Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Preparing for a Presidential election I'd imagine.
    More accurately in his underground basement bunker being prepped by his wife for when they allowed him on camera.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

notobtuse wrote: »
    Yeah, vote for Joe the Coward. Do nothing is accurate.

Such a leader? As riots have crippled the country where has Biden been? I know he might have mentioned the riots in passing but where are his calls to condemn the mayhem, the looting, the burning of buildings and property, the attacks on innocent citizens, and the murdering of police officers trying to keep the peace? What has Joe said about all the small businesses destroyed and the damage done to the inner city neighborhoods? I guess Joe is just fine with innocent citizens and police officers being maimed and killed merely because they are stuck between violent rioters and feckless Democrat politicians who run those cities and states?

Joe the Coward says nothing because of his sleazy political ambitions and he doesn’t want to offend the Black community. Joe is not a leader and should never be our president. He thinks he deserves to become president because he spent so many years in government offices merely being present. Yeah, right, we need a leader and Biden is no leader!

Joe must go!

the irony of a cadet bonespurs supporter calling anybody else a coward is lost on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

More accurately in his underground basement bunker being prepped by his wife for when they allowed him on camera.

The ironic thing is he could stay in a bunker until November and most likely will win as Trumps divide and conquer policy is not working and driving more people away from him

the irony of a cadet bonespurs supporter calling anybody else a coward is lost on you.
    Trump didn't call him that, I, as a voter, did. And yes, if Biden wants to lead the country he shouldn't be hiding from the riots.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,612 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Where has Joe been for several months?

Meeting with church leaders and limiting the spread of a pandemic virus

00unrest-briefing-biden-videoSixteenByNine3000-v2.jpg

And he is been out among the people making sure their voices are heard and that they matter

5ed4554d3f73704e5e052ff5?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Any other feckless questions?

• Advertisement

kilns wrote: »
    The ironic thing is he could stay in a bunker until November and most likely will win as Trumps divide and conquer policy is not working and driving more people away from him
    That might probably be Joe's best bet at winning... hiding out and avoiding leadership.

That might probably be Joe's best bet at winning... hiding out and avoiding leadership.

and would you call Trumps last few days leadership?

Trump didn't call him that, I, as a voter, did. And yes, if Biden wants to lead the country he shouldn't be hiding from the riots.

Says the supporter of the man who hid in a bunker in the most fortified house in the world while protestors were outside :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,612 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Says the supporter of the man who hid in a bunker in the most fortified house in the world while protestors were outside :rolleyes:

And then he had the park police push the fences back to give him more of a safe space ...

that is the point. you call biden a coward yet you support cadet bonespurs who hid in a bunker and needed police to tear gas peaceful protestors so he could have his photo op with a bible. everything you post is massive hypocrisy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Well after avoiding the draft so many times he was hardly going to change, even with the military just a short walk away :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Coward, eh? It wasn't Joe Biden hidin' down a bunker!

#Bunkerbitch

*cries*

Leave Trumpey alone!!! *cries hysterically*

He was INSPECTING the bunker. Leave Trumpey alone! Just leave him aloooooone!!

*more crying hysterically"

• Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

He should send some stormtroopers out to clear the path so he can hold a bible upside down for a cheap photo op?

Still waiting for your opinion on Trump committing voter fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah, vote for Joe the Coward. Do nothing is accurate.

Such a leader? As riots have crippled the country where has Biden been? I know he might have mentioned the riots in passing but where are his calls to condemn the mayhem, the looting, the burning of buildings and property, the attacks on innocent citizens, and the murdering of police officers trying to keep the peace? What has Joe said about all the small businesses destroyed and the damage done to the inner city neighborhoods? I guess Joe is just fine with innocent citizens and police officers being maimed and killed merely because they are stuck between violent rioters and feckless Democrat politicians who run those cities and states?

Joe the Coward says nothing because of his sleazy political ambitions and he doesn’t want to offend the Black community. Joe is not a leader and should never be our president. He thinks he deserves to become president because he spent so many years in government offices merely being present. Yeah, right, we need a leader and Biden is no leader!

Joe must go!

This is like a stream of Trump tweets. Creepy.

and would you call Trumps last few days leadership?
    Yes.

He should send some stormtroopers out to clear the path so he can hold a bible upside down for a cheap photo op?

Trump didn't commit voter fraud. He corrected an error before voting.

Yes.

Care to elaborate?

Plus I am waiting for you to explain how your precious christian values do not apply to your president.....

i'd forgotten about that. i wonder will he get prosecuted for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

I'm not sure if you only watch Fox News or what, but Biden has met with church and community leaders, met protesters on the street and made a live speech which dripped with leadership.

Trump has met no community leaders or protesters, hid in a bunker and forcefully pushed back protesters in order to hold a bible alone outside a church he has never set foot in.

Popularity is way up for one and way down for another according to polls - can you guess which is which?

Care to elaborate?

Plus I am waiting for you to explain how your precious christian values do not apply to your president.....
    Yes, Trump has displayed leadership in the face of riots, violence and mayhem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Sounds like the kinda fraud he enjoys accusing Democrats of to me. Oh well..

How about that time Devin Nunes went on Fox and made a big booboo by admitting they were harvesting ballots in California?

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1260770794436562944

As I asked, what leadership has he shown

Also your Christian Values, does Trump live up to them?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

There are many different kinds of leadership though - Showing leadership isn't always "Good"

And based on the thus far pretty universal repudiation of his behaviour in the last number of days , the leadership he has shown is not what a majority of people across the US actually want.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Yet - He's not allowed to use Mar-a-Lago as a private residence , once the local city council can actually sit after lockdown has been lifted they will most likely confirm that status and make him either shut down Mar-a-Lago as a club or move his residence.

Either way , if and when the council re-affirm the pre-existing ruling about the permitted usage of Mar-a-Lago his vote in Florida will be deemed fraudulent.

Sounds like the kinda fraud he enjoys accusing Democrats of to me. Oh well..

How about that time Devin Nunes went on Fox and made a big booboo by admitting they were harvesting ballots in California?

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1260770794436562944
    The practice of harvesting of ballots should be stopped by all parties... PERIOD!

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Yet - He's not allowed to use Mar-a-Lago as a private residence , once the local city council can actually sit after lockdown has been lifted they will most likely confirm that status and make him either shut down Mar-a-Lago as a club or move his residence.

Either way , if and when the council re-affirm the pre-existing ruling about the permitted usage of Mar-a-Lago his vote in Florida will be deemed fraudulent.

he orginallly tried to register using the white house address. he only switched to the mar a lago address when they were told the address had to be in-state. either way making false registration is an offence. people have been prosecuted for what trump did. trump should be prosecuted too.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/03/donald-trump-vote-by-mail-fraud-florida

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Hiding in a bunker and clearing a church from volunteers with tear gas to have a photo op there, b/c one feels ashamed to hide in a bunker in the first place, is NOT leadership, it’s cowardice.
    Sorry but there is simply no way to spin this. Trump is a big coward. He always was and deep down he knows it himself. That’s why he is always so touchy about it and wants to appear like a big man (behind rows of soldiers or protective walls). For some reason though, his followers are still being duped by his fake bravado and ridiculous Kindergarden-style bully tactics. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

God, I wish the other guy would try this too.

Lolle06 wrote: »
    Hiding in a bunker and clearing a church from volunteers with tear gas to have a photo op there, b/c one feels ashamed to hide in a bunker in the first place, is NOT leadership, it’s cowardice.
    Sorry but there is simply no way to spin this. Trump is a big coward. He always was and deep down he knows it himself. That’s why he is always so touchy about it and wants to appear like a big man (behind rows of soldiers or protective walls). For some reason though, his followers are still being duped by his fake bravado and ridiculous Kindergarden-style bully tactics. Go figure.

To be honest his followers are idiots who have abandoned all their morals to follow him. There must be something in their bible for these kind of people...

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »

I don't think voter laws cares about some agreement that will be decided in court at a later date. As of now that special area of Mar-a-Lago IS his residence. If the courts decide he is required to move then Trump will fill out another residence with the board of elections. If you live in a hotel for more than 6 months it is considered your legal residence with the board of elections, as far as I'm aware. Will it be a messy court battle with Palm Beach... perhaps, but somehow I think they will cave and let him live there and still claim victory by now allowing him to have his dock.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement