Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,593 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

kilns wrote:
    Ok so I get you are saying that Democrats should have higher standards than Republicans? Some say the Democrats need to keep their standards high and not sink to the current levels of the Republican Party others say get down in the dirt and beat them at their own game.
    My feeling is anything which defeats the worst human being to hold the office of the president of the United States should be used because you know well if Powell endorsed Trump, Powel would have been the greatest general in the history of the United States.
    The Democrats have got down and dirty and it's been horrible to watch. All we have now is lies and made up stories from both sides. I think a lot of people have lost respect for both sides.
    I've always believed that the Democrats should have learned from 2016 to prep a clean, younger candidate and maintain the higher ground. I think it was quite obvious that this was the best way forward then.
    They didn't do either of those things and as a result we cannot predict the outcome of this election with any degree of certainty despite all the horrendous stuff that Trump has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

eagle eye wrote: »
    The Democrats have got down and dirty and it's been horrible to watch. All we have now is lies and made up stories from both sides. I think a lot of people have lost respect for both sides.
    I've always believed that the Democrats should have learned from 2016 to prep a clean, younger candidate and maintain the higher ground. I think it was quite obvious that this was the best way forward then.
    They didn't do either of those things and as a result we cannot predict the outcome of this election with any degree of certainty despite all the horrendous stuff that Trump has done.
    They needed a new Bill Clinton, instead they got two geriatrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Will be curious as to who Biden picks for the VP.

ELM327 wrote: »
    They needed a new Bill Clinton, instead they got two geriatrics.

The debates are going to be memorable, probably for the wrong reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Will be curious as to who Biden picks for the VP.

The debates are going to be memorable, probably for the wrong reasons.

My money is Val Demings she ticks all the right boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

kilns wrote: »
    My money is Val Demings she ticks all the right boxes

Seems a better pick than Harris. Stacey Abrams might be in with a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

eagle eye wrote: »

I think you could say the democrats did learnt heir lesson from 2016. They tried to 'go high' when republicans 'went low' and the american public rejected it. They changed tact in 2018 and had great success in the midterms because of it. This is why they say in a democracy, yo u deserve the leadership that you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭lalababa

All this talk and argument about two men. Nothing about general policy.
    Idiotic from start to finish. The US election system is for children.
    What are the 3 main policies of each camp for the election?
    Race relations,
    Healthcare,
    Rich & poor divide.

mastive wrote: »
    “You think I’m getting any good publicity out of this? No. I will be excoriated by simple-minded people on the Internet who think somehow I don’t like Emmett Till or appreciate the history of Emmett Till,” Paul said. “I’ll be lectured by everybody.”

Paul presented a scenario in which, under the bill being considered, someone could be shoved to the floor in a bar and suffer minor injuries and be accused of lynching. He said that could lead to unfair incarcerations.

As opposed to let’s lynch someone as it’s not against the law. The whole senate were in a favor of this bill and that’s a rare thing in itself. This is what Rand Paul does, he has done it in the past and he will do it again. He is a useless senator who inherited his fathers legacy and it’s the likes of him that the people of California and New York have deciding their federal laws

lalababa wrote: »
    Race relations,
    Healthcare,
    Rich & poor divide.

Don’t forget MAGA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I think you could say the democrats did learnt heir lesson from 2016. They tried to 'go high' when republicans 'went low' and the american public rejected it. They changed tact in 2018 and had great success in the midterms because of it. This is why they say in a democracy, yo u deserve the leadership that you get.
    Paying the Russians for dirty intel in order to create a bogus dossier that was used to trick the FISA courts into allowing the Democrat administration and their operatives to spy on a political campaign and then undertake a soft coup against a duly elected president... was trying to go high? Probably the worst political crime in US history. Dear god, I hate to see the bar you’ve set for Democrats going low.

(I’ve been infected with the dreaded BOARDSVID-503 virus. I guess Boards decided it was best to quarantine me for an expended period of time and was unable to post. Who knew conservative thought spread the dang thing.)

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Race relations,
    Healthcare,
    Rich & poor divide.

Don’t forget MAGA

notobtuse wrote: »
    Paying the Russians for dirty intel in order to create a bogus dossier that was used to trick the FISA courts into allowing the Democrat administration and their operatives to spy on a political campaign and then undertake a soft coup against a duly elected president... was trying to go high? Probably the worst political crime in US history. Dear god, I hate to see the bar you’ve set for Democrats going low.

(I’ve been infected with the dreaded BOARDSVID-503 virus. I guess Boards decided it was best to quarantine me for an expended period of time and was unable to post. Who knew conservative thought spread the dang thing.)

Yep up there for openly inviting the Russians to hack servers for dirt on your politically opponents.

kilns wrote: »
    Yep up there for openly inviting the Russians to hack servers for dirt on your politically opponents.
    I don't remember that. But I understand twisting things around is the democrat standard operating procedure.

Why don't you post what he actually said... the whole thing?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Race relations,
    Healthcare,
    Rich & poor divide.

Oh people couldn't be bothered discussing those things. Are you mad?

Trump's tweets are far more fun.

If they did that in America, they would soon realise how similar the main parties are.

I don't remember that. But I understand twisting things around is the democrat standard operating procedure.

I am not going to search through all his campaigns in 2016 but he openly invited Russians to find Hillarys emails, you know that as well as anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Whats the point?

Genuinely, there is no point to engaging on this level with you. You know what he said. We know what he said, but sure if we're going to do this lets do this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/03/reviewing-trumps-call-russian-hacking-after-mueller/585838/
    “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” he said, referring to the Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s deleted messages. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

Actually...here's a question for you? Why was he asking Russia for help if he wasn't colluding with them?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Whats the point?

Genuinely, there is no point to engaging on this level with you. You know what he said. We know what he said, but sure if we're going to do this lets do this.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/03/reviewing-trumps-call-russian-hacking-after-mueller/585838/

Actually...here's a question for you? Why was he asking Russia for help if he wasn't colluding with them?
    Actually, I remember what he said AND meant. I remember the light-hearted comment and his laughter afterward. He was talking about someone ALREADY having the emails that Clinton illegally deleted after a receiving a congressional subpoena from the House Select Committee and that they should be shared with the US authorities. He also clarified it...

“If Russia or any other country or person has Hillary Clinton's 33,000 illegally deleted emails, perhaps they should share them with the FBI!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Actually, I remember what he said AND meant. I remember the light-hearted comment and his laughter afterward. He was talking about someone ALREADY having the emails that Clinton illegally deleted after a receiving a congressional subpoena from the House Select Committee and that they should be shared with the US authorities. He also clarified it...

“If Russia or any other country or person has Hillary Clinton's 33,000 illegally deleted emails, perhaps they should share them with the FBI!"

Are you now claiming to have telepathy?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Are you now claiming to have telepathy?
    Nope, just listening to what he said and read without the benefit of the liberal bias filter.

Is that so...

Cos...
    “Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said, referring to emails Mrs. Clinton had deleted from the private account she had used when she was secretary of state. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

As it turns out, that same day, the Russians — whether they had tuned in or not — made their first effort to break into the servers used by Mrs. Clinton’s personal office, according to a sweeping 29-page indictment unsealed Friday by the special counsel’s office that charged 12 Russians with election hacking.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/us/politics/trump-russia-clinton-emails.html

Turns out they didn't get the joke; also, how do you know what he meant?

Also you should be honest about where you pulled that quote from, he put it up on twitter later that day, he didn't say it at the conference (might have been a little too obvious)

• Advertisement

Ah the Sarah Saunders line of defence, he was joking didnt you know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Nope, just listening to what he said and read without the benefit of the liberal bias filter.

That's not exactly how it works, professor X you are not

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Is that so...

Cos...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/07/13/us/politics/trump-russia-clinton-emails.html

Turns out they didn't get the joke; also, how do you know what he meant?

Also you should be honest about where you pulled that quote from, he put it up on twitter later that day, he didn't say it at the conference (might have been a little too obvious)
    The biased democrat media handmaidens didn't get Trump's humor... well, knock me over with a feather.

Notice the media never prints or shows what he said just prior to the comment, or his laughter afterwards. Shocking... simply shocking... not really.

I noted he clarified the comment. What's your beef?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

You're quoting a tweet there.

He said this at a press conference in 2016:
    "Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens."

He then said this:
    "By the way, they hacked — they probably have her 33,000 emails. I hope they do. They probably have her 33,000 emails that she lost and deleted because you'd see some beauties there. So let's see."

When asked whether he was encouraging a foreign country to hack into emails, he said:
    "Now, if Russia or China or any other country has those emails, I mean, to be honest with you, I'd love to see them."

The biased democrat media handmaidens didn't get Trump's humor... well, knock me over with a feather.

Notice the media never prints or shows what he said just prior to the comment, or his laughter afterwards. Shocking... simply shocking... not really.

you are unreal ha ha, you probably agree with Barr that pepper balls and pepper spray are not chemical weapons

Ok so can't dispute anything I posted.

Just attack the BiAsED LibURal MeDia.

Come on, you can do better than that.

All I did was post his own words and sections of the report into him. Nothing to do with the media.

Please tell me what part was incorrect?

He said those things; Russia followed up, he realised he made it too obvious and posted a crap retraction on Twitter.

You're quoting a tweet there.

He said this at a press conference in 2016:
    "Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens."

He then said this:
    "By the way, they hacked — they probably have her 33,000 emails. I hope they do. They probably have her 33,000 emails that she lost and deleted because you'd see some beauties there. So let's see."

When asked whether he was encouraging a foreign country to hack into emails, he said:
    "Now, if Russia or China or any other country has those emails, I mean, to be honest with you, I'd love to see them."
    Thank you for that. You just proved Trump was talking about someone already having the emails, not asking for someone to hack Clinton.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Thank you for that. You just proved Trump was talking about someone already having the emails, not asking for someone to hack Clinton.

"Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,"

He's asking Russia to go and find the emails.

"Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,"

He's asking Russia to go and find the emails.
    Do you even read what you write before hitting 'Submit Reply?'

• Advertisement

Do you even read what you write before hitting 'Submit Reply?'

Really leaving yourself open there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement