Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

notobtuse wrote: »
    It’s a long way off until the election. Trump is now just getting into campaign mode. There is no denying democrats are experiencing a fractured party. The results from the democrat PA primary two weeks ago prove it. Pennsylvania (20 electoral votes) is a key state democrats desperately need to win as the state surprisingly went with Trump in 2016. But two weeks ago in the primary Bernie Sanders received 18.0% percent of the vote and Tulsi Gabbard received 3.2% of the vote, and both candidates dropped out of the race months prior.

Democrats and their media handmaidens don’t want to talk about this, and who can blame them? Why draw attention to the biggest elephant in the room that will potentially sink their chances. This elections it will be... “It's The Enthusiasm Stupid!” and the democrats just don’t have it.

i hope he is well stocked up on adderall. it is going to be a long few months for him

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    They are now saying that 800,000 people registered to attend!

Friday Morning it was 200k (10X the venue capacity) , later that day they claimed it was 300k and then the following afternoon they announce it was 800k!!

For reference - The population of Tulsa is ~400k and for the whole of Oklahoma it's ~4M

So after they announce that they are 10X over subscribed apparently another 600,000 people said "I'd love to get a ticket for that!!" and applied for tickets.

And yet they are still advertising for Astroturfers....hmmm.
    Hope it reaches 1,000,000. Everyone knows the chances of getting a ticket are slim, but it does add more names to Trump’s legendary data program that has Democrats $hitting in their britches.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

i hope he is well stocked up on adderall. it is going to be a long few months for him
    Do try to be original in your attacks. I used that line against Biden many pages ago.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Do try to be original. I used that line against Biden many pages ago.

the difference is that trump does take adderall. Biden doesn't

the difference is that trump does take adderall. Biden doesn't
    Proof?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Well, there it is. Game over. Version 127 of 'This revelation is sure to sink Donald Trump.'

I guess we will see in a couple of months...

Proof?

nothing that would convince somebody that doesnt want to know the truth

frag420 wrote: »
    I guess we will see in a couple of months...
    Great command of the obvious.

nothing that would convince somebody that doesnt want to know the truth
    Translation... A LIE?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Translation... A LIE?

@caslernoel on twitter is very interesting reading. He worked with Trump on The Apprentice show.

Lots of info about the Adderall from him out there.

You wonder why Trump, he of the extremely Fragile Ego, doesn't respond or even sue him...oh! Maybe because there is truth in what he is saying.

• Advertisement

Hope it reaches 1,000,000. Everyone knows the chances of getting a ticket are slim, but it does add more names to Trump’s legendary data program that has Democrats $hitting in their britches.

The data program :p I just spilled my coffee laughing

amdublin wrote: »
    @caslernoel on twitter is very interesting reading. He worked with Trump on The Apprentice show.

You wonder why Trump, he of the extremely Fragile Ego, doesn't respond or even sue him...oh! Maybe because there is truth in what he is saying.

where do you think i got it from? :D He switched to adderall after he blew a hole in his nose from coke and had to get it repaired.

A claim by some Twitter guy that probably doesn't have a nickle to his name? Well, there you have it... The downfall of Trump, Version 129.

The data program :p I just spilled my coffee laughing
    LOL. I sure hope democrats also have that attitude. :)

A claim by some Twitter guy that probably doesn't have a nickle to his name? Well, there you have it... The downfall of Trump, Version 129.

somebody who spent a lot of time around trump. and why would you judge the integrity of somebody by how much money they have? Trump claims to be a billionaire and is a lying sack of ****.

somebody who spent a lot of time around trump. and why would you judge the integrity of somebody by how much money they have? Trump claims to be a billionaire and is a lying sack of ****.
    I see it went over your head. Trump wouldn't waste his time suing some inconsequential Twitter guy who has no money.

I see it went over your head. Trump wouldn't waste his time suing some inconsequential Twitter guy who has no money.

I would have thought Trump, he of his desperately fragile ego, would be more concerned about getting a cease order on what was being said.

...if it was untrue

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Overheal wrote: »
    Is Trump hiring fake black supporters for his Juneteenth+1 rally?!

https://twitter.com/gtconway3d/status/1272373638646370304?s=21

I'd be skeptical about this. Anyone could have posted it.

It could well be real and would certainly be very on-brand but the ad alone only proves that someone submitted it. Without knowing who's behind the ad, we can't really draw any conclusions from it.

It would surely not be about money but about maintaining your good name. He never tends to sue because it would result in things like medical records being used in court cases...

It would surely not be about money but about maintaining your good name. He never tends to sue because it would result in things like medical records being used in court cases...
    Perhaps use some common sense... How many times has Trump been sued and how many lawsuits has Trump filed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,457 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Because when he sues he opens himself up to discovery

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Some protestors????? I've no problem whatsoever with peaceful protests. Peaceful protests aren't tearing the country apart.

And it’s not people on the Right partaking in violent protests that result in bodily harm, mayhem and destruction of property that often devastates minority small business owners and poor distressed areas.

You have plenty of problems with peaceful protests. You’ve condemned them repeatedly.

The only protests you approve of are the right wing ones.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    You have plenty of problems with peaceful protests. You’ve condemned them repeatedly.

The only protests you approve of are the right wing ones.
    Please show me where I've condemned peaceful protests repeatedly, or even once, for that matter. Otherwise how about considering a retraction.

Looks like firing LGBTQ people is unconstitutional which is likely to make the recent reversals by the Trump administration unconstitutional. Do love the fact that Gorsuch delivered the majority view.

https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1272529802004742144?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

Either Trump wins or it is civil war.

Or if not civil war a lot of shouting on the internet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Please show me where I've condemned peaceful protests repeatedly, or even once, for that matter. Otherwise how about considering a retraction.

You’ve condemned every BLM protest over the last couple of weeks.

You think they’re all violent, so you don’t think you’re condemning peaceful protests.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭FVP3

It’s a long way off until the election. Trump is now just getting into campaign mode. There is no denying democrats are experiencing a fractured party. The results from the democrat PA primary two weeks ago prove it. Pennsylvania (20 electoral votes) is a key state democrats desperately need to win as the state surprisingly went with Trump in 2016. But two weeks ago in the primary Bernie Sanders received 18.0% percent of the vote and Tulsi Gabbard received 3.2% of the vote, and both candidates dropped out of the race months prior.

Democrats and their media handmaidens don’t want to talk about this, and who can blame them? Why draw attention to the biggest elephant in the room that will potentially sink their chances. This elections it will be... “It's The Enthusiasm Stupid!” and the democrats just don’t have it.

Delighted that Tulsi Gabbard is still getting something. It is telling that the one anti-war candidate is so little pushed despite what the advantages she should have, a POC, a WOC and not threatening to centrists as she is centrist and ex-military.

But totally ignored.

Brian? wrote: »
    You’ve condemned every BLM protest over the last couple of weeks.

You think they’re all violent, so you don’t think you’re condemning peaceful protests.
    If you bother to actually look before spouting nonsense, you will see I've only condemned the protestors committing violence, mayhem and destruction of property. But let's see some proof to the contrary or how about a retraction?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,560 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Some protestors????? I've no problem whatsoever with peaceful protests. Peaceful protests aren't tearing the country apart.

And it’s not people on the Right partaking in violent protests that result in bodily harm, mayhem and destruction of property that often devastates minority small business owners and poor distressed areas.

Have you not ever heard of Heather Heyer?

• Advertisement

FVP3 wrote: »
    Delighted that Tulsi Gabbard is still getting something. It is telling that the one anti-war candidate is so little pushed despite what the advantages she should have, a POC, a WOC and not threatening to centrists as she is centrist and ex-military.

But totally ignored.
    Out of all the democrat candidates who ran for president I respected Gabbard the most, even though I disagreed with many of her positions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement