Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

HDMI wrote: »
    MSNBC,,, Rachel Maddow bonkers nut job off the scale left.

Who's won many awards for her journalism, or are those pan-partisan awards just a domain for the left too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

At this point being anti Trump doesn't make one left wing, it simply makes one an opponent of fascism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Joe Biden now favourite with the bookmakers.

Biden 10/11
    Trump 11/10

The recently announced surprising rebound in economic and jobs figures reported vs the forecast figures may help to change those odds again though.

At this point being anti Trump doesn't make one left wing, it simply makes one an opponent of fascism.

Lol.

Far Leftism is a disability. Don't be listening to those people. You are better than that

Lol.

Far Leftism is a disability. Don't be listening to those people. You are better than that
    Neither Mitt Romney nor George Bush are even centrist, never mind 'far left', they're just not pro fascist. Neither si general mattis who openly, and accurately, compared him to Hitler and the nazis only a few days ago.

If you consider those three far left it says a lot about where you land on the political spectrum.

• Advertisement

Neither Mitt Romney nor George Bush are even centrist, they're just not pro fascist. Neither si general mattis who openly, and accurately, compared him to Hitler and the nazis only a few days ago.

Oh Mitt Romney and George Bush said something. Changes all . And general Mattis as a kicker.

I change my opinion completely. Lol

Post the quote from Mattis "comparing him to Hitler and the nazis". Just so we all can see. Don't post an article just the quote. Thanks

Oh Mitt Romney and George Bush said something. Changes all . And general Mattis as a kicker.

I change my opinion completely. Lol
    Get out of that garden and bring that muck with you.
    In the politics forum the other day, I also highlighted the similarities between Trump and Hitler that Mattis was likely referring to. Feel free to lulz away at them too.

---

Running through their shared fascist tendencies with a mix of copy/paste from this article by experts on fascism, and my own words: https://www.gq.com/story/is-america-heading-towards-fascism

1. An Era of Social Upheaval - Fascism tends to arise out of a very specific set of circumstances: when a group of people that once felt politically and economically secure suddenly finds themselves feeling marginalized. After World War I, devastating hyperinflation and unemployment exacerbated the humiliation of Germany’s defeat, fomenting widespread disillusionment among its citizens. In his review of historian Hannah Arendt’s classic work The Origins of Totalitarianism, Isaac describes a “generalized crisis of legitimacy” throughout post-war Europe in which “large numbers of people felt dispossessed, disenfranchised, and disconnected from dominant social institutions,” unsure how they fit into the emerging world order—if at all anymore. This a perfect descriptor for a lot of Trump's modern day support, especially 'rust belters'.

2. A Nostalgia for a Lost, Glorious Past - German dictator Adolf Hitler cast his Third Reich as the successor to the pre-war German Empire, and to the Holy Roman Empire before that vs Trump's "Make America Great Again" (compared to when, exactly?)

3. The Scapegoating of Minority Groups
    Once a group has identified a problem, they must identify a way to fix it. And this, says Dumm, is a key moment in the emergence of fascism. “When people are feeling insecure about their status, they can go one of two ways,” he explains. “They can say, ‘We have to work together to make things better.’ But the fascist response is to find scapegoats, and build the idea things will be better if these people are marginalized and dealt with.” ... Academic studies of 2016 Trump voters suggest that white Christian males were more motivated by the perceived loss of their group's dominant status than by economic well-being. Scapegoating enables people to duck their collective responsibility to solve hard problems, or to even think about what causes foundational economic shifts in the first place. It is easier, for example, to blame immigrants and refugees for disappearing jobs than it is to grapple with the intertwined complexities of globalization, climate change, and the steady accumulation of corporate power.

4. A Strongman Savior - fascism relies on a strong, charismatic authoritarian figure, uniquely equipped to do what must be done to solve the problem without allowing pesky institutions to stand in the way. The leader becomes the vessel for the authentic will of the people, and any dissenters become enemies of the state. ... Egomaniacal, almost messianic declarations are common among fascist strongmen. ... Hitler declared himself the true representative of “have-nots” everywhere. “I know that the whole German nation is behind me,” he said. “I am the guardian of its future, and I act accordingly.” ... While accepting his party’s presidential nomination at the Republication National Convention in 2016, Trump declared his own political uniqueness. “Nobody knows the system better than me,” he told attendees, “which is why I alone can fix it.”

5. The Stifling of Dissent - Hitler consolidated power by suspending civil liberties and cutting the legislature out of the lawmaking process. We are seeing this today in Trump's attempts to completely undermine the law, primarily through William Barr who was appointed on the back of a 19 page letter explcitly arguing the law does not apply to Trump, with mail in voting rights (mail in voting that Trump uses) being the latest of many examples ... He has, for example, referred to journalists as “the enemy of the people,” frequently calling out specific outlets and reporters who publish stories he does not like. He has also advocated for the imprisonment of political rivals, asserted that Democratic politicians "hate America," and dismissed as illegitimate any attempts to exercise oversight over his administration’s alleged wrongdoing.

6. Ritualistic Communal Bonding - Rallies are integral to the strength of fascism because they reiterate its core promises: that the nation must be restored to its rightful place in the world, and the leader is solely capable of bringing about that result. ... In Nazi Germany, rallies were choreographed affairs that built party loyalty and glorified nationalistic might. Hitler wrote of the “suggestive ecstasy” that comes with having one’s views affirmed by thousands of fellow rally-goers, and relied heavily on stage lighting and other theatrical effects to enthrall audiences with spectacle. Trump, a show business and social media personality before entering politics, understands the importance of spectacle, too. His “Make America Great Again” rallies are televised rituals in which he encourages attendees to join one another—and him—in acts of cathartic release. (In a recent op-ed, the New York Times’s Jamelle Bouie attributed Trump’s “unbreakable bond" with supporters to the permission he gives them to “express their sense of siege.”)

---

Expanding further in my own words with a few other examples, including but absolutely not limited to:
    Moving beyond that, we have the fact that Trump wedged his way into the public consciousness using a new medium that could reach the masses which most other politicians had not fully latched on to, and which would allow him to shout down others and create an echo chamber, namely social media and especially Twitter. This is also true of Hitler, as the inventor of the megaphone went to his grave feeling somewhat responsible for the rise of the Nazi party due to Hitler's (and Goebbels') masterful use of it, while many other politicians were simply shouting from the top of their lungs at much smaller gatherings.

We have the systemic use of concentration camps for some of the vilified minorities upon whom societies problems can be blamed, from above. Sure it's 'their rapists and murderers' that are coming to the southern US border, who cares if they get thrown into concentration camps, children separated from their parents and all in the process? Thankfully Trump's are not on the scale nor murderous tendencies of Hitler's, but to be honest at this point I would not find myself all that surprised if he were to attempt to use similar for protesters seen on the street, or if he were to escalate their 'uses'.

Trump also literally borrows language and phrases used by explicit supporters of Hitler and the Nazi party during the 1930s and 40s in the US, particularly 'America First'.

Then you have the fact that Trump's administration has been found to have actual white supremacists and neo Nazis within it, perhaps most notably Stephen Miller, which is why they actual U.S Justice Department were sending links to anti-Semitic websites to prominent Jewish groups, in other words not even trying to hide it - https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2019/08/23/federal-judges-received-link-an-anti-semitic-blog-post-it-came-justice-department/ . Trump refuses to so much as acknowledge any of this, never mind act against it.

You also have the dehumanisation and attempts to paint those politically opposed to him as 'violent animals' and the likes, while glossing over and ignoring the violence of his own 'very fine' supporters, something Hitler and the Nazis used to great effect to silence opposition and even frame their own supporters acts of violence as committed by others. For all his eagerness to call in the actual army to slaughter protesters in recent days, it was only a few weeks ago that Trump was actively calling for armed uprisings to 'liberate' states with Democratic governors who refused to reopen for him.

The aggressive stuffing of the federal courts with judges based on nothing more than political ideology (many of whom have been entirely under-qualified, some even without a single trial's worth of experience) and subjecting them to executive oversight (e.g. "don't step out of line") fits in perfectly with Gleichschaltung, as the Nazi's had a bit of an obsession with trying to do just about everything that the Weimar administration before them had put in place just as Trump is with Obama.

The list could go on and on, but it largely revolves around:
    - Build populist, angry following on a vague sense of nostalgia and anger about the present, directing said anger towards particular groups who can be blamed for all of societies wrongs rather than looking at the wider picture.
    - Unify this following with constant engagement, rallies, and contact to reinforce these ideas, vilify all opposition as 'liars' and create a siege mentality so that any dissenting voices will not be listened to regardless of their validity. This also makes it clear to all within that stepping out of line will create serious issues for anyone who dates (the recent movie Jojo Rabbit captured this quite well). Place yourself as an infallible strong man with all the answers for any issue that might arise, and anyone who dissents as merely jealous of your glory or an enemy of the people.
    - Use this anger to mobilise your voter base, both to the booth and out into the public to intimidate and threaten anyone who dares speak against you.
    - If/when this escalates into violence, ensure to blame the opposition wherever possible and avoid doing so with your own supporters. Downplay your own supporters instances of violence while using any and all from the opposition as reasons to further impose your own authority, preferably with structures in place to do so with minimal obstruction (courts under your control, a congress that will refuse to convict you even when they admit you are guilty, etc). Wherever possible, blow up any institution that might not be willing to submit to you as such (typically referred to as purges, though they can also be mass resignations)/
    - If the opportunity to escalate the violence and tensions in instances involving opposition occurs, always always always take it.
    - Never let an opportunity pass to sow division among any who speak out against you in any capacity whatsoever, even when it might seem unnecessary to the casual onlooker. If two separate groups in the opposition have their own disagreements but believe they can still work together and very much see you as the common enemy, make sure you and your support are at all instances shouting how "the [opposition] are eating each other!" and use this to reinforce your dehumanisation of them as uncivil, inferior, and entirely unfit to rule.
    - Inch by inch, use the above tactics to try and take over every facet of government, and as many aspects of public and private life as possible. Turn up the temperature as appropriate - what your supporters might not agree with today, they can be convinced are perfectly acceptable tomorrow or the day after (which has very much been a feature of the last 3-4 years of the Trump presidency, predictions of his actions his supporters would have given a "lol yeah right!" response to in 2016 or 2017, they in 2020 will instead respond to with "yeah, and he is right").

In the politics forum the other day, I also highlighted the similarities between Trump and Hitler that Mattis was likely referring to. Feel free to lulz away at them too.

---

Running through their shared fascist tendencies with a mix of copy/paste from this article by experts on fascism, and my own words: https://www.gq.com/story/is-america-heading-towards-fascism

1. An Era of Social Upheaval - Fascism tends to arise out of a very specific set of circumstances: when a group of people that once felt politically and economically secure suddenly finds themselves feeling marginalized. After World War I, devastating hyperinflation and unemployment exacerbated the humiliation of Germany’s defeat, fomenting widespread disillusionment among its citizens. In his review of historian Hannah Arendt’s classic work The Origins of Totalitarianism, Isaac describes a “generalized crisis of legitimacy” throughout post-war Europe in which “large numbers of people felt dispossessed, disenfranchised, and disconnected from dominant social institutions,” unsure how they fit into the emerging world order—if at all anymore. This a perfect descriptor for a lot of Trump's modern day support, especially 'rust belters'.

2. A Nostalgia for a Lost, Glorious Past - German dictator Adolf Hitler cast his Third Reich as the successor to the pre-war German Empire, and to the Holy Roman Empire before that vs Trump's "Make America Great Again" (compared to when, exactly?)

3. The Scapegoating of Minority Groups
    Once a group has identified a problem, they must identify a way to fix it. And this, says Dumm, is a key moment in the emergence of fascism. “When people are feeling insecure about their status, they can go one of two ways,” he explains. “They can say, ‘We have to work together to make things better.’ But the fascist response is to find scapegoats, and build the idea things will be better if these people are marginalized and dealt with.” ... Academic studies of 2016 Trump voters suggest that white Christian males were more motivated by the perceived loss of their group's dominant status than by economic well-being. Scapegoating enables people to duck their collective responsibility to solve hard problems, or to even think about what causes foundational economic shifts in the first place. It is easier, for example, to blame immigrants and refugees for disappearing jobs than it is to grapple with the intertwined complexities of globalization, climate change, and the steady accumulation of corporate power.

4. A Strongman Savior - fascism relies on a strong, charismatic authoritarian figure, uniquely equipped to do what must be done to solve the problem without allowing pesky institutions to stand in the way. The leader becomes the vessel for the authentic will of the people, and any dissenters become enemies of the state. ... Egomaniacal, almost messianic declarations are common among fascist strongmen. ... Hitler declared himself the true representative of “have-nots” everywhere. “I know that the whole German nation is behind me,” he said. “I am the guardian of its future, and I act accordingly.” ... While accepting his party’s presidential nomination at the Republication National Convention in 2016, Trump declared his own political uniqueness. “Nobody knows the system better than me,” he told attendees, “which is why I alone can fix it.”

5. The Stifling of Dissent - Hitler consolidated power by suspending civil liberties and cutting the legislature out of the lawmaking process. We are seeing this today in Trump's attempts to completely undermine the law, primarily through William Barr who was appointed on the back of a 19 page letter explcitly arguing the law does not apply to Trump, with mail in voting rights (mail in voting that Trump uses) being the latest of many examples ... He has, for example, referred to journalists as “the enemy of the people,” frequently calling out specific outlets and reporters who publish stories he does not like. He has also advocated for the imprisonment of political rivals, asserted that Democratic politicians "hate America," and dismissed as illegitimate any attempts to exercise oversight over his administration’s alleged wrongdoing.

6. Ritualistic Communal Bonding - Rallies are integral to the strength of fascism because they reiterate its core promises: that the nation must be restored to its rightful place in the world, and the leader is solely capable of bringing about that result. ... In Nazi Germany, rallies were choreographed affairs that built party loyalty and glorified nationalistic might. Hitler wrote of the “suggestive ecstasy” that comes with having one’s views affirmed by thousands of fellow rally-goers, and relied heavily on stage lighting and other theatrical effects to enthrall audiences with spectacle. Trump, a show business and social media personality before entering politics, understands the importance of spectacle, too. His “Make America Great Again” rallies are televised rituals in which he encourages attendees to join one another—and him—in acts of cathartic release. (In a recent op-ed, the New York Times’s Jamelle Bouie attributed Trump’s “unbreakable bond" with supporters to the permission he gives them to “express their sense of siege.”)

---

Expanding further in my own words with a few other examples, including but absolutely not limited to:
    Moving beyond that, we have the fact that Trump wedged his way into the public consciousness using a new medium that could reach the masses which most other politicians had not fully latched on to, and which would allow him to shout down others and create an echo chamber, namely social media and especially Twitter. This is also true of Hitler, as the inventor of the megaphone went to his grave feeling somewhat responsible for the rise of the Nazi party due to Hitler's (and Goebbels') masterful use of it, while many other politicians were simply shouting from the top of their lungs at much smaller gatherings.

We have the systemic use of concentration camps for some of the vilified minorities upon whom societies problems can be blamed, from above. Sure it's 'their rapists and murderers' that are coming to the southern US border, who cares if they get thrown into concentration camps, children separated from their parents and all in the process? Thankfully Trump's are not on the scale nor murderous tendencies of Hitler's, but to be honest at this point I would not find myself all that surprised if he were to attempt to use similar for protesters seen on the street, or if he were to escalate their 'uses'.

Trump also literally borrows language and phrases used by explicit supporters of Hitler and the Nazi party during the 1930s and 40s in the US, particularly 'America First'.

Then you have the fact that Trump's administration has been found to have actual white supremacists and neo Nazis within it, perhaps most notably Stephen Miller, which is why they actual U.S Justice Department were sending links to anti-Semitic websites to prominent Jewish groups, in other words not even trying to hide it - https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2019/08/23/federal-judges-received-link-an-anti-semitic-blog-post-it-came-justice-department/ . Trump refuses to so much as acknowledge any of this, never mind act against it.

You also have the dehumanisation and attempts to paint those politically opposed to him as 'violent animals' and the likes, while glossing over and ignoring the violence of his own 'very fine' supporters, something Hitler and the Nazis used to great effect to silence opposition and even frame their own supporters acts of violence as committed by others. For all his eagerness to call in the actual army to slaughter protesters in recent days, it was only a few weeks ago that Trump was actively calling for armed uprisings to 'liberate' states with Democratic governors who refused to reopen for him.

The aggressive stuffing of the federal courts with judges based on nothing more than political ideology (many of whom have been entirely under-qualified, some even without a single trial's worth of experience) and subjecting them to executive oversight (e.g. "don't step out of line") fits in perfectly with Gleichschaltung, as the Nazi's had a bit of an obsession with trying to do just about everything that the Weimar administration before them had put in place just as Trump is with Obama.

The list could go on and on, but it largely revolves around:
    - Build populist, angry following on a vague sense of nostalgia and anger about the present, directing said anger towards particular groups who can be blamed for all of societies wrongs rather than looking at the wider picture.
    - Unify this following with constant engagement, rallies, and contact to reinforce these ideas, vilify all opposition as 'liars' and create a siege mentality so that any dissenting voices will not be listened to regardless of their validity. This also makes it clear to all within that stepping out of line will create serious issues for anyone who dates (the recent movie Jojo Rabbit captured this quite well). Place yourself as an infallible strong man with all the answers for any issue that might arise, and anyone who dissents as merely jealous of your glory or an enemy of the people.
    - Use this anger to mobilise your voter base, both to the booth and out into the public to intimidate and threaten anyone who dares speak against you.
    - If/when this escalates into violence, ensure to blame the opposition wherever possible and avoid doing so with your own supporters. Downplay your own supporters instances of violence while using any and all from the opposition as reasons to further impose your own authority, preferably with structures in place to do so with minimal obstruction (courts under your control, a congress that will refuse to convict you even when they admit you are guilty, etc). Wherever possible, blow up any institution that might not be willing to submit to you as such (typically referred to as purges, though they can also be mass resignations)/
    - If the opportunity to escalate the violence and tensions in instances involving opposition occurs, always always always take it.
    - Never let an opportunity pass to sow division among any who speak out against you in any capacity whatsoever, even when it might seem unnecessary to the casual onlooker. If two separate groups in the opposition have their own disagreements but believe they can still work together and very much see you as the common enemy, make sure you and your support are at all instances shouting how "the [opposition] are eating each other!" and use this to reinforce your dehumanisation of them as uncivil, inferior, and entirely unfit to rule.
    - Inch by inch, use the above tactics to try and take over every facet of government, and as many aspects of public and private life as possible. Turn up the temperature as appropriate - what your supporters might not agree with today, they can be convinced are perfectly acceptable tomorrow or the day after (which has very much been a feature of the last 3-4 years of the Trump presidency, predictions of his actions his supporters would have given a "lol yeah right!" response to in 2016 or 2017, they in 2020 will instead respond to with "yeah, and he is right").

Garbage. Sounds like the CNN business model

Post Mattis quote

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

Actually it means you support fascism. Democratics were the party of slave owners and nothing much has changed. They now use the media to manufacture systematic racism to brainwash their viewers. Only if a white cop kills a black person it is sensationalised to create a narrative of police brutality. Any other death is ignored by the fake MSM. This leads those brainwashed by the MSM thinking the Dems try to help the black Americans when in reality they do the opposite. This is why the MSM is a great tool for those that control the world to manipulate whole populations to believing false narratives.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Actually it means you support fascism. Democratics were the party of slave owners and nothing much has changed. They now use the media to manufacture systematic racism to brainwash their viewers. Only if a white cop kills a black person it is sensationalised to create a narrative of police brutality. Any other death is ignored by the fake MSM. This leads those brainwashed by the MSM thinking the Dems try to help the black Americans when in reality they do the opposite. This is why the MSM is a great tool for those that control the world to manipulate whole populations to believing false narratives.

source.gif

Is there anything more cringing than the phrase "MSM"?

• Advertisement

Post Mattis quote
    Translation: you can't argue with my post.

"Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that 'The Nazi slogan for destroying us ... was "Divide and Conquer." Our American answer is "In Union there is Strength."' We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis — confident that we are better than our politics,"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Lamestream media is up there

Post Mattis quote

That's the best response you can come up with? Really??

Translation: you can't argue with my post.

"Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that 'The Nazi slogan for destroying us ... was "Divide and Conquer." Our American answer is "In Union there is Strength."' We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis — confident that we are better than our politics,"

And where in that quote does "Mattis compared Trump to Hitler and the nazis" live?

Your comment and the actual quote don't align. Shameful enough but thanks for posting quote.

duploelabs wrote: »
    That's the best response you can come up with? Really??

Why bother writing a thought out reply to the unhinged thoughts of some internet person. Its garbage. That's my opinion

And where in that quote does "Mattis compared Trump to Hitler and the nazis" live?

Your comment and the actual quote don't align. Shameful enough but thanks for posting quote.
    Here you go

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people — does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us," Mattis wrote in a statement published by The Atlantic.

"Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that 'The Nazi slogan for destroying us ... was "Divide and Conquer." Our American answer is "In Union there is Strength."' We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis — confident that we are better than our politics," Mattis wrote.

---

Still unable to argue with my post on how trump and Hitler are similar, I see.

Why bother writing a thought out reply to the unhinged thoughts of some internet person. Its garbage. That's my opinion

And yet you can't even say how. Probably because you didn't even read it, since you managed to reply to it (11:55) within one minute of my posting it (11:54). Says a lot.

Because that's what they did for you? Yknow, debate and stuff. If you think it's bull, show us exactly why? Or is it just because it doesn't fit with your narrative

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Post Mattis quote

You read all that in a minute. Impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

And yet you can't even say how. Probably because you didn't even read it, since you managed to reply to it (11:55) within one minute of my posting it (11:54). Says a lot.
    Oof :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Democratics were the party of slave owners and nothing much has changed.

This isn't 1870. Even Lincoln wasn't for abolition initially. Do any Democrats own slaves now? No? Guess things have changed then. I have a surprise for you - things can evolve over time and become a different entity. You need a better argument.

This isn't 1870. Even Lincoln wasn't for abolition initially. Do any Democrats own slaves now? No? Guess things have changed then. I have a surprise for you - things can evolve over time and become a different entity. You need a better argument.

Also, he'd have to entirely ignore the existence of the southern strategy.

Here you go

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people — does not even pretend to try. Instead, he tries to divide us," Mattis wrote in a statement published by The Atlantic.

"Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that 'The Nazi slogan for destroying us ... was "Divide and Conquer." Our American answer is "In Union there is Strength."' We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis — confident that we are better than our politics," Mattis wrote.

---

Still unable to argue with my post on how trump and Hitler are similar, I see.

You are basing your whole narrative on the fact that Trump said he will bring in the military if states refuse to bring in the national guard to manage riots.

Hitler seized power when the German economy was in the gutter after ww1 and the great depression. He based the whole economy on rebuilding the military. All economic focus was on building the military. Once they were strong enough they attacked Austria. The beginning of ww2

Off your nut to say its the same

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

You are basing your whole narrative on the fact that Trump said he will bring in the military if states refuse to bring in the national guard to manage riots.

Hitler seized power when the German economy was in the gutter after ww1 and the great depression. He based the whole economy on rebuilding the military. All economic focus was on building the military. Once they were strong enough they attacked Austria. The beginning of ww2

The invasion of Poland was the beginning of WW2 for Germany.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

You don't trust the "mainstream media", we get it. Where do you get your news from?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Brian? wrote: »
    No it isn’t.

I’ll give you there is a possible equivalence between FOX and MSNBC. But not CNN.

Even MSNBC isn’t as biased as Fox is.

This whole “CNN is the mouthpiece of the Democratic Party” only started because they had the audacity to actually report the news and ask tough question.

CNN is pro establishment, pro corporate.

The only bias they have is to make as much as revenue as possible. Their ridiculous graphics is sort of the hint that they don't really care about journalism.

Have you tried reading a history book at all?

they/them/theirs

CNN is pro establishment, pro corporate.

The only bias they have is to make as much as revenue as possible. Their ridiculous graphics is sort of the hint that they don't really care about journalism.

I'd agree.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The invasion of Poland was the beginning of WW2 for Germany.

Some say the takeover of Czechslovkia was the start of WWII.

• Advertisement

Some say the takeover of Czechslovkia was the start of WWII.

Either would be acceptable. Not the peaceful annexation of Austria though.

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement