Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,549 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Anyway ignoring the upset posters above. The Donald has praised how we have vaccines for everything including AIDs.

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1272933012657725441

Well you can tell when he’s off script. At least he tried to clarify his remarks for a change

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Overheal wrote: »
    Well you can tell when he’s off script. At least he tried to clarify his remarks for a change

True. The funny thing about this sort of thing is that if Biden said that, the Trump-loving media would be playing the clip on repeat as proof of Biden being unfit to occupy office. But this will be like everything else - just a slip of the tongue, and Donald is our God.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smartz

Pretty incredible polls from battleground states today. One has Biden up by 16 points in Michigan, another has him +11 in Florida. Also a separate polling company has Biden up 2 in Georgia, meaning Trump will probably have to redirect funds from the rust belt states to shore up previously solid red states.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/executive-order-safe-policing-safe-communities/

Some half measures in the order that once spoken enough will be defunded out of oblivion in less than a year, swept under the “states have to enforce this” line.

Oddest bit was banning chokeholds - which were already banned most everywhere - yet an exception is included for where chokeholds are not banned. So, it effectively says “chokeholds are banned except in cases where they are not banned” arguably it’s banning chokeholds in all but deadly force situations, where a gun should already be firing, but it reads awfully tepid

It reads

“... The Attorney General’s standards for certification shall require independent credentialing bodies to, at a minimum, confirm that:

(i) the State or local law enforcement agency’s use-of-force policies adhere to all applicable Federal, State, and local laws; and

(ii) the State or local law enforcement agency’s use-of-force policies prohibit the use of chokeholds — a physical maneuver that restricts an individual’s ability to breathe for the purposes of incapacitation — except in those situations where the use of deadly force is allowed by law.”

Sure enough AIDS is the top trend on Twitter

• Advertisement

2u2me wrote: »
    He's said many times he's over 60 and not so hot with technology. Did you conveniently miss those posts?

No I must have missed them with my own selective ignorance filter.

Everyone saw his mealy attempts to gaslight his trolling effort. He’s out of the thread for the better.
    I'm sure if he put everything in a nice quote you couldn't attack him like this, but I've never seen him use the quote function that isn't enabled by clicking 'quote' on someone elses posts. (do you know what I mean?)

Post #92 ITT, if I remembered the number right. Linking to Washington post. Pull another.
    It seems he took the time to retype it out and reword it to some extent. Insanely trivial accusation.

“Trivial accusation” that is categorically known as plagiarism.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I missed that but what's the reason you are talking about it?

Because he’s the president of the United States and he obviously is not in perfect health despite his fraudulent disclosures to the contrary

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Overheal wrote: »
    Sure enough AIDS is the top trend on Twitter

its not generally known that Donald Trump actually invented AIDS to keep minorities down.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I missed that but what's the reason you are talking about it?

Its the video of Trump that the poster in question suddenly couldn't watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

smartz wrote: »
    Pretty incredible polls from battleground states today. One has Biden up by 16 points in Michigan, another has him +11 in Florida. Also a separate polling company has Biden up 2 in Georgia, meaning Trump will probably have to redirect funds from the rust belt states to shore up previously solid red states.

These are subject to change but they're not a good sign for Trump at all. I'm sure he'll pivot to a more presidential style any day now to fix it.

I await the predictable, ilinformed nonsense about the polls being all wrong in 2016.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Mod: Back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,584 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Overheal wrote:
    Because he’s the president of the United States and he obviously is not in perfect health despite his fraudulent disclosures to the contrary
    He do you make out he is not in perfect health?

How do you not?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭smartz

These are subject to change but they're not a good sign for Trump at all. I'm sure he'll pivot to a more presidential style any day now to fix it.

I await the predictable, ilinformed nonsense about the polls being all wrong in 2016.

Yeah, i don't expect the final margin to be anywhere near as wide as they are now, but it just shows that Biden has multiple routes to victory where Trump's are closing fast.
    One notable feature is that Biden is the first candidate since the 2012 to show net favorable ratings (something neither Clinton or Trump ever did), a very rare thing in the divisive politics of this century.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Watch him try to drink a glass of water and tell me he looks healthy to you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

As Trumps core supporters don't care what he promises or delivers, they don't need much to keep them happy. But what about those undecided voters and those who came over to his/the republican side last time because they couldn't vote for Hillary Clinton. What can Trump point to/offer?

Overheal wrote:
    How do you not?
    There's nothing there to suggest he is in bad health.

Watch him try to drink a glass of water and tell me he looks healthy to you
    What can you tell from that? Wet glass, awkward to hold would be my first guess

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

While the talk of Trump's health can be overblown, thousands of us used to lift wet heavy glasses to our mouths regularly before the lockdown. To be fair to him, an elbow injury could restrict movement like that.

And to be just as fair, as arse that size isn't indicative of good health. That wouldn't be as much of a talking point if he didn't have a habit of outlandish claims regarding his health.

There's nothing there to suggest he is in bad health.

Shifting goalposts now from perfect health to bad health.

He is not in perfect health and clearly has some ailments going on, even if it’s just bone spurs and arthritis and teleprompter tongue. But none of those explain his Walter Reed hospital “tour”

• Advertisement

Ha. Ha.

The glass is already in his right hand, firmly secured, leant on his mouth, when the left hand comes up to provide the lifting/torquing.

“Wet!” HA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭2u2me

To be fair to him, an elbow injury could restrict movement like that.

My guess is shoulder. I remember doing something similar before mine is always bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭ollkiller

As Trumps core supporters don't care what he promises or delivers, they don't need much to keep them happy. But what about those undecided voters and those who came over to his/the republican side last time because they couldn't vote for Hillary Clinton. What can Trump point to/offer?

This is it in a nutshell. If Trump keeps going on like this till November the numbers won't stack up for him. Own goal after own goal giving the undecided voter an easy choice and his base isn't enough to get him 're elected. Biden is liked by a lot of American people who will give him a shot at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭ollkiller

2u2me wrote: »
    My guess is shoulder. I remember doing something similar before mine is always bad.

I'm no fan of Trump but I take nothing from that video. As pointed out could be a shoulder or elbow injury. There's way more important things to take Trump to task for than drinking a sip of water.

Overheal wrote:
    The glass is already in his right hand, firmly secured, leant on his mouth, when the left hand comes up to provide the lifting/torquing.
    You are off your rocker I think.

ollkiller wrote:
    I'm no fan of Trump but I take nothing from that video. As pointed out could be a shoulder or elbow injury. There's way more important things to take Trump to task for than drinking a sip of water.
    Well said.

Overheal wrote:
    Shifting goalposts now from perfect health to bad health.
    What's the shifting goalposts comment regarding?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

smartz wrote: »

Polls are weird, not sure any Trump supporter would answer the question about who they would vote for fear of being shamed.

Remember this a few weeks ago.. "You've got more questions?" Biden replied. "Well I tell you what, if you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."

So how do you think a black person would answer who they are voting for, there is a real stigma and a lot of shaming for acknowledging that you will vote for Trump.

Biden's choice for vp will be critical, blm warned him not to choose Val Demmings from Florida who is an ex cop. Kamala Harris has issues from her time as a district attorney in California. Stacey Abrahms is another with no real political history other than losing in Georgia. Amy Klobuchar has a George Floyd problem, Elizabeth Warren..... enough said. I really think Biden's camp shafted themselves by saying way in advance that he would choose a woman as vp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

ollkiller wrote: »
    This is it in a nutshell. If Trump keeps going on like this till November the numbers won't stack up for him. Own goal after own goal giving the undecided voter an easy choice and his base isn't enough to get him 're elected. Biden is liked by a lot of American people who will give him a shot at it.

I can't see how he gets re-elected based on Trump being Trump. He just can't help being his polarising self. The posts about his health, mental capacity etc are kind of pointless at the moment as there's literally nothing positive you can say about him. I'm at a loss to see how anyone other than his core can see anything positive in his administration. Are there anyone posters here who can point to something tangible, impactful and potentially long lasting Trump's administration has actually delivered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

I can't see how he gets re-elected based on Trump being Trump. He just can't help being his polarising self.

Trump maybe polarising to some but the whole Democratic party has an identity issue and it doesn't stop by just electing Biden.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement