Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

The economy will bounce back very strongly, an awful lot of people have more money than they have ever had before on account of not being able to spend in a meaningful way...I'm betting they blow it over the next 12 months.

One thing I've learned about experts, too many of them are wrong too often to justify listening to any of them.

I'm sure the 40 odd million unemployed are very happy for them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

I'm sure the 40 odd million unemployed are very happy for them :rolleyes:

WEll a large percentage of them will get their jobs back and should benefit from that surge in spending....so ya...I'd imagine they should be hopeful at the very least.

That is of course, not including all those business that have been destroyed by reckless rioters across predominantly Democratically run cities....those poor employees and business owners are out of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The economy will bounce back very strongly, an awful lot of people have more money than they have ever had before on account of not being able to spend in a meaningful way...I'm betting they blow it over the next 12 months.

One thing I've learned about experts, too many of them are wrong too often to justify listening to any of them.
    They won't have much money left in their accounts once covid is gone, and there's no flattening of the curve in the US

duploelabs wrote: »
    They won't have much money left in their accounts once covid is gone, and there's no flattening of the curve in the US

Well then, those cities that have enjoyed the protesting and rioters over the last week are in even bigger mess than the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,603 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

WEll a large percentage of them will get their jobs back and should benefit from that surge in spending....so ya...I'd imagine they should be hopeful at the very least.

What?

Someone works in a shop/factory/warehouse

They get their job back but are months behind in their Bill's.

How will they "benefit from the surge in spending"?
    That is of course, not including all those business that have been destroyed by reckless rioters across predominantly Democratically run cities....those poor employees and business owners are out of luck!

:rolleyes:

To coin a phrase

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/398887965302091776?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

You only need to go back a week for Biden's last gaff.

Incidentally, what do you make of someone like me, who believe's that his performance will probably end up somewhere like average compared to past presidents, considering I don't believe he is doing long term damage to the reputation of the US (certainly will be some short term damage, I'm not convinced that is a bad thing for American voters).

I think he is crass, inarticulate and a political novice who has had to handle an extremely hostile and partisan press..along with a Global Pandemic and Nationwide Riots and Protests....and he hasn't handled them well.

He has some traits I admire, his sense of humour, his strength for a man his age and his utter disdain for a media industry that is more concerned about conditioning readers than informing them.

I think he is a very real danger to future economic growth of this country if he gets another 4 years.

Do you think I have personal issues?

Not at all. I disagree with what you said apart from maybe his physical strength, which is definitely impressive (if legit). But I've no time whatsoever for people that come out here and blindly defend him regardless of what he does. The poster that I responded to earlier is one of those, and I've experience of him in multiple threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Yet again the left twist Trump's words and suggest he was speaking about job numbers when mentioning George Floyd. You think I'd be used to all the lies saying he has said something which he clearly had not but they are so brazen that it's impossible to just get used to them and as I said before, it's how the misrepresentation happens in unison that is incredulous. They are just waiting to jump on anything and twist it in an effort to undermine and demean him.

He said:
    "Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement regardless of race, colour, gender, or creed - they have to receive fair treatment from law enforcement, they have to receive it. We all saw what happened last week, we can't let that happen. Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that is happening for our country. It's a great day for him, a great day for everybody. This is a great, great day in terms of equality. It's really what our Constitution requires and it's what our country is all about. "

Now how the hell could anyone legitimately infer that Trump was saying George would be happy about job growth numbers?? But yet:
    fjobs1.png
    fjobs2.png

Will this lying from the worldwide liberal left leaning media ever stop? Are they remotely interested in the truth? Of course not.

All that matters to them is that you hate Donald Trump and yet they have the cheek to feign offense whenever he refers to them as fake news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

kilns wrote: »
    How the hell is it taken out of context, how under any spectrum is a great day for a man who died brutally one week earlier

and if you are referring to equality, you know black unemployment actually went up

some people:rolleyes:

Easy buddy :)

He was reading this: "Equal justice under the law must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement regardless of race..." and then rambled into "...Hopefully George [Floyd] is looking down right now and saying this is a great thing that happening for our country. This is a great day for him." (which is the bit everyone is quoting now on Twitter) and then he ended with "...this is a great great day in terms of equality"

I felt it was out of context because they leave out the bit about equality at the hands of the police from the quote is all. It's not that crazy of an opinion!

I think he is talking nonsense but to sum this up as, for example:

https://twitter.com/conor_pope/status/1268946769725054985

is misleading IMO

Yet again the left twist Trump's words and suggest he was speaking about job numbers when mentioning George Floyd. You think I'd be used to all the lies saying he has said something which he clearly had not but they are so brazen that it's impossible to just get used to them and as I said before, it's how the misrepresentation happens in unison that is incredulous. They are just waiting to jump on anything and twist it in an effort to undermine and demean him.

He said:

Now how the hell could anyone legitimately infer that Trump was saying George would be happy about job growth numbers?? But yet:

Will this lying from the worldwide liberal left leaning media ever stop? Are they remotely interested in the truth? Of course not.

All that matters to them is that you hate Donald Trump and yet they have the cheek to feign offense whenever he refers to them as fake news.

I saw a video of that and he was referring to jobs figures when he mentioned George Floyd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Celticfire

I saw a video of that and he was referring to jobs figures when he mentioned George Floyd.

Post it, or a link to it.

• Advertisement

Celticfire wrote: »

I don't remember where I saw it...

I just watched a different clip from FOX....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV7zu0zbFTw

The video clip I saw was edited....this is f##king scary.

Can someone tell me honestly, did Trump tear gas peaceful protesters so he could walk to St Johns Church the other day?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

He is tweeting now threatening the DC mayor saying let the National guard in and if she doesn’t he will get another group of men and women to come in, I wonder what he means by that....

He must be worried about Tomorrow as there is expected to be 1 million protesting in DC tomorrow

He is tweeting now threatening the DC mayor saying let the National guard in and if she doesn’t he will get another group of men and women to come in, I wonder what he means by that....

He must be worried about Tomorrow as there is expected to be 1 million protesting in DC tomorrow

Do you not see the madness of 1 million people protesting in the middle of a pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Can someone tell me honestly, did Trump tear gas peaceful protesters so he could walk to St Johns Church the other day?

I felt this explained it quite well:
    https://apnews.com/2aa7979e6fb88948895407f127e5e5b6?utm_source=Twitter&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP

Riiiiiight…….. oh quick, deflect

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Well then, those cities that have enjoyed the protesting and rioters over the last week are in even bigger mess than the rest.

There's been protests in every single state

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Do you not see the madness of 1 million people protesting in the middle of a pandemic.

Yes it is madness but it’s not going to stop it. The question is how Trump and Barr react. Will they turn the army on them? If so, this could be a huge moment in history for America with either the army being too heavy handed and fatalities or the army refusing to follow orders of a man incapable of being their commander in chief. Hopefully it goes off peacefully

Riiiiiight…….. oh quick, deflect

How do you mean deflect...a previous poster linked to a number of articles that suggested Trump used George Floyd's name when discussing job numbers...which was consistent with the video clip I saw....so no problem there right.

Until I saw the clip from FOX which I did link, which is not consistent with what I saw or what is being reported around the world....

How am I deflecting?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Deleted - Double post.

The Lafayette protest was broken up with tear gas as the police admitted to using a pepper irritant which the CDC lists as a type of tear gas.

https://emergency.cdc.gov/agent/riotcontrol/factsheet.asp#:~:text=Riot%20control%20agents%20(sometimes%20referred,to%20be%20riot%20control%20agents

I agree that today's quote was taken out of context, though the actual context isn't a whole lot better given it came right after him talking about "dominating the streets." That's not really something I could see a guy who was murdered by police being 'smiling' about and thinking 'this is great'.

• Advertisement

It was on the news (virgin media) about at 6 I think only half watching at the time.

DubInMeath wrote: »
    It was on the news (virgin media) about at 6.

What clip, the edited one or the one I linked to on Fox?

How do you mean deflect...a previous poster linked to a number of articles that suggested Trump used George Floyd's name when discussing job numbers...which was consistent with the video clip I saw....so no problem there right.

Until I saw the clip from FOX which I did link, which is not consistent with what I saw or what is being reported around the world....

How am I deflecting?

Except you can't post this clip you saw. So you deflected into a topic that has been gone over extensively already.

Except you can't post this clip you saw. So you deflected into a topic that has been gone over extensively already.

But there is evidence already posted right above my post about how this is being presented in media...you know what never mind.

It's a huge problem, but when the US government has initially called this virus a hoax, then been pushing for states to reopen, and supporting large scale protests to that effects for the last 6 weeks or so, they're not really in a great place to play that card.

Yes it is madness but it’s not going to stop it. The question is how Trump and Barr react. Will they turn the army on them? If so, this could be a huge moment in history for America with either the army being too heavy handed and fatalities or the army refusing to follow orders of a man incapable of being their commander in chief. Hopefully it goes off peacefully

So the protesters are risking the health of millions of Americans to protest in the hope they force Trump to force the army on American citizens....

That country is sliding into a civil war.

What clip, the edited one or the one I linked to on Fox?

Was only half watching, as mentioned above (edited post)

But believe he was going on about the economy alright.

It's a huge problem, but when the US government has initially called this virus a hoax, then been pushing for states to reopen, and supporting large scale protests to that effects for the last 6 weeks or so, they're not really in a great place to play that card.

Ya I agree....but that also puts the Democrats who have being playing cards not just with a pandemic but now a vicious police incident....in the hope of provoking force from the US ARmy.....this is nuts.

It was on the news (virgin media) about at 6 I think only half watching at the time.

To be fair, that clip isn't all of what he said.

https://twitter.com/vplus/status/1268938124656291843

As I said to another poster, this isn't a whole lot better given it is following him talking about "dominating the streets" (would that make someone beaten to death by police 'smile' and feel great?).

Funny enough though, that twitter account belongs to someone at CNN - which many Trump supporters will tell you means it should not be trusted. :p

• Advertisement

Was only half watching, as mentioned above (edited post)

But believe he was going on about the economy alright.

That is genuinely concerning, why are Irish tv using a doctored clip to misrepresent what an American President said?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement