Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,589 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

ollkiller wrote:
    If that's what you see I suggest a trip to Specsavers.
    You gonna stop there and not describe what you seen?

I think the reason for Biden being ahead in the polls is

1. He is being hidden by the Dems a little bit
    2. Covid
    3. The recent riots/protests
    4. People don't want to admit to supporting trump just like in 2016

Once there is a clear contrast such as in debates, Trump will reel him in.

I think the reason for Biden being ahead in the polls is

1. He is being hidden by the Dems a little bit
    2. Covid
    3. The recent riots/protests
    4. People don't want to admit to supporting trump just like in 2016

He's made multiple public speeches so he's not being hidden, in fact he was more visible during the major parts of the protests while Trump cowered in a basement.

Polls in 2016 were all within the margin of error. Currently they have exited the margin of error for Biden in many swing states. Trump is also currently losing support in all demographics.

As an example, Do you think the average older person would want to reelect the man who endangered their lives by not taking the pandemic seriously? Do you think they would be happy with him justifying pushing a 75 year old man to the ground?

In the debates, when Trump is shouting names at him?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,771 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

What do you mean he'll reel him in?

Trump is an idiot who has no talent for public speaking or anything else for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

kilns wrote: »
    It is absolute ridiculous that the Buffalo incident is even being discussed here, it’s only because the president of the USA is a conspiracy theorist. It’s like something from a bad comedy movie.

Yes, but when the dear leader says something, no matter how stupid it might be, it must be defended because the dear leader couldn't possibly be talking out of his ass. Dear leader is without flaws and by definition, everything that comes out of his toilet-twitter must be correct, no matter how stupid it might sound to everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Tork

Will many people's opinions be swayed by the debates. Four years ago, Trump was an unknown candidate (in the political sense) running against a well-known but unpopular political veteran. Voters knew what Hilary was and what she stood for. Four years on, everyone knows exactly what Trump is and what he stands for. Has there ever been a noisier American president?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭ollkiller

eagle eye wrote: »
    You gonna stop there and not describe what you seen?

Old man protesting. Push old man over. Old man bleeds. But you know this. There was no reason in the world to push him. None whatsoever.

ollkiller wrote:
    Old man protesting. Push old man over. Old man bleeds. But you know this. There was no reason in the world to push him. None whatsoever.
    There is no bleeding shown in the video I seen. Did you see a different one?
    I'm asking you to look at the video as many times as you need to give a witness account of what you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I'm asking you to look at the video as many times as you need to give a witness account of what you see.

Here you go. At 0.37.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFeewU0HhNE

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

osarusan wrote: »

i'm beginning to think you haven't watched the video at all eagle eye if you think he wasnt bleeding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

You dont see the blood from his right ear? Theres a pool of it! Do you watch it with no sound as well because the cops clearly state he is bleeding from his ear.

Edit: Their next claim will be "That's not blood, it's ketchup sachets he had hidden in his hair to frame the poor police men"

Maybe Eagle Eye would be kind enough to share the video they watched. I'm curious now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

To paraphrase Trump, he had blood coming out of his wherever.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,017 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

What do you mean he'll reel him in?

Trump is an idiot who has no talent for public speaking or anything else for that matter.
    Reel him in like he did clinton

Instead of #MAGA it will be #KAGA

osarusan wrote:
    Here you go. At 0.37.

i'm beginning to think you haven't watched the video at all eagle eye if you think he wasnt bleeding.
    This is not the video I seen.
    Tork wrote:
    Maybe Eagle Eye would be kind enough to share the video they watched. I'm curious now.
    I'll be at a laptop in the next half hour or so and I'll out it up.
    It's a different angle and you don't see him on the ground, quality isn't as good either in the one I watched.

He's made multiple public speeches so he's not being hidden, in fact he was more visible during the major parts of the protests while Trump cowered in a basement.

Polls in 2016 were all within the margin of error. Currently they have exited the margin of error for Biden in many swing states. Trump is also currently losing support in all demographics.

As an example, Do you think the average older person would want to reelect the man who endangered their lives by not taking the pandemic seriously? Do you think they would be happy with him justifying pushing a 75 year old man to the ground?

In the debates, when Trump is shouting names at him?

The beauty about topics such as this is that we will have a clear answer in November. I stand by my prediction that Trump will win. If only other debates in life had such a clear cut answer as to who is correct.

And just to add, that video adds a lot. I'll have to look at it a few times but it certainly looks worse for the cops. And regardless of their actions, they clearly seen the blood and should have tended to him immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

With the deficit between Biden and Trump being so distant there is no way Trump is getting in. Biden for 4 years, then the republican party nominee is likely to be Don Jr, not sure that the republican central party beat him with whatever centrist candidate they prefer unless they get some criminal charge.

Biden could win that of course, depends on the economy. Anyway back to normal for a few years.

FVP3 wrote: »
    With the deficit between Biden and Trump being so distant there is no way Trump is getting in. Biden for 4 years, then the republican party nominee is likely to be Don Jr, not sure that the republican central party beat him with whatever centrist candidate they prefer unless they get some criminal charge.

Biden could win that of course, depends on the economy. Anyway back to normal for a few years.

No way would it be Don Jr; He is a charisma vacuum, it'd be Ivanka if anything (also a charisma vacuum)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

This is not the video I seen.

I'll be at a laptop in the next half hour or so and I'll out it up.
    It's a different angle and you don't see him on the ground, quality isn't as good either in the one I watched.

I did see another video form across the street, maybe this is the one you saw. You would not see the blood in that one and it was quite a distance away.

• Advertisement

Is there any reason why you haven't watched the one with the blood in it? Or why you think it is a set up and that he didn't bleed like that?

For the record, I have a relative who had a fall like Martin Gugino. Straight onto the ground without having the chance to break his fall. He bled when he hit the ground and had to have emergency surgery in Beaumont.

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I did see another video form across the street, maybe this is the one you saw. You would not see the blood in that one and it was quite a distance away.

Well it's quite clear that they blurred out the blood and didn't show some of the video, it's NBC. When I seen it I wasn't looking for blood. This is why I asked the question about the blood earlier.

I can only assume that they cropped and doctored the video so that it wouldn't upset viewers. if you've watched the original (I presume you have too), it is quite graphic.

Anyone think this is just a coincidence?

https://twitter.com/DanRather/status/1270841047988318208?s=19

Tork wrote: »
    I can only assume that they cropped and doctored the video so that it wouldn't upset viewers. if you've watched the original (I presume you have too), it is quite graphic.

Yeah, somebody linked to it and it changes things a lot.

Anyone think this is just a coincidence?

Why do you keep putting up links from that idiot? He is clearly a Democrat, clearly anti-Republican and proven liar.

At least put up something from somebody who hasn't been caught out.

And to make it clear I despise the Republican party but I despise liars too.

Why do you keep putting up links from that idiot? He is clearly a Democrat, clearly anti-Republican and proven liar.

Is what he tweeted untrue? As one of Trumps other zealots on here keeps saying, attack the content not the source.

whats he lying about there?

Unless the BBC are making things up too?
    US President Donald Trump is to hold his first re-election campaign rally for several months in Tulsa, Oklahoma on the date that African Americans celebrate the end of slavery.

The rally will take place on 19 June, known as "Juneteenth".

In 1921 the city of Tulsa was the site of one of the worst massacres of black people in US history.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,578 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What do you think about the various demand lists being put forward by protestors?

Banning choke holds good, banning body cameras bad, etc. - it’s a mix of things. It’s an organic movement I don’t expect everyone to be on the same page or focused on the same things. Some people out there want revenge others want reforms some just want Jim Crow elements removed, like confederate base names and statues. I don’t want to see cameras removed rather I think officers should be mandated to wear them and charged with evidence tampering when they fail conveniently every time there’s a police involved shooting. Fines etc. are no disincentive for a police department, it’s a burden shoved onto the taxpayers they police.

Been watching Problem Areas for the last few days on Youtube (Wyatt Cenac), compelling dive into police reform, case studies, interviews with departments and social worker groups around the country. It also discusses what police defunding looks like (not abolition of police but rather establishment of concurrent social services like clinics and shelters). No one action is going to somehow fix the problems though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement