Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Bold Abdu wrote: »
    You couldn't find any losses earlier but were happy to call someone a liar. It took me 20 seconds to find some losses from 2018.

I haven't looked, but I'm sure the NYT is a massive group company. Companies within the group may have made $80m losses that were utilised.

Before calling someone a liar, racist, fascist etc. people should have some information. Not just throw the terms around. That's all I'm saying.

"I haven't looked" "may have made $80m losses". Maybe find some accurate information yourself before criticising anyone for questioning the original post.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bold Abdu wrote:
    Before calling someone a liar, racist, fascist etc. people should have some information. Not just throw the terms around. That's all I'm saying.
    He's one of a group here that will call you every name in the sun if they think you are not fully behind their hate of Trump.
    I despise Trump but I like to remain honest and converse peacefully without assigning names or tags to people and despite me saying on many occasions that Trump is the worst POTUS in history, I've been tagged a Trump supporter on numerous occasions by these people.
    You are better to just ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

eagle eye wrote: »
    Love da_miser's post showing CNN for the agenda driven shysters they are.

CNN are a cancer, all they do is sow discord to generate advertising money from the gullible left leaning woke idiots.
    There is no end to their double standards and 180 turns on something once Trump is seen to be going that direction.
    Before Election when Hillary was going to win and after when she Lost

cnn20election20hack.jpg

The usual shíte from a few select posters on here. They'll post something as fact and expect others to just accept it. Then when someone comes along and questions it, they'll be accused of being "leftist" or "orange man bad" or some other such pointless drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Bold Abdu

"I haven't looked" "may have made $80m losses". Maybe find some accurate information yourself before criticising anyone for questioning the original post.

Calling someone a liar isn't "questioning". Are you sure about that? - that would be questioning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

The usual shíte from a few select posters on here. They'll post something as fact and expect others to just accept it. Then when someone comes along and questions it, they'll be accused of being "leftist" or "orange man bad" or some other such pointless drivel.

Same denial from the usual posters here. Some deflect while others disappear altogether until the status quo resumes.
    Its very transparent

You couldn't find any losses earlier but were happy to call someone a liar. It took me 20 seconds to find some losses from 2018.

I haven't looked, but I'm sure the NYT is a massive group company. Companies within the group may have made $80m losses that were utilised.

You must not have got the memo, anyone that is not against Trump is a Istophobe: A person who attempts to squelch freedom of speech, and silence, shame, and demonize anybody who disagrees with them on any subject by calling that person names that end in -ist or -ophobe, i.e. sexist, racist, ageist, xenophobe, homophobe, Islamophobe, etc. Ironically, istophobes claim to be the most tolerant and open minded people in their society. However, istophobes will not allow their opponents to disagree on even the smallest point of the istophobes agenda, and will immediately label their opponent as an extremist who practices racism, sexism, xenophobia, homophobia, etc.

Same denial from the usual posters here. Some deflect while others disappear altogether until the status quo resumes.
    Its very transparent

Questioning posts isn't the same as "denial." Do you expect people to just accept posts or statements without question? I'm sure Trump supporters are used to doing that but the rest of us prefer facts. And there's no deflection I'm afraid, I've only referred to the content of the original post. The only deflection around here is when Trump and his actions are questioned and his minions rush to blame Obama/Democrat/msm/etc etc for everything.

The media is freaking out because Trump is exposing them for the fake new agenda pushers that they are, the public are seeing this with their own eyes and are turning away from them in huge numbers, the riots and the Dems with the media support are pushing to disband the Police, a act of pure lunacy, only the hardcore Never Trumpers are still on board with the Dems/Media, many large business have stated this week they are unlikely to rebuilt in Cities where Police where Ordered by Dem Mayors to stand down and let the Riots happen, and in the last 7 days of all the property for sale in Minneapolis , 18% have gone on the market since the Riots, people are fleeing Dem cities and their disastrous policies.
    People can see with their own eyes and the media is not on the side of the people.
    Check out this very telling clip , the mask slipped big style.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

The general point stands. Just because you can't find it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

You don't have to apologise to the guy you called a liar!

Erm, Techcrunch may be wrong, but hey. Here are the NY times financials for the last 5 years. No losses, positive EPS back till 2012. HTH. Oh, Profmo called the nonsense copied over from FB a lie. It is. He didn't (then) call any poster here a liar. https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/NYT/new-york-times/financial-statements

It seems that Techcrunch was focused on 1 quarter, in fact the article goes on to state it's a good thing media giants are getting more 'digital,' which is the kind of thing Techcrunch would be into.

So, have you any proof that the NY times has lost money in the last 5 years, on an annual basis?

• Advertisement

Questioning posts isn't the same as "denial." Do you expect people to just accept posts or statements without question? I'm sure Trump supporters are used to doing that but the rest of us prefer facts. And there's no deflection I'm afraid, I've only referred to the content of the original post. The only deflection around here is when Trump and his actions are questioned and his minions rush to blame Obama/Democrat/msm/etc etc for everything.

You have been presented with "Facts' of media shenanigans but choose to ignore them as they are not to your liking.
    It's really ironic that these leftist PROPAGANDISTS compare President Trump to Hitler, Lenin or Mussolini when all Trump is doing is pointing out the lies the left biased media are propagating.
    It has already been shown and proven through Wiki Leaks and Project Veritas that the so-called Mainstream Media are/were in collusion with the Clinton campaign, the Obama government and the Dems putting out Fake News and are not to be believed or trusted.
    So no right thinking people should get their news from any of the main stream media aka. the propaganda arm of the left/Dems.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,458 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Divisive grifters is the correct term

Are you describing the Trump Family?

eagle eye wrote: »
    Love da_miser's post showing CNN for the agenda driven shysters they are.

Both articles that were cited are explicitly classified as opinion pieces from people who work in different organisations focused on the topic. You do realising that news organisations across the globe publish and broadcast differing viewpoints? I would say omitting that they are opinion pieces is far more agenda driven.

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/30/opinions/trump-budget-paid-leave-calder-opinion/index.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/04/04/opinions/paid-family-leave-for-all-boushey-bethell/index.html
    da_miser wrote: »
    CNN are a cancer, all they do is sow discord to generate advertising money from the gullible left leaning woke idiots.
    There is no end to their double standards and 180 turns on something once Trump is seen to be going that direction.
    Before Election when Hillary was going to win and after when she Lost

cnn20election20hack.jpg
    First article relates to the Obama Administration and the Russians breaching voter databases. The article goes on to explain that voting machines would be difficult to interfere with to win an election.

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/10/19/politics/election-day-russia-hacking-explained/index.html

Second relates entirely to known Russian interference which Obama administration continued to raise including the DNC hack. This is all established fact so once again. It's odd that you only include images instead of linking to the pieces.
    https://edition.cnn.com/2016/12/15/politics/russian-hacking-vladimir-putin-donald-trump/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

So you still have no proof? Just "I'm sure the. "...may have..."

I've called Trump a liar because he is a liar. That liar aside, point out where I've call anyone "a liar, racist, fascist etc.". Unless of course they lied.

Both articles that were cited are explicitly classified as opinion pieces.....
    ]
    The cope is strong, the fake news with 180 pivots is scrambling a few brains round these parts, now imagine how bad it is in the States, no wonder the left/Dems are screeching and behaving like toddlers at the mention of Trumps name.
    The left/dems believe Trump is bad because the media told me ,but here is evidence that he is not, every time their brain melts down followed by temper tantrum
    In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance occurs when a person holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values; or participates in an action that goes against one of these three, and experiences psychological stress because of that. According to this theory, when two actions or ideas are not psychologically consistent with each other, people do all in their power to change them until they become consistent.[1] The discomfort is triggered by the person's belief clashing with new information perceived, wherein they try to find a way to resolve the contradiction to reduce their discomfort.

Psychiatrists will be studying the TDS cult for decades if not centuries to come, its fascinating to see, no matter what evidence is presented to the infected they will not believe it, its mass hysteria, grown people behaving like toddlers with tantrums.

693-1109084802-Liberals-scream-over-TRUMP.jpg

The cope is strong, the fake news with 180 pivots is scrambling a few brains round these parts, now imagine how bad it is in the States, no wonder the left/Dems are screeching and behaving like toddlers at the mention of Trumps name.
    The left/dems believe Trump is bad because the media told me ,but here is evidence that he is not, every time their brain melts down followed by temper tantrum
    In the field of psychology, cognitive dissonance occurs when a person holds two or more contradictory beliefs, ideas, or values; or participates in an action that goes against one of these three, and experiences psychological stress because of that. According to this theory, when two actions or ideas are not psychologically consistent with each other, people do all in their power to change them until they become consistent.[1] The discomfort is triggered by the person's belief clashing with new information perceived, wherein they try to find a way to resolve the contradiction to reduce their discomfort.

Okay, so you just go on a nonsense rant when I point out that you're misrepresenting. Also directly quoting wikipedia without citing it is particularly cringe...

You have been presented with "Facts' of media shenanigans but choose to ignore them as they are not to your liking.

You think opinion pieces from people with no affiliation to CNN are 'facts' of 'shenanigans'. Oh dear.

You think opinion pieces from people with no affiliation to CNN are 'facts' of 'shenanigans'. Oh dear.
    If CNN publish it, guess what They Own it.
    Is that not how it works in cancel culture.

So is it bad to publish opinion pieces?

You know I could open The Irish Times right now and find articles with differing views on topics in the opinion piece section?

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Erm, Techcrunch may be wrong, but hey. Here are the NY times financials for the last 5 years. No losses, positive EPS back till 2012. HTH. Oh, Profmo called the nonsense copied over from FB a lie. It is. He didn't (then) call any poster here a liar. https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/NYT/new-york-times/financial-statements

It seems that Techcrunch was focused on 1 quarter, in fact the article goes on to state it's a good thing media giants are getting more 'digital,' which is the kind of thing Techcrunch would be into.

So, have you any proof that the NY times has lost money in the last 5 years, on an annual basis?

So the NYT has made money since 2014. The OP was calling liar on a period prior to that.

What were their accumulated losses coming in to the relevant period? I don't know, but nor does the OP. That is the point. Simple really.

So the NYT has made money since 2014. The OP was calling liar on a period prior to that.

What were their accumulated losses coming in to the relevant period? I don't know, but nor does the OP. That is the point. Simple really.

So, you found those posts of mine where I used the words "liar, fascist, racist"?

So, you found those posts of mine where I used the words "liar, fascist, racist"?

Sorry, I missed your last post.

I wasn't referring to you. I said "people" - it was a general point not directed at you. Apologies if you perceived it that way.....although you might need to toughen up if you were offended :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Both articles that were cited are explicitly classified as opinion pieces from people who work in different organisations focused on the topic.

It's quite amazing that in 2020, grown men still haven't figured out how to distinguish reporting, opinion and editorial content from each other. They probably believe that the ads are official positions of the publications.

Sorry, NY times hasn't lost money since 2011. The nonsense posted from FB state "NY Times has claimed $80mn in losses since 2012."

Well, yet the NY times has booked positive revenue vs expenses since then. In fact, $80mn of loss (if there was in fact a loss), isn't much on revenue of 1.8bn, which is most recent data.

Sorry, I missed your last post.

I wasn't referring to you. I said "people" - it was a general point not directed at you. Apologies if you perceived it that way.....although you might need to toughen up if you were offended :-)

Not offended - it's the internet. Just righting a wrong.

Fair enough. You said it in the context of my post but never mind and thanks for the apology.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Sorry, NY times hasn't lost money since 2011. The nonsense posted from FB state "NY Times has claimed $80mn in losses since 2012."

Well, yet the NY times has booked positive revenue vs expenses since then. In fact, $80mn of loss (if there was in fact a loss), isn't much on revenue of 1.8bn, which is most recent data.

I covered this earlier. Claimed losses would indicate they've utilised losses from a prior period. For example, they made a loss in 2008. I don't know when they utilised this loss. It doesn't mean they made a loss in the period 2012 - whenever the post was posted.

From the 2008 annual report -

While we had an operating loss of $41 million compared with operating profit of $227 million in 2007......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,458 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I covered this earlier. Claimed losses would indicate they've utilised losses from a prior period. For example, they made a loss in 2008. I don't know when they utilised this loss. It doesn't mean they made a loss in the period 2012 - whenever the post was posted.

While we had an operating loss of $41 million compared with operating profit of $227 million in 2007......

How're Trump's losses in business? Oh that's right he won't show us for some concocted bullsh!t reason

"$80 million losses since 2012". That was the claim. Please explain how losses in 2008 relate to this claim.

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    How're Trump's losses in business? Oh that's right he won't show us for some concocted bullsh!t reason

Joe Biden released his tax affairs. I'm sure Trump will as well. Otherwise Biden just might mention that fact during debates.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement