Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Absolutely fantastic rebound signs from the US economy.

Greatest number of jobs created in a single month on record!

2.7 million less Americans on temporary hours.

73% of small businesses back open.

S+P had its greatest 50 day rise on record.

Chief economic advisor for Allianz Mohamed A. El-Erian "This will go down in history as the biggest causative data shock for the markets and the economy.
    Jobs 'created'? No. It's businesses reopening that have survived. Not 'new' jobs.

Of course, just like here, many will go back to work. But that jump is only temporary, many will not go back to work as their jobs are gone.

Exactly - This month and next month will probably see "record" jobs added , but absolutely NONE are new jobs - It's just those companies that can , reopening.

The revised data shows that Unemployment was ~20% in April and fell to ~16% in May , it might continue to drop again in June to maybe 12/13% but that's still an awful figure - It only got to ~10% in 2008/2009.

The Critical question is - Of the ~20M that lost their jobs how many are in hibernation and will come back roughly in line with the restrictions easing and how many are simply gone because the companies couldn't ride out the storm?

New data suggests that the US economy was already sliding back in the January/February time frame so the Covid issues were likely the final straw for some companies with poor underlying fundamentals.

So , when all the restrictions are gone will Unemployment move back to the 4%/5% range?

Highly unlikely - What will the plan be to get unemployment from 10/12% back to where it was?

More tax cuts???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

DrPhilG wrote: »
    That question has been answered repeatedly.

But it doesn't matter because they're all just racists.

My friend in Alabama with the adopted daughter who is native American is a racist.

My white friend in NYC whose wife is Puerto Rican. (incidentally he absolutely despises Trump).

My friends in Florida who is black, is racist.

I should probably let them know how horribly racist they are. They'll be shocked.

I did not call him a racist nor evangelicals racist

Number 1 I would presume one of the highest priorities of any evangelical Christian would be family values correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

DrPhilG wrote: »
    That question has been answered repeatedly.

But it doesn't matter because they're all just racists.

My friend in Alabama with the adopted daughter who is native American is a racist.

My white friend in NYC whose wife is Puerto Rican. (incidentally he absolutely despises Trump).

My friends in Florida who is black, is racist.

I should probably let them know how horribly racist they are. They'll be shocked.
    And I heard, when at trial, a serial killer produced living friends as a defence to being a multiple murderer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

kilns wrote: »
    I did not call him a racist nor evangelicals racist

Number 1 I would presume one of the highest priorities of any evangelical Christian would be family values correct?

TBF, i'd agree not all of them are racist, but a high enough proportion of them are.

Just do a quick google around some of the colleges they set up around the time of the civil rights acts coming into force.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Whatever about the timing, the actual passing of legislation on Chinese treatment of Uighurs is good news indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

• Registered Users Posts: 38,593 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It's impossible to predict this now. Trump has been horrendous but people are going through a real tough time right now due to covid-19 and the riots have been a disaster. This is all bad for Trump but people forget things very quickly if things improve. If the virus burns out in the next month and there's real progress with the #blacklivesmatter protesters then a lot of people might feel like the US is a great place by November.

For all that has happened Trump might actually get credit for dealing with it all.

Imo he shouldn't because he poured petrol on the flames of both. You know he'll claim it though and Fox will back those claims.

The live debates are crucial if the US is over coronavirus and the riots. This is where Biden cannot afford to misstep and look in any way like a geriatric with potential dementia or Alzheimer's.

I think it's impossible to call it at this stage. What I do know is if they parachuted in a decent democratic candidate with no age related issues I'd be willing to call.a democratic win straight away. That's not going to happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

eagle eye wrote: »
    It's impossible to predict this now. Trump has been horrendous but people are going through a real tough time right now due to covid-19 and the riots have been a disaster. This is all bad for Trump but people forget things very quickly if things improve. If the virus burns out in the next month and there's real progress with the #blacklivesmatter protesters then a lot of people might feel like the US is a great place by November.

For all that has happened Trump might actually get credit for dealing with it all.

Imo he shouldn't because he poured petrol on the flames of both. You know he'll claim it though and Fox will back those claims.

The live debates are crucial if the US is over coronavirus and the riots. This is where Biden cannot afford to misstep and look in any way like a geriatric with potential dementia or Alzheimer's.

I think it's impossible to call it at this stage. What I do know is if they parachuted in a decent democratic candidate with no age related issues I'd be willing to call.a democratic win straight away. That's not going to happen though.
    Biden has neither of these. What he is, in fact, is a reptilian overlord coming to dominate the world. He may appear to have those afflictions as his forked tongue stumbles over the words and he appears to be befuddled as his brain has to translate his usual language of hisses in to what appears to be english.
    I make these potential explainations as FACT, as I am, like you, just an unqualified internet voyuer!!!!111!!

Donald doesnt help himself, he is referencing OAN calling the 75 year old in Buffalo an antifa protestor and the whole thing was staged.

This is the kind of thing as to why he wont get re-elected, the guy is an idiot who doesnt know when to shut up, even if he personally believes it you dont say it without evidence, its the integrity of the office he holds

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Here's the tweet you refer to, it's bizarre.
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1270333484528214018

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

kilns wrote: »
    I would say that a majority of Evangelical Chistians are morally bankrupt and hypocrites

The vast majority support a man who represents the exact opposite of what they state their values to be, how can they justify supporting a man like Trump (we dont have to rehash all his "sins")

I'd say that's an outrageous generalization and completely wrong. I'd say I'd prefer Evangelical Christians to any type of people in Antifa and the far left.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

So, reports are out that Congress is looking at sending as many as 16-17 Obamagate criminal referrals to the DOJ. Some have already been sent. This is separate from the criminal charges Durham may bring. It’s high time the people involved in the illegal targeting that took place against Flynn and the Trump campaign, and then the attempted coup against Trump, are brought to justice.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

BloodyBill wrote: »
    I'd say that's an outrageous generalization and completely wrong. I'd say I'd prefer Evangelical Christians to any type of people in Antifa and the far left.

somebody who claims to be an evangelical christian and supports trump is a massive hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

somebody who claims to be an evangelical christian and supports trump is a massive hypocrite.
    I'd say anyone in either of those buckets or both, couldnt care less what you think anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,777 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Hurrache wrote: »

Does this man know he is POTUS and not some teenage conspiracy theorist at his PC in his bedroom?

ffs, child

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

notobtuse wrote: »
    So, reports are out that Congress is looking at sending as many as 16-17 Obamagate criminal referrals to the DOJ. Some have already been sent. This is separate from the criminal charges Durham may bring. It’s high time the people involved in the illegal targeting that took place against Flynn and the Trump campaign, and then the attempted coup against Trump, are brought to justice.

Whats Obamagate?

BloodyBill wrote: »

No it’s not. Just look at the numbers and how much support does he have with Evangelicals? And are these not the people who hold up morals and good family values etc etc as one of their top priorities

And your comparison is silly I’d prefer Evangelicals to far right nazis too but that’s not the point the point is Evangelicals openly support a man who goes against all of their beliefs if that’s not hypocritical I don’t know what is

Ok thanks for your political witch hunt (see both sides can say that) update

ELM327 wrote: »
    I'd say anyone in either of those buckets or both, couldnt care less what you think anyway :)

perhaps reread that and try it again using sentences that actually make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Hurrache wrote: »

Shows the character of the man. He is a disgusting creature. Anyone who votes for Trump again needs to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

• Advertisement

Shows the character of the man. He is a disgusting creature. Anyone who votes for Trump again needs to take a long hard look at themselves in the mirror.

That’s the thing it’s not an exaggeration to say he is one of the worst human beings Living in the US and yet people will do anything for him.

notobtuse will be along shortly to explain what trump actually meant and that you have all got the wrong end of the stick

notobtuse will be along shortly to explain what trump actually meant and that you have all got the wrong end of the stick

Genuinely think he will claim he is antifa...

Does this man know he is POTUS and not some teenage conspiracy theorist at his PC in his bedroom?

ffs, child
    Trump is correct in his assessment. What Gugino was doing when he was pressing his device against the officers was either trying to capture radio and/or cellphone data from the officers via their Bluetooth and Wi-Fi devices, or interrupt police equipment, all of which are violations of both state and federal laws. Gugino committed numerous crimes in his actions. The police actions seemed reasonable. Unfortunately he fell much harder than he was pushed. Perhaps the veteran aged protester should realize his advanced age is not ideal to breaking the law when situations are tense due to violent protests.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Genuinely think he will claim he is antifa...

easier to keep doubling down than admit you support an absolutely terrible man and worse president. it is cult-like behaviour

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

perhaps reread that and try it again using sentences that actually make sense
    Oh sorry, I forgot, you must excuse me you see, I'm not fluent in leftism.

Big orange man = bad, religion = bad, black hysteria, looting and illegal protests defying stay at home orders = good.

Did I do it?
    Am I karl marx now?

Trump is correct in his assessment. What Gugino was doing when he was pressing his device against the officers was either trying to capture radio and/or cellphone data from the officers via their Bluetooth and Wi-Fi devices, or interrupt police equipment, all of which are violations of both state and federal laws. Gugino committed numerous crimes in his actions. The police actions seemed reasonable. Unfortunately he fell much harder than he was pushed. Perhaps the veteran aged protester should realize his advanced age is not ideal to breaking the law when situations are tense due to violent protests.

well that didnt take long. keep parroting the words of the glorious leader

ELM327 wrote: »
    Oh sorry, I forgot, you must excuse me you see, I'm not fluent in leftism.

Big orange man = bad, religion = bad, black hysteria, looting and illegal protests defying stay at home orders = good.

Did I do it?
    Am I karl marx now?

you need a lie down

well that didnt take long. keep parroting the words of the glorious leader
    If you notice I didn't explain what Trump met, I noted Trump was correct in his assessment, and provided the information as to why. But I understand blind anger... Orange Man Bad.

• Advertisement

If you notice I didn't explain what Trump met, I noted Trump was correct in his assessment, and provided the information as to why. But I understand blind anger... Orange Man Bad.

you didnt provide any information. you repeated what trump said.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement