Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,574 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

da_miser wrote: »
    So in the warped logic of the left , Stephen Miller, a Jew, is a Nazi?

His uncle is incredibly critical of his warped policies...
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/13/stephen-miller-is-an-immigration-hypocrite-i-know-because-im-his-uncle-219351

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

So in the warped logic of the left , Stephen Miller, a Jew, is a Nazi?

No , but he is a white nationalist
    Miller has a long history as a right-wing provocateur and opponent of immigration. In high school, he wrote an article asking why there were “usually very few, if any, Hispanic students in my honors classes, despite the large number of Hispanic students that attend our school."

Even his family think so
    Stephen Miller Is an Immigration Hypocrite. I Know Because I’m His Uncle.
    If my nephew’s ideas on immigration had been in force a century ago, our family would have been wiped out.

Why is the Dow Jones flatlining?

Millions more in jobless claims, virus wave two fears, and probably something to do with Trump scheduling a race war to start next Friday

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Why is the Dow Jones flatlining?
    Overheal wrote: »
    Millions more in jobless claims, virus wave two fears, and probably something to do with Trump scheduling a race war to start next Friday

It's mostly down to the updates from the Fed yesterday

The Stock market has been rallying strongly in recent weeks due to the hope that the economy was going to spring back and the massive Fed fiscal intervention.

Yesterday , the Fed announced they expected GDP to decline 6.5% this year and that they were going to hold interest rates as they are at least until 2022.

So , not a whole lot of that upside they were hoping for..

• Advertisement

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    It's mostly down to the updates from the Fed yesterday

The Stock market has been rallying strongly in recent weeks due to the hope that the economy was going to spring back and the massive Fed fiscal intervention.

Yesterday , the Fed announced they expected GDP to decline 6.5% this year and that they were going to hold interest rates as they are at least until 2022.

So , not a whole lot of that upside they were hoping for..

But but Trump said we would have 3, 4, maybe even 6 percent GDP growth under his presidency? 6 percent shrinkage, wow. Trump lies to us!?

But but Trump said we would have 3, 4, maybe even 6 percent GDP growth under his presidency? 6 percent shrinkage, wow. Trump lies to us!?

He of course disagrees with his own Fed.

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1271096748983955461"]https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1271096748983955461

• Registered Users Posts: 38,585 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Overheal wrote:
    Was he supposed to predict the coronavirus?
    This sort of post is biased rubbish. I keep bringing this up because there is enough to batter Trump with. You do not need to come up with crap like this when you know that the coronavirus is responsible for the way things are right now.

eagle eye wrote: »
    This sort of post is biased rubbish. I keep bringing this up because there is enough to batter Trump with. You do not need to come up with crap like this when you know that the coronavirus is responsible for the way things are right now.

He's tied himself to the economy as if he entirely defines the markets. It was an unwise move. When it does terribly, he's tied to that too and that's because of his own rhetoric. Also the economy is actively affected by his handling of the pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I see their debt has just passed 26 trillion as well.

Tis going well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,585 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

He's tied himself to the economy as if he entirely defines the markets. It was an unwise move. When it does terribly, he's tied to that too and that's because of his own rhetoric. Also the economy is actively affected by his handling of the pandemic.
    But you and I know that if this happened under Obama you would be castigating the person who blamed Obama instead of the coronavirus.
    And that means you are biased and hypocritical.

But you and I know that if this happened under Obama you would be castigating the person who blamed Obama instead of the coronavirus.

Obama never tied himself to the economy in the same way as Trump has and he also likely would not have handled the pandemic as atrociously as Trump. So nope, not a biased hypocrite.

He didn’t need to predict it he had advisers warning him about it. And he went golfing. It will blow over he said, 10 or 15 cases no big deal mostly contained mission accomplished etc.

“Leadership: whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” - Donald John Trump.

He didn’t need to predict it he had advisers warning him about it. And he went golfing. It will blow over he said, 10 or 15 cases no big deal mostly contained mission accomplished etc.

“Leadership: whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” - Donald John Trump.

He's also still repeatedly saying how great the economy is...

Pulling a lot out of the bunghole there. Attacking others as being hypocrites and as your evidence you cite your own alternate reality

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Obama never tied himself to the economy in the same way as Trump has and he also likely would not have handled the pandemic as atrociously as Trump. So nope, not a biased hypocrite.

The New York Metropolitan areas was the blackspot for COVID, if Trump is to blame for New York, then surely he must be praised for his handling of all the other states.

He's also still repeatedly saying how great the economy is...

Yep days before the economy crashed back to well past pre-trump levels he mailed a signed printed copy of a stock market chart to media outlets, claiming credit and responsibility for the state of the market. You couldn’t have picked too many better examples of foot in mouth syndrome.

[url]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

The New York Metropolitan areas was the blackspot for COVID, if Trump is to blame for New York, then surely he must be praised for his handling of all the other states.
    No, No NO! You don't get it... ORANGE MAN BAD!!!!! There is no deviating from the battle cry!

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Praised alright:

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-federal-govt-fema-accused-taking-states-masks-ventilator-orders-2020-4

Business Insider published an edited clip of The President just last week which completely misrepresented what the President actually said, so, you'll forgive me if I don't even bother to click on that "news source"

It's been covered in this thread last Friday...feel free to consider that source honest that is your right.

• Advertisement

And the US will be moving into the top ten hit countries per capita tomorrow. Meanwhile Trump has claimed the US has handled it the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

The Dems have embraced the woke fringes of society, they are the party of law and disorder, Dem run cities are the crime infested cities of the USA.
    I imagine Trump is holding his rally in Tulsa, as it has the highest rate of solving murders in the country, 90% , the national average is 56%.
    A republican run city, and the rest of America can have a safe city if you vote Republican like the folk of Tulsa.
    He is going to go big on law and order in the upcoming election, keep highlighting the Dems support for Antifa and their mismanagement of cities, cursed with high crime levels, due to Dems policy enacted in said cities.
    And then hit them hard with Chicago, the city of Obama, the murder capitol of USA, a Dem run disaster for decades.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/2020/6/8/21281998/chicago-violence-murder-history-homicide-police-crime

Huge victory for Trump in November , the Dems will see to that.

Business Insider published an edited clip of The President just last week which completely misrepresented what the President actually said, so, you'll forgive me if I don't even bother to click on that "news source"

It's been covered in this thread last Friday...feel free to consider that source honest that is your right.

If you have a problem with the report ad hominems are childish deflection. If you think the reporting is false find reports refuting it? Find other sources more palatable to your bias? These things happened, it’s not just business insider reporting them. I’ve provided you the claim and backed up with a source if you don’t like the source find yourself another if you don’t want to believe it stop pretending and just openly admit you wish to remain ignorant of the fact.

If you have a problem with the report ad hominems are childish deflection. If you think the reporting is false find reports refuting it? Find other sources more palatable to your bias? These things happened, it’s not just business insider reporting them. I’ve provided you the claim and backed up with a source if you don’t like the source find yourself another if you don’t want to believe it stop pretending and just openly admit you wish to remain ignorant of the fact.

Overheal, we all witnessed about a dozen media outlets, all household names, publishing an edited video of what the President said...that is the media outlets that I came across, there were probably dozens more at the same thing.

You might be comfortable with that, I am not.

I'm genuinely starting to get more and more uncomfortable over how media outlets are behaving including our own here in Ireland, I don't expect any better standards from the few outlets who take a different editorial line with this Presidency.

We are all ignorant, we should all admit that at this stage....it's all very strange.

We were all battered into staying in our homes by media outlets who pumped us with fear, and shamed anyone who didn't comply....only for millions of protesters around the world take to the streets, attack police, pull down statues and are being almost being cheered on by the same media outlets....all talk of Covid disappeared....it is bizarre.

Overheal, we all witnessed about a dozen media outlets, all household names, publishing an edited video of what the President said...that is the media outlets that I came across, there were probably dozens more at the same thing.

You might be comfortable with that, I am not.

I'm genuinely starting to get more and more uncomfortable over how media outlets are behaving including our own here in Ireland, I don't expect any better standards from the few outlets who take a different editorial line with this Presidency.

We are all ignorant, we should all admit that at this stage....it's all very strange.

We were all battered into staying in our homes by media outlets who pumped us with fear, and shamed anyone who didn't comply....only for millions of protesters around the world take to the streets, attack police, pull down statues and are being almost being cheered on by the same media outlets....all talk of Covid disappeared....it is bizarre.

Bla bla bla - are you denying that Trumps federal government stole, sequestered, seized, etc. medical supplies away from hospitals, cities, states? Because, it did..

Bla bla bla - are you denying that Trumps federal government stole medical supplies away from hospitals, cities, states? Because, he did..

If you think you are well informed good luck to you.

I think Trump is the Anti Establishment President, an establishment that we all know is rotten to the core....both Republican and Democrats.

That establishment has thrown everything at this President we have seen nothing like before...with the assistance of Media Outlets that are all household names, names that a lot of people had trust in.

What I am trying to figure out is if Trump is the profiteer of that rotten system or is he the only remaining defense ordinary people have against that rotten system and I honestly don't know.

IF I was living in America I'd be very concerned, that country is only about 1 or 2 more major events away from anarchy.

I've an open mind either way, I took an interest in this thread after I overcame my own Trump Derangement Syndrome ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

IF I was living in America I'd be very concerned, that country is only about 1 or 2 more major events away from anarchy.

Yeah I hate to break it to you but...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Huge victory for Trump in November , the Dems will see to that.

Do you genuinely believe that?

If Covid had never happened, I'd have expected Trump to win. But even then it wouldn't be a huge victory, it would have been close.

Not that Covid has shat all over the economy, and he has behaved like a pillock in the wake of the virus and the protests, I'd say he's a long shot.

He still could win, and you do make some reasonable points for the effect that widespread violence will have on the thoughts of middle class Americans, but there is no way in hell that he will win by any more than a whisker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's funny that these type of folk in hoods are never waving Biden Flags

https://www.newsweek.com/kkk-black-lives-matter-protest-fallon-nevada-1510130

• Advertisement

If you think you are well informed good luck to you.

I think Trump is the Anti Establishment President, an establishment that we all know is rotten to the core....both Republican and Democrats.

That establishment has thrown everything at this President we have seen nothing like before...with the assistance of Media Outlets that are all household names, names that a lot of people had trust in.

What I am trying to figure out is if Trump is the profiteer of that rotten system or is he the only remaining defense ordinary people have against that rotten system and I honestly don't know.

I've an open mind either way, I took an interest in this thread after I overcame my own Trump Derangement Syndrome ...

Two posts of waffle still no acknowledgement either way of federal theft of medical supplies from the states?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement