Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

you need a lie down
    as if right on cue, you fulfilled my prophecy.
    well that didnt take long. keep parroting the words of the glorious leader

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ELM327 wrote: »
    as if right on cue, you fulfilled my prophecy.

nope, no sense there either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

The cultish behavior shown by some is baffling. He could literally claim that grass is blue and certain posters here will defend him and argue he is right.

America needs a reboot

well that didnt take long. keep parroting the words of the glorious leader

Also bluetooth is incredibly secure these days. Wifi wise, he would like have to be pretending to be a WiFi hotspot and have the police routing traffic through him or for the traffic to be entirely unencrypted .... So it's pure nonsense from obtuse...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

ELM327 wrote: »
    Oh sorry, I forgot, you must excuse me you see, I'm not fluent in leftism.

Big orange man = bad, religion = bad, black hysteria, looting and illegal protests defying stay at home orders = good.

Did I do it?
    Am I karl marx now?
    Funny that, Trump called for armed uprisings to force an end to those stay at home orders. His supporters followed suit, and since, all 50 states have relaxed their stay at home orders.

While different kettle of fish here in Ireland, but tryunp supporters can't complain for a moment about the protesters breaking stay at home orders in the US. After all, it's what they wanted demanded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

notobtuse wrote: »
    Trump is correct in his assessment. What Gugino was doing when he was pressing his device against the officers was either trying to capture radio and/or cellphone data from the officers via their Bluetooth and Wi-Fi devices, or interrupt police equipment, all of which are violations of both state and federal laws. Gugino committed numerous crimes in his actions. The police actions seemed reasonable. Unfortunately he fell much harder than he was pushed. Perhaps the veteran aged protester should realize his advanced age is not ideal to breaking the law when situations are tense due to violent protests.

Sounds like they should have arrested him rather than assault him and leave him bleeding on the ground as they went on their way so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

kilns wrote: »
    The cultish behavior shown by some is baffling. He could literally claim that grass is blue and certain posters here will defend him and argue he is right.

America needs a reboot
    Baffling because some might act like the mainstream media did back in the Obama days?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Trump is correct in his assessment. What Gugino was doing when he was pressing his device against the officers was either trying to capture radio and/or cellphone data from the officers via their Bluetooth and Wi-Fi devices, or interrupt police equipment, all of which are violations of both state and federal laws. Gugino committed numerous crimes in his actions. The police actions seemed reasonable. Unfortunately he fell much harder than he was pushed. Perhaps the veteran aged protester should realize his advanced age is not ideal to breaking the law when situations are tense due to violent protests.

He was holding his phone and handing them back a helmet.

Look, we know there is a certain section of the American population who have drunk the kool aid. Trump could **** in his hand, tell you its chocolate and you would eat it and tell us how delicious it is, lets be real.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Sounds like they should have arrested him rather than assault him and leave him bleeding on the ground as they went on their way so.
    In hindsight you're right, he should have been arrested. But if you watch it was a minor shove by police. And if you watch the entire video it was apparent the police were not allowed to stop and render assistance... that apparently was the job of the military/national guard, who immediately gave assistance when they came upon him as they were right behind the police.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Baffling because some might act like the mainstream media did back in the Obama days?

Defending indefensibles? Like conspiracy theories and blatant lies. Care to share some examples please

• Advertisement

Defending indefensibles? Like conspiracy theories and blatant lies. Care to share some examples please
    You mean like ObamaCare won’t cost the taxpayer one dime, or if you like you doctor you can keep your doctor?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

In hindsight you're right, he should have been arrested. But if you watch it was a minor shove by police. And if you watch the entire video it was apparent the police were not allowed to stop and render assistance... that apparently was the job of the military/national guard, who immediately gave assistance when they came upon him as they were right behind the police.

Tweet from the President of the United States:

"Buffalo protester shoved by Police could be an ANTIFA provocateur."
    Lie.

"75 year old Martin Gugino was pushed away after appearing to scan police communications in order to black out the equipment."
    Lie

"@OANN I watched, he fell harder than was pushed."
    Lie

"Was aiming scanner."
    Lie

"Could be a set up?"
    Lie

You mean like ObamaCare won’t cost the taxpayer one dime, or if you like you doctor you can keep your doctor?

Jesus you cant even tell the truth when you are referring to the past. :rolleyes:

The great leader is having another go at General Mattis today calling him the countrys most overrated General. Referencing Sebastian Gorka (that charlatan with the stupid voice) who I quote said "I am not a Marine, but I know the Marines.....Jim Mattis is no Marine"

Didnt Trump hire Matthis or am I wrong?

And how can insecure is he that anyone who criticises him he has to try to childishly and laughably try to discredit

I am waiting for our friends now here to tell us Matthis was the worst General the US has ever had

The great leader is having another go at General Mattis today calling him the countrys most overrated General. Referencing Sebastian Gorka (that charlatan with the stupid voice) who I quote said "I am not a Marine, but I know the Marines.....Jim Mattis is no Marine"

Didnt Trump hire Matthis or am I wrong?

And how can insecure is he that anyone who criticises him he has to try to childishly and laughably try to discredit

I am waiting for our friends now here to tell us Matthis was the worst General the US has ever had

So is he better or worse than Powell? Hard to keep up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Absolutely true. However the same applies in the opposite direction. If Trump claimed that grass was green, certain posters would claim it wasn't and that Trump was only claiming it was because he had an agenda.

somebody who claims to be an evangelical christian and supports trump is a massive hypocrite.
    No they're not. This is not a difficult concept. America is a 2 party partisan system. Democrats will vote Democrat no matter what pillock is in charge because the top man/woman is only the figure head, while the party politics in general are more important. Same applies to Republicans voting Republican.

Evangelicals will vote Republican because that is the party closer to their core beliefs. The fact is that their core beliefs are freedom of religion and opposition of abortion. Or because they're rampant racists, if you believe folk here.

Hurrache wrote: »
    Here's the tweet you refer to, it's bizarre.
    https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1270333484528214018
    What an absolute shyte. The guy was left on the ground in a pool of blood while the cops strolled on. Disgusting comment by Trump.

So is he better or worse than Powell? Hard to keep up.

Kelly too was a 2nd rate general

Kelly too was a 2nd rate general

Flynn was great though. Bigly.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Absolutely true. However the same applies in the opposite direction. If Trump claimed that grass was green, certain posters would claim it wasn't and that Trump was only claiming it was because he had an agenda.

No they're not. This is not a difficult concept. America is a 2 party partisan system. Democrats will vote Democrat no matter what pillock is in charge because the top man/woman is only the figure head, while the party politics in general are more important. Same applies to Republicans voting Republican.

Evangelicals will vote Republican because that is the party closer to their core beliefs. The fact is that their core beliefs are freedom of religion and opposition of abortion. Or because they're rampant racists, if you believe folk here.

What an absolute shyte. The guy was left on the ground in a pool of blood while the cops strolled on.

1) Freedom of Christianity and 2) The didn't give a ****e about abortion til after the 60's.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

DrumSteve wrote: »
    1) Freedom of Christianity and 2) The didn't give a ****e about abortion til after the 60's.

Blah blah, yes it's been said. I'll take current personal experience on why most evangelicals vote Republican over the actions of a few groups 60 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,599 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

America needs a reboot

What you’ve never heard of bluegrass?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poa

Gibberish. Literal gibberish.

To be honest Evangelicals live in the past as do most organised religions. Evangelicals voted for Trump because they saw him as the strong man to protect their way of life and even further it.

To be honest its groups like this hiding behind the bible that hold America back from becoming the country that it could be become - a great country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,234 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Apparently the reporter from OAN that's referenced in his tweet also works for Sputnik, the Russian propaganda crowd. You couldn't make it up.

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1270355585180012548

Hurrache wrote: »
    Apparently the reporter from OAN that's referenced in his tweet also works for Sputnik, the Russian propaganda crowd. You couldn't make it up.

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/1270355585180012548

If you were writing a book about Trump an included that, it would get sent back to you as being too unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Flynn was great though. Bigly.
    Only in the last year or so though. For a time there in 2017/2018 Trump and his minions couldn't be quick enough to tell you Flynn was a disgrace who had nothing to do with Trump and was fired in disgrace as soon as Trump and Pence found out what he was to to (and it several weeks later when not gained media attention despite that being exactly what happened).

But don't take my word for it!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/937007006526959618

• Registered Users Posts: 12,860 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Only in the last year or so though. For a time there in 2017/2018 Trump and his minions couldn't be quick enough to tell you Flynn was a disgrace who had nothing to do with Trump and was fired in disgrace as soon as Trump and Pence found out what he was to to (and it several weeks later when not gained media attention despite that being exactly what happened).

But don't take my word for it!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/937007006526959618

"I had to kill Bob Morton because he made a mistake......"

3b5659cd-6b2c-4ef0-85e0-5378b39a89e1_screenshot.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Why then is the camera active on the phone , which can be clearly seen in the video ? I suspect it's more likely that it was an attempt to video name tags , ID numbers and what not.

Either way , the reaction from the police was inappropriate in the circumstances , he was pushed twice by two separate officers , both of whom could and should have dealt with the situation without resorting to physical confrontation.

That's the reason they are suspended pending investigation , what the protester may or may not have been doing immediately prior to being poked in the chest with a baton and then shoved by another officer is utterly immaterial.

The fact that there are people that don't understand that is a fundamental part of the problem that exists in the US in the relationship between the Police and the public.

If I as a civilian shoved someone in the street because they were in my way or verbally abusing me and they then fell over and ended up in hospital I would quite rightly be arrested and charged with some category of assault charge. The fact that it wasn't intentional or that they fell harder than I expected is utterly irrelevant. A jury might acquit me given given the potentially mitigating circumstance, but I'm still getting charged and going to court.

The Nal wrote: »
    "I had to kill Bob Morton because he made a mistake......"

3b5659cd-6b2c-4ef0-85e0-5378b39a89e1_screenshot.jpg

...Robocop?

• Advertisement

Its looking like the lawyer for the Buffalo victim is lining up a defamation suit against none other than the President, just another day of bringing the office he holds into disrepute

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement