Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Chicoso

Trump is pretty much undefeatable

Once he gets the rally's and the soapboxing going he'll get re-elected

• Registered Users Posts: 29,579 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Chicoso wrote:
    Trump is pretty much undefeatable

Before corona I was convinced he had in the bag, now, I'm not so sure, I think he's toast. Looks like infections are rapidly rising in parts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Chicoso

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Before corona I was convinced he had in the bag, now, I'm not so sure, I think he's toast. Looks like infections are rapidly rising in parts

Will it make a difference though

Unless it's catastrophic he'll talk it down

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

HDMI wrote: »
    Seems this has been going on a long time apparently with similar ad's for both parties. This is from Snopes from last November

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/craigslist-ad-seeks-trump-actors/

"It’s worth noting that the practice of “astroturfing,” or buying the appearance of grassroots support, is well-documented and not limited to one political party."

I see the tweet is from George Conway who is definitely no fan of Trump, you would have to wonder what the atmosphere is like at the end of the day in the Conway household. How him and KellyAnne's marriage is surviving is beyond me.

No, no, no. According to your article, other ads for both parties did not advertise along ethnic lines. This is a sinister new departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

HDMI wrote: »
    As far as I know the only ones paying are major donors to be near and maybe get a handshake. The majority of seats and the standing area are all non paying. For a rally earlier in the year you had to register and then get a reply back by text if you have been offered access, you just print your confirmation out. Although on the day they just let the people in first come first served. For nearly any rally for either party especially getting near a presidential election you would definitely have requests far exceeding capacity.

Getting a handshake? Ballsy move in Covid times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

No, no, no. According to your article, other ads for both parties did not advertise along ethnic lines. This is a sinister new departure.

It's an ad with the validity of a toilet door comment.

It's not a new departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Danzy wrote: »

FAKE NEWS!!

Prove it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

apparently they have sold 200,000 tickets for a venue that only only holds 20,000

They are now saying that 800,000 people registered to attend!

Friday Morning it was 200k (10X the venue capacity) , later that day they claimed it was 300k and then the following afternoon they announce it was 800k!!

For reference - The population of Tulsa is ~400k and for the whole of Oklahoma it's ~4M

So after they announce that they are 10X over subscribed apparently another 600,000 people said "I'd love to get a ticket for that!!" and applied for tickets.

And yet they are still advertising for Astroturfers....hmmm.

FAKE NEWS!!

Anonymous craigs list ad ad?

One thing Trump has visibly always had was big rally turnouts.

• Advertisement

Prove it.

I could put up an ad for the same in Daunt Square with you as contact point.

MOMENTUM!

MOMENTUM!

The Labour party street group?

Even if Trump was only on 20% nation wide , he would still pack out venues, that has never been a problem

The Labour party street group?

Even if Trump was only on 20% nation wide , he would still pack out venues, that has never been a problem

i'm just trying out posting in a Trump style.

I could put up an ad for the same in Daunt Square with you as contact point.

Daunt Square?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Yeah, I heard that he had to have people turned away from his inauguration.

i'm just trying out posting in a Trump style.

Lol fair enough.

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Yeah, I heard that he had to have people turned away from his inauguration.

Didn't hear that, he consistently packs venues though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

Hopefully he does the same now ...nicely packed together.

Could make a nice dent in numbers of people voting for him in November.

• Advertisement

weisses wrote: »
    Hopefully he does the same now ...nicely packed together.

Could make a nice dent in numbers of people voting for him in November.

Balanced out by the protesters, so maybe no material change.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

There's an actual fascist in the Oval Office and you're presumably moaning about some protestors.

As Brian? says, the Democrats have plenty of big money backers. Someone on the American right who's content with Trump's divisive politics voicing concerns about the left starting a civil war are just completely hollow IMO.
    Some protestors????? I've no problem whatsoever with peaceful protests. Peaceful protests aren't tearing the country apart.

And it’s not people on the Right partaking in violent protests that result in bodily harm, mayhem and destruction of property that often devastates minority small business owners and poor distressed areas.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

He does in fairness. In February, at a rally in New Hampshire, he claimed there were "40 to 50,000 people" at his rally. The venue has a capacity for 12,000 people. Good packing indeed.

notobtuse wrote: »
    Some protestors????? I've no problem whatsoever with peaceful protests. Peaceful protests aren't tearing the country apart.

And it’s not people on the Right partaking in violent protests that result in bodily harm, mayhem and destruction of property that often devastates minority small business owners and poor distressed areas.
    Yeah, they just drive their cars into the peaceful protesters causing significant bodily harm

notobtuse wrote: »

Yeah, they just drive their cars into the peaceful protesters causing significant bodily harm

duploelabs wrote: »
    Was that where protestors where throwing rocks, bottles and explosives at people? And please show me where was it reported the individual was from the Right?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Interesting reading, if you google Fox News Polls Trump Biden.

Yep, Trump is definitely in trouble.

Just over 4 months to go. Roll on Nov 3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Now this could be interesting....

The Daily Beast revealed on Monday that Mary Trump, the daughter of Donald Trump’s late brother Fred Trump Jr, will release Too Much and Never Enough with Simon & Schuster on 11 August.

The timing, a few weeks before this year’s Republican National Convention, means any revelations could be particularly damaging for the president. The book is expected to lay out how she was a primary source for the New York Times’ Pulitzer-winning investigation into Donald Trump’s “dubious tax schemes” during the 1990s and will share “harrowing and salacious” stories about the US president.

It will also showcase conversations between Mary Trump and Donald Trump’s sister, retired federal judge Maryanne Trump Barry, in which Trump Barry shares “intimate and damning thoughts” about her brother, claimed the website.

No doubt his family are lefty libtards out to blacken his name!!

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...d-never-enough

amdublin wrote: »
    Interesting reading, if you google Fox News Polls Trump Biden.

Yep, Trump is definitely in trouble.

Just over 4 months to go. Roll on Nov 3
    It’s a long way off until the election. Trump is now just getting into campaign mode. There is no denying democrats are experiencing a fractured party. The results from the democrat PA primary two weeks ago prove it. Pennsylvania (20 electoral votes) is a key state democrats desperately need to win as the state surprisingly went with Trump in 2016. But two weeks ago in the primary Bernie Sanders received 18.0% percent of the vote and Tulsi Gabbard received 3.2% of the vote, and both candidates dropped out of the race months prior.

Democrats and their media handmaidens don’t want to talk about this, and who can blame them? Why draw attention to the biggest elephant in the room that will potentially sink their chances. This elections it will be... “It's The Enthusiasm Stupid!” and the democrats just don’t have it.

• Advertisement

frag420 wrote: »
    Now this could be interesting....

The Daily Beast revealed on Monday that Mary Trump, the daughter of Donald Trump’s late brother Fred Trump Jr, will release Too Much and Never Enough with Simon & Schuster on 11 August.

The timing, a few weeks before this year’s Republican National Convention, means any revelations could be particularly damaging for the president. The book is expected to lay out how she was a primary source for the New York Times’ Pulitzer-winning investigation into Donald Trump’s “dubious tax schemes” during the 1990s and will share “harrowing and salacious” stories about the US president.

It will also showcase conversations between Mary Trump and Donald Trump’s sister, retired federal judge Maryanne Trump Barry, in which Trump Barry shares “intimate and damning thoughts” about her brother, claimed the website.

No doubt his family are lefty libtards out to blacken his name!!

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...d-never-enough
    Well, there it is. Game over. Version 127 of 'This revelation is sure to sink Donald Trump.'

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement