Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

"$80 million losses since 2012". That was the claim. Please explain how losses in 2008 relate to this claim.

It's like talking to a wall, don't expect any explanation when they can't even read properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

It's like talking to a wall, don't expect any explanation when they can't even read properly.

Well, this will be my last time asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Bold Abdu

Well, this will be my last time asking.

Just as well, because you haven't understood the 2 explanations I've given so far. It's really very simple. Read it again, slower this time.

You can claim a loss from 2008 in 2012.

This is my last time explaining it. I have to head over to the Statue forum to see if Paw Patrol has survived.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

"$80 million losses since 2012". That was the claim. Please explain how losses in 2008 relate to this claim.

You're just brainwashed by the lamestream media. If you got out of your bubble and included some misinformation and lies in your information diet you would see how 2008 can actually have happened after 2012. It's your blinkered leftist thinking that makes it impossible for you to see beyond your preconceived notions about 2008 happening prior to 2012.

Bold Abdu wrote: »
    Just as well, because you haven't understood the 2 explanations I've given so far. It's really very simple. Read it again, slower this time.

You can claim a loss from 2008 in 2012.

This is my last time explaining it. I have to head over to the Statue forum to see if Paw Patrol has survived.

My third time of asking. Yet again you have no proof whatsoever of the NYT writing off "80 million losses since 2012". Just more speculation based on, well nothing at all. Okie dokie, off you go.

• Advertisement

You're just brainwashed by the lamestream media. If you got out of your bubble and included some misinformation and lies in your information diet you would see how 2008 can actually have happened after 2012. It's your blinkered leftist thinking that makes it impossible for you to see beyond your preconceived notions about 2008 happening prior to 2012.

I'm a leftist libtard. In 1995, Trump officially reported losses of 916 million (yes, 916 million in 1995) and subsequently wrote those losses off in tax. Then some brainwashed person posts a meme attacking the NYT for reporting this and for writing off 80 million losses of their own. As proof, the meme uses a quote from Twitter by some randomer. When questioned, no proof of the meme's claim can be provided. Yet it is defended to the hilt, without any proof, as if poor Trump was being unfairly maligned by the NYT. Deflect, deflect, deflect.

I'm a leftist libtard. In 1995, Trump officially reported losses of 916 million (yes, 916 million in 1995) and subsequently wrote those losses off in tax. Then some brainwashed person posts a meme attacking the NYT for reporting this and for writing off 80 million losses of their own. As proof, the meme uses a quote from Twitter by some randomer. When questioned, no proof of the meme's claim can be provided. Yet it is defended to the hilt, without any proof, as if poor Trump was being unfairly maligned by the NYT. Deflect, deflect, deflect.

It's a fascinating thread all the same. Defending absurdities to the hilt is the funniest part of it. I mean, who wouldn't be interested in a defense of the idea that 2008 is in the range of years that can be described as "since" 2012? You wouldn't get it anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

How about the Irish times and CNN last week with their headline of Trump uses George Floyd's name during speech about great job numbers.
    Very clever isn't it because he was talking about jobs but he was talking about equal treatment for all when he brought up George Floyd's name and not about jobs.
    Is that fake enough for you?

It's a fascinating thread all the same. Defending absurdities to the hilt is the funniest part of it. I mean, who wouldn't be interested in a defense of the idea that 2008 is in the range of years that can be described as "since" 2012? You wouldn't get it anywhere else.

It's odd alright. Even if it were true, so what? Trump wrote off 196 million in 1995. How much has he written off since. Hang on I'll just check. Oh dear, I can't find his tax returns for, well, decades. Just an oversight on the President's part I imagine. Because he promised to release them in 2011. And promised again in 2012. And promised again in 2015.

Like, the NYT publishes its tax returns every year so it must be just a simple mistake by The President of the United States of America who posted losses of $196,000,000 in 1995 and then stopped releasing tax returns. Probably forgot.

eagle eye wrote: »
    How about the Irish times and CNN last week with their headline of Trump uses George Floyd's name during speech about great job numbers.
    Very clever isn't it because he was talking about jobs but he was talking about equal treatment for all when he brought up George Floyd's name and not about jobs.
    Is that fake enough for you?

I could swear that Trump gave a speech on the unemployment numbers and mentioned a George looking down or something.

I know there were also incorrect reports about the context in which he brought it up but really, if I spoke as unclearly as Trump, I wouldn't be blaming others for misunderstanding me. That would be on me and my inability to clearly express myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭kyote00

More creepy comedy gold from Mr T at 1hr 10m 53secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-VI5NWRl2E

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

kyote00 wrote: »
    More creepy comedy gold from Mr T at 1hr 10m 53secs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-VI5NWRl2E

yeah but Biden, Hillary, Obama...look over there, a squirrel!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 27,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

It's odd alright. Even if it were true, so what? Trump wrote off 196 million in 1995. How much has he written off since. Hang on I'll just check. Oh dear, I can't find his tax returns for, well, decades. Just an oversight on the President's part I imagine. Because he promised to release them in 2011. And promised again in 2012. And promised again in 2015.

Like, the NYT publishes its tax returns every year so it must be just a simple mistake by The President of the United States of America who posted losses of $196,000,000 in 1995 and then stopped releasing tax returns. Probably forgot.

This is the more important point. It doesn't even remotely matter if the NYT wrote off losses against taxable income in the future. That does not make it hypocritical to report that Trump has done the same.

To call it hypocritical is a failure in either logic or comprehension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Questioning posts isn't the same as "denial." Do you expect people to just accept posts or statements without question? I'm sure Trump supporters are used to doing that but the rest of us prefer facts. And there's no deflection I'm afraid, I've only referred to the content of the original post. The only deflection around here is when Trump and his actions are questioned and his minions rush to blame Obama/Democrat/msm/etc etc for everything.

Right.
    Do you believe CNN to be a factual non agenda driven media organisation?
    Yes or no will do

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

This is who the Dems have aligned with, pure lunacy, a Trump absolute and total victory is now on as far as im concerned, a sure thing.
    I love the edits, read it and be amazed how stunning and brave it is, thats if you dont pass out from laughing.

qg0bsBD
    https://ibb.co/qg0bsBD

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Speaking of news networks being in financial trouble. Fox, particularly Tucker Carlson, is hemorrhaging money

https://twitter.com/GoAngelo/status/1244819790650322944?s=19

https://cdllife.com/2020/truck-drivers-say-they-wont-deliver-to-cities-with-defunded-police-departments/

More reason to vote for Trump, if you let the Dems gain power in November what a disaster that will be, At this rate Trump wont even have to campaign , let the Dems get him elected with their madness

duploelabs wrote: »
    Speaking of news networks being in financial trouble. Fox, particularly Tucker Carlson, is hemorrhaging money

Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Good.

Tucker and Hannity are odious.

Tucker and Hannity are odious.

Yeah. No surprise they are Trump supporters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Yeah. No surprise they are Trump supporters.

jeanine pirro Is another nasty one.

Right.
    Do you believe CNN to be a factual non agenda driven media organisation?
    Yes or no will do

I'm not sure what relevance the question has to the post you quoted but I can play this game too.
    Do you believe Fox News to be a factual non agenda driven media organisation?
    Yes or no will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I'm not sure what relevance the question has to the post you quoted but I can play this game too. Do you believe Fox News to be a factual non agenda driven media organisation? Yes or no will do.
    You forgot to answer him.
    I'll play your game though, they are all agenda driven, every single one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

da_miser wrote: »
    As far as im concerned the left has lost the plot, especially in the states, no matter what Trump does the media goes mad, for years the media have been clamouring for a end to the Afgan war, them when Trump says he is going to end it and bring the troops home, media does a 180 turn and wants to stay there.
    One of the best examples of the Orange man bad rhetoric followed with out question by the left is maternity leave, the media campaigns for it and as soon as Trump agrees the media does a 180, what type of mental illness is this, the public can see this madness and will vote Bigly for Trump in November.

Liberal-Media-Hypocrisy-32.jpg

All 3 articles the same author or nah?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

da_miser wrote: »
    CNN are a cancer, all they do is sow discord to generate advertising money from the gullible left leaning woke idiots.
    There is no end to their double standards and 180 turns on something once Trump is seen to be going that direction.
    Before Election when Hillary was going to win and after when she Lost

cnn20election20hack.jpg

Another instance of different authors expressing different opinions.

I know CNN isn’t a printed paper but do you all not read a broadsheet ever? Do you know how this works?

eagle eye wrote: »
    You forgot to answer him.
    I'll play your game though, they are all agenda driven, every single one of them.

Not my game... I'm not the one obsessed with CNN.

Overheal wrote: »
    All 3 articles the same author or nah?

RULE 1 of Cancel culture. You publish it ,you own it.
    CNN owns this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

Seriously?? Cancel culture?! Is this being regarded as a thing now just because Trumps bimbo daughter said it.

Amazing how people buy this crap.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Seriously?? Cancel culture?! Is this being regarded as a thing now just because Trumps bimbo daughter said it.

Amazing how people buy this crap.

Apparently there's rules too :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭golfball37

duploelabs wrote: »

Carlson comes from a filthy rich family. His mother owned some company and is worth 100s of millions- there’ll be fear of him I’d say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement