Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭golfball37

Tucker and Hannity are odious.

Agree on Hannity but Tucker is very good and surprisingly fair. Has opposed every military intervention since the 80s which makes him somewhat of a black sheep in fox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

I'm not sure what relevance the question has to the post you quoted but I can play this game too.
    Do you believe Fox News to be a factual non agenda driven media organisation?
    Yes or no will do.

You didn't answer. I got in first

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Dickus Swiveller

duploelabs wrote: »
    Speaking of news networks being in financial trouble. Fox, particularly Tucker Carlson, is hemorrhaging money

https://twitter.com/GoAngelo/status/1244819790650322944?s=19

The anyone-who-disagrees-with-me-is-a-nazi left wing mob seem to be gunning for Carlson. Hopefully Fox don't cave in. He's one of the few decent journos in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭da_miser

I'm not sure what relevance the question has to the post you quoted but I can play this game too.
    Do you believe Fox News to be a factual non agenda driven media organisation?
    Yes or no will do.

Are you going to answer the question?

Tucker is going nowhere , his show is the top rated TV show in the states , not just news but all TV shows.

Plenty of video clips of him on Youtube, polite , professional asking normal rational questions to to those on the left and they themselves do the rest, make a fool of themselves with woke idiotic replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

da_miser wrote: »
    RULE 1 of Cancel culture. You publish it ,you own it.
    CNN owns this.

Lol?

Okay so they own two differing arguments from different authors on how something is good or bad.

Strange equivocation to cancel culture; it’s not as though CNNs editorial board rubber stamped an article promoting sexual assault as a hobby :confused:

Suppose this means the New York Times is a far right wing publication now for publishing Tom Cotton’s opinions?

golfball37 wrote: »
    Agree on Hannity but Tucker is very good and surprisingly fair. Has opposed every military intervention since the 80s which makes him somewhat of a black sheep in fox

He has views that keep him on the air

And views that have ran his advertisers out of town, like ‘immigrants make America dirtier’

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭golfball37

Overheal wrote: »
    He has views that keep him on the air

And views that have ran his advertisers out of town, like ‘immigrants make America dirtier’

I’ve never heard him say that or anything as inflammatory tbh. What I’ve heard him on immigration is he thinks America should have a right to decide who comes in and who doesn’t, which is reasonable imo. These days that view quite easily translates to bigot which is the sort of discourse that sees someone like Trump elected. Non racists are sick of being labeled

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I’ve never heard him say that or anything as inflammatory tbh. What I’ve heard him on immigration is he thinks America should have a right to decide who comes in and who doesn’t, which is reasonable imo. These days that view quite easily translates to bigot which is the sort of discourse that sees someone like Trump elected. Non racists are sick of being labeled

"I love women, but they're primitive. They're not hard to understand."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I see he was acting inappropriately towards a girl on stage.

Can someone post the video please?

• Advertisement

Allow me to elucidate:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/dec/18/tucker-carlson-immigrants-poorer-dirtier-advertisers-pull-out

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/09/fox-black-lives-carlson/

"I love women, but they're primitive. They're not hard to understand."
    That and more in the clip below. Eg. Says he wouldn’t have confirmed Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan because of her appearance.

Suppose this means the New York Times is a far right wing publication now for publishing Tom Cotton’s opinions?

You aware of the fallout from this?
    The left lunatic fringe have pushed out any non believers to the woke cause.

That and more in the clip below. Eg. Says he wouldn’t have confirmed Supreme Court Justice Elena Kagan because of her appearance.

That comment about the child was disgusting.

You aware of the fallout from this?
    The left lunatic fringe have pushed out any non believers to the woke cause.

Meh.

I read the Washington post. Republicans and Democrats alike post opinion pieces, often in contradiction, or even in engagement of one another. By your logic does this mean the paper is schizophrenic?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Dickus Swiveller

OMG the horror. Tie him to a pole and tar him with feathers. Look, we all know what's going on here. The left wing mob despise anybody who's slightly right of centre, and target advertisers as a result. This campaign has been going on for a long time.

I guarantee you I could find plenty of dodgy statements that left leaning reporters have made down the years. But the mob don't care about them, 'cause those journos hold the correct opinions.

OMG the horror. Tie him to a pole and tar him with feathers. Look, we all know what's going on here. The left wing mob despise anybody who's slightly right of centre, and target advertisers as a result. This campaign has been going on for a long time.

I guarantee you I could find plenty of dodgy statements that left leaning reporters have made down the years. But the mob don't care about them, 'cause those journos hold the correct opinions.

Feel free to post those comments by "left leaning reporters". Or any reporters. Especially those that make fun of of child abuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Hey, welcome back!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Tucker is going nowhere , his show is the top rated TV show in the states , not just news but all TV shows.

Plenty of video clips of him on Youtube, polite , professional asking normal rational questions to to those on the left and they themselves do the rest, make a fool of themselves with woke idiotic replies.

Did you read the twitter thread? In opinion shows like his, money talks and if his ad revenue is going South then he'll be hooked

Name a left mob lord who didn’t lose advertising or their job for controversial statements you find to be in poor taste?

• Advertisement

Did you read the twitter thread? In opinion shows like his, money talks and if his ad revenue is going South then he'll be hooked

The Ad money is going nowhere, his show is number one in all metrics.
    His repeats beat the combined viewers for CNN and MSNBC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The Ad money is going nowhere, his show is number one in all metrics.
    His repeats beat the combined viewers for CNN and MSNBC

Again, did you not read the thread I posted? Please counter the points in it if you dispute them

Meh.

I read the Washington post.

Admitting you have a problem is a important first step in getting help

Yes i read the pure drivel.
    Look who the tweeter is
    Its from 31 march, Tucker is still on air.
    Its whole premise is less ad means less money
    Longer Ad during the most popular TV show in the country will cost more
    Why would you not want a longer Ad during the most popular TV Show in the country.
    The only reason Tucker will be leaving TV is to take the baton of Trump to run for President.

Admitting you have a problem is a important first step in getting help

And what problem is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

CNN is considered tabloid rubbish from an Irish point of view and certainly not left wing.

https://nypost.com/2020/06/13/truckers-wouldnt-deliver-to-cities-that-defund-police-poll/

More good news for the Trump camp, just wait the left will be along to say scab labour will be the solution to this!
    LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

And what problem is that?

They used to be a fantastic newspaper. They even coined the term 'mccarthyism'; it's just a shame they indulge in it so much these days.

• Advertisement

Trump had another ‘mental health episode‘

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/watch-trump-struggles-to-pronounce-general-douglas-macarthurs-name-lift-water-glass-during-west-point-speech/

Twitter is trending with this, and serious concerns are being raised about this in connection with his enigmatic visit to Walter Reed Hospital in November, among other things. He didn’t just flub his words here or look dumb squinting for a teleprompter he lost motor control and looked like he was about to fall over going down a gentle ramp.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement