Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,560 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

notobtuse wrote: »
    Out of all the democrat candidates who ran for president I respected Gabbard the most, even though I disagreed with many of her positions.

Gabbard is just another convenient tool for oligarchs. A proud member of ALEC.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Overheal wrote: »
    Gabbard is just another convenient tool for oligarchs. A proud member of ALEC.

ALEC?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

FVP3 wrote: »
    Delighted that Tulsi Gabbard is still getting something. It is telling that the one anti-war candidate is so little pushed despite what the advantages she should have, a POC, a WOC and not threatening to centrists as she is centrist and ex-military.

But totally ignored.

Gabbard anti war..

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/649615636088365058

https://twitter.com/tulsigabbard/status/679066440708718592

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

If you bother to actually look before spouting nonsense, you will see I've only condemned the protestors committing violence, mayhem and destruction of property. But let's see some proof to the contrary or how about a retraction?

You repeatedly claimed that the protesters moved for the church walk were violent. With zero proof.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Brian? wrote: »
    You repeatedly claimed that the protesters moved for the church walk were violent. With zero proof.
    Again, please show me where I did that!

It is true the protestors were removed in reaction to protestors launching fireworks toward authorities at Lafayette Square... so there was violence/mayhem involved. It was quelled before any more violence/mayhem could take place, and the situation getting out of hand.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

ALEC?

A literal oligarchy organization that writes laws for congress to rubber stamp at their behest and leveraging. It is traditionally made up of big companies like Walmart and Aramark etc. and has both republican and Democrat members. Since being called out in the media the group has splintered a little but out in the smoke these groups still fundamentally operate to hand lawmakers bills they didn’t write to pass off as their own. Such bills unsurprisingly favor the profit margins of its members.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

Again, please show me where I did that!

It is true the protestors were removed in reaction to protestors launching fireworks toward authorities at Lafayette Square... so there was violence/mayhem involved. It was quelled before any more violence/mayhem could take place, and the situation getting out of hand.

Can always trust you to defend the indefensible, keep it up, its entertaining

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,980 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Some protestors????? I've no problem whatsoever with peaceful protests. Peaceful protests aren't tearing the country apart.

And it’s not people on the Right partaking in violent protests that result in bodily harm, mayhem and destruction of property that often devastates minority small business owners and poor distressed areas.

Yes, it is and I think you know that. Take Charlottesville for just one example.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Speaking of vehicular manslaughter there have been 19 cases of cars running into protesters since the death of george Floyd.

• Advertisement

Yes, it is and I think you know that. Take Charlottesville for just one example.
    Yes that was a tragedy committed by one very disturbed individual almost three years ago. So you equate that ONE circumstance by one individual to the many deaths and destruction caused in cities all across the US recently by thousands of violent protestors? Maybe you can find one or two more in order to bring up the ratio to three on the Right against probably thousands of violent protestors on the Left.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

I'd be skeptical about this. Anyone could have posted it.

It could well be real and would certainly be very on-brand but the ad alone only proves that someone submitted it. Without knowing who's behind the ad, we can't really draw any conclusions from it.

I'd be skeptical that he DOESN'T do it, he has form for doing crap like this, not least the very first time he came down the escalator in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Mumha wrote: »
    I'd be skeptical that he DOESN'T do it, he has form for doing crap like this, not least the very first time he came down the escalator in 2015.

Absolutely. Faking is a huge part of his shtick. It's just that this ad could have come from anyone.

Priceless

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It’s a long way off until the election. Trump is now just getting into campaign mode. There is no denying democrats are experiencing a fractured party. The results from the democrat PA primary two weeks ago prove it. Pennsylvania (20 electoral votes) is a key state democrats desperately need to win as the state surprisingly went with Trump in 2016. But two weeks ago in the primary Bernie Sanders received 18.0% percent of the vote and Tulsi Gabbard received 3.2% of the vote, and both candidates dropped out of the race months prior.

Democrats and their media handmaidens don’t want to talk about this, and who can blame them? Why draw attention to the biggest elephant in the room that will potentially sink their chances. This elections it will be... “It's The Enthusiasm Stupid!” and the democrats just don’t have it.

You know that they had mail-in/absentee voting for Pennsylvania right?

And that the original date for the Election was April 28th and that mail-in ballots can be sent up to 50 days early?

Or that the Governor changed the dates on March 28th , allowing everyone to mail-in ballots and that Sanders and Gabbard didn't step down from the race until April 9th?

So - How many of the votes cast were Mail-in , sent before April 9th?

If you're trying to portray this as some kind of wild "protest vote" in Pennsylvania , some context would be useful.

Mumha wrote: »

Hey maybe he chose the escalator because of health issues

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    You know that they had mail-in/absentee voting for Pennsylvania right?

And that the original date for the Election was April 28th and that mail-in ballots can be sent up to 50 days early?

Or that the Governor changed the dates on March 28th , allowing everyone to mail-in ballots and that Sanders and Gabbard didn't step down from the race until April 9th?

So - How many of the votes cast were Mail-in , sent before April 9th?

If you're trying to portray this as some kind of wild "protest vote" in Pennsylvania , some context would be useful.
    I don't know that. But from what I have just read the results I noted didn't seem to include any mail-in votes.

I don't know that.

Imagine that.

I don't know that. But from what I have just read the results I noted didn't seem to include any mail-in votes.
    Now did a little research on the matter because Quin_Dub did bring up an interesting point. Nobody has reported on the number of mail-in ballots that were cast before Sanders dropped out. But this appears to be the main reason Sanders got so many votes in PA...
    Although Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) ended his presidential campaign on April 8, he remained on the ballot to gather delegates in hopes of influencing the Democratic Party platform. Sanders needed to receive at least 15% of the vote in order to receive any delegate votes.

I don't believe any of those Sanders voters will be voting for Trump in the general election, but I gather quite a few will be staying home and not voting out of protest if Sanders doesn't get his way at the convention.

• Advertisement

What does that have to do with anything? You have to help me out, I can't play the video.

Imagine it must be aggravating for Trump that his own pick for SCOTUS penned the affirming 6-3 decision outlawing discrimination of LGBTQ in the workplace.

I wonder how many hobby lobby employees will be coming out

What does that have to do with anything? You have to help me out, I can't play the video.

Don’t worry it plays for the rest of the electorate just fine

of course you cant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

WaterGait isn't going well for trump

It would have gone away in a day but his delicate ego couldn't resist bringing it up again.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

It would have gone away in a day but his delicate ego couldn't resist bringing it up again.

A classic example of the Streisand Effect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Not a more Trumpian reply will you ever hear said on this thread again...bravo Notobtuse, that was more Trump than Trump!!

Now did a little research on the matter because Quin_Dub did bring up an interesting point. Nobody has reported on the number of mail-in ballots that were cast before Sanders dropped out. But this appears to be the main reason Sanders got so many votes in PA...

I don't believe any of those Sanders voters will be voting for Trump in the general election, but I gather quite a few will be staying home and not voting out of protest if Sanders doesn't get his way at the convention.

I really don't think that the "Bernie Bros" are going to be all that consequential this time around.

Biden isn't Hilary Clinton for a start , and there really isn't the same sense of outrage etc. from Sanders supporters this time around , by and large they feel that Sanders was beaten fair and square for the most part.

And , far more significantly there is Donald J Trump himself - The ABT (Anyone but Trump) feeling is infinitely stronger among Democrats than the "Biden isn't our Guy" emotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Why can't you play a video that plays for everyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Here, let me help you out a bit...this should defo work!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement