Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

da_miser wrote: »
    Admitting you have a problem is a important first step in getting help

Can you tell us what impartial fact driven media you read yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Thanks baldy.

I have one arm.

You're welcome Hand Solo, let me know if you ever need help a hand with anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

frag420 wrote: »
    You're welcome Hand Solo, let me know if you ever need help a hand with anything!

Lol. If I do need a hand il pay you in pies. You can have as many as you like. Eat them in the shed where nobody is looking at you. No judgement.

Good banter. I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Lol. If I do need a hand il pay you in pies. You can have as many as you like. Eat them in the shed where nobody is looking at you. No judgement.

Good banter. I like it.

If you dont mind, I am not a fan of pies. Now a burger would be perfect!

Leave em at the shed door, social distancing and all that!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I'd love to know what dirt Donnie has on lickspittle Lindsay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

“Secret Service corrects the record claiming it DID use pepper spray to clear protesters outside the White House for THAT photo-op - a week after AG Bill Barr asserted no 'chemical irritants' were used”

Yeah, we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You're quoting a Daily Mail headline? lol.

First of all: Barr said two weeks ago Pepper was used and so that's hardly news. They're just confirming it was pepper and not teargas.

Secondly: The headline states that they cleared the area "for" the walk to the church but the statement which the article quotes makes no such claim at all.

Barr has stated the order to move the protesters one block was given at 2pm and so unless there is some new information that Barr was aware BEFORE 2pm that Trump was going to make that walk, there is no basis for saying pepper was used to clear the area specifically so the POTUS could walk across to the church.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

First of all: Barr said two weeks ago Pepper was used and so that's hardly news. They're just confirming it was pepper and not teargas.

Secondly: The headline states that they cleared the area "for" the walk to the church but the statement which the article quotes makes no such claim at all.

Barr has stated the order to move the protesters one block was given at 2pm and so unless there is some new information that Barr was aware BEFORE 2pm that Trump was going to make that walk, there is no basis for saying pepper was used to clear the area specifically so the POTUS could walk across to the church.

So just a coincidence? Trump looked out the window, thought it was a lovely day and decided he would take a waddle over to the church for a photo op shortly after the area had been cleared of peaceful protestors :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Balls of pepper are a type if tear gas.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

So just a coincidence? Trump looked out the window, thought it was a lovely day and decided he would take a waddle over to the church for a photo op shortly after the area had been cleared of peaceful protestors :rolleyes:

There is a reason propaganda Pete is on my ignore list.

I think this was a new low point for the trump administration.
    Can you imagine the sheer outrage if any other president did this and lied about it so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Brazil admitted it has second highest death toll from coronavirus.

They had a clip from the copa cabana. A bolsonaro supporter was taking up crosses that were put in the sand as a monument to victims.

An argument started because a man who lost his son to the virus started picking up the crosses passers by joined in with people saying things like " Send that leftist to China" and " We are all onto your leftist plans".

The coronavirus has turned completely political. They say the right - left type comments that people say online but to each other on the street.

The country is a mad house and deaths are not expected to peak until August.

Well, if there were riots outside your house and the idiots involved also burned down the church there, and you were religious, would you not want to take a walk across to show those people that they won't win once you were informed that the area was clear? Seems to me that's the very time such an idea would appeal to President Trump and the timeline given by Barr backs that up.
    Brian? wrote: »
    Balls of pepper are a type if tear gas.

Nope, people with an agenda have just taken a CDC document out of context and relied on unreliable sources like Wiki. Chloroacetophenone and Chlorobenzylidenemalononitrile are teargas. Truth is the crowd was neither teargas'd nor indeed were they peaceful.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,563 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Well, if there were riots outside your house and the idiots involved also burned down the church there, and you were religious, would you not want to take a walk across to show those people that they won't win once you were informed that the area was clear? Seems to me that's the very time such an idea would appeal to President Trump and the timeline given by Barr backs that up.

Nope, people with an agenda have just taken a CDC document out of context and relied on unreliable sources like Wiki. Chloroacetophenone and Chlorobenzylidenemalononitrile are teargas. Truth is the crowd was neither teargas'd nor indeed were they peaceful.

CDC has fessed up
    Pentagon has fessed up
    Secret Service has fessed up

How are you still dying on that hill? Are you okay?

So why gas the clergy? Surely you would want to stand with them?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/02/clergy-priests-attacked-police-washington-dc-st-john-church-trump-photo-op
    Episcopal clergy linked to St John’s church in Washington DC were among the peaceful protesters violently swept out of the way by police so that Donald Trump could pose in front of the building on Monday evening, and they have condemned the US president’s behavior.

The Christian leaders were teargassed along with protesters and journalists, some of whom were also shot with rubber bullets and punched by officers as they cleared a path to the church from the nearby White House.

“They turned holy ground into a battleground,” the Rev Gini Gerbasi said.

Gerbasi had brought 20 other priests and a group of laypeople, organized by the Episcopal Diocese of Washington to serve as a “peaceful presence in support of protesters”. They offered water and snacks to demonstrators denouncing racism and police brutality, and were armed with hand sanitizer to ward off coronavirus amid the heightened risk of such gatherings during the pandemic.

The clergy were packing up before the new 7pm curfew in Washington began, when the police suddenly surged forward to clear the crowded space in front of the church.

“We heard those explosions and people would drop to the ground because you weren’t sure what it was,” Gerbasi said, adding there were cries of pain as people were hit by rounds fired by the police

Another local leader, the Rev Glenna Huber, rector of the Church of the Epiphany, fled and emailed clergy at the Church of the Presidents to warn them.

Gerbasi said she was on church grounds as police approached.

“I’m there in my little pink sweater, in my collar, my gray hair up in a ponytail, my reading glasses on, and my seminarian who was with me – she got teargas in her eyes,” she said.

The Right Rev Michael Curry, presiding bishop of the Episcopal Church, accused Trump of using “a church building and the Holy Bible for partisan political purposes”.

Overheal wrote: »
    CDC has fessed up

That's three times now you have posted that lie. Here's the other two:
    Speaking of which, the CDC contradicted Trumps claims. It was in fact tear gas
    ... police rushed a peaceful protest outside, assaulted the press, fired a semantic equivalent of teargas (confirmed by CDC ...

No, Overheal - the CDC has not either "fessed up", "contradicted" Trump or "confirmed" tear gas was used. All that Washington Post article did was reference this old CDC factsheet which pointed out that Pepperballs are Riot control agents and Riot control agents are "SOMETIMES" all refereed to as tear gas. Them pointing that has now been said to them having "defined" capiscum as tear gas by left wing media but that don't make it so.

Either way, I fail to see how a CDC factsheet could be referred to them "fessing up" even if they had defined it as such.
    Pentagon has fessed up

Show me where either "fess up" that the area was cleared specifically "for" a "photo-op" and not, as AG Barr has said, something which they had decided to do before President Trump made it known that he wanted to go to the church, as I have seen no such confessions which you are claiming exist.
    Are you okay?

I am. Are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Isn't this fat shaming?

Very crude. I'd expect it from the usual knob gobeens but not you

Nancy Pelosi did the same. Imagine if Trump had commented on someone's weight in public. In fact he probably has at some stage, but he'd be rightly pilloried for it. Pelosi was hailed on twitter as a hero for saying it.

Also he's obese yes, but a long way from morbidly obese. His BMI in his last published medical was 30.4 and you need to be over 40 to class as morbidly obese.

(I'm speaking from a position of authority here, as my own BMI is slightly higher than his, lol. If I was morbidly obese I'd have been furloughed from work. Should have eaten a bit more and got myself a few months off work).

So why gas the clergy? Surely you would want to stand with them?

Bizarre post but then it's based on a Guardian article and so that explains that. It's called 'crowd control' for a reason and that's because they are attempting to control the entirety of it, not sections within it.

Also, the article scurrilously makes the claim that the crowd was cleared "so that Donald Trump could pose in front of the building" - they have no evidence of that and yet print it anyway. Propaganda how are ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,606 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Nancy Pelosi did the same. Imagine if Trump had commented on someone's weight in public. In fact he probably has at some stage, but he'd be rightly pilloried for it. Pelosi was hailed on twitter as a hero for saying it.

Also he's obese yes, but a long way from morbidly obese. His BMI in his last published medical was 30.4 and you need to be over 40 to class as morbidly obese.

(I'm speaking from a position of authority here, as my own BMI is slightly higher than his, lol. If I was morbidly obese I'd have been furloughed from work. Should have eaten a bit more and got myself a few months off work).

I believe your BMI number. I don't believe Trump - he dictates his medical reports.

I won't go into how often Trump criticizes other people for their weight. I think it was Stacy Abrams most recently. It's mostly women (Rosie O'Donnell, others.) And, pay close attention to the words Pelosi used - "People say." Where've we heard that?

As for Trump's actual height and weight, I believe the carnival 'guess your weight' guy from this article before I'd believe anything coming from Trump:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2016/10/06/just-how-big-is-trump-we-asked-5-experts-to-you-guessed-it-weigh-in/

• Advertisement

Yeah, I wouldnt believe anything that they say about his health.

Bizarre post but then it's based on a Guardian article and so that explains that. It's called 'crowd control' for a reason and that's because they are attempting to control the entirety of it, not sections within it.

Also, the article scurrilously makes the claim that the crowd was cleared "so that Donald Trump could pose in front of the building" - they have no evidence of that and yet print it anyway. Propaganda how are ya.

Yeah, you're right, it's just "coincidence " Trump went for a walk shortly after :rolleyes:

I refuse to believe that you are that naive

Regardless of what the published BMI is, I'm basing my guess on comparing him with myself.

Trump has a gut on him alright, but being honest I'm probably chunkier. And he's considerably taller than I am. Plus at his age he probably has less muscle density (which weighs more).

So whilst the reported 30.4 seems a bit conservative alright, in my educated opinion as a fellow lardy, he is not morbidly obese.

PS like I said, he's been vocal himself about other's weight so I have no sympathy when Pelosi did the same. But the Democrats are allegedly the party of decency and respect compared to Trump's Republicans. Stooping to his level is kinda undermining that moral high ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

How depressing that this election is being argued about which senile old man can drink a glass of water better. Or how fat one of them is.

"As far as the President is concerned, he's our President and I would rather he not be taking something that has not been approved by the scientists, especially in his age group and in his, shall we say, weight group -- morbidly obese, they say. So, I think it's not a good idea.

Nothing wrong with her statement except morbidly was an exaggeration. He's probably just obese.

Not quite in the same category as when Trump called two women "miss piggy" and a "fat pig".

Not quite in the same category as when Trump called two women "miss piggy" and a "fat pig".

I didn't say that it was in the same category. I said that if Trump had made the same comment about someone's weight, he would be attacked for it (and rightly so).

Yet the same people who squealed in delight at how Pelosi "slayed" Trump by calling him morbidly obese, are the same people who would be furious at Trump's Miss Piggy remarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,563 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Truth is the crowd was neither teargas'd nor indeed were they peaceful.

CDC has fessed up
    Pentagon has fessed up

How are you still dying on that hill? Are you okay?
    No, Overheal - the CDC has not either "fessed up", "contradicted" Trump or "confirmed" tear gas was used. All that Washington Post article did was reference this old CDC factsheet which pointed out that Pepperballs are Riot control agents and Riot control agents are "SOMETIMES" all refereed to as tear gas. Them pointing that has now been said to them having "defined" capiscum as tear gas by left wing media but that don't make it so.

Either way, I fail to see how a CDC factsheet could be referred to them "fessing up" even if they had defined it as such.

tldr "Yes Overheal the CDC position is that the gas fired was essentially teargas"

Show me where either "fess up" that the area was cleared specifically "for" a "photo-op" and not, as AG Barr has said, something which they had decided to do before President Trump made it known that he wanted to go to the church, as I have seen no such confessions which you are claiming exist.

I refer you back to your short attention span/thinly veiled think-yourself-clever shifting of goalposts highlighted in bold. I wasn't even engaging you on whether it was done for a photo op, I was engaging your repeating this nonsensical statement that teargas was not used. Speaks for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

I didn't say that it was in the same category. I said that if Trump had made the same comment about someone's weight, he would be attacked for it (and rightly so).

Yet the same people who squealed in delight at how Pelosi "slayed" Trump by calling him morbidly obese, are the same people who would be furious at Trump's Miss Piggy remarks.

So Pelosi should call him a fat pig and Mr Piggy? Okay.

Trump makes derogatory remarks all day every day on his Twitter feed, shìt he even did it live at his rallies. He nor his zealots can take the moral high ground after defending his despicable childish name calling for almost 4 years.

• Advertisement

Maybe people were glad to see him get a taste of his own medicine? She was pretty polite in what she said, she didn't call him a fat pig did she? He responded by saying she was sick and had mental problems. The usual classy Donald.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement