Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

When will his running mate for VP be announced?

He hasn't even got the nomination yet, so after that

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

duploelabs wrote: »
    He hasn't even got the nomination yet, so after that

He reached the required delegates last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The Nal wrote: »
    He reached the required delegates last night.

Ah my mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

In November Trump will win more states and will win the popular vote. Americans are more clued in this time around to the fake and dishonest mainstream media. Trump is good for America, good for business and tough on crime. He is the leader America has needed for a very long time.

An infowars president for the infowars people.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Well he is more popular now than ever. You'll have to wait till November so before you realise how popular he is and then take off the blindfold the MSM has placed on you.

There is a silent majority in America that don't want racist BLM created by the MSM to divide people, immigrants that come in illegally without a due process, high regulation and tax for small businesses, leftist antifia anarchists that destroy businesses and burn down churchs, factories and jobs off-shored abroad and a corrupt mass produced mainstream media telling them what to think and do.

Why are you not talking about the alt-right groups (Proud Boys etc.) that infiltrate the protests and try to rile up peaceful protestors?
    The FBI found no reason to believe that the vandals were Antifa or left-wing groups.

Trump has divided the USA for the past 4 yrs.
    Giving out about MSM while taking Fox, Infowars and QAnon etc. as gospel is quite hypocritical to say the least!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Another tantrum from him at the end of a press conference/signing?

"You people"

*big flounce off stage left*

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

Lolle06 wrote: »
    Why are you not talking about the alt-right groups (Proud Boys etc.) that infiltrate the protests and try to rile up peaceful protestors?
    The FBI found no reason to believe that the vandals were Antifa or left-wing groups.

Trump has divided the USA for the past 4 yrs.
    Giving out about MSM while taking Fox, Infowars and QAnon etc. as gospel is quite hypocritical to say the least!

Trump has enough time between now and the election to push his narrative. The problem with Biden is the comments like yesterday's..about the 10 -15% of people in America being bad. Trump will use that like the 'deplorable ' comment from Clinton. In a debate...who ll go where no one else would. ? Trump will and probably win again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,951 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

200 Tweets in a day from him, a new record.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

#bunkerboy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

#bunkerboy

*cries*

Leave Trumpey alone!!! *cries hysterically*

He was INSPECTING the bunker. Leave Trumpey alone! Just leave him aloooooone!!

*more crying hysterically"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

smartz wrote: »
    I don't think Michelle Obama would be a great choice. With the way senate races are looking it seems like its gonna be a really tight house, 49-51 or possibly 50-50. He probably needs someone with experience in getting people on-board to get legislation over the line.

Also I believe her when she says she doesn't want the job, and I really don't blame her.

If he wants to guarantee victory and America sees the last of Donald Trump then Obama would do it easily but I agree I don’t think she is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Twitter meltdown in progress from him today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

francois wrote: »
    Twitter meltdown in progress from him today

You could just time your software to post that every day from now until November. Actually, maybe for 15 months. He'll go completely mad when he loses and he'll be in jail by the autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

BloodyBill wrote: »
    Trump has enough time between now and the election to push his narrative. The problem with Biden is the comments like yesterday's..about the 10 -15% of people in America being bad. Trump will use that like the 'deplorable ' comment from Clinton. In a debate...who ll go where no one else would. ? Trump will and probably win again.

No, most ppl are tired of his divisive narrative and see him and his government for what they are - mostly self-serving power-hungry mobsters.

And the faux outrage about the Biden comment?
    Republicans and Fox clutching their pearls again in a completely hypocritical fashion.
    Trump said many abhorrent things and his followers don’t mind them at all!
    Like he can’t do or say anything wrong.

Why are democrats always so harshly judged, while republicans stick to their candidate even „if that candidate would shoot someone on 5th Ave“?
    It’s ridiculous!

By now though the majority of ppl noticed the fact that Trump never has any sense of accountability and is clearly mentally unstable.
    Last week has meant a big shift towards Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,594 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Trump should be toast and I was confident he was two days ago but then the media give him more ammunition for his fake news spiel. Biden will always be a question mark until the live debates are over.
    I hate it but it's not near over yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He is a very strong solid leader, shows good leadership, renegotiates trade agreements to favour America, shows up the MSM for what they are, stock markets are doing well again, people are getting back to work and he gives people confidence. If he was leader of this country he too would be very popular even with daily attacks by the fake mainstream media.

"MSM". Let's put this rubbish to bed. Mainstream media refers collectively to the various large mass news media that influence many people, and both reflect and shape prevailing currents of thought. I'm assuming you get your news from Fox News. They are the most watched news channel in the US. So they are a "large mass news media that influence people". You know what this means right? It means they're MAINSTREAM media.
    Right leaning yes but mainstream. Like CNN is left leaning but mainstream. Their attempts to place themselves outside of the mainstream media is just an attempt to create an us vs them siege mentality with the left leaning news channels. Guess that's good for ratings. This shows them up for who they really are. Who's the bad guy now then?

It's hilarious how posters like yourself get so worked up about the "evils" of mainstream media when you actually watch it yourself and allow it to influence you and shape your thoughts.

You have to wonder what type of media would they prefer other than 'mainstream' media.

Of course, none of this is thought through by the typical Trumper/conspiracy nut.

That requires a bit too much critical thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You have to wonder what type of media would they prefer other than 'mainstream' media.

Of course, none of this is thought through by the typical Trumper/conspiracy nut.

"One America" seems like it would be their cup of tea. Pro Trump propaganda with far right agitators as their some of their "personalities".

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

smartz wrote: »
    What do people think Biden's best route to 270 electoral colleges votes is?

He doesn't need to anything.

Trump is doing it all for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

"MSM". Let's put this rubbish to bed. Mainstream media refers collectively to the various large mass news media that influence many people, and both reflect and shape prevailing currents of thought. I'm assuming you get your news from Fox News. They are the most watched news channel in the US. So they are a "large mass news media that influence people". You know what this means right? It means they're MAINSTREAM media.
    Right leaning yes but mainstream. Like CNN is left leaning but mainstream. Their attempts to place themselves outside of the mainstream media is just an attempt to create an us vs them siege mentality with the left leaning news channels. Guess that's good for ratings. This shows them up for who they really are. Who's the bad guy now then?

It's hilarious how posters like yourself get so worked up about the "evils" of mainstream media when you actually watch it yourself and allow it to influence you and shape your thoughts.

90% of mainstream media is leftist, they distort the truth, sensationalise particular events to suit their agenda, take sentences out of context and frame an alternative narrative, tell blatant lies to their audience and when caught they move to the next lie.

Our own mainstream media like in other countries around the world copy and paste the inaccurate narratives and they all repeat the same lies. There are then those who read and view the inaccurate mainstream media news and believe the lies and there are those that see the MSM for what they are, dishonest and fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,321 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

This whole "MSM" thing is quite remarkable to me. If it comes down to a choice between watching CNN or Alex Jones and OAN, I think I'm okay to stick with CNN, thanks.

Fox News is also mainstream media. Which you don't hear many Trump fans talking about.

90% of mainstream media is leftist

If that was the case, which it isn't (remind us what is the most watched news channel in the US), and there was such an appetite for something different...

...off you go, set up a news channel and paper.

If there is such demand you'll be a millionaire and mop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

90% of mainstream media is leftist, they distort the truth, sensationalise particular events to suit their agenda, take sentences out of context and frame an alternative narrative, tell blatant lies to their audience and when caught they move to the next lie.

Our own mainstream media like in other countries around the world copy and paste the inaccurate narratives and they all repeat the same lies. There are then those who read and view the inaccurate mainstream media news and believe the lies and there are those that see the MSM for what they are, dishonest and fake.

You have just described Donald Trump and Fox "news".

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

The reporting is skewed towards whatever narrative suits. During the protests late at night Fox would show rioting and looting, you change channel to CNN or MSNBC and they are reporting that it's all calm.

My wife and I had MSNBC on the other night and their on the street reporter was saying it's a calm protest, a few minutes later he was squeeling how the police were shooting at him. The guy was in the middle of the street with rocks coming over his head towards the police and he was saying it's peaceful. My wife commented what an idiot he was and reporters are supposed to report the news not be the news.

MSNBC is unashamedly left wing.

CNN does not strike me as left wing.

It just strikes me as rational.

You can see Trump and his so called administration is a total disaster without being left wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Something I noticed after moving to the US is how little is actual news and more opinion pieces than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,951 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"One America" seems like it would be their cup of tea. Pro Trump propaganda with far right agitators as their some of their "personalities".
    John Oliver did a good piece on them the other week:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Is there any chance at all of any peer reviewed paper or verifiable data to back up your assertions above? Anything at all please? Otherwise it just comes across as "the media say things/show things I don't like therefore I can't trust them, you can't trust them". Paranoia doesn't lend itself to debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,985 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

MSNBC is unashamedly left wing.

CNN does not strike me as left wing.

It just strikes me as rational.

Its plain to see that CNN despise Trump ,they are probably the most anti Trump network out there .
    The ironic thing is that they were the network that initially gave him the most air time when he launched his Presidential campaign .
    They thought he'd be a great story but they never thought he'd actually win.

Larry King said "CNN stopped doing news a long time ago, they do Trump,”
    https://www.thewrap.com/larry-king-slams-cnn-network-stopped-doing-news-a-long-time-ago/

This is a good watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

CNN are hopelessly biased, and just hopeless also.

I lived abroad for years where CNN was the only English-language news channel I had, and the quality of their coverage of anything was horrendous.

As somebody said earlier, the amount of actual news on these channels is much much less than the amount of opinion from some blowhard anchor.

CNN, NY Times and WaPo are all gunning for Trump, no point trying to deny it. They go beyond fair reporting of him, which is a shame because, firstly, they should just be impartial, and secondly, it's grist for his 'lamestream media' mill.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement