Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

da_miser wrote: »
    Its elderly abuse, Joe should be at home watching TV and looking at photos of his grand children, Trump will eat him alive in the debates, that is if the Dems dont worm their way out of them, i doubt we will be lucky enough to see any debates this election, Joe is clearly getting worse each time he is allowed out by his handlers, a vote for Joe is really a vote to make his VP the president, so who will he choose? My money is on Michell Obama.
    For your amusement/dismay, turn up the sound.
    https://imgur.com/a/elgXKwM

A 3 second video of a man thinking. That's a real smoking gun. It's over for Biden

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,980 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

notobtuse wrote: »
    It appears democrats and the Left have gone from Orange Man Bad to White Man Bad. Are they purposely trying to throw this election? Forget Trump's obnoxious behavior, the Left are turning the election and the discussion into one of unparalleled hate and disgust. I used to think democrats and the Left had good hearts, were passionate, but just misguided. Now I'm not so sure. We are in for a terrible five months ahead of us. And if Trump wins I'm afraid the Left will tear this country apart. We may be witnessing the beginning of a second Civil War. Can one have a war (which usually demands a winner and loser) without bloodshed?

There's an actual fascist in the Oval Office and you're presumably moaning about some protestors.

As Brian? says, the Democrats have plenty of big money backers. Someone on the American right who's content with Trump's divisive politics voicing concerns about the left starting a civil war are just completely hollow IMO.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

eagle eye wrote: »
    You are attacking the poster and you've no basis for your comment either.
    Joe Biden said he met Deng Xiaoping in Paris, the man died 20+ years ago, he called Corey Booker the President.
    I could go on and on with examples but I'd like to hear you explain away those two as nothing.

Can you explain these away...all from 2019, more from 2018/17 too if you care to look...if trump had brains made from wool there still wouldn't be enough to make a tampon for a budgie!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

da_miser wrote:
    My money is on Michell Obama. For your amusement/dismay, turn up the sound.
    Unfortunately Michelle Obama has said many times she doesn't want a position like that. It'd be great if she changed her mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

There's an actual fascist in the Oval Office and you're presumably moaning about some protestors.

You must live a very sheltered life , woke to the max, Get out and see the world, read a few books, then look back at your Ridiculous statement that a fascist is n the white house.
    God help you when you actually meet a nasty person in the real world, you'll piss yourself with fear

• Advertisement

Unfortunately Michelle Obama has said many times she doesn't want a position like that. It'd be great if she changed her mind.

Why would it be great?
    Shes is a black woman, is that all that is required?

Read it and weep, here is your hero in all her glory.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2008/05/is-michelle-obama-responsible-for-the-jeremiah-wright-fiasco.html

da_miser wrote:
    Why would it be great? Shes is a black woman, is that all that is required?

I read that crap. It's biased, you can even feel the hate between the words when it's not clearly evident on the page.
    If you are reading and believing agenda driven haters like that then there's no hope for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

You must live a very sheltered life , woke to the max, Get out and see the world, read a few books, then look back at your Ridiculous statement that a fascist is n the white house.
    God help you when you actually meet a nasty person in the real world, you'll piss yourself with fear

So Trump is a nasty person? Agreed.

Trumps next election video.
    The Dems want to disband the police, Vote Biden and this is what you will get.
    https://imgur.com/KZ15LMc

Huuuge win for Trump in November, i can see no other outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Why would it be great?
    Shes is a black woman, is that all that is required?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2008/05/is-michelle-obama-responsible-for-the-jeremiah-wright-fiasco.html

She seems like a decent person and can speak in full sentences so it’d be an improvement on trump at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trumps next election video.
    The Dems want to disband the police, Vote Biden and this is what you will get.
    https://imgur.com/KZ15LMc

Huuuge win for Trump in November, i can see no other outcome.

Even though Biden has said the exact opposite.
    He promised to give 300 million to the police.
    Also the looting happened under trumps watch.

What to you think of trump gassing peacefully protesters?

MadYaker wrote: »
    She seems like a decent person and can speak in full sentences so it’d be an improvement on trump at least.

The cope is growing around boards among the orange man bad posters, the melt downs when he wins reelection will be unprecedented.
    Now riddle me this, will you accept you are wrong about Trump when he wins bigly in November, will you accept that the media is pushing propaganda and no matter what Trump does , the media will not be happy.

trump-taxes.png

The cope is growing around boards among the orange man bad posters, the melt downs when he wins reelection will be unprecedented.
    Now riddle me this, will you accept you are wrong about Trump when he wins bigly in November, will you accept that the media is pushing propaganda and no matter what Trump does , the media will not be happy.

trump-taxes.png

That's a lie. The NYT has been profitable during that time.

As far as im concerned the left has lost the plot, especially in the states, no matter what Trump does the media goes mad, for years the media have been clamouring for a end to the Afgan war, them when Trump says he is going to end it and bring the troops home, media does a 180 turn and wants to stay there.
    One of the best examples of the Orange man bad rhetoric followed with out question by the left is maternity leave, the media campaigns for it and as soon as Trump agrees the media does a 180, what type of mental illness is this, the public can see this madness and will vote Bigly for Trump in November.

Liberal-Media-Hypocrisy-32.jpg

As far as im concerned the left has lost the plot, especially in the states, no matter what Trump does the media goes mad, for years the media have been clamouring for a end to the Afgan war, them when Trump says he is going to end it and bring the troops home, media does a 180 turn and wants to stay there.
    One of the best examples of the Orange man bad rhetoric followed with out question by the left is maternity leave, the media campaigns for it and as soon as Trump agrees the media does a 180, what type of mental illness is this, the public can see this madness and will vote Bigly for Trump in November.

Kinda boring now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Why can’t you answer?

Kinda boring now.

Lalalalalalalal stick my fingers in my ears , i cant hear you.
    Pathetic , you have just proven the anti Trump left propaganda is nonsense, you have been show clear evidence of the madness that has infected the left and you dont want to know about it.
    Orange man bad is not a valid position to take by anyone with a bit of sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Bold Abdu

That's a lie. The NYT has been profitable during that time.

It may or may not be a lie, but you've misunderstood.

Bold Abdu wrote: »
    It may or may not be a lie, but you've misunderstood.

Maybe? Happy to be corrected.

Maybe? Happy to be corrected.

It's not the tax forum but anyway...

If the NYT made an $80m loss in 2009 and a profit in every year thereafter, it would have claimed the $80 loss against the profits in those years.

You stand corrected!

• Advertisement

It's not the tax forum but anyway...

If the NYT made an $80m loss in 2009 and a profit in every year thereafter, it would have claimed the $80 loss against the profits in those years.

You stand corrected!

Ah! I understand the concept of writing off losses. It's just that there is no evidence of the NYT making such losses. None that I can find anyway.

Lalalalalalalal stick my fingers in my ears , i cant hear you.
    Pathetic , you have just proven the anti Trump left propaganda is nonsense, you have been show clear evidence of the madness that has infected the left and you dont want to know about it.
    Orange man bad is not a valid position to take by anyone with a bit of sense.

Why do you call him Orange Man? Kind of insulting isn't it?

Ah! I understand the concept of writing off losses. It's just that there is no evidence of the NYT making such losses. None that I can find anyway.

The general point stands. Just because you can't find it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

A quick google search finds an article from Techcrunch (from 6 Feb 2019). First paragraph -

Today’s news that The (failing?) New York Times reported net income of $55.2 million, after losses a year earlier — and that its digital business raked in $709 million — is just one indicator that some of the nation’s oldest media properties are finally crossing the bridge into the 21st century.

You don't have to apologise to the guy you called a liar!

The general point stands. Just because you can't find it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

A quick google search finds an article from Techcrunch. First paragraph -

Today’s news that The (failing?) New York Times reported net income of $55.2 million, after losses a year earlier — and that its digital business raked in $709 million — is just one indicator that some of the nation’s oldest media properties are finally crossing the bridge into the 21st century.

Yes, but how much losses? Where is the proof that the NYT has lost 80 billion and written it off over the past 8 years? I certainly can't find any.

Love da_miser's post showing CNN for the agenda driven shysters they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Love da_miser's post showing CNN for the agenda driven shysters they are.

Divisive grifters is the correct term

Why can’t you answer?

Give examples of this, i have show two examples of the left BS and still we have not got a response as to why the left 180 is acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

A quick google search finds an article from Techcrunch (from 6 Feb 2019). First paragraph -

The original image stated 80m in losses SINCE 2012. Nowhere in your post have you shown the evidence of this.

Yes, but how much losses? Where is the proof that the NYT has lost 80 billion and written it off over the past 8 years? I certainly can't find any.

You couldn't find any losses earlier but were happy to call someone a liar. It took me 20 seconds to find some losses from 2018.

I haven't looked, but I'm sure the NYT is a massive group company. Companies within the group may have made $80m losses that were utilised.

Before calling someone a liar, racist, fascist etc. people should have some information. Not just throw the terms around. That's all I'm saying.

• Advertisement

da_miser wrote:
    Give examples of this, i have show two examples of the left BS and still we have not got a response as to why the left 180 is acceptable
    Who are you calling the left?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement