Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

notobtuse wrote: »
    Should I play your silly game and demand absolute proof he wasn't inspecting the bunker?

Face it, your Twitter tough guy is really just a scared, spoiled brat. Talks tough, turns out to be the worlds number one hide and seek champion.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,617 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Economically speaking Trump has actually been an excellent president

Not actually.

Haven’t seen 3% GDP. That was their hallmark. That’s why they said Obama was a loser. Because 3% GDP. It never happened for Trump. And oh, he tried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Overheal wrote: »
    Not actually.

Haven’t seen 3% GDP. That was their hallmark. That’s why they said Obama was a loser. Because 3% GDP. It never happened for Trump. And oh, he tried.

What was Obama's gdp figures.

I can hear you googling furiously

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

They're all here https://www.bea.gov/data/gdp/gross-domestic-product

What was Obama's gdp figures

In some years and quarters they were better than what Trump has seen.

I guess now we can even compare negative growth quarters, soon. Q2 may shrink by as much as 53%. :eek:

• Advertisement

So if you want to be a dick and have some point to make look up the figures yourself. Won’t entertain you.

In some years and quarters they were better than what Trump has seen.

I guess now we can even compare negative growth quarters, soon. Q2 may shrink by as much as 53%. :eek:

Trumps Trump's figures overall are better.
    Also
    If you are using a global pandemic (which has shut the world down) as a stick to criticise Trumps economy that would be fairly pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

notobtuse wrote: »
    Do you ever actually listen to the stupid $hit Joe Biden says or just go on what the democrat media handmaidens report? He just claimed "I was running against the whole Democratic Party that had turned, as you remember, really hard right back in those days." Huh? I remember 1972 when the democrats ran George McGovern for president who was probably the furthest left candidate ever. Joe Biden of course was a pretty mainstream Democrat back then. So, does Biden not actually remember 1972, or is he just a pathological liar?

Jesus Christ. How Trump fans have the gall to throw insults like this at Joe Biden never ceases to amaze me, given who they support.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

40 million unemployed? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Also
    If you are using a global pandemic (which has shut the world down) as a stick to criticise Trumps economy that would be fairly pathetic.

Pathetic how? Clearly you are including Obamas numbers during the housing crisis. Tit for tat.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »
    40 million unemployed? :pac::pac::pac::pac:

Even before that his job growth numbers trailed Obamas.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Here's the GDP figures for Bush, Obama and Trump

5d7f739e2e22af106b7f4a9a-1136-852.png

Here's the unemployment figures - Check out how Trumps policies really shifted the needle there.

5e271c7624306a51561e75e7-1136-852.png

Or how about the Trade balance - I mean Trumps been all about those Trade deals right??

5d7f76cf2e22af123c534a04-1136-852.png

Or the Federal deficit , that Trump said he'd wipe out ?

5ddd33ccfd9db2267f31a477-1136-852.png

So Obama spent his way out of a recession - An Economically sensible and widely accepted policy and was showing a general decline in the deficit YoY , then Trump takes over a rising Economy and increases the deficit - What Economic policy is he following there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Also

If Trump is taking credit for the growth in the economy till now then I guess he should also take responsibility for how its going to pan out this year...

Pathetic how? Clearly you are including Obamas numbers during the housing crisis. Tit for tat.

Lol. I'm using Obama's 2nd term as it is back to back presidency figures.

Next you'll be blaming Trump for the coronavirus itself. Sure why not says you. I have a good measure of you now.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Here's the GDP figures for Bush, Obama and Trump

5d7f739e2e22af106b7f4a9a-1136-852.png

Here's the unemployment figures - Check out how Trumps policies really shifted the needle there.

5e271c7624306a51561e75e7-1136-852.png

Or how about the Trade balance - I mean Trumps been all about those Trade deals right??

5d7f76cf2e22af123c534a04-1136-852.png

Or the Federal deficit , that Trump said he'd wipe out ?

5ddd33ccfd9db2267f31a477-1136-852.png

So Obama spent his way out of a recession - An Economically sensible and widely accepted policy and was showing a general decline in the deficit YoY , then Trump takes over a rising Economy and increases the deficit - What Economic policy is he following there?

Excellent post tyvm

Next you'll be blaming Trump for the coronavirus itself. Sure why not says you. I have a good measure of you now.

How does one blame Trump for a virus existing?

You appear to want to lock horns on some personal level. I’m not here for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

My favourite part of BUNKERGATE is that he apparently said he'd been there two and half times. :pac: Please tell me there's a Press Conference soon so he can address the Bunker Boy remarks.

https://twitter.com/Yamiche/status/1268178374733725696

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

No he hasn't, sure he stoked an already growing economy, but he cut necessary regulations (you know the stuff that keeps the water drinkable and the stockmarket functionong) and the tax base.

Neither of these two things are excellent economically speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,359 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

His latest lie is he was just "inspecting " the bunker.

Lol, his PR people have the most thankless task on the planet.

After the disinfection saga, the least damaging response would have been the truth. I asked a silly question coming from a lack of medical knowledge, but hey I did say" I'm not a doctor, ask them".

Instead he claims that he was just being sarcastic. Obvious lie and only made it worse.

And here, the easy answer is - The Secret Service felt it was appropriate to lock down because of the violence outside.

But no, "I was just doing a routine inspection, ya know, checklists and all..."

Some poor sod is banging his/her head off a wall after that one.

No he hasn't, sure he stoked an already growing economy, but he cut necessary regulations (you know the stuff that keeps the water drinkable and the stockmarket functionong) and the tax base.

Neither of these two things are excellent economically speaking.

And there are still tariffs which the next POTUS will need to lift. Trumps has played wild games with the economy trying to artificially inflate the DOW. Had to bail out farmers just to keep face.

• Advertisement

How does one blame Trump for a virus existing?

You appear to want to lock horns on some personal level. I’m not here for that.

Why not?

You are posting almost 24/7 across 3 threads. I'm sure you could fit me in.

Economically speaking Donald Trump has been an excellent president.

Ah I see he is sending Kayleigh out now. Should be out soon. Will be good, but not as good when he does them himself!

It's been a few days since any Q and A with him and journalists hasn't it?

Obviously linking non MSM so no one starts crying bias.

Brought to you LIVE and DIRECT from the White House. Law and order incoming

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Ah I see he is sending Kayleigh out now. Should be out soon. Will be good, but not as good when he does them himself!

It's been a few days since any Q and A with him and journalists hasn't it?

Obviously linking non MSM so no one starts crying bias.

Brought to you LIVE and DIRECT from the White House. Law and order incoming

Absolute madness to have someone employed as press secretary to be addressing the press. Don't know what's going on there.
    Anyway let's watch and see

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

And you're still wrong.

Trump’s Economic Growth Is Slower Than Obama’s Last 3 Years
    The U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis released its first estimate for the December quarter and it shows the economy growing at 2.1%. For 2019 GDP growth was 2.3%, which is down from 2.9% in 2018 and just below 2.4% in 2017, Trump’s first year in office.

Over the 12 quarters Trump has been President only four of them have had GDP growth over 3% and six of the quarter’s growth was 2.3% or lower. And for the past three quarters GDP growth has been 2.0%, 2.1% and 2.1%, respectively. This is a far cry from Trump’s claim that the economy could growth 4%, 5% or maybe even 6% when he was President.

Trump has hit some "high point" figures , but his % Growth/Change numbers for every single typical Economic Indicator are worse than those of his predecessors.

Trump's economy is like the last leg of a relay race - When he got the baton the previous guy had given him a half lap lead. Just because Trump crossed the finish line doesn't mean it was his work that won the race. I mean he deserves credit for not tripping over his own feet , but he didn't do much for the win.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    And you're still wrong.

Trump’s Economic Growth Is Slower Than Obama’s Last 3 Years

Trump has hit some "high point" figures , but his % Growth/Change numbers for every single typical Economic Indicator are worse than those of his predecessors.

Trump's economy is like the last leg of a relay race - When he got the baton the previous guy had given him a half lap lead. Just because Trump crossed the finish line doesn't mean it was his work that won the race. I mean he deserves credit for not tripping over his own feet , but he didn't do much for the win.

So your last paragraph says he did do better but only because of someone else before him.
    This is painful

Absolute madness to have someone employed as press secretary to be addressing the press.

I know he did give that impression in the past. But seems to have tired of them during Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,623 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Yes, and up is down and left is right. There. Fixed your reality for you.

What boll0cks. Worst economy in history. Massive unemployment. Bread lines. 100k+ dead.

Enormous hikes to the deficit incoming (once the multiple-trillions spent on stimulus factor into the budget.)

Economically speaking, you're talking sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,623 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I know he did give that impression in the past. But seems to have tired of them during Covid.

TBF I do prefer press secretarys that hold regular conferences than those that never did (Stephanie Grisham) or eventually, every 100 days or so (SHS.)

Why not?

You are posting almost 24/7 across 3 threads. I'm sure you could fit me in.

Any reason for not addressing the post that in detail covered his terrible handling of the economy?

• Advertisement

So your last paragraph says he did do better but only because of someone else before him.
    This is painful

Are you being willfully obtuse?

He took over a growing economy ,which has continued to grow albeit at a slower rate than any other President in the last 40 years (except GWB).

So , whilst he hadn't quite broken it prior to the Pandemic not one of his Policies did anything to change the upward trajectory of the figures - He slowed them down for sure , but he didn't accelerate them or "Build the Greatest economy the world has ever seen" or any of the other utterly ridiculous hyperbole that you hear from him and his surrogates.

Trumps economic performance is mediocre at best.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement