Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

So he's condemned it?

I couldn't tell you...it's all a big s##tshow as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Well, again, just to be reasoned, I'd like to see a source that confirms that Trump ordered the tear gassing, as it kind of is important, you know, the context of it all...it's a pretty serious action for a President to take, which he may well have, but it is possible he did not know how those protesters were removed.

Ah stupid me. I see what you are at now. :o

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Ah stupid me. I see what you are at now. :o

The devil is in the details, I'd imagine you are as clueless as me when it comes to what is happening inside the Whitehouse...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I couldn't tell you...it's all a big s##tshow as far as I can see.

But if he didn't order it, then he must be appalled. So where is his outrage?

Thought this was quite funny from Trump :) I'd say he'd nearly be happy to be out in November

https://twitter.com/NewsHour/status/1268934665748000771

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

Just so you know....that company also provided The Journal with this piece.

https://www.thejournal.ie/trump-biden-george-floyd-us-economy-5116230-Jun2020/

Look at the comments...

So...you'll forgive me if I don't consider that a reputable source.

Just so you know....one article was provided by the Associated Press news and the other Agence France-Presse (AFP). Not the same company.

Report and move on I'd say :o

Just so you know....one article was provided by the Associated Press news and the other Agence France-Presse (AFP). Not the same company.

Ah ok, thank you, my mistake.

Who knows, maybe he did order and doesn't care...maybe someone in his security detail ordered it and he feels he shouldn't...

He is a completely unorthodox President ....

It wouldn't surprise me if finds himself in trouble with the GOP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Yet again the left twist Trump's words...

It would be a lot harder to twist his words if he could speak properly. His job involves communication and like many other aspects of that job, he's a bit sh!te at it. That leaves him open to the type of ridicule that one could reasonably expect from the media.

If this guy was my line manager, I'd think he was the CEO's retarded son on some kind of fake internship and that I was being punished for a bad display at the Christmas party.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Who knows, maybe he did order and doesn't care...maybe someone in his security detail ordered it and he feels he shouldn't...

He is a completely unorthodox President ....

It wouldn't surprise me if finds himself in trouble with the GOP.

Unorthodox? The man is insane.

Nah. The GOP sold themselves out four years ago. Now they're rats in a barrel in a sinking ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

No point engaging with this guy he is just playing dumb to troll

kilns wrote: »

You are mistaken if you think I'm going to rise to your bait....sorry.

Nope I’m warning others not to rise to your playing dumb bait

Report me to the mods if you think I'm trolling.

Done

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,718 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Done
    OK guys - settle down and get back on the topic

Yes report posts you have an issue with, but do not comment on such matters here

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Obama borrowed his way out of the recession which was fair enough but did increase the national debt.

Trump has no excuse for his borrowing except its all he knows from his own business life

America will be successful again. Just after a small loan of $3 trillion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The videos coming out have been a bit crazy.

It's one thing to see blacks getting beaten but the images of old, white people getting assaulted are going to have quite an effect on peoples' perception of the authorities and Trump himself, especially if he takes the "LAW AND ORDER" route.

He ain't happy with Black Lives Matter plaza I think :)

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1269043981461184514

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

The videos coming out have been a bit crazy.

It's one thing to see blacks getting beaten but the images of old, white people getting assaulted are going to have quite an effect on peoples' perception of the authorities and Trump himself, especially if he takes the "LAW AND ORDER" route.

MAGA

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    He ain't happy with Black Lives Matter plaza I think :)

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1269043981461184514

Like he was in no way qualified to run the country. Delighted she's pissing him off, more of this please.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

He has been doing a very good job running the country thus far and the American people see threw the lies of the mainstream media. All the Dems and MSM have left is to manufacture racial tension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I'll be shocked if sleepy Joe defeats the Donald this year. He doesn't have the charisma to beat Trump. He will probably win the popular vote but be soundly defeated.

The democrats have eaten each other since Obama left office and are a joke of political party these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

That’s a lot of crazy in 2 short posts.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It would be a lot harder to twist his words if he could speak properly.

There is zero excuse for the media (or anyone else) lying about what he said. His words were quite clear but yet without so much as a huddle the liberal media instantly sprung into action and all lied in unison, claiming he said something which he clearly had not.

They knew it wasn't true and had to know also that George's family would be impacted by the fallout of them falsely reporting that the President had said George would be happy about jobs for the country. Clearly they didn't care and went with the nonsense story anyway.

But sure what's new. Not that it was headline news on CNN or anything (perish the thought) but in the Senate this week Rosenstein testified that he would not have signed off on the warrant applications to keep spying on associates of the Trump campaign had he known about the lies and deliberate omissions therein, namely that FBI officials had doctored emails and kept exculpatory evidence from the court such as, for example, that the Steele Dossier was paid for by the DNC. The dossier many posting here told us had nothing to do with the warrant applications. That was just a right wing conspiracy theory y'all told us:

https://twitter.com/KamVTV/status/1268195266563375111

Makes the lies about Trump bribing Zelensky, calling Neo-Nazis fine people, and telling people to inject bleach, all small potatoes really. Course if this happened a newly elected President who was a democrat, it would be splashed across the front pages on a daily basis and rightly so. The DOJ was weaponized to take out Donald Trump though, and so meh I guess.

What have liberals done to America. A lot of damage would be my call but hopefully it's damage which can be reversed and four more years for Trump would go a long way to attempting to do just that.

There is zero excuse for the media (or anyone else) lying about what he said. His words were quite clear but yet without so much as a huddle the liberal media instantly sprung into action and all lied in unison, claiming he said something which he clearly had not.

Makes the lies about Trump bribing Zelensky, calling Neo-Nazis fine people, and telling people to inject bleach, all small potatoes really. Course if this happened a newly elected President who was a democrat, it would be splashed across the front pages on a daily basis and rightly so. The DOJ was weaponized to take out Donald Trump though, and so meh I guess.

What have liberals done to America. A lot of damage would be my call but hopefully it's damage which can be reversed and four more years for Trump would go a long way to attempting to do just that.

Yeah.. It really is shocking..
    No one even trying to act in good faith..
    Like, I get why people don't like him, but Jesus..
    It really would not give one any hope for the way things are going..

• Registered Users Posts: 38,594 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Well I'm no Trump fan but the media and the Democratic Party have really become ugly over the length that Trump has been in office.
    Don't mistake this for pity because I despise the man. I do care about the Democratic party and the state of it right now. I've never been enamoured with the US media but they've sunk to the same depths as Trump so they've no business trying to hold the high line when discussing him, they are every bit as pathetic and they're full of lies just like him.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They knew it wasn't true and had to know also that George's family would be impacted by the fallout of them falsely reporting that the President had said George would be happy about jobs for the country. Clearly they didn't care and went with the nonsense story anyway.

But sure what's new. Not that it was headline news on CNN or anything (perish the thought) but in the Senate this week Rosenstein testified that he would not have signed off on the warrant applications to keep spying on associates of the Trump campaign had he known about the lies and deliberate omissions therein, namely that FBI officials had doctored emails and kept exculpatory evidence from the court such as, for example, that the Steele Dossier was paid for by the DNC. The dossier many posting here told us had nothing to do with the warrant applications. That was just a right wing conspiracy theory y'all told us:

https://twitter.com/KamVTV/status/1268195266563375111

So you are hooked on Soundbytes?

Did you miss Sasse call out the GOP for their ‘bull**** grandstanding’ and ‘trolling for soundbytes?’

We’ve seen this stupid game before during impeachment:

GOP: “Witness who wasn’t in the room where it happened, did you see it happen?”

Witness who wasn’t in the room where it happened: “no I did not see it.”

GOP: “THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS! The witness who wasn’t in the room with it happened UNDER OATH telling the American people they didn’t see it happen!”

DNC: “Lets call people who were in the room where it happened, then?”

GOP: “SHAM IMPEACHMENT!”

Sen. Sasse clashes with Graham after calling out 'bull---t' 'grandstanding' for cameras at hearings on Russia probe
    By Sam Dorman | Fox News

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

That is genuinely concerning, why are Irish tv using a doctored clip to misrepresent what an American President said?

Yeah its not like the Trump ****eHouse has not doctored any clips to attack the press...

Expert: Acosta video distributed by White House was doctored

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement