Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,358 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

She is being taught that she is privileged and being privileged is a bad thing.

She had no control over being born this way but nevertheless she should recognise this and seek to put it right.

No different than a kid being taught that being black is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,028 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I agree. It's disgusting and a manipulation of a child by "woke" parents who should be ashamed of themselves.
    For me this is as bad as parents dressing kids in drag for drag queen amusement, or bringing kids to a gun protest rally.

Leave the kids out of it until they have the critical thought to decide their own positions and beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

DrPhilG wrote: »

She had no control over being born this way but nevertheless she should recognise this and seek to put it right.

again, where are you getting that she is being taught it is a bad thing? she is being taught it is a thing because it is a thing.

ELM327 wrote: »
    I agree. It's disgusting and a manipulation of a child by "woke" parents who should be ashamed of themselves.
    For me this is as bad as parents dressing kids in drag for drag queen amusement, or bringing kids to a gun protest rally.

Leave the kids out of it until they have the critical thought to decide their own positions and beliefs.

"white privilege" is not a position or belief. You dont need to believe it. It is a fact. you dont need to believe facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,596 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Brian? wrote:
    His grandfathers fought to give Kapernick the freedom to express himself however he wanted. Not for a flag.
    So you are saying that only people who kneel are entitled to an opinion? Or that it's wrong to believe in respecting the flag?
    Just because Donald Trump has an opinion doesn't mean you have the be against it.
    I despise Trump but I'll make my in mind up regardless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,596 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

where are you getting that she is being trained to be ashamed to be white? do you read minds now?
    She is being told she's different which is wrong.

Recognising you're privileged isn't shameful... I'm white, I come from a reasonably well off family and was never lacking in anything in life. I also haven't ever been subjected to hate speech which most people of colour tend to experience. Yep, it's the luck of the draw but recognising my advantageous position is a good thing. And this would have been taught to me from childhood, my mother is in her seventies and isn't some social justice warrior or something...

Such a recognition makes me more likely to be charitable, to support the rights of others who aren't so lucky. Your interpretation is more just making a mountain out of a molehill.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

You don't know this. Equally valid is the possibility that she is being taught that she is fortunate and that she should develop empathy for those who are less fortunate.

"white privilege" is not a position or belief. You dont need to believe it. It is a fact. you dont need to believe facts.
    It's a "fact" is the last bastion of a defeated internet warrior.
    Actually, its the penultimate one. The true last bastion involves capitalisation.

FACT.

eagle eye wrote: »

do you understand what white privilege is?

• Advertisement

You cannot have critical thought without principles.

eagle eye wrote: »
    +1
    One could argue that this is where racism comes from.
    Woke parents pointing out that their child is better than others of different colors and should respect that "privilege". The kicker is, they've created that difference, in race, by pointing it out.

kids arent born racist

It's a "fact" is the last bastion of a defeated internet warrior.
    Actually, its the penultimate one. The true last bastion involves capitalisation.

FACT.

anybody who posts anything that stupid has no interest in discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Privilege is having to be told about racism rather than experiencing it

do you understand what white privilege is?
    A false notion created by the left, yes.
    You cannot have critical thought without principles.
    Agreed.
    But you should be taught both sides and allowed make up your own mind. Not embedded in one from a young age.

anybody who posts anything that stupid has no interest in discussion.
    FACT

Agreed.
    But you should be taught both sides and allowed make up your own mind. Not embedded in one from a young age.

Well, for instance, we don't know if that child was also told that rioting and looting are wrong. My guess would be yes.

I remember being taught, as a young child, about people dying in famines and wars throughout the world and that I was lucky to be living where I was living. I didn't feel superior, just more fortunate. IMO, that lesson served me well as a human being.

Well, for instance, we don't know if that child was also told that rioting and looting are wrong. My guess would be yes.
    You'd hope so, but you don't know. You see these types of people, woke white left people, out looting. There was even a notorious photo the other day at one of the riots, of a white woman giving the finger to a black cop. As if the white woman has more of an idea about the supposed systemic racism than a black man.
    I remember being taught, as a young child, about people dying in famines and wars throughout the world and that I was lucky to be living where I was living. I didn't feel superior, just more fortunate. IMO, that lesson served me well as a human being.
    Same. But thats not based on race. Thats based on physical location.

You'd hope so, but you don't know. You see these types of people, woke white left people, out looting. There was even a notorious photo the other day at one of the riots, of a white woman giving the finger to a black cop. As if the white woman has more of an idea about the supposed systemic racism than a black man.

Same. But thats not based on race. Thats based on physical location.

Okay, so the best we can say about what we know is that this girl is being taught that she is privileged and that she is being taught that black people are less privileged. Anything else is guesswork.

It was based on race too. I was taught that black people in Africa were much poorer than white people in Africa and were much more likely to die in a famine. Which was true.

Agreed.

You've lived a very sheltered life if you're saying privilege is a partisan creation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1268420736592613376

Another crazy Trump psychophant. Morgan's right,it is so sad to see these crazy lunatics brought to the centre of power with Trump.

This needs to end in November.

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1268420736592613376

Another crazy Trump psychophant. Morgan's right,it is so sad to see these crazy lunatics brought to the centre of power with Trump.

This needs to end in November.

The world has gone mad when you side with Piers Morgan, but here we are

duploelabs wrote: »
    The world has gone mad when you side with Piers Morgan, but here we are

i looked out the window for 4 lads on horses when i watched that.

i looked out the window for 4 lads on horses when i watched that.

Hot snow falls up?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

With what has gone on in the last week or so, its not a matter which VP Biden will chose its a matter which black female he will choose. He will hoover up so many votes with them by his side.

Id prefer to see Harris as AG, it would be wonderful to see her go after Barr and Trump.

I would not be surprised if they have not tapped up Michelle Obama and she has either rejected the notion or is considering it. If she is the running mate, Biden wins in a complete landslide. You compare her to the lame duck that is the first lady right now and the empty vessel that is Pence and they are worlds apart. She is highly respected even across. the divide. I firmly believe its someone like her who can unite the country

kilns wrote: »
    With what has gone on in the last week or so, its not a matter which VP Biden will chose its a matter which black female he will choose. He will hoover up so many votes with them by his side.

Id prefer to see Harris as AG, it would be wonderful to see her go after Barr and Trump.

I would not be surprised if they have not tapped up Michelle Obama and she has either rejected the notion or is considering it. If she is the running mate, Biden wins in a complete landslide. You compare her to the lame duck that is the first lady right now and the empty vessel that is Pence and they are worlds apart. She is highly respected even across. the divide. I firmly believe its someone like her who can unite the country
    You, you're having a laugh right?
    Michelle obama is not respected by the republicans at all.

Prior to Dick Cheney revising the role of VP from the 'retirement carriage clock' of appointments, I could see this happening. Now I'm not too sure.

Having watched Harris grilling Barr and making him squirm, I'd love to see her as AG purely to extend that spectical

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Give me one reason why she would earn your disrespect other than the fact her name is Obama and she is black

Given you think that white privelidge is just a fabrication, I'd say your objection to her is based on the colour of her skin

• Advertisement

Give me one reason why she would earn your disrespect other than the fact her name is Obama and she is black
    duploelabs wrote: »
    Given you think that white privelidge is just a fabrication, I'd say your objection to her is based on the colour of her skin

Whether she was black white or blue is irrelevant.
    She was responsible for a lot of the crap we see today. Barrack Hussein Obama was one of the worst presidents the US ever had. Certainly in the past 50 years, going back to Carter.

A first lady that would be respected is the likes of Barbara Bush (rip). A genuine lady who knew the role of a wife, head of house, and first lady of the country. Somewhat similar to Nancy Reagan.

Or (back a bit further) Eleanor Roosevelt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement