Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Quin_Dub wrote: »

Bloody hell, I can't see how anybody would even vote in America, never mind commit voter fraud with those sentences

• Registered Users Posts: 83,609 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Bloody hell, I can't see how anybody would even vote in America, never mind commit voter fraud with those sentences

The vaaaaaaast majority of people, even with strong political views, are not going to risk that much for the sake of 1 errant vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Overheal wrote: »
    yes. Donald Trump was impeached.

Impeachment is just a political charge. Trump was acquitted of that charge.

Why some seem to celebrate that democrats managed to abuse their powers and push ahead with a political charge despite the lack of evidence for what they were alleging took place, is odd.

Especially given that it was done so deceptively and in such dishonorable ways.

https://twitter.com/RichardGrenell/status/1266055430154919943

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

notobtuse wrote: »
    Injustice has no time limit.

Good, there'll be lots to investigate in Trumpland when he gets booted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Why some seem to celebrate that democrats managed to abuse their powers and push ahead with a political charge despite the lack of evidence for what they were alleging took place, is odd.

oh dear.

• Advertisement

Does anything you said discredit the fact that he was impeached? Because: he was impeached. So was Bill, something most Trump supporters were more than happy to flog about in the last general election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Impeachment is just a political charge.

And that link confirms that Donald Trump was impeached you agree?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Trump brilliant leadership has now brought Texas into play.. TEXAS!!
    • In Texas, a Republican stronghold that Trump won by nine points in 2016, a Quinnipiac Poll out yesterday showed Trump in a statistical tie with Joe Biden, 44% to 43%.
    • Fox News polls out yesterday showed Trump down badly in Wisconsin (Biden 49%, Trump 40%) and statistically tied in Ohio (Biden 45%, Trump 43%) — two must-wins.
    • In Arizona, a 2020 swing state which Trump won by three points in 2016, a Fox News poll showed Biden with an edge (46% to 42%).

Leadership indeed..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

kilns wrote: »
    So you are not a Christian or Jew but are very concerned about how the bible is being attacked and religious freedoms of these people are being eroded by the "radical left"

My mistake so. You are just a good citizen who cares about citizens rights in the constitution :rolleyes:
    Correct, I'm not a Christian or Jew... I'm agnostic.

And yes, I care about citizen's rights in the Constitution. And I find it disgusting that Joe Biden has been exploiting George Floyd’s death and the subsequent riots for his political gain. He just said “that in addition to the bible, the president might also want to open the US Constitution every once in awhile” “If he did, he’d find a thing called the First Amendment.” Perhaps with all the other things about our government Joe seemed to have forgotten, there is nothing in the First Amendment that protects rioting, looting, assault or murder.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

notobtuse, what do you think of the Hong Kong protestors? Do you have a view on them?

• Advertisement

All those dang Californians escaping democrat oppression into Texas and then demanding Texas institute what they were running away from... I warned about this years ago.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

All those dang Californians escaping democrat oppression into Texas and then demanding Texas institute what they were running away from... I warned about this years ago.

OK , so that bizarre canard sort of covers Texas - what about all the other states that he won in 2016 where is is underwater and sinking further?

Not sure many Californians are moving to Wisconsin and Ohio?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,029 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

So you were wrong when you claimed it was a

?
    No.
    The motion did not pass in both houses so was... a FAILED ATTEMPT.

Do keep up.

ELM327 wrote: »
    No.

Do keep up.

it passed in the house therefore he was impeached. you claiming otherwise shows you dont understand the process

• Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No.

Do keep up.

He

Was

Impeached!

He may not have been removed from office but there is no denying that it was a successful impeachment.

Do keep up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

I wonder will any such motion be as successful as the democrat failed impeachment attempt?

I'm curious what your thoughts are on Republican senators that voted to acquit Trump openly admitting that he had broken the law and committed an impeachable offense?

Are you of the opinion that someone who breaks the law should be held accountable, or do you think the law should simply not apply to some?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Overheal wrote: »
    Does anything you said discredit the fact that he was impeached? Because: he was impeached.

Like I said: highlighting impeachment as if it means the politician in question has done something wrong as a result of that, is odd. He was politically charged in a scurrilous manner and acquitted of both charges. It's meaningless. Highlighting that it happened just throws the democrats wrong doing back into the spotlight, nothing more. I'm not sure why you all think charges being brought, which someone was acquitted of, is any kind of gotcha, it's really not.
    So was Bill, something most Trump supporters were more than happy to flog about in the last general election.

Well, if those people you reference just mentioned that Bill was impeached, and left it there, as if that mere fact alone meant he must have done something wrong, then they too were doing something quite odd and so why mimic them.

OK , so that bizarre canard sort of covers Texas - what about all the other states that he won in 2016 where is is underwater and sinking further?

Not sure many Californians are moving to Wisconsin and Ohio?

Wisconsin and Ohio have been battleground states. It is sometimes a crapshoot which way they’ll go in a presidential election. But my state of Pennsylvania (who went for Trump in 2016) is an interesting one by the results of the primary we just had. Democrats are claiming they will take the state because of the mass support behind native son Joe Biden. The results are now in from the primary (except for some of the mail in voting) and Bernie Sanders got 18.9% of democrat votes and Tulsi Gabbard got 3.6% of the votes, and both of them haven’t even been in the race for some time. And before anyone asks... in PA only democrats can vote in the democrat primary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Like I said: highlighting impeachment as if it means the politician in question has done something wrong as a result of that, is odd. He was politically charged in a scurrilous manner and acquitted of both charges. It's meaningless. Highlighting that it happened just throws the democrats wrong doing back into the spotlight, nothing more. I'm not sure why you all think charges being brought, which someone was acquitted of, is any kind of gotcha, it's really not.

Well, if those people you reference just mentioned that Bill was impeached, and left it there, as if that mere fact alone meant he must have done something wrong, then they too were doing something quite odd and so why mimic them.

I remember you from the other thread, and it's fair to say that you're one of the worst purveyors of Trump-related nonsense that I think I've ever come across. It's like you are living in some sort of parallel universe, or else, you've gone so far down the road of Trump loyalism that you're simply unable to face the fact that he's done anything wrong. Quite remarkable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Correct, I'm not a Christian or Jew... I'm agnostic.

And yes, I care about citizen's rights in the Constitution. And I find it disgusting that Joe Biden has been exploiting George Floyd’s death and the subsequent riots for his political gain. He just said “that in addition to the bible, the president might also want to open the US Constitution every once in awhile” “If he did, he’d find a thing called the First Amendment.” Perhaps with all the other things about our government Joe seemed to have forgotten, there is nothing in the First Amendment that protects rioting, looting, assault or murder.

So were you concerned about the peaceful protesters being tear gassed and shot at with rubber bullets outside the White House employing their constitutional right ? Or was that the type of leadership you like from Trump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,359 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Calling Trump "Cadet Bonespurs", arguing about the definition of impeachment, one side denying that he was impeached when he clearly was, the other side claiming that impeachment was remotely relevant given that it was a partisan process to impeach and was flattened in the senate.

How much more childish can this thread get?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Calling Trump "Cadet Bonespurs", arguing about the definition of impeachment, one side denying that he was impeached when he clearly was, the other side claiming that impeachment was remotely relevant given that it was a partisan process to impeach and was flattened in the senate.

How much more childish can this thread get?

i'm sure you can manage to do it.

notobtuse, what do you think of the Hong Kong protestors? Do you have a view on them?
    I am not as in tune with all that is going on in Hong Kong as I should be. I sympathize with Hong Kong and their goals of greater democrat reform. China went back on their promise of autonomy for Hong Kong. I disagree on some of the police actions there, and also some of the actions of the protestors, but I will always abhor any violence that targets innocent people and businesses. I have to commend the UK for providing Hong Kong residents a pathway to British citizenship. I wish the US would do the same, with guidelines.

And RCP had him beating Hillary by 11-12 points.

Wow.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,359 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

i'm sure you can manage to do it.

Any particular reason to attack me?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Any particular reason to attack me?

your "im really a neutral trying to see both sides" schtick is just tiresome.

Here’s something not being discussed but will most certainly become a issue in the election... Guns. Right now, with all the riots and mayhem by violent “protesting” groups, guns sales are going through the roof by law-abiding citizens. People want to protect themselves, their families, and their property. It’s no secret democrats and liberals are the gun grabbing group. But I think the riots have showed the imbecility of the democrat/liberal argument. That argument has been against people getting guns for self-defense because those matters belong in the hands of the police. And today these same people are demonizing the police in force 24/7. So people now can't trust the police to help them? Result... normal level-headed people are getting guns and it will factor in their votes come November.

your "im really a neutral trying to see both sides" schtick is just tiresome.
    We should come here to praise those willing to consider both sides of the argument, not come here to bury them.

Here’s something not being discussed but will most certainly become a issue in the election... Guns. Right now, with all the riots and mayhem by violent “protesting” groups, guns sales are going through the roof by law-abiding citizens. People want to protect themselves, their families, and their property. It’s no secret democrats and liberals are the gun grabbing group. But I think the riots have showed the imbecility of the democrat/liberal argument. That argument has been against people getting guns for self-defense because those matters belong in the hands of the police. And today these same people are demonizing the police in force 24/7. So people now can't trust the police to help them? Result... normal level-headed people are getting guns and it will factor in their votes come November.

With liberals arming in record numbers, how long before Republicans come for our guns??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Californian tech workers mas exodus to texas from california in search of cheaper real estate has brought texas into play. Its a well documented phenomenon thats been going on for 5 years now that all of cali (except the really grim bits) have priced out these people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement