Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Another idiotic Trump tweet, seems to think that100,000 people crammed into a small space cheering you during a pandemic is a measure of popularity.

Doesn't realise it's actually a measure of stupidity.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1274080589310824450?s=19

Love this reply

https://twitter.com/BidenWarRoom/status/1274080678926340098?s=20

A pretty apt description

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

duploelabs wrote: »
    Whilst not all Trump supporters are Nazis, but I guarantee you all Nazis are Trump supporters. That is what is meant, do you understand the difference?

This Nazi thing is just insufferable at this stage and bordering on offensive to the Jewish community.

This Nazi thing is just insufferable at this stage and bordering on offensive to the Jewish community.

They used a Nazi symbol. That's pretty offensive towards Jewish people. Discussing how absolutely disgusting it is to do that, is not offensive...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,540 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Another idiotic Trump tweet, seems to think that100,000 people crammed into a small space cheering you during a pandemic is a measure of popularity.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1274080589310824450?s=19

Love this reply

https://twitter.com/BidenWarRoom/status/1274080678926340098?s=20

https://twitter.com/bidenwarroom/status/1274082059280093186?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Insufferable? Like the amount of times the dog whistle has been blown by him and his closest, yet the bobblehead army are totally immune to seeing what he and his closest are at..
    Yeah, very much insufferable.

They used a Nazi symbol. That's pretty offensive towards Jewish people. Discussing how absolutely disgusting it is to do that, is not offensive...

Of course. But they represent a tiny minority of Americans that have always been there well before Trump.

Insufferable? Like the amount of times the dog whistle has been blown by him and his closest, yet the bobblehead army are totally immune to seeing what he and his closest are at..
    Yeah, very much insufferable.

But why always jump to a Nazi comparison? It just screams exaggeration and dramatic over reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

But why always jump to a Nazi comparison? It just screams exaggeration and dramatic over reaction.

I think the 'Nazi' slur gets thrown around far too easily around here, but in this case...we are talking about what was literally a Nazi symbol.

I cannot fathom how whoever came up with the idea thought it was appropriate or clever. Apart from the minority you mentioned who will welcome it, it will just alienate a significant cohort of voters.

I wonder what the Jewish lobby will make of it.

• Advertisement

Of course. But they represent a tiny minority of Americans that have always been there well before Trump.

But it's his campaign that is using the Nazi symbols, it's not his supporters. So it's very relevant. And when caught out, they say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I'm not one for jumping on his every move, your comment though needs jumping on.. it's plain as day who that retard is looking to excite, even excusing the symbol the excuse they've used to excuse it, it's so laughable it's not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,455 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

88 posts?
    14 words in the first line?
    There is absolutely no coincidence.
    If non-nazi people can spot it, the far right definitely can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Yeah, tha ADL said something similar. I do wish he'd tone it down a bit.

duploelabs wrote: »
    88 posts?
    14 words in the first line?
    There is absolutely no coincidence.
    If non-nazi people can spot it, the far right definitely can.

Fact alone is it’s widely observed at this stage, too. So, domestic terrorists, hate groups, etc. have heard the call. You’d be hard pressed to say they won’t be there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

It's generally easy to avoid nazi stuff in a professional environment. There's no reason why a president should be accidentally doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah they've always been there but no previous President has used ads to appeal to them.

CORRECTION: per my last post, the AG only learned about this in the last few minutes like everyone else, and he is currently -refusing- to resign

“I learned in a press release from the Attorney General tonight that I was ‘stepping down’ as United States Attorney. I have not resigned, and have no intention of resigning, my position, to which I was appointed by the Judges of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York,” Berman said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-administration-replaces-manhattan-us-attorney/2020/06/19/acae9348-b298-11ea-8758-bfd1d045525a_story.html

I suppose Trump thought 11PM on a Friday would slide under the radar but the SDNY is too big of a deal. Provided a new President is sworn in next January the AG all but absolutely certain has criminal indictments waiting for Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

+33,539 Cases of coronavirus in USA yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,769 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Its offensive to those wanting to use their beloved Nazi symbols I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Think he managed to get everything I dislike about his way of doing things into one tweet!

He surely can not get relected at this stage. I get that people like to stick by their guy but hopefully when they go into the booth they will just vote him out. He's a disgrace.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1274006223013249026

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

osarusan wrote: »
    I think the 'Nazi' slur gets thrown around far too easily around here, but in this case...we are talking about what was literally a Nazi symbol.

I cannot fathom how whoever came up with the idea thought it was appropriate or clever. Apart from the minority you mentioned who will welcome it, it will just alienate a significant cohort of voters.

I wonder what the Jewish lobby will make of it.

I wonder what his son-in-law Jared Kushner will make of it. His grandparents were Holocaust survivors.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Think he managed to get everything I dislike about his way of doing things into one tweet!

He surely can not get relected at this stage. I get that people like to stick by their guy but hopefully when they go into the booth they will just vote him out. He's a disgrace.

Hang on. Most Americans are proud of their country. They have very little engagement with what happens outside their borders except when it comes to the military. The USA uses the military as a way of lifting people from one social class to another, that is why it is such an integral part of the country a lot of people have served and many are patriotic towards their country.

Now lets look at the scene being set at state government level in primarily DNC strongholds. The people pulling down statues are just starting their orgy of destruction, how far does their logic go, does it extend to desecrating graves of people who defended or fought for America, where does it stop? It stops when people tell them no. The crowd who topple statue are vastly outnumbered by Americans of all races who have sound instincts about what makes America a great country to live in. The will mobilise to put an end to the vandals. They have to get their police, their city officials, their governors and their sheriffs to mobilise. The federal government has obvious interests in seeing the barbarians stopped, and sooner or later it’s going to act if the other levels of government do not.

In the meantime the security situation has deteriorated in several areas

As Atlanta Police Protest, Is “Blue Flu” The Next Pandemic?

NYPD officers mull mass 'blue flu' on July 4: 'Let the city have their independence without cops'

‘At a loss about what they’re supposed to do’: Police take on their own kind of protest

People toppling statues don’t care about black people. Black causes are only a means to their end of total control. They really don’t know anything about black Americans or history. They really know nothing about racism, and the reason they’re pulling statues down has nothing at all to do with alleviating racism, with George Floyd, with systemic racism, or with black lives mattering. It has to do with ending America as we know it altogether, and that means replacing it by something that’s America’s opposite and you can guess by their politics where this is going and whether that future appeals to the majority of Americans. You can see what Trump is playing at with that tweet, he is going to try framing the Democrats as unpatriotic Americans.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Some people “jump to a Nazi comparison” way too easily.

In this case though, the Trump campaign tweeted out a a Nazi symbol. Are we all supposed to ignore that?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

He really is a horrible person!

So Americas top infectious disease expert suggests the NFL reason may not start this year du to COVID19, Trump has a hissy fit (again).

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1274170611280068615?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

But out rioting and protesting is ok?

I suggested the numbers going up this week might be a result of the riots and protests and I was told I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,601 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

eagle eye wrote: »
    But out rioting and protesting is ok?

I suggested the numbers going up this week might be a result of the riots and protests and I was told I was wrong.

At least one virologist has an explanation as to what's up with protests & Covid; basically, protests are outdoors, and protestors are wearing masks, so they're not causing a spike in cases. Covid's spread indoors in crowded places, like, say, political rallies at arenas, especially if you don't wear a mask.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/06/protests-covid-outdoor-masks.html

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

He really is a horrible person!

So Americas top infectious disease expert suggests the NFL reason may not start this year du to COVID19, Trump has a hissy fit (again).

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1274170611280068615?s=19

Did he not say he wouldn't be watching NFL?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Overheal wrote:
    Trump had the SDNY AG axed
    So the official line is that he is stepping down but lots screaming that he was fired.
    It might well be the case that he was fired but shouldn't we wait to hear from the man himself before we declare it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement