Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,549 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You didn’t include troubleshooting instructions oh dear. Next he will complain he needs to update his flash player (nobody tell him)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

notobtuse wrote: »
    You're right there aren't any statues of Rommel in Europe. They've made an attempt to erase history with an out of sight out of mind attitude.

That's absolute garbage. The second world war, the holocaust and soviet occupation are very much widely taught over here through education systems and widely attended free museums. Go for a long weekend to Berlin when things open up and tell me how they're attempting to erase history.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Overheal wrote: »
    You didn’t include troubleshooting instructions oh dear. Next he will complain he needs to update his flash player (nobody tell him)

Imagine studying journalism in college and end up in a job making videos like that to earn a living.

Imagine studying journalism in college and end up in a job making videos like that to earn a living.

Works out alarmingly well. A great many YouTube channels are millionaires, like Logan Paul who has made over $14.5M off of views. More than that would easily eke a living out of revenues exceeding the minimum wage, often significantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

I have to correct myself, somewhat. There is a monument to Rommel in his hometown and praises him as “chivalrous,” “brave” and a “victim of tyranny.” Also, his name still graces two military bases, and several streets in Germany are named after him.
    During the height of Rommel’s success in North Africa, British Prime Minister Winston Churchill sang his praises before the House of Commons. “We have a very daring and skillful opponent against us,” Churchill declared, “and, may I say across the havoc of war, a great general.” George Patton, Bernard Montgomery and other top Allied generals likewise expressed their respect for him, and Rommel responded in kind, saying of Patton that “we saw the most astonishing achievement in mobile warfare,” and that “Montgomery never made a serious strategic mistake.”

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

That's absolute garbage. The second world war, the holocaust and soviet occupation are very much widely taught over here through education systems and widely attended free museums. Go for a long weekend to Berlin when things open up and tell me how they're attempting to erase history.
    I disagree. Germany believes a mix of education, and the limiting of free speech, is the only way to ensure their dark past would remain the past.

We here believe in the freedom of speech, even vile, racist speech, as it is an inviolate part of the US Constitution’s First Amendment. We constantly argue about the protections of free speech between ourselves, and the vast majority condemn vile and racist speech. That is how we ensure that our dark past will remain past.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Overheal wrote: »
    Works out alarmingly well. A great many YouTube channels are millionaires, like Logan Paul who has made over $14.5M off of views. More than that would easily eke a living out of revenues exceeding the minimum wage, often significantly.

Works out well for Logan Paul maybe. Doubtful the guy that makes the man drinking water video gets the same pay cheque

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

My thoughts are... I DIDN'T SEE IT!

This is exactly what I'd expect a Trump supporter to say, because it's the type of thing he himself says

"well I wouldn't know about that"
    "well I didn't see that"
    "well I didn't hear that"
    "I didn't say that" ...eh you did, the reporter is literally reading your direct quote

Anyhoo. I see someone has posted the video of him drinking the water (in a very worryingly odd manner it must be said).

So you've seen it now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

amdublin wrote: »
    This is exactly what I'd expect a Trump supporter to say, because it's the type of thing he himself says

"well I didn't see that"
    "I didn't say that" ...eh you did, the reporter is literally reading your direct quote

Anyhoo. I see someone has posted the video of him drinking the water (in a very worryingly odd manner it must be said).

So you've seen it now

Seems to be ignoring it, if it was Biden we would be hearing accusations of dementia or parkinsons or whatever other disease that took their fancy.

amdublin wrote: »

"well I didn't see that"

So you've seen it now
    I heard and seen plenty of what trump does, says and Tweets. So the one time I can't watch a video it's the end of the world?

And I see there is a major $hitstorm going on over how he sometimes drinks a glass of water. IMPEACH!!!!! Do you people not realize how ludicrous you sometimes come off as?

• Advertisement

I heard and seen plenty of what trump does, says and Tweets. So the one time I can't watch a video it's the end of the world?

I have posted them, youtube links, maybe feed the hamster and watch them then let us know what you think is wrong with him please.

In fact here you go again

And I see there is a major $hitstorm going on over how he sometimes drinks a glass of water. IMPEACH!!!!! Do you people not realize how ludicrous you sometimes come off as?

If it was Biden what would your thoughts be?

I have posted them, youtube links, maybe feed the hamster and watch them then let us know what you think is wrong with him please.

In fact here you go again

Remind me again on Friday. Next three out of four days I'm going from 5:30 am to 11:30 pm between two jobs. The one day I'm only working about 10 hours I'll be crashing early.

If it was Biden what would your thoughts be?
    I guess I'D HAVE TO SEE IT! :rolleyes:

Remind me again on Friday. Next three out of four days I'm going from 5:30 am to 11:30 pm between two jobs. The one day I'm only working about 10 hours I'll be crashing early.

LOL, So you can't answer now?

I guess I'D HAVE TO SEE IT! :rolleyes:

I have posted the videos, a total of 1 minute 15 seconds of your life!

LOL, So you can't answer now?
    Correct.

I have posted the videos, a total of 1 minute 15 seconds of your life!
    HOW CAN I MAKE IT ANY CLEARER... FOR WHAT, THE FOURTH TIME, NOW... MY COMPUTER DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO WATCH THE VIDEOS.

Correct.

I posted them.10 minutes ago, you could have watched them.5 times with a minute to spare, why are you dodging?

HOW CAN I MAKE IT ANY CLEARER... FOR WHAT THE FOURTH TIME... MY COMPUTER DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO WATCH THE VIDEOS.

Not even youtube? How is it you can watch/post video content when it suits you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

HOW CAN I MAKE IT ANY CLEARER... FOR WHAT, THE FOURTH TIME, NOW... MY COMPUTER DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO WATCH THE VIDEOS.
    lol :)

Wanna support genocide?Cheer on the murder of women and children?The Ruzzians aren't rapey enough for you? Morally bankrupt cockroaches and islamaphobes , Israel needs your help NOW!!

http://tinyurl.com/2ksb4ejk

https://www.btselem.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Liberal media not even trying to hide their nauseating bias at this stage:

https://twitter.com/Heminator/status/1272356179403059207

Works out well for Logan Paul maybe. Doubtful the guy that makes the man drinking water video gets the same pay cheque

Purely determined by views. They will net thousands for minimal effort.

Ah now come the bombastic deflections. “Ah you want to impeach him for a disability”

No we don’t want to vote for him with an obvious disability. At any moment we don’t know if he’s going to be 25A’d because he has to go to Walter Reed for a condition the public has a reasonable right to know about.

The exact same chickens sent flying when Hillary fainted at a 9/11 ceremony have come home to roost.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,768 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Good man Lindsey. Ad to run on Fox News.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Wow! It's a pity Notobtuse won't be able to watch that.

Not even youtube? How is it you can watch/post video content when it suits you :pac:
    No, just not from the computer I'm currently on. Other computers or my cellphone, then yes, but I am not able to utilize them right now.

Christ almighty this is pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,949 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I actually used to like him back before the age of madness and kowtowing, he seemed pretty witty and self deprecating in interviews which was rare in an American politician.

• Advertisement

Liberal media not even trying to hide their nauseating bias at this stage:

https://twitter.com/Heminator/status/1272356179403059207

Should they not report what health experts are saying? They’ve already published news from health experts doomsaying about protesting. You couldn’t watch coverage on tv without hearing about the virus. What’s unfair in the reporting here?

“ CORONAVIRUS
    Global coronavirus death toll tops 400,000 as protesters continue to defy lockdowns” was the headline just last week from NBC. Your cherry-picking to imply an agenda is cute but invalid

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement