Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

jibber5000 wrote: »
    Overall last night was a decent night for Trump.

1) The ticketing fiasco, which to be fair was genius, completely undermined the mail in ballot argument.
    2) A person bled out on the streets in Seattle as the ambulance wouldn't enter CHOP without police support.
    3) Cancel culture began to eat in itself with liberal Yale graduates trying to defend their school being named after a slave trader.

The hypocrisy from all 3 examples would not play well with centrist voters.

I'm not sure the decades old vote by mail process is comparable to a ticketing cock up.

Outside of the embarrassing things he said and did, and the empty arena, I think the main takeaway is going to be him claiming he tried to reduce the testing numbers. That is an explosive thing to say that does him no benefit and will feature in every attack ad leading up to the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Overall last night was a decent night for Trump.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm not sure the decades old vote by mail process is comparable to a ticketing cock up.

Outside of the embarrassing things he said and did, and the empty arena, I think the main takeaway is going to be him claiming he tried to reduce the testing numbers. That is an explosive thing to say that does him no benefit and will feature in every attack ad leading up to the election.

Absolutely. Trying to deliberately reduce testing because the numbers look bad should really be seen as a criminal act, actively working against the people he's meant to be serving. There's no medical reason for it, and no excuse.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

duploelabs wrote: »
    Technically there's no Italian state back then, but geographically he was

You want to tell Silvio Columbus wasn’t Italian?

https://youtu.be/jBD61skoMk8

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

You're calling it a ticketing cock up? It was fraud to inflate the numbers of applicants.

At least try and come back with a decent argument.

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »

It was a decent night for the good people of CHOP I suppose.

It was a decent night for the good people of CHOP I suppose.

I have no idea but your claim that it was a decent night for Trump is beyond farcical.

It was the worst way to end an absolute terrible week for the Dotard, up there as one of his worse weeks and he has had a few.

My favorite part is when he ordered Air Force One to do a fly over of the "crowds" and by crowds of course I mean an empty car park where staffers were dismantling his stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You're calling it a ticketing cock up? It was fraud to inflate the numbers of applicants.

How is people buying the tickets and then not showing up fraudulent in a legal sense?

I have no idea but your claim that it was a decent night for Trump is beyond farcical.

It was the worst way to end an absolute terrible week for the Dotard, up there as one of his worse weeks and he has had a few.

My favorite part is when he ordered Air Force One to do a fly over of the "crowds" and by crowds of course I mean an empty car park where staffers were dismantling his stage.

Which is worse

1) the optics of that flyover

2) Murder and rape in an autonomous area of a major US city with ambulances unable to help the victims as they wouldn't let police in to provide back up.

For the average American, the latter impacts them far more.

How is people buying the tickets and then not showing up fraudulent in a legal sense?

"a person or thing intended to deceive others".

Yep I'd call last nights ticketing interference fraudulent.

Where did I say in the legal sense?

• Advertisement

I called it a ticketing cock up, you yourself called it a "ticketing fiasco". It appears we're on the same page with our terminology.

Vote by mail has worked successfully for multiple election cycles. Are you saying that the Trump administration are so inept that they will ruin a process that has been proven to work for years, the same way his campaign managed to make a bags of this event?

I don't think the two are at all comparable but I'm open to you proving they are if you can?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Pa ElGrande

Some more perspective on Trump & Biden.

Net Zero means we are paying for the destruction of our economy and society in pursuit of an unachievable and pointless policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,598 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Can't be. No different than buying the tickets, taking ill and not attending. Read the fine print on the ticket, you're not obligated to attend, you're granted a license or something like that to attend, and the issuer can revoke at any time, this is the legal defense so that they can block people from attending or throw them out.

Also, the tickets were free, first come first serve. Nothing litigable there, no money in it.

I somehow think people acquiring tickets and not attending wasn't the reason the #IMPOTUS rally fizzled . Unenthusiasm, bad timing and typical #IMPOTUS campaign ineptitude.

He might've succeeded in spreading Covid more in his inner circle, CNN's reporting 2 SS agents have symptoms now, not clear from the report where they are or were they on AF1 for example.

"a person or thing intended to deceive others".

Yep I'd call last nights ticketing interference fraudulent.

Where did I say in the legal sense?

Because Fraud is a legal term with definitions that can lead to a criminal prosecution, like claiming to be resident in another state to gain its voting rights. How are the people who got the tickets and then not shown up committing fraud?

Which is worse

1) the optics of that flyover

2) Murder and rape in an autonomous area of a major US city with ambulances unable to help the victims as they wouldn't let police in to provide back up.

For the average American, the latter impacts them far more.

For Trump and his ego?

The flyover.

From teenage Jesus? :confused:

Who is he?

Igotadose wrote: »
    Can't be. No different than buying the tickets, taking ill and not attending. Read the fine print on the ticket, you're not obligated to attend, you're granted a license or something like that to attend, and the issuer can revoke at any time, this is the legal defense so that they can block people from attending or throw them out.

Also, the tickets were free, first come first serve. Nothing litigable there, no money in it.

I somehow think people acquiring tickets and not attending wasn't the reason the #IMPOTUS rally fizzled . Unenthusiasm, bad timing and typical #IMPOTUS campaign ineptitude.

He might've succeeded in spreading Covid more in his inner circle, CNN's reporting 2 SS agents have symptoms now, not clear from the report where they are or were they on AF1 for example.

If I didn't get a ticket, yet showed up at the event, surely then I'd be allowed into the overflow?

I called it a ticketing cock up, you yourself called it a "ticketing fiasco". It appears we're on the same page with our terminology.

Vote by mail has worked successfully for multiple election cycles. Are you saying that the Trump administration are so inept that they will ruin a process that has been proven to work for years, the same way his campaign managed to make a bags of this event?

I don't think the two are at all comparable but I'm open to you proving they are if you can?

It wasn't a mix up by Trumps team it was outside interference. You were implying that it was incompetence by the former.

You've thrown out a general statement then asked me to prove something? No one is saying the election will result in voter fraud through mail in balloting but there is the opportunity for this to happen.

Keep up this isn't difficult.

For Trump and his ego?

The flyover.

To American voters?

Any chance you could give a summary on that video? I’d rather not spend 8 minutes watching that gimp.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

No one is saying the election will result in voter fraud through mail in balloting

No one?

5ece71c3988ee31283585062?width=700&format=jpeg&auto=webp

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Surely it can't be that difficult to limit online ticket sales to registered Republicans? Or some other verification process, or even nationality? Any professional organisation I'm in that holds elections can confine them to members.

This was a ticketing cock-up and you can be certain Trump's crew will restrict the next one.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

To American voters?

Populist politician being shown up as not popular....

That is very damaging for drumpf and would be a significant turn off for on the fence voters

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Surely that's the end of any mail in ballot arguments? If they were able to create hundreds of thousands of new identity's to dupe Trumps people into thinking there were 1 million actual applications, why couldn't they do the same in November?

why do you assume they created thousands of new identities?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Surely that's the end of any mail in ballot arguments? If they were able to create hundreds of thousands of new identity's to dupe Trumps people into thinking there were 1 million actual applications, why couldn't they do the same in November?

Yess.. because providing an email address on a website is exactly the same as getting added to the electoral register and voting

To American voters?

Was Joe Biden stopping the police? No. So there is no comparison. You just want a bit of whataboutery to distract from a disastrous night for Trump.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

The "outside interference " of people ordering tickets with no intention of going had no effect on the numbers that turned up. Everyone who wanted to go, went. All it did was make the Trump campaign think that they would get a huge turnout when that was never going to happen.

Trump got trolled, and it's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

So his comeback was a total disaster?
    Didn’t some people wait outside for days?
    Lol

John Bolton interview next.

It wasn't a mix up by Trumps team it was outside interference. You were implying that it was incompetence by the former.

You've thrown out a general statement then asked me to prove something? No one is saying the election will result in voter fraud through mail in balloting but there is the opportunity for this to happen.

Keep up this isn't difficult.

According to reporting, the Trump team were aware that a substantial number of requests would be no-shows but still put their candidate in a position to humiliate himself. That is incompetence in my view.

I was under the impression you'd take a stab at substantiating your own arguments? You claimed that this ticketing fiasco bolsters Trump's argument against vote by mail. That appears to be nonsensical and seemingly you agree since you can't show how the two are similar. I can see from the other Trump threads that you're having similar trouble making a coherent argument there aswell, so I wont hold my breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The "outside interference " of people ordering tickets with no intention of going had no effect on the numbers that turned up. Everyone who wanted to go, went. All it did was make the Trump campaign think that they would get a huge turnout when that was never going to happen.

Trump got trolled, and it's hilarious.

1 million people registered for an event in a 20,000 seater stadium. Now, there will always be people who genuinely register and dont go. But trump cannot even get 20,000 people to register and then turn up. in a state he won by a wide margin. that is beyond pathetic and his team probably spent most of the night trying to calm him down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement