Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Are you being willfully obtuse?

He took over a growing economy ,which has continued to grow albeit at a slower rate than any other President in the last 40 years (except GWB).

So , whilst he hadn't quite broken it prior to the Pandemic not one of his Policies did anything to change the upward trajectory of the figures - He slowed them down for sure , but he didn't accelerate them or "Build the Greatest economy the world has ever seen" or any of the other utterly ridiculous hyperbole that you hear from him and his surrogates.

Trumps economic performance is mediocre at best.

Gdp was never higher , the stock market hit new highs and unemployment was at its lowest in 60 years.

Economically speaking Donald Trump has been an excellent president

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,671 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Gdp was never higher , the stock market hit new highs and unemployment was at its lowest in 60 years.

I give up....

Let's imagine 2 people - You give one of them 2 quid and tell them to try to make some money , and you give the other one 8 quid and tell him the same.

The 1st one comes back with 8 quid , so he's Quadrupled his stake.

The 2nd one comes back with 10 quid , so he has the MOST money.

Which one did the better job??????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I feel you need a short lesson in Economics, but to be real I think you need a short lesson in Numbers and how they work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

The sell out is back out for the press briefing.
    She doesn't believe a word she is saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Trump just needs to show this a few times to make an impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

How's the deficit doing since The Donald got elected?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,601 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Jesus Christ. How Trump fans have the gall to throw insults like this at Joe Biden never ceases to amaze me, given who they support.
    I'm not a Trump fan and I've come away from listening to Biden on many occasions wondering what he was talking about because it didn't make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,604 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm not a Trump fan and I've come away from listening to Biden on many occasions wondering what he was talking about because it didn't make any sense.

And on the flip side of that

I'm not a Biden fan and I've come away from listening to Trump on many occasions wondering what he was talking about because it didn't make any sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,617 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Of course the net GDP was higher. Even if you limp the economy forward at 0.1% growth, you can still shout every quarter about the GDP being the highest in history. It’s not saying anything of worth.

And on the flip side of that

I'm not a Biden fan and I've come away from listening to Trump on many occasions wondering what he was talking about because it didn't make any sense.
    So basically you are the same as me then and don't want to see either of them in the White House?

• Advertisement

Have a look at this speech from yesterday - 10 minutes long. Watch it in the context of Trump's press conferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

So basically you are the same as me then and don't want to see either of them in the White House?

But it has to be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,623 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Overheal wrote: »
    Of course the net GDP was higher. Even if you limp the economy forward at 0.1% growth, you can still shout every quarter about the GDP being the highest in history. It’s not saying anything of worth.

Give it enough time and a long enough Depression, and the net GDP will drop, too.

Arguing economics with #IMPOTUS supporters like you are doing is a waste of effort. They could care less about the economy. They're just mindless parrots.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

So the summary of Kayleigh's presser was that the Police are great.

Some touching stories of Officers who have been sadly killed. (one of them the same age as me, very sad stories I agree). But I think it's clear they don't agree with where the protestors are coming from anyway, even the peaceful ones. I don't see a solution to this stand off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Jesus Christ. How Trump fans have the gall to throw insults like this at Joe Biden never ceases to amaze me, given who they support.
    So we have one pathological or serial liar running against another pathological or serial liar? Seems the lying thing cancels itself out.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,617 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Igotadose wrote: »
    Give it enough time and a long enough Depression, and the net GDP will drop, too.

Arguing economics with #IMPOTUS supporters like you are doing is a waste of effort. They could care less about the economy. They're just mindless parrots.

I find it good sport for keeping my points of discussion polished and sharpened.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Overheal wrote: »

On the stock market though, the Dow was at about 19,000 when he took over and had gone as high as 29,000 before Covid. On the face of it, that's remarkable given that it had grown for 6-7 years at a similarly rapid pace under Obama from a very low base after the financial crash. I don't like Trump but he can point to the market as one sign of how well he did economically.

How he influenced that growth is another question. The Corporate Tax Cut did fuel some of the growth though to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Pretty much anything not just economics.

Trump is the leader and anything he says is true. Kim Jong Un must be jealous with the level of adoration Trumpy gets! If Trump says it it is a fact. End off. All other sources automatically invalid.

Have a look at this speech from yesterday - 10 minutes long. Watch it in the context of Trump's press conferences.
    I've no intention of watching that. Live debates are where it's at to see how a person really is.

Yes, and up is down and left is right. There. Fixed your reality for you.

What boll0cks. Worst economy in history. Massive unemployment. Bread lines. 100k+ dead.

Enormous hikes to the deficit incoming (once the multiple-trillions spent on stimulus factor into the budget.)

Economically speaking, you're talking sh1te.

You might not know but there is a global pandemic going on.

• Advertisement

MadYaker wrote:
    But it has to be one of them.
    Doesn't have to be Biden just yet, never give up.

No no, you and I are nothing alike.

notobtuse wrote: »
    So we have one pathological or serial liar running against another pathological or serial liar? Seems the lying thing cancels itself out.

What's your thoughts on Trump committing voter fraud?

I've no intention of watching that. Live debates are where it's at to see how a person really is.

So when you said this:

"I've come away from listening to Biden on many occasions wondering what he was talking about because it didn't make any sense."

You were lying. Okay.

So when you said this:
    "I've come away from listening to Biden on many occasions wondering what he was talking about because it didn't make any sense."
    You were lying. Okay.
    It was during the live democratic nominee debates. I watched all of them.
    I expect an apology for that last line.

The dow hit 29,000 at one stage after making higher and higher records.

A strong stock market shows confidence in an economy. It affects every person living in the country.

The stock market never saw such highs. Coupled with 60 year low unemployment rate really shows how good the economy had become under Trump.

The dow hit 29,000 at one stage after making higher and higher records.

A strong stock market shows confidence in an economy. It affects every person living in the country.

The stock market never saw such highs. Coupled with 60 year low unemployment rate really shows how good the economy had become under Trump.

How's the deficit doing since Trump got elected?

notobtuse wrote: »

It was during the live democratic nominee debates. I watched all of them.
    I expect an apology for that last line.

I'd apologise if I believed you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I have no idea what you're going on about.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement