Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 US Presidential Election (aka: The Trump Coronation)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Did they have all the black people together in one place. It looks like it from the video above. They seem very anxious to show black people attending.

Would they really segregate the black people into one space?

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Madeleine Birchfield

Donald Trump was right when he said the elections were rigged in 2016. They were rigged to get Donald Trump and other Republicans to get elected. Republicans perform voting fraud at a much higher rate than Democrats do.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

pjohnson wrote: »
    Would they really segregate the black people into one space?

For the cameras? Your damn right they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭timsey tiger

eagle eye wrote: »
    Did any of you guys ever think that a little thing called covid-19 might just be behind the small crowd?

no that's just a hoax dreamed up by the democrats

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

jibber5000 wrote: »
    So democrats have nothing to do with Biden. Right good argument. Republicans and Democrats mean nothing in this election.

Biden isn't all democrats the way Trump isn't all republicans. It's a pretty simply concept.

Trump has a disastrous rally and you bring up a protest that Biden has nothing to do with.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Igotadose wrote: »
    Hilarious. Only 6200 out of 19,200 capacity. Local HS basketball probably does better. Can't even muster up a half-filled arena. And, like the good snowflake the #IMPOTUS is, his mop-and-bucket brigade are blaming everyone but themselves for their own incompetence.

The added goody that the advance team had Covid and so do some of the SS is just hilarious.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrewsolender/2020/06/21/turnout-at-trumps-tulsa-rally-was-just-under-6200a-fraction-of-the-venues-19200-capacity/#6fb8ffd51fed

That's quite bad. I wonder if that's what has Trump world so mad this morning?

It's been more nutty and desperate than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

So what did Trump have to say on the George Floyd/protest situation, policiing, race relations etc yesterday? If he wants to have a chance in November he will need to address these so surely he had a good bit to say on them?

I heard his son called protesters animals, but beyond that, what did Trump himself have to say?

Genoese. Italy didn't exist yet as a nation back in 1492, the northern half sans Genoa and Venice was part of the HRE, Genoa and Venice were merchant republics, and the southern half were the Papal States and Naples.

I guess O'Connell wasn't Irish then either.

duploelabs wrote: »
    Technically there's no Italian state back then, but culturally he was

fyp

I think some of you missed the really big story from last night.

After making a bunch of excuses for his low-energy ramp walk, he went and do something that nobody has ever managed to do.

He took a sip of water with one hand. What a big boy he is!

https://twitter.com/DeAnna4Congress/status/1274522762502160386

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭jibber5000

Brian? wrote: »
    Biden isn't all democrats the way Trump isn't all republicans. It's a pretty simply concept.

Trump has a disastrous rally and you bring up a protest that Biden has nothing to do with.

They've taken over part of a city for two weeks. Actively encouraged by the Democrats in seattle.
    How is setting up an autonomous zone just a protest??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

29870188-8444021-image-a-102_1592715280823.jpg

They've taken over part of a city for two weeks. Actively encouraged by the Democrats in seattle.

Isn't there a thread for that? I'm not sure why you'd be trying to shoehorn it into this one so badly. Do you really think that harping on about it will convince the world that Trump had a good night last night?

How is it anything to do with Biden?

they/them/theirs

Did they have all the black people together in one place. It looks like it from the video above. They seem very anxious to show black people attending.

I thought they stopped segregation in the 60ties.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Brian? wrote: »
    How is it anything to do with Biden?

blm-seattle-mayor-democrat = Biden. jaysus man how hard can it be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

jamule wrote: »
    blm-seattle-mayor-democrat = Biden. jaysus man how hard can it be.

If you're saying what any democrat does defines all democrats, doesn't that also extend to Trump and republicans like pedophile Roy Moore, white supremacist Steve King, and terrorist plotter Matt Shea?

If you're not saying what any democrat does defines all democrats, then what does this have to do with Biden?

This comes over as a desperate attempt to talk about anything but last night's disastrous Trump rally. Did he even address the racial unrest issues going on in the US at all during it?

I think some of you missed the really big story from last night.

After making a bunch of excuses for his low-energy ramp walk, he went and do something that nobody has ever managed to do.

He took a sip of water with one hand. What a big boy he is!

https://twitter.com/DeAnna4Congress/status/1274522762502160386

You know what. Fair play to Trump. That was the perfect response.

they/them/theirs

This comes over as a desperate attempt to talk about anything but last night's disastrous Trump rally. Did he even address the racial unrest issues going on in the US at all during it?

It was really bad. So bad in fact that the defenses include a picture with some blacks in it, a comparison to a small event practicing distancing, a picture where the empty seats were out of shot and a theory that kids registering for a free event constitutes fraud and was the reason for the place being empty.

Oh, and there was also that nonsense about betting on Trump which let's face it, amounted to no more than "I have no argument but you should believe me because I believe me".

It's absolutely desperate but that's just how much of a disaster this was for Trump. For a lot of his supporters, Trump is about WINNING, or at least the illusion of winning. Last night was clearly not that and it seems to have some of his supporters a bit rattled as evidenced by the ridiculously flimsy claims from this morning and afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

This is the propaganda put out

https://twitter.com/thejtlewis/status/1274482934582595584

You may think just another irrelevant Tweeter - but no - the supporters eat it up. And this stuff is all over Twitter by bots.

They don't give a fig for fact or reality because they know no better than the latest republican tweets.

It's sad really.

• Advertisement

You may think just another irrelevant Tweeter - but no - the supporters eat it up. And this stuff is all over Twitter by bots.

They don't give a fig for fact or reality because they know no better than the latest republican tweets.

It's sad really.

I believe that one or two people in this thread were duped by it and posted it here. I could understand some of the simple folk that were interviewed outside the rally falling for it but is it too much to assume that we're a bit smarter than that over here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

https://twitter.com/thejtlewis/status/1274482934582595584

It's sad really.

The fellow who posted it is running in the election.
    Yikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The fellow who posted it is running in the election.
    Yikes.

Gemmaroids ran for office, go figure

• Registered Users Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

https://twitter.com/evanmcmurry/status/1274424830444650496

Trump has to go in November, anything less puts all of us at risk. I can't believe the United States of America has been reduced to what it is today.

We won't get through another 4 years of this lunatic.

It's that simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

So not only did Trump lose interest in COVID and wanted everyone to stop talking about it as it might negatively effect his re-election - he was actively trying to stop other people working on it, nice!

If anyone votes for this guy... I dunno! :confused:

https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1274500811486228482

Trump has to go in November, anything less puts all of us at risk. I can't believe the United States of America has been reduced to what it is today.

We won't get through another 4 years of this lunatic.

It's that simple.

SDNY seems to have gotten away with it for now. Trump denied firing him and last night, Berman resigned, leaving his deputy in place. His deputy has been looking after the a lot of the cases involving Trump, his campaign, his buddies and Deutsche Bank.

The attempted removal itself was handled very poorly and seems to have backfired.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

SDNY seems to have gotten away with it for now. Trump denied firing him and last night, Berman resigned, leaving his deputy in place. His deputy has been looking after the a lot of the cases involving Trump, his campaign, his buddies and Deutsche Bank.

The attempted removal itself was handled very poorly and seems to have backfired.
    the latest ****show begs so many questions. I suppose the main one is, has trump given up already and has noved on to trying to keep himself outta jail come jan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Trump is a great used car dealer type.He could sell sand to the Saudis and make them think they ripped him off.And he has sold this great image to the American people who are so desperate to believe in a better life.He is just a convincing hustler.

Biden on the other hand is stuck in the 60's and 70's.And seems to have more trouble than Trump,at forming a sentence.So at this point,who is the lesser of two evils to be the next President?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Trump is a great used car dealer type.He could sell sand to the Saudis and make them think they ripped him off.And he has sold this great image to the American people who are so desperate to believe in a better life.He is just a convincing hustler.

Biden on the other hand is stuck in the 60's and 70's.And seems to have more trouble than Trump,at forming a sentence.So at this point,who is the lesser of two evils to be the next President?

Biden.

• Advertisement

Even if the only difference between them was their ability to speak, Biden still does better in that department despite that stutter that he's had for years.

Of course, elections are more complicated than that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement