Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

eagle eye wrote: »
    But out rioting and protesting is ok?

I suggested the numbers going up this week might be a result of the riots and protests and I was told I was wrong.

The clue us in the word “out”.

Numbers in Red states have been steadily increasing for a while now.
    It seems to have happened after they opened up prematurely.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,582 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Igotadose wrote:
    At least one virologist has an explanation as to what's up with protests & Covid; basically, protests are outdoors, and protestors are wearing masks, so they're not causing a spike in cases. Covid's spread indoors in crowded places, like, say, political rallies at arenas, especially if you don't wear a mask.
    They were not all wearing masks. Masks prevent the spread but you can still pick it up. Lots of people shouting through their masks means they will he spreading stuff, lots not wearing masks correctly, exposing their noses.
    If everybody wears a mask correctly and maintains social distance then we do not have an issue. A riot or protests with people chanting and not maintaining social distancing is not that.

Oklahoma emergency room Dr. Samantha White says it's a “terrible idea" to hold the planned Trump rally in Tulsa because coronavirus cases “are up over 100% over the past week.”

I’d say this will push trumps approval number lower if this backfires......which it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,578 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I’d say this will push trumps approval number lower if this backfires......which it will.

Shur he won't care

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

HDMI wrote: »
    Yes I understand the difference but that is not what was said.

"If you support Trump, you're all in on the Nazi symbolism, have been so since 2016"

Thats a broad statement which targets all conservatives.

At this stage, if you still support Trump, not matter the reason, you are not much better than an Nazi- enabler.
    You will be responsible for the rise in racism and hate, division of society, the rise of inhumanity and the dismantling of democracy. Frankly, if they can’t see that by now they are blind and def on purpose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,601 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

They were not all wearing masks. Masks prevent the spread but you can still pick it up. Lots of people shouting through their masks means they will he spreading stuff, lots not wearing masks correctly, exposing their noses.
    If everybody wears a mask correctly and maintains social distance then we do not have an issue. A riot or protests with people chanting and not maintaining social distancing is not that.

It's about probabilities, however. Sure, not everyone's wearing a mask. And sure, those that are, may not be wearing it correctly.

But if *enough* are, the disease won't spread. Just like herd immunity. This is a reasonable explanation for why the numbers in 'protest cities' aren't going up, unlike in states where masks aren't in use and are opening up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Odds on Big Donnie getting his clapping seals to cough on each other to own the libz at this hillbilly Nuremberg rally that's on today?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,601 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Odds on Big Donnie getting his clapping seals to cough on each other to own the libz at this hillbilly Nuremberg rally that's on today?

I'd give it 9/10. BTW "Clapping seals" made me spit my coffee. Can't wait to see the disease spike for Tulsa. At least, they won't be interred with sharia rites.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Of course. But they represent a tiny minority of Americans that have always been there well before Trump.

Careful there, b/c that’s what the Germans thought once too...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1274080589310824450

On a more serious point it looks like half of the chairs were not occupied. Note how Biden is alone, extremely far away from everyone and they all look bored to death.

Much like Reagan in his second term, Biden is a puppet. Everyone has latched onto him because he is "there". There were plenty better choices in the Democrat National Convention primaries and yet they are stuck with this old man who is out of touch and does not generate the same enthusiasm that Obama did, even among the various caucuses under the DNC umbrella.

I don't currently see a path to victory for Biden, I think they will position him as a return to an old status quo, however his handlers will do everything and he will merely sign the papers. This happened to Reagan when he was this old, too. I will wait until August to see if Biden has a viable chance.

Contrast Biden with a populist like President Trump, who can generate a large audience and uses his rallies for A/B testing to see what works and does not with the electorate.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I suggested the numbers going up this week might be a result of the riots and protests and I was told I was wrong.

Where have I even suggested that?

The idiot is ignoring all scientific evidence just so he can have his little pep rally and have his ego stroked by drooling morons.

Boggles wrote: »
    Did he not say he wouldn't be watching NFL?

If the players kneel then he won't watch, I hope everyone of them takes a knee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

On a more serious point it looks like half of the chairs were not occupied. Note how Biden is alone, extremely far away from everyone and they all look bored to death.

Much like Reagan in his second term, Biden is a puppet. Everyone has latched onto him because he is "there". There were plenty better choices in the Democrat National Convention primaries and yet they are stuck with this old man who is out of touch and does not generate the same enthusiasm that Obama did, even among the various caucuses under the DNC umbrella.

I don't currently see a path to victory for Biden, I think they will position him as a return to an old status quo, however his handlers will do everything and he will merely sign the papers. This happened to Reagan when he was this old, too. I will wait until August to see if Biden has a viable chance.

Contrast Biden with a populist like President Trump, who can generate a large audience and uses his rallies for A/B testing to see what works and does not with the electorate.

There's 4 people in that photo and two have their backs to the camera watching the speaker talk. Biden is aware enough to take Covid Prevention measures.

This is just an incredible level of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,764 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/DanRather/status/1274030098295865344

The mere fact they want you to sign a form to declare the Trump campaign takes no responsibility should you pick up COVID tells you all you need to know about whether or not this rally should be going ahead.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Biden is alone because it’s the responsible thing to do. People are far away from him because it’s the responsible thing to do.

I’m not sure how you can tell if they’re bored, you can only see the backs of their heads.

Trump is no Reagan.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    There's 4 people in that photo and two have their backs to the camera watching the speaker talk. Biden is aware enough to take Covid Prevention measures.

Study that picture again from the perspective of an alien guest who knows nothing about social distancing - what does it portray?

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I don't currently see a path to victory for Biden

Funnily enough, Biden's path to victory is the exact same as Trump's path to victory 4 years ago.

If your opponent is bad enough, you'll win by default

I already sent you an article that pointed out there's no indications there's a connection... There's plenty of articles that back this up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Study that picture again from the perspective of an alien guest who knows nothing about social distancing - what does it portray?
    Literally the whole world knows about social distancing. Your point is nonsense and irrelevant

That's a bit meaningless since social distancing does exist and it's necessary. There will be no aliens voting in the election.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Are you really this stupid? He's being responsible and enforcing social distancing unlike the imbecile who is holding large rallies in the middle of a pandemic and making attendees sign disclaimers. You don't need to be jumping around and clapping like an idiot to prove you're not bored.

"Donald Trump’s failure to fight the coronavirus with the same energy and focus that he uses to troll his enemies on Twitter has cost us lives — and is putting hope for an economic recovery at risk".

Brian? wrote: »
    Trump is no Reagan.

I do agree and I was comparing Biden to Reagan who spend his last years sleeping on the job while the likes of the Iran contra affair and others swept around him. Biden is already damaged goods and he has not been elected president. Biden represents the Washington DC establishment status quo, this is a problem.

Are you really this stupid? He's being responsible and enforcing social distancing unlike the imbecile who is holding large rallies in the middle of a pandemic and making attendees sign disclaimers. You don't need to be jumping around and clapping like an idiot to prove you're not bored.

"Donald Trump’s failure to fight the coronavirus with the same energy and focus that he uses to troll his enemies on Twitter has cost us lives — and is putting hope for an economic recovery at risk".

Biden has no problem endorsing huge crowds of non socially distanced protestors. At least those attending a Trump rally sign a document that they know the risks.

And that quote was written by a committee of interns. Biden twitter is dull and uninspiring.

Not endorsing Trump - but Biden is an awful candidate. Also he's 77 and has dementia.

I do agree and I was comparing Biden to Reagan who spend his last years sleeping on the job while the likes of the Iran contra affair and others swept around him. Biden is already damaged goods and he has not been elected president. Biden represents the Washington DC establishment status quo, this is a problem.

There's nothing damning the article you linked to. It goes as far as saying there's no indication of corruption on Biden's part. The Ukraine stuff against Biden amounts to government across the globe backing the US to oust a corrupt prosecutor.

Biden has no problem endorsing huge crowds of non socially distanced protestors. At least those attending a Trump rally sign a document that they know the risks.

And that quote was written by a committee of interns. Biden twitter is dull and uninspiring.

Not endorsing Trump - but Biden is an awful candidate. Also he's 77 and has dementia.

Another baseless and idiotic accusation :rolleyes:

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Literally the whole world knows about social distancing. Your point is nonsense and irrelevant

Pretending the epidemic is still terrifying is a waste of time. While running riot is OK the disease evidently doesn’t hit rioters or mass marchers hiking up and down and all around! It only hits people going to Trump rallies. :rolleyes:

Pretending the epidemic is still terrifying is a waste of time. While running riot is OK the disease evidently doesn’t hit rioters or mass marchers hiking up and down and all around! It only hits people going to Trump rallies. :rolleyes:

Have you seen anyone in this thread make this claim?

You do realise that one can think Trump holding a mass rally during a pandemic is stupid while also thinking mass protests and riots are also stupid right?

There's a higher risk with 20 thousand people packed inside and I would be apprehensive about the impact of the protests but so far the impact of them have been minimal. So basically you're complaining about Biden following the official guidance that is being followed globally? Yesterday the US had its highest number of cases since April. Over 120k people have died..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

There's a higher risk with 20 thousand people packed inside and I would be apprehensive about the impact of the protests but so far the impact of them have been minimal. So basically you're complaining about Biden following the official guidance that is being followed globally? Yesterday the US had its highest number of cases since April. Over 120k people have died..

I see the venue holds 19,000 is it confirmed they are filling it with no social distancing?

Are these streamed live?

• Advertisement

Another baseless and idiotic accusation :rolleyes:

If Biden has dementia(he doesn’t), what the hell does Trump have?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement