Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

da_miser wrote: »
    As Mike Tyson tweeted and since deleted, Imagine if white folk rioted every time one was killed by a black man , we would never have peace.
    The left double standards are something to behold, completely deranged thinking is the only way to describe it, a habitual criminal dies by the action of the Police, (totally unacceptable IMO) the left sees riots are a acceptable response, but Tony Timpa dies in incredible circumstances , not a peep from the Left, is that because he is white?
    Either the left are gullible or sociopaths, the amazing thing is i would say boards is 99% white posters , yet zero concern for Tony Timpa, but plenty of self flagellation for George Floyd, is this the white guilt i read about?

Read it and weep.
    https://townhall.com/columnists/mikeadams/2020/06/02/white-man-cant-breathe-n2569897
    https://www.dallasnews.com/news/investigations/2019/07/31/you-re-gonna-kill-me-dallas-police-body-cam-footage-reveals-the-final-minutes-of-tony-timpa-s-life/

Both George and Tony should still be alive, but where is the outrage for Tony?

Why aren’t you asking why whites didn’t riot over Tony Timpa?

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

Where do you find that stuff? I mean, what kind of stuff are you engaging with online that this is what's served to you?
    Snopes are now Nazi propaganda?

What are you getting at, spit it out, dont obfuscate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

And another abject failure, This is too funny :D
    It's like watching the Sideshow Bob rake bit coming to life

Overheal wrote: »
    Why aren’t you asking why whites didn’t riot over Tony Timpa?

Could it be the riots are not a spontaneous thing?
    Could it be agent provocateurs are stirring the pot?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

notobtuse wrote: »
    Your link doesn't work.

Have you tried clicking it?

It works just fine.

Anyway, you can say what you like about polls and it might be believable (at least more believable than that stuff about scanners) if political parties, including republicans, took no notice of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Just in case you're not someone's idea of satire, you should be aware that the bible itself wasn't the main problem - it was the teargassing of Americans for the photo-op that annoyed most.

Agreed with the tear gas being a primary objection, but the idea of the photo-op, with or without tear gas, was still pretty daft to begin with.

That said, it was a pretty daft move by the Democrats as well which has raised the ire particularly of Ghanans, and a general mockery overall. They would have known better than to wear Apache headdress if they were doing a moment for native Americans, but apparently nobody thought about the fine details of African subcultures.

Could it be the riots are not a spontaneous thing?
    Could it be agent provocateurs are stirring the pot?

I moderate a forum for that line of gibberish

Agreed with the tear gas being a primary objection, but the idea of the photo-op, with or without tear gas, was still pretty daft to begin with.

That said, it was a pretty daft move by the Democrats as well which has raised the ire particularly of Ghanans, and a general mockery overall. They would have known better than to wear Apache headdress if they were doing a moment for native Americans, but apparently nobody thought about the fine details of African subcultures.

I don't disagree. It was cringey at best. Still, there's a gulf between assaulting peaceful protesters and looking stupid for a photo.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden-shreds-trump-on-race-at-black-business-roundtable-the-grand-wizard-said-this-is-why-we-elected-him/

Biden giving Trump a new hole to blow through. Pinning Trump on KKK grand wizard saying “this is why we elected him.”

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

The latest from this not corrupt in the slightest administration is that they have placed economic sanctions on individuals in the international criminal court who investigate Americans without this administrations permission. Hmmm I bet they aren’t investigating Obama....

• Advertisement

kilns wrote: »
    The latest from this not corrupt in the slightest administration is that they have placed economic sanctions on individuals in the international criminal court who investigate Americans without this administrations permission. Hmmm I bet they aren’t investigating Obama....

Or Hunter Biden

https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden-shreds-trump-on-race-at-black-business-roundtable-the-grand-wizard-said-this-is-why-we-elected-him/

Biden giving Trump a new hole to blow through. Pinning Trump on KKK grand wizard saying “this is why we elected him.”

actually have to edit, what is that web site?

https://twitter.com/Mediaite/status/1271164632418455554
    So Dem congress man with police protection calls cops lazy for not stopping looters while guarding him, but i tough they where only protesters?

actually have to edit, what is that web site?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mediaite

So Dem congress man with police protection calls cops lazy for not stopping looters while guarding him, but i tough they where only protesters?

They weren’t guarding him. He wasn’t there. They responded to an alarm and then loafed there despite nearby looting.

Owner is from a Dem family, sister appointed judge by Obama, her husband Andres served with Robert Mueller on the Special Counsel investigation, nothing to see here, move along.

Owner is from a Dem family, sister appointed judge by Obama, her husband Andres served with Robert Mueller on the Special Counsel investigation, nothing to see here, move along.

Also hosted Live PD one of the most pro cop shows on the air?

Not sure what kind of ad hominem you think you are getting at but may want to tread lightly.

Not only that but the comments section any given day is full of people who accuse it of a right wing bias, or a left wing bias, depending on the moment. So suggesting it’s a snakey slanty outfit is way off base.

Not sure what kind of ad hominem you think you are getting at but may want to tread lightly.
    So suggesting it’s a snakey slanty outfit is way off base.
    What is a snakey slanty?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

If they went to stop the looters they would have to abandon their duty to protect the democrat congressman, thus giving him something else to complain about the police.

Perhaps his beef should be with the police union. Oh, wait, they're most likely major donors to his campaign.

Getting rid of bad cops and the unions that protect them is the only way to clean up a police force that has problems.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

What is a snakey slanty?
    Grossly biased or dishonest etc

I mean last week they did a rare interview with Sean Hannity. If they were slanted left he wouldn’t have.

• Advertisement

If they went to stop the looters they would have to abandon their duty to protect the democrat congressman, thus giving him something else to complain about the police.

Perhaps his beef should be with the police union. Oh, wait, they're most likely major donors to his campaign.

Getting rid of bad cops and the unions that protect them is the only way to clean up a police force that has problems.
    Another poster cleverly disguising the fact that the congressman wasn’t there at all so there was no duty to protect his stash of popcorn

If they went to stop the looters they would have to abandon their duty to protect the democrat congressman,

How exactly were they protecting him?

Talk about Gaffs, what about Trump referring to the SS Doing a great job in Washington

By the way US secret service does not go by that acnorym

How exactly were they protecting him?

I can just see CNN, there was a attack on the office of a Dem congressman,while he was out peacefully protesting the far right looters are attacking his office and our democracy.
    And then Portland one ups everyone with the wokeness.
    Police should take advantage of this idiot Dem Mayor and all take the time at the exact same time, their supervisor cannot stop it by mayors order. No police on the street and the mayor is cool with it?
    7,712 city employees in 2020. 40 hrs paid at???

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/portland-mayor-gives-every-city-employee-40-hours-of-paid-time-off-to-mourn-400-years-of-black-oppression

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

DOW has tanked 1500 points and still 2 hours to close. Trump is ruining my retirement plans. He should hurry up and do one of those magic trump things he does that boosts the economy so he can take credit for it.

Zoom out on the chart silly.

I expect Jerome Powell to be sacked very soon

1800 points at close.

Yes let’s zoom out the chart: yep, still in a recession...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭thomas 123

1800 points at close.

Yes let’s zoom out the chart: yep, still in a recession...

Not really, not yet anyway.

Trump just said this at a press conference, if Biden said this our friends would be calling for an intervention.

Trump: Sometimes you’ll see a building that costs less money than another building that costs more because the one that built the one that costs more, this one looks better. The one that’s cheaper looks better. They say how much more did you spend for that building.

• Advertisement

In more awful news, the 75 year old who got pushed in Buffalo has gotten brain damage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement