Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

kilns wrote: »
    So as I asked previously which do you value higher the ecomony or human life?
    A stupid question that didn't really warrant an answer. But if you must... I value human life. But I know the quality of human life depends on the strength of the economy. You might consider a dog-eat-dog, every-man-for-himself, and survival-of-the-fittest lifestyle kinda appealing, that a failed economy would bring about, but I would wager most wouldn't.

Your turn to answer the question. Don't chicken out.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

notobtuse wrote: »
    A stupid question that didn't really warrant an answer. But if you must... I value human life. But I know the quality of human life depends on the strength of the economy. You might consider a dog-eat-dog, every-man-for-himself, and survival-of-the-fittest lifestyle kinda appealing, that a failed economy would bring about, but I would wager most wouldn't.

Your turn to answer the question. Don't chicken out.

So you would favour the country reopening to save the ecomony from a survival of the fittest economy by sacrificing a few lives

To your source simple, in his recent town hall he called for all churches around the country to be open and packed and said wouldnt it be beautiful and the very next day row back on that stating that it would be certain pockets only like the farmbelt and parts of Texas.

edit: I would just like to add a point that where you state the quality of human life depends on the strength of an ecomony. The US has had a strong ecomony now for a long time so why are people still suffering and denied basic human rights when it comes to stuff like health care

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

At this point I am just convinced he is on troll.

No one could be that fúcking stupid.

There was only 15 cases of the Coronavirus by February 20th in the US, I strongly doubt that user's daughter was one of first cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,590 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

There was only 15 cases of the Coronavirus by February 20th in the US, I strongly doubt that user's daughter was one of first cases.

Not a chance but he will claim it because he wants you to believe it,

Same as we are to believe one is a Republican and considering running for office while the other is a Democrat:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

kilns wrote: »
    So you would favour the country reopening to save the ecomony from a survival of the fittest economy by sacrificing a few lives

To your source simple, in his recent town hall he called for all churches around the country to be open and packed and said wouldnt it be beautiful and the very next day row back on that stating that it would be certain pockets only like the farmbelt and parts of Texas.

edit: I would just like to add a point that where you state the quality of human life depends on the strength of an ecomony. The US has had a strong ecomony now for a long time so why are people still suffering and denied basic human rights when it comes to stuff like health care
    Did he really CALL for all churches around the country to be opened and packed on Easter? Please show me this. In addition if he was noting churches that relates to 'everything' in your book?

Please show me a country, any country, that doesn't sacrifice lives for the economy. Please show me where any country will provide a heart transplant, liver transplant, kidney transplant, etc, to EVERYONE, or the most expensive drugs imaginable to EVERYONE in need?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Did he really CALL for all churches around the country to be opened and packed on Easter? Please show me this. In addition if he was noting churches that relates to 'everything' in your book?

Please show me a country, any country, that doesn't sacrifice lives for the economy. Please show me where any country will provide a heart transplant, liver transplant, kidney transplant, etc, to EVERYONE, or the most expensive drugs imaginable to EVERYONE in need?

It is implicit, in his expressing his desire to see it happen. Also, by virtue of his position and the office he holds, expressing his desire has the same practical effect as a 'call' for something to happen

Her $13,000 hospital bill begs to differ.

Hunchback wrote: »
    It is implicit, in his expressing his desire to see it happen. Also, by virtue of his position and the office he holds, expressing his desire has the same practical effect as a 'call' for something to happen
    'Desire' is a whole other ball of wax.

Where’s Joe Biden been? After that disastrous live show he put on regarding COVID-19 and what HE would do (which just so happens to be pretty much what Trump HAD already done) I guess the DNC thinks it best to keep Joe tucked away and out of sight in his bizarre coronavirus bunker. I did see he started making the rounds on media friendly shows like The View the other day, but after stating on the show that a coronavirus cure will make the problem worse, perhaps his handlers think talk shows are too much for him, also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

When he was speaking, he was going on like it was "a sign" Easter weekend "perfect timing" to start relaxing things so people could pack churches and go worship. We know Donnie loves the ould Bible.

It's amazing how many times the man needs to make clear what he actually means, instead of saying it once and that's it.. it's as if he's waiting to see the reaction then go from there. The reaction to his first comments weren't good so he then "clarifies" things by telling people he didn't mean all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Did he really CALL for all churches around the country to be opened and packed on Easter?

He said it was a timeline that he was "aiming at / thinking about" as it would be a "beautiful time" but that he "wasn't sure" that would be the date.

Essentially he was just trying to keep the country optimistic and no doubt will listen to whatever advice he is given from the task force over the coming weeks.

In other words: nothing to see here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Sweden's Gov. advice at the beginning of their didn't get off to a great start either. The message only went out in Swedish which left some elderly immigrants in the dark apparently. So their Iranian and Somalia population took a heavy whacking. 5 out of the first 15 deaths were Somalian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Trumpers and their lack of self awareness :pac:

Daddy's put on a disastrous live show in front of the cameras every day of the week since this whole thing started ffs

Fauci and Birx (the actual experts on all of this) visibly squirming as he spouts his daily dose of bullsh!t

"the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero"

Same as we are to believe one is a Republican and considering running for office while the other is a Democrat:rolleyes:

The republican daughter IS a politician currently dealing with the issues to the community brought about by the pandemic. They are in the process of building two new hospitals in her community and the old hospital is in the process of being converted to other needs/functions. Unfortunately the old hospital has stopped many procedures and types of care and people are having to be sent to hospitals 30 miles away. As she recently texted me... 'no protocol set up for something like this, so we are making it up as we go.'

The youngest is a registered democrat and hard-core liberal (aka young and foolish). But I see some hope... she recently said she detests Trump but the democrats are not offering her any worthwhile choices, so she doesn't know how she will vote in November.

He said it was a timeline that he was "aiming at / thinking about" as it would be a "beautiful time" but that he "wasn't sure" that would be the date.

Essentially he was just trying to keep the country optimistic and no doubt will listen to whatever advice he is given from the task force over the coming weeks.

In other words: nothing to see here.

I really need to get me one of those 'Trump Translators' some posters here seem to have. It must be an amazing thing.

Trump: 'We have a beautiful strong military'
    Trump Translator: 'Trump declares war on Russia'

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Trumpers and their lack of self awareness :pac:

Funny, but I think it's the other way around, but anyway, against my better judgement I'll respond to the following nonsense:
    "the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero"

The 'zero' in that Trump quote was referring to the deaths within the "original 15" infections. He was not claiming, as you are scurrilously suggesting, that there would be zero cases of the coronavirus in the States going forward.

That quote, by the way, was taken from an interview on Feb 26th and here's another quote from it. When asked if he thinks the virus will spread further:
    It possibly will. It could be at a very small level or it could be at a larger level. Whatever happens, we’re totally prepared. We have the best people in the world. You see that from the study. We have the best prepared people, the best people in the world.

Congress is willing to give us much more than we’re even asking for. That’s nice for a change. But we are totally ready, willing, and able. It’s a term that we use. It’s “ready, willing, and able.” And we have — we have — it’s going to be very well under control.

Now, it may get bigger, it may get a little bigger. It may not get bigger at all. We’ll see what happens. But regardless of what happens, we are totally prepared.

Sure doesn't sound to me like he is saying that there will be "zero" cases from that day on but no doubt you'll keep posting that quote out of context nevertheless. Same thing happened with his Charlottesville presser remarks of course. The left like to take a line, quote it totally out of context, so they can pretend he has said something which he hasn't.

Four weeks before that interview, at the end of Jan, the Trump administration put travel restrictions from China in place, declared a public health emergency and established the coronavirus task force with some of the top experts from around the world.

What was the Democratic Presidential candidate doing at that time?

Suggesting Trump's a racist:

https://twitter.com/JustinPulitzer/status/1240821941306634241

I really need to get me one of those 'Trump Translators' some posters here seem to have. It must be an amazing thing.

What's your thoughts on his listing people who were on the call the other day? Why was he waffling about Tom Brady? Did that sound like an intelligent man taking the lead amid a national crisis to you?

Yes he did I am sure you were glued to his Fox News town hall where he said those exact words, its always the thing with Trump he is very easy to quote and yet he and his supporters try to always back track.

wow show me a country that will take a conscience decision to prioritise its economy over a the life a person. Why is it only the US which are talking about getting the country back to business rather than cocentrating its full efforts into defeating the pandemic. Its ironic you talk about the most expensive drugs imaginable, I wonder which country rips off their citizens with the price of drugs.

Well to be fair he has vocab of a 5 year old so like 5 year olds you have to try and interpret what he is trying to say

• Advertisement

What's your thoughts on his listing people who were on the call the other day? Why was he waffling about Tom Brady? Did that sound like an intelligent man taking the lead amid a national crisis to you?
    Sorry, didn't see it.

Sorry, didn't see it.

Here you go, watch the 1st 6 minutes of that and then please explain why you think that rambling idiot is a good president.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/26/watch_live_trump_and_coronavirus_task_force_briefing_from_white_house.html

Her $13,000 hospital bill begs to differ.

So you're claiming she was one of the fifteen cases?

So you're claiming she was one of the fifteen cases?
    Only claiming she had it in February.

Only claiming she had it in February.

You said mid February, that's a little.more specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Here you go, watch the 1st 6 minutes of that and then please explain why you think that rambling idiot is a good president.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2020/03/26/watch_live_trump_and_coronavirus_task_force_briefing_from_white_house.html

Why does he pronounce country's names incorrectly, slash, in such an odd manner?

It's like he is coming across them as words for the very first time in his life. Like a 5 year old trying to learn how to read.

amdublin wrote: »
    Why does he pronounce country's names incorrectly, slash, in such an odd manner?

It's like he is coming across them as words for the very first time in his life. Like a 5 year old trying to learn how to read.

Its obvious that someone has had to spell them out phonetically for him and he is trying to read them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Its obvious that someone has had to spell them out phonetically for him and he is trying to read them.

That's a very beautiful thing. He has the best people on his team

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

This whole thing is a little different from the usual stuff that he's had to deal with.

Previously, his rake-stepping had less tangible consequences - for example, the Mueller investigation didn't affect peoples' ability to put food on the table. With this one, his success or failure can be measured a bit more clearly in terms of corpses. I understand that he has a large disinformation network, whether it's FOX, OANN or our own Trump-Diviners who explain what Trump really meant but you can't really mask over peoples' grannies, sons, daughters, spouses colleagues and acquaintances dying needlessly.

This won't be over by Easter and Trump's performance will be measurable in real, tangible numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I think they should be appreciative... I say Mike, don't call the governor of Washington. You're wasting your time with him. Don't call the woman in Michigan. It doesn't make any difference what happens. You know what I say? If they don't treat you right, I don't call.
    Letting people die because their state governor was mean to him icon14.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement