Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

osarusan wrote: »
    I don't agree with that. I think he's communicating with one part of his base, but not with another, larger, part of his base.

I wouldn't agree at all that the bulk of his supporters are happy to see Nazi symbols in his messages.

It’s pretty simple. If you’re “in the know” it’s a nice wink and a nod. But the Trump campaign will paint it as another attack from the mainstream and social media companies; “they see Nazis everywhere”.

It works nicely for white supremacists and ordinary Trump supporters.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

CNN clapped back at Trump for his fake news tweet

https://twitter.com/cnnpr/status/1273811991031840770?s=21

This one doesn’t have a manipulated-media warning on it but it may yet for its defamatory depictions of CNN

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1273799790350884864?s=21

Also incredible when you think about it. Yes I’m sure BBQ Betty was just misunderstood, you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Overheal wrote: »

Wonder did he type that message from his bunker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭one world order

MAGA rallies are back :) Looking forward to them. 100,000 expected in Tulsa tomorrow, over a million wanted tickets and they are currently queing up already. Fake dishonest mainstream media aside, there is no-one else in America that is as popular as Trump. Wish we had a real leader :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

MAGA rallies are back :) Looking forward to them. 100,000 expected in Tulsa tomorrow, over a million wanted tickets and they are currently queing up already. Fake dishonest mainstream media aside, there is no-one else in America that is as popular as Trump. Wish we had a real leader :(

I'm sure the poor doctors and nurses that are going to have to deal with the COVID19 cases in 2/3 weeks time are delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Anyone attending that in the middle of a pandemic is a selfish imbecile, like their dear "leader".

I'm sure the poor doctors and nurses that are going to have to deal with the COVID19 cases in 2/3 weeks time are delighted.

I'm sure the fake MSM were just saying the exact same thing the last few weeks when the antifia and BLM protesters were setting fire to the democratic run cities in America.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

That bit in bold isn't really credible, now is it?

Assuming for a moment that you believe it, would you be able to give me some idea of how you arrived at that conclusion?

• Advertisement

I'm sure the fake MSM were just saying the exact same thing the last few weeks when the antifia and BLM protesters were setting fire to the democratic run cities in America.

They were. I'm not sure how you missed it.

But actually:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/01/health/protests-coronavirus-spread-concerns/index.html

That bit in bold isn't really credible, now is it?

Assuming for a moment that you believe it, would you be able to give me some idea of how you arrived at that conclusion?

Tune in tomorrow, it will give you a slight insight to how popular he is among the average American.

Tune in tomorrow, it will give you a slight insight to how popular he is among the average American.

We saw his inauguration. We already know how popular he actually is. There’s a reason he picked a venue with max capacity of a mere 20k (edit: actually 19k). The college stadium down the road from me seats 102k.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,455 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'm sure the vote in November will be a much better metric

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭HDMI

Igotadose wrote: »
    It is a good campaign move for Trump - he's communicating with his base. If you support Trump, you're all in on the Nazi symbolism, have been so since 2016 (if not earlier.)

My wife's family are mostly conservative and I have never seen anyone show any interest in Nazi's or their symbols. They are all strong Trump supporters, our church conservative group is a mixture of all colors/races again no Nazi symbols no words of support towards that ideology and are Trump supporters. So how can you paint a whole group as been all in on Nazi symbolism?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,455 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

HDMI wrote: »
    My wife's family are mostly conservative and I have never seen anyone show any interest in Nazi's or their symbols. They are all strong Trump supporters, our church conservative group is a mixture of all colors/races again no Nazi symbols no words of support towards that ideology and are Trump supporters. So how can you paint a whole group as been all in on Nazi symbolism?

Whilst not all Trump supporters are Nazis, but I guarantee you all Nazis are Trump supporters. That is what is meant, do you understand the difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

This will result in a COVID resurge and thousands of thousands more deaths.

How can any right minded person get behind the parasite that is Trump. The guy is actually getting worse by the year. Beyond idiotic.

The Covid numbers the last few days coming out of the states are not good and the fallout from these rallies may well seal Trumps fate.

While it would be easy for me to point at various polls determining the most popular person in America and Trump's position on these lists, I'll simplify things for you.

All you need to do is show how he is more popular than Betty White. That's just one person. It should be easy enough, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Yup, one bunch of idiots doing it means another bunch of idiots should be able to do it, great thinking batman :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

duploelabs wrote: »
    Whilst not all Trump supporters are Nazis, but I guarantee you all Nazis are Trump supporters. That is what is meant, do you understand the difference?

Yes I understand the difference but that is not what was said.

"If you support Trump, you're all in on the Nazi symbolism, have been so since 2016"

Thats a broad statement which targets all conservatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

While it would be easy for me to point at various polls determining the most popular person in America and Trump's position on these lists, I'll simplify things for you.

All you need to do is show how he is more popular than Betty White. That's just one person. It should be easy enough, right?

that is hardly fair. nobody is more popular than Betty White

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭kyote00

You are complicit
    Yes I understand the difference but that is not what was said.

"If you support Trump, you're all in on the Nazi symbolism, have been so since 2016"

Thats a broad statement which targets all conservatives.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

No one is saying all Trump supporters are Nazis or even Nazi sympathisers.

The use of a Nazi symbol will be dismissed by most Trump supporters as a made up scandal by the Media and Democrats. Some Trump supporters are delighted though, they got the message loud and clear.

This is exactly why they did it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

kyote00 wrote: »
    You are complicit

In what?

Brian? wrote: »
    No one is saying all Trump supporters are Nazis or even Nazi sympathisers.

The use of a Nazi symbol will be dismissed by most Trump supporters as a made up scandal by the Media and Democrats. Some Trump supporters are delighted though, they got the message loud and clear.

This is exactly why they did it.

Here's one that's saying it and not the first.

I don't support the use of the symbol nor do my family, and we definitely don't dismiss it.

"The use of a Nazi symbol will be dismissed by most Trump supporters as a made up scandal by the Media and Democrats. Some Trump supporters are delighted though, they got the message loud and clear."

Again another broad statement that "most" conservatives will dismiss it, they read the news also. It was all over the web so it would be hard to say it's made up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Here's one that's saying it and not the first.

I don't support the use of the symbol nor do my family, and we definitely don't dismiss it.

"The use of a Nazi symbol will be dismissed by most Trump supporters as a made up scandal by the Media and Democrats. Some Trump supporters are delighted though, they got the message loud and clear."

Again another broad statement that "most" conservatives will dismiss it, they read the news also. It was all over the web so it would be hard to say it's made up.
    Trumps diehards dont believe the web or news unless its from the Don himself.

But naturally you will deny again.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Trumps diehards dont believe the web or news unless its from the Don himself.

But naturally you will deny again.

I didn't deny anything.

that is hardly fair. nobody is more popular than Betty White

Funnily enough, I had to go down to the 900s to find Trump at 39% popularity. I was surprised to find Melania in the 7 or 8 hundreds. Still, Trump was more popular than Bill Cosby so, well, that's something, I guess.

• Advertisement

kyote00 wrote: »
    You are complicit

Complicit might be a bit of a strong word. It would be more fair to say that they don't really mind the nazi stuff enough to be put off by it. They'd rather he didn't do it but they still want him to be in a position where he will still do it. Oh, wait...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement