.

It’s very bad optics though. Will show up in more than a few political ads.

I reckon once the election cycle gets into full flow it is going to be crazy, both candidates seem to suffer with foot in mouth disease.

Trump is Trump and will always have his nutty ups and downs but Joe Biden's crazy comments like shoot blacks in the legs if they have knives is gonna come back and bite him in the ass.

So much fodder for bad optics, honestly I can't see how Joe Biden survives a one on one debate against Trump. Biden can't really use the race card because he had 8 years with Obama and I think that administration set back race relations.

I think if the election was tomorrow Biden would be a shoe in. I’ve seen others feel quite oppositely. So who knows. It may well hinge on some other news within the next 5 months.

I think if the election was tomorrow Biden would be a shoe in. I’ve seen others feel quite oppositely. So who knows. It may well hinge on some other news within the next 5 months.

The polls are already at odds with each other, I believe an ABC poll earlier today put Biden only 4 points ahead. Another poll yesterday said 10 points but really polls mean nothing over here, especially after the last election.

A republican flipping a seat in central LA the first since 1998 has to scare the Democrats. Not sure if you remember Reagan in his later years when his mind was going. I think Biden is already loosing his marbles so it will be about who takes the presidency when he can no longer fill the position. Hard to believe the best the Democrats have is Joe Biden, to me it's all about who he chooses are his running mate if not Trump is a shoe in.

WOOT: Rep. Steve King is OUT. He has been primaried, according to breaking reports.

The swamp truly has drained one of its filthiest clumps of racist shower trap muck. Good riddance.

Iowa has (finally) made a clear rebuke against racism.

He won't be missed, it's time for these provocateurs and race baiters on both sides to go.

The polls are already at odds with each other, I believe an ABC poll earlier today put Biden only 4 points ahead. Another poll yesterday said 10 points but really polls mean nothing over here, especially after the last election.

A republican flipping a seat in central LA the first since 1998 has to scare the Democrats. Not sure if you remember Reagan in his later years when his mind was going. I think Biden is already loosing his marbles so it will be about who takes the presidency when he can no longer fill the position. Hard to believe the best the Democrats have is Joe Biden, to me it's all about who he chooses are his running mate if not Trump is a shoe in.

I don’t think losing the 1 seat is that shocking to them. In 2018 they swept up Regan Country, actually.

I think as crazy as 2020 is and how crazy Trumps presidency has been, especially with regards to splitting hairs about presidential authority and the constitution.. I think Biden could pick Obama as his VP. And it would be perfectly constitutional, when one reads the constitution as written it only limits being elected to the presidency for 2 terms, it does not use language to exclude a Vice President from being sworn into the position under succession or 25A.

If that sounds far fetched remember that Russia has used and made loopholes to keep Putin in power, legally, way longer than Russians originally thought their new constitution would allow. And the term limits for President only were introduced after WW2. It wouldn’t be extraordinary for it to be a valid loophole. The pair of them would be a no brainer, the election wouldn’t be decided in the polls it would be decided in the Supreme Court, by a 5-4 majority of justices who don’t take kindly to liberal interpretations of the constitution that aren’t expressly written there ;)

Can't see Obama sticking his neck that far out for a Biden presidency, wouldn't put it past Hilary Clinton to run though. My gut says a black female running mate, if things get desperate maybe Michele Obama might throw her hat in the ring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Trumps bizarre church visit seems to have backfired, even Fox News are giving him a bit of stick for it.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Trumps bizarre church visit seems to have backfired, even Fox News are giving him a bit of stick for it.

Never known any politician to miss out on a potential photo op.

Totally backfired on Eliot Engel earlier with a hot mike at a news conference against local vandalism.

“If I didn't have a primary, I wouldn’t care,” the New York Democrat told Ruben Diaz Jr., the Bronx borough president, as he asked for time to speak at a news conference on local vandalism.

Never known any politician to miss out on a potential photo op.

Totally backfired on Eliot Engel earlier with a hot mike at a news conference against local vandalism.

“If I didn't have a primary, I wouldn’t care,” the New York Democrat told Ruben Diaz Jr., the Bronx borough president, as he asked for time to speak at a news conference on local vandalism.

Yeah I saw that. What a toolbag

• Registered Users Posts: 12,117 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Biden is someone I don't like, and he was probably the 3rd worst choice from the democrat primaries ( Bloomberg and Pete the absolute worst)...but the US public have liked him for decades and he has just came of a resounding primary win v Bernie.

2016 was the election where people had enough of the status quo and Trump was the ideal candidate, however since then its been the revenge of the normie dem,,,look at 2018 where it was the moderate Dems not the AOC types who took back the house.

Biden is a bit like Boris in the UK, online people can spend centuries going picking apart their careers but they both have that likability gene that connects with normal people and why both have spent a vast majority of their careers winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

A leak came out only a few days ago, that on top of the two dozen (I think it is?) sexual assault allegations against Trump, and Trump bragging about sexual assault on camera, and Trump bragging about inviting himself in and perving on naked underage girls backstage at his beauty pageants, that Donald Trump was a co-defendant alongside Jeffrey Epstein for violently raping a 13 year old girl in the 1990s.
    What is your opinion on these facts

Ya but about 'sleepy joe' don't you know he's got dementia? And he's a fiddler didn't you know
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

Biden can't really use the race card because he had 8 years with Obama and I think that administration set back race relations.

What? Obama set back race relations more than an administration where there have been the biggest race riots and civil disobedience in 50 years! Or do you mean set back race relations by being so uppity as getting elected as an African American?

Mehapoy wrote: »
    What? Obama set back race relations more than an administration where there have been the biggest race riots and civil disobedience in 50 years! Or do you mean set back race relations by being so uppity as getting elected as an African American?

Trump didn't kill George Floyd and didn't cause the riots, no more than Obama killed Eric Garner, Michael brown, Freddy Gray, Sandra Bland, Tamir Rice.

Obama and Biden had 8 years and he still done nothing for Chicago his own district. They done nothing for prison reform nor made any difference to black unemployment.

And your second comment is just race baiting and shows your ignorance by just assuming my skin color.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trump didn't kill George Floyd and didn't cause the riots, no more than Obama killed Eric Garner, Michael brown, Freddy Gray, Sandra Bland, Tamir Rice.

Obama and Biden had 8 years and he still done nothing for Chicago his own district. They done nothing for prison reform nor made any difference to black unemployment.

And your second comment is just race baiting and shows your ignorance by just assuming my skin color.

That not true though.

That not true though.

Which part?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Which part?

“black unemployment came under President Barack Obama, when it fell from a recession high of 16.8 percent in March 2010 to 7.8 percent in January 2017.”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement