Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Biden said 10-15% of our citizens are not very good people. Looking at the population that amounts to upwards of 51 million bad people in the country according to Joe. We had about 63 million people vote for Trump in 2016. What is with these democrats and their ability not to sick their foot in their mouths with the Basket of Deplorables type speech?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

notobtuse wrote: »
    Biden said 10-15% of our citizens are not very good people. Looking at the population that amounts to upwards of 51 million bad people in the country according to Joe. We had about 63 million people vote for Trump in 2016. What is with these democrats and their ability not to sick their foot in their mouths with the Basket of Deplorables type speech?

tbf to Donald, he did say there were very good people on both sides so he has that going for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Do you even read what you write before hitting 'Submit Reply?'

I do. Why do you ask?

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Really leaving yourself open there.
    What is everyone all bent out of shape about? The 33,000 emails that Clinton deleted AFTER receiving a Congressional subpoena were all about yoga and her daughter’s wedding, according to Clinton, and no classified or Top Secret material was deleted. There wouldn’t be any sensitive material in them, right? You believe her, right?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

What is everyone all bent out of shape about? The 33,000 emails that Clinton deleted AFTER receiving a Congressional subpoena were all about yoga and her daughter’s wedding, according to Clinton, and no classified or Top Secret material was deleted. There wouldn’t be any sensitive material in them, right? You believe her, right?

Yeah well, If it's what you say, I love it especially later in the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Cue Fox News - but what about Hillary’s emails. And not a mention of Jared or Ivanka using private email servers for White House business. But let’s not go too hard on Ivanka, times of hardship have been great time for her personal growth

duploelabs wrote: »
    Who's won many awards for her journalism, or are those pan-partisan awards just a domain for the left too?
    You’re kidding right? Who hands out these awards... Mickey Mouse? Maddow is no journalist. In the most recent libel case filed against her she had to admit to the courts she was merely an entertainer, and not a journalist, in order not to be held libel.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

kilns wrote: »
    Cue Fox News - but what about Hillary’s emails. And not a mention of Jared or Ivanka using private email servers for White House business. But let’s not go too hard on Ivanka, times of hardship have been great time for her personal growth

I heard she broke a nail the other day. a fantastic opportunity for personal growth.

Ivanka and Jared did not know they were running afoul of the dictates on archives. Hillary Clinton DID. Jared and Ivanka gave everything to the archives. Hillary did not. So spare me some contrived comparison.

You’re kidding right? Who hands out these awards... Mickey Mouse? Maddow is no journalist. In the most recent libel case filed against her she had to admit to the courts she was merely an entertainer, and not a journalist, in order not to be held libel.

Fox use the same trick

• Advertisement

Fox use the same trick
    Only those on the left would believe the truth to be a trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ivanka and Jared did not know they were running afoul of the dictates on archives. Hillary Clinton DID. Jared and Ivanka gave everything to the archives. Hillary did not. So spare me some contrived comparison.

ignorance is no excuse.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Oh Please!- So they spend the previous few years standing beside Daddy(in-law) screaming "but her emails" endlessly and they didn't make the connection and didn't understand that using Private email servers were bad?

So , they are cretins then?

It's either that , or they knew exactly what they were doing and didn't give a damn.

ignorance is no excuse.
    So you're saying the Trumps' are guilty of ignorance and Clinton is guilty of illegal activities?

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Oh Please!- So they spend the previous few years standing beside Daddy(in-law) screaming "but her emails" endlessly and they didn't make the connection and didn't understand that using Private email servers were bad?

So , they are cretins then?

It's either that , or they knew exactly what they were doing and didn't give a damn.

Again, they provided everything to the archives. Did Hillary?

Are you...equating...Fox News....with...the truth?

Just to confirm, you won't be responding to my earlier question as to why you wanted to know if I read my posts before submitting them? Is there something wrong in what I posted about Trump's comment? Could you elaborate?

Now it’s obvious you are trolling. Do you believe Fox always tell the truth? Hannity, Tucker and Ingraham are as much a journalist as you or I and in the past Fox has used the exact term entertainment to avoid being sued

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Not what happened at all , but you already knew that..

Bashant sees the threshold question as whether the objectionable statement is opinion or fact.

Here, the judge first notes the broad context.

"Maddow’s show is different than a typical news segment where anchors inform viewers about the daily news," states the opinion. "The point of Maddow’s show is for her to provide the news but also to offer her opinions as to that news. Therefore, the Court finds that the medium of the alleged defamatory statement makes it more likely that a reasonable viewer would not conclude that the contested statement implies an assertion of objective fact."

Next, the judge looks at the specific context from Maddow's use of the word "literally" — "use of the word can be hyperbolic," according to opinion — to the news host's presentation of the Daily Beast article and failure to mention that Rouz lacked decision-making authority at OAN and was merely a freelancer for Sputnik. Bashant says it doesn't matter. Not all facts must be presented.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,602 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

To directly quote MAGA,

It’s over. She lost. Get over it already.

• Advertisement

Just to confirm, you won't be responding to my earlier question as to why you wanted to know if I read my posts before submitting them? Is there something wrong in what I posted about Trump's comment? Could you elaborate?
    I thought it was evident to everyone not obsessed with bias.

Here’s what you posted. I’ll bold the important parts.
    You're quoting a tweet there.

He said this at a press conference in 2016:
    "Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens."

He then said this:
    "By the way, they hacked — they probably have her 33,000 emails. I hope they do. They probably have her 33,000 emails that she lost and deleted because you'd see some beauties there. So let's see."

When asked whether he was encouraging a foreign country to hack into emails, he said:
    "Now, if Russia or China or any other country has those emails, I mean, to be honest with you, I'd love to see them."

So it’s quite evident, from what YOU POSTED, that Trump believed RUSSIA ALREADY HAD THE EMAILS AND WANTED THEM TO TURN THEM OVER TO THE US... NOT TO GO OUT AND HACK HILLARY.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,602 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Someone is starting to get upset.

You got to love the compete hypocrisy from Trumps admin. They seem to put their foot in it all time. Something like a comedy movie.

After going on about voter fraud. Trumps own talking blonde holds a New Jersey driving license, lives in DC but uses her parents address in Florida to vote. Hmmmm. That’s without counter Donald’s himselfs voter fraud

I thought it was evident to everyone not obsessed with bias.

Here’s what you posted. I’ll bold the important parts.

So it’s quite evident, from what YOU POSTED, that Trump believed RUSSIA ALREADY HAD THE EMAILS AND WANTED THEM TO TURN THEM OVER TO THE US... NOT TO GO OUT AND HACK HILLARY.

But he also said this:

"Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing, I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let’s see if that happens."

So he also asked Russia to find them. Unless you have alternative definitions for 'Russia' and 'I hope you're able to find'.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    “Maddow had inserted her own colorful commentary into and throughout the segment, laughing, expressing her dismay (i.e., saying ‘I mean, what?’) and calling the segment a ‘sparkly story’ and one we must ‘take in stride,'” Judge Cynthia Bashant wrote Friday.

- - - -

“Instead, he or she [the viewer] would follow the facts of the Daily Beast article; that OAN and Sputnik share a reporter and both pay this reporter to write articles. Anything beyond this is Maddow’s opinion or her exaggeration of the facts,” ruled Bashant.

Colorful commentary... translation, her defense is she’s an entertainer as her 'reporting' doesn’t need to be the least bit accurate and she was merely trafficing in fake news.

https://www.redstate.com/bradslager/2020/05/28/845430/

But he also said this:

So he also asked Russia to find them. Unless you have alternative definitions for 'Russia' and 'I hope you're able to find'.
    So your argument is Trump is guilty because you're taking what he said out of the context you provided?

So your argument is Trump is guilty because you're taking what he said out of the context you provided?

I love how the article goes on to say some in Msnbc and CNN are trying to discredit OANN as a credible news source. They don’t have to do that everyone knows that already.

Do you honestly believe Trump did not want Russia to interfere And expose these emails in the hope they had something that could be used against here during the campaign. If you don’t your one naive old man.

I love how the article goes on to say some in Msnbc and CNN are trying to discredit OANN as a credible news source. They don’t have to do that everyone knows that already.

OANN is a parody news source.

Basically set up so when Trump gets thrown out he has his own news channel already set up.

• Advertisement

Never made that argument. That's a construct of your own mind.

I was correcting you when you said this:

Actually, I remember what he said AND meant. I remember the light-hearted comment and his laughter afterward. He was talking about someone ALREADY having the emails that Clinton illegally deleted after a receiving a congressional subpoena from the House Select Committee and that they should be shared with the US authorities. He also clarified it...

“If Russia or any other country or person has Hillary Clinton's 33,000 illegally deleted emails, perhaps they should share them with the FBI!"

I pointed out that your quote from Trump was a tweet not a comment. Nor does the tweet clarify anything. Also it is a fact that he was not joking when he said this. There was no "laughter". He was deadly serious:

"Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,"

Russia...I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails..." He asked Russia to find the emails and it wasn't a joke. You are and were wrong in your assertions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement