Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

She was pretty polite in what she said, she didn't call him a fat pig did she?

She wasn't polite, don't be silly. She knows full well that he isn't morbidly obese, just as much as she knows that he is fat.

Publicly calling him morbidly obese was a deliberate personal insult, wrapped up in fake concern for his wellbeing.

So Pelosi should call him a fat pig and Mr Piggy? Okay.
    Where did I say that? Mind you, if she did call him a fat pig she would still have been praised for "taking him down" and you folk here wouldn't have a bad word to say about it.

He nor his zealots can take the moral high ground after defending his despicable childish name calling for almost 4 years.
    F me... People in here are incredible.

Did I defend Trump's hateful past and ongoing remarks about fat people? No.

Did I suggest that Pelosi should have called him a fat pig? No.

If Donald Trump called Rosie O'Donnell (for example) morbidly obese, he would be rightly slated for it. As it stands he has called her a lot worse.

When Nancy Pelosi calls Donald Trump morbidly obese, she is praised for it.

That is a double standard. Pelosi should be criticised for saying something sh*tty in the same way Trump should be criticised when he says sh*tty things. To say that Pelosi did a bad things does not defend or justify Trump's behaviour in any way.

But you folks seem incapable of seeing that, so you're all getting your knickers in a twist and going full whataboutery to deflect attention from the fact that Pelosi calling Trump morbidly obese was wrong.

You rattle on about Trump's fanatical supporters and defenders, calling them zealots etc. And you have a point. That fella who's been here over the last few days (edit da-miser is the username) going on about Trump winning a huuuuuge landslide etc was a joke. Blind loyalty to his cause and incapable of seeing any flaws in his hero.

But you folks are every bit as ridiculous.

At no point in this particular discussion did I defend Trump. I just pointed out an undeniable double standard and hypocrisy. But you all jumped to Pelosi's defence like she was your mother or something.

Eagle Eye (I think it was him/her) hit the nail on the head. You're all blinded by your hatred and can't have an objective discussion. Ironically, just like the Trump zealots you so despise.

This thread is a waste of time. One or 2 Trump fanatics talk a load of balls, one or 2 rational posters try to have an objective discussion, and then the majority just lump the first 2 groups into the same "zealot" label and bathe in their perceived moral superiority.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

DrPhilG wrote: »
    She wasn't polite, don't be silly. She knows full well that he isn't morbidly obese, just as much as she knows that he is fat.

Publicly calling him morbidly obese was a deliberate personal insult, wrapped up in fake concern for his wellbeing.

Where did I say that? Mind you, if she did call him a fat pig she would still have been praised for "taking him down" and you folk here wouldn't have a bad word to say about it.

F me... People in here are incredible.

Did I defend Trump's hateful past and ongoing remarks about fat people? No.

Did I suggest that Pelosi should have called him a fat pig? No.

If Donald Trump called Rosie O'Donnell (for example) morbidly obese, he would be rightly slated for it. As it stands he has called her a lot worse.

When Nancy Pelosi calls Donald Trump morbidly obese, she is praised for it.

That is a double standard. Pelosi should be criticised for saying something sh*tty in the same way Trump should be criticised when he says sh*tty things. To say that Pelosi did a bad things does not defend or justify Trump's behaviour in any way.

But you folks seem incapable of seeing that, so you're all getting your knickers in a twist and going full whataboutery to deflect attention from the fact that Pelosi calling Trump morbidly obese was wrong.

You rattle on about Trump's fanatical supporters and defenders, calling them zealots etc. And you have a point. That fella who's been here over the last few days (edit da-miser is the username) going on about Trump winning a huuuuuge landslide etc was a joke. Blind loyalty to his cause and incapable of seeing any flaws in his hero.

But you folks are every bit as ridiculous.

At no point in this particular discussion did I defend Trump. I just pointed out an undeniable double standard and hypocrisy. But you all jumped to Pelosi's defence like she was your mother or something.

Eagle Eye (I think it was him/her) hit the nail on the head. You're all blinded by your hatred and can't have an objective discussion. Ironically, just like the Trump zealots you so despise.

This thread is a waste of time. One or 2 Trump fanatics talk a load of balls, one or 2 rational posters try to have an objective discussion, and then the majority just lump the first 2 groups into the same "zealot" group and bathe in their perceived moral superiority.

Can you point me to a single post where I have praised Pelosi or defended what she said?

Can you point me to a single post where I have praised Pelosi or defended what she said?

Can you point me to one where you condemned her or what she said?

Can you point me to one where you condemned her or what she said?

So if I dont condemn what she said that means I support what she said?

So if I dont condemn what she said that means I support what she said?

I didn't say that.

Maybe you can tell me why you didn't condemn it?

During a discussion about Nancy Pelosi saying something nasty, you condemned nasty comments that Trump has made but not the Pelosi comment itself.

• Advertisement

I didn't say that.

Maybe you can tell me why you didn't condemn it? I notice that during a discussion about Nancy Pelosi saying something nasty, you condemned nasty comments that Trump has made but not the ones Pelosi made.

Hold on, you quoted me and said

"jumped to Pelosi's defence like she was your mother or something."

Would you like to retract that accusation now?

Hold on, you quoted me and said

"jumped to Pelosi's defence like she was your mother or something."

Would you like to retract that accusation now?

I quoted you and then made the comments about all of the recent posters not just you.

And no, I don't retract the accusation. You deflected the criticism of Pelosi by" whatabout"ing back to Trump. That to me qualifies as jumping to her defence.

If that wasn't your intention, I'll ask again. Why did you switch the subject back to Trump instead of condemning what Pelosi said?

I quoted you and then made the comments about all of the recent posters.

And no, I don't retract the accusation. You deflected the criticism of Pelosi by" whatabout"ing back to Trump. That qualifies as jumping to her defence.

If that wasn't the case, I'll ask again. Why did you switch the subject back to Trump instead of condemning what Pelosi said?

I didnt disagree with what she said because I believe what she said was factual. The only grey area is wether he is just obese rather than morbidly obese. We will never know because he tends to dictate what the doctors write on his medicals.

I didnt disagree with what she said because I believe what she said was factual. The only grey area is wether he is just obese rather than morbidly obese. We will never know because he tends to dictate what the doctors write on his medicals.

Trump is listed as 6'3" on his medicals. He's listed in the past as 6'2" though so I'll go with that.

To class as morbidly obese he would need to weigh in at 311lbs/22.2st/141kg.

His medical claimed he was 243lbs I think. At a guess I'd say more like 260-270.

Either way, he is clearly not 300lb+ so a long way off morbidly obese.

I don't believe that Pelosi actually believes that he is, any more than I think you actually believe that he is. You just won't criticise her because you can't bear to defend Trump.

Trump is listed as 6'3" on his medicals. He's listed in the past as 6'2" though so I'll go with that.

To class as morbidly obese he would need to weigh in at 311lbs/22.2st/141kg.

His medical claimed he was 243lbs I think. At a guess I'd say more like 260-270.

Either way, he is clearly not 300lb+ so a long way off morbidly obese.

I don't believe that Pelosi actually believes that he is, any more than I think you actually believe that he is. You just won't criticise her because you can't bear to defend Trump.

If Trump ever says/does something as president that deserves defence or praise then I will do it, if the last three and a half years are anything to go by though I won't hold my breath on that happening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

During the covid 19 lockdown, I lost 2 stone. My bmi is now hovering about 30. At my fattest my belly was nothing near as large as Trump's in that golfing photo, but then I guess I've got reasonably sized hands and I guess a guy called bunker boy hasn't got much weight in another pair. 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

DrPhilG wrote:
    Nancy Pelosi did the same.
    She is an embarrassment to the Democratic party. She is one of those that sunk the Democratic party to the same depths as Trump and the Republicans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

• Registered Users Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Carrying that weight into your mid 70s is bad news. In fact making it to that age carrying that extra weight is an achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Seeing those videos of Trump struggling to walk down a ramp and lift a glass of water definitely have to raise serious questions about his physical health given his age. They're simple tasks but he is clearly struggling with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,563 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Seeing those videos of Trump struggling to walk down a ramp and lift a glass of water definitely have to raise serious questions about his physical health given his age. They're simple tasks but he is clearly struggling with them.

Oh, he is clearly struggling with a lot of things.

President Obama regarding “Obamagate” etc.

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1272118241507315715?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I think in that video of him walking the ramp he's just paranoid and self conscious that he will fall.

But come on. To tweet about it??

He's tweeting about that, while there is another black man shot by cops in Atlanta and protests break out again in major cities about this.

What a fragile ego he has. And messed up priorities.

The polls are not showing him in great light atm. Handling of the coronavirus crisis, the state of the economy, the handling of George Floyd RIP and subsequent protests issue all going against him.

Roll on November. I wish it was tomorrow tbh.

Overheal wrote: »
    Oh, he is clearly struggling with a lot of things.

Oh absolutely but it has to make you think if Americans who might even agree with some of his outlooks might be more inclined to stay home if they are voting for someone whose terrible health and frailty shows he could be dead long before 2024. Even for those who might otherwise vote for him, thia is a matter of grave concern.

If his health continues to deteriorate as it has been between now and November, who should take his place as the nominee? This is a serious question not only Republican officials, but hsi supporters too, need to be looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Would it go to Mike Pence to take his place as nominee??

The Reublicans need to look long and hard at who they are fielding currently. His health being one concern.

That needing to hold the glass with two hands would worry me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

amdublin wrote: »
    Roll on November. I wish it was tomorrow tbh.

I think it's what most Democrats would wish for, in the middle of the Coronavirus and George Floyd protests would be a great time for an election. A few months ago they would not have been so optimistic. But five months until the election proves a lot can happen in a short period of time.

Looking at the Democrats during their debates I couldn't see one person that I really liked. I believe Biden is a weak candidate torn by a party that doesn't seem to know how far left it should lean. I think Andrew Yang might have been a better choice, although Tulsi Gabbard would also have been interesting but she p!ssed off the wrong people.

Even if Trump was not to run or even wins the election I don't believe Pence would be the parties choice this year or in 2024.

The Reublicans need to look long and hard at who they are fielding currently. His health being one concern.

That needing to hold the glass with two hands would worry me.
    I can't think of anyone willing to be VP that would be able to pick up the campaign we're Trumps health to continue to degrade as it has been doing to be honest, which is their conundrum as it is becoming a very real issue very quickly. One thing is for sure, Pence wouldn't be able to be that person.

Is Trump hiring fake black supporters for his Juneteenth+1 rally?!

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1272373638646370304?s=21

Is Trump hiring fake black supporters for his Juneteenth+1 rally

Seems this has been going on a long time apparently with similar ad's for both parties. This is from Snopes from last November

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/craigslist-ad-seeks-trump-actors/

"It’s worth noting that the practice of “astroturfing,” or buying the appearance of grassroots support, is well-documented and not limited to one political party."

I see the tweet is from George Conway who is definitely no fan of Trump, you would have to wonder what the atmosphere is like at the end of the day in the Conway household. How him and KellyAnne's marriage is surviving is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm sure somebody already posted this but it is so funny I think it is worth repeating. It made my weekend

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1272000237809414149

Is Trump hiring fake black supporters for his Juneteenth+1 rally?!

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1272373638646370304?s=21

apparently they have sold 200,000 tickets for a venue that only only holds 20,000

apparently they have sold 200,000 tickets for a venue that only only holds 20,000

As far as I know the only ones paying are major donors to be near and maybe get a handshake. The majority of seats and the standing area are all non paying. For a rally earlier in the year you had to register and then get a reply back by text if you have been offered access, you just print your confirmation out. Although on the day they just let the people in first come first served. For nearly any rally for either party especially getting near a presidential election you would definitely have requests far exceeding capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

200k midgets I guess

• Advertisement

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    200k midgets I guess

mental midgets definitely

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement